• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
the silly unwarranted damage buff on baptise and orisa and now reverting them is one the most stupid, easily avoidable fuck ups in the history of this game.

Like why you did it in the first place? Do you have any mechanism in place to not repeat the same stupid AF balance changes? When Baptise has more damage than soldier, it is not right. Balancing this game isn't that hard if they stop the absurd and stupid changes.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Orisa's cooldown times for Fortify/Barrier were pretty well balanced now.

Made it back to platinum for the first time in a while with Zenyatta and floating around 2300 with Hog/Orisa/Winston. Better than the previous few seasons ended up where I was around 2000-2100 in both categories.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I just woke up to the PTR changes.

Holy crap, wow.

Finally, Reapers life steal is going back to 30%. Blizzard finally stopped being stubborn about it, jesus.

Sigma's ult is finally interuptable. Good. I can't understand why this was not a thing from the start. And his damage got nerfed. Again, good.

Orisa - this is the only character that I feel they have overnerfed, but given how much of a lynchpin she is to doubleshield, its okay if she has some time out of the sun.

McCree - um.....this one is just wierd lol, but it's good to have his primary fire not be a machine gun anymore.

Baptiste - Again, finally. I don't think having a well rounded healer-dps is inherently a bad thing, but it was on par with Soldier was crazy.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Had a defense where we stopped the cart on Rialto at 25 meters. 4/6 quit before the 2nd round

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Was Orisa that good? She keeps getting nerf after nerf. Her cooldowns are already long. I don't understand why are they nerfing her so much. Also Sigma nerfs sounds like too much to me.

Also McCree buff doesn't make much sense. He has a good range and great DMG. He doesn't need 50 more health.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Was Orisa that good? She keeps getting nerf after nerf. Her cooldowns are already long. I don't understand why are they nerfing her so much. Also Sigma nerfs sounds like too much to me.

Both of them were boring in the vision of Blizzard's OW fast and dynamic gameplay (always on the move, brainy gameplay as opposed to sitting in the choke). Boring also in the sense that they are the perfect stationary tanks that are unfun to go against with loads of abilities in their asenal (CC, shields, defense matrix, halt, power boost ult and so on).

Once they added Bap and Sigma to the game, Orisa became this unkillable tank that is unfun to fight against.

I love to see Rein back because a dirty Brig main loves a goid Rein!

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Also McCree buff doesn't make much sense. He has a good range and great DMG. He doesn't need 50 more health.

Her halt has been one of the most powerful abilities in the game setting up numerous plays, it has a larger range then Zarya's grav and has a 8 second cooldown. Her ult which gives 2x damage to anyone in a 25m range is very powerful.

Her and Sigma have been the main 2 tanks in high level play since Sigma came around. Before while she paired best with Roadhog he was a liability unlike Sigma.

Sigma has no real weakness, he can fight any 1v1. He does too much.

McCree needs a reason to be played over characters like Ashe, Solider, or Widow. He needs something against dive. Little extra health does that in a better way then extra dps.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a good beginning to real back burst meta and provide a more level playing field for dps.

Also this is still patch 1.44, so OWL will use this :)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
that snarky motherfucker on youroverwatch gonna have a field day after being wrong..again..
I checked out YourOverwatch videos occasionally some time ago, but found the dudes attitude and general personality really displeasing. I decided to just go check out some of the recent videos and jesus, he really is full of himself. Really obnoxious. Strangely enough, it seems his viewers agree. All the top comments on this one video I watched were all criticizing him.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Orisa nerfs is just Jeff asking to stop playing Orisa for a bit and explore something else. They will probably buff her later, that's how this game works. Just look at Dva, which will be meta again 100 percent.

Also reminder that they nerfed every shield except Winston's which was actually buffed earlier. He has the best shield in the game right now. It's so blatant they want to bring dive back so they just buffed mccree to have some counter play as well but there will be dive for sure depending on maps.

I loved watching dive in owl so I hope it is back. Tracers popping off is always fun.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Orisa nerfs is just Jeff asking to stop playing Orisa for a bit and explore something else. They will probably buff her later, that's how this game works. Just look at Dva, which will be meta again 100 percent.

Also reminder that they nerfed every shield except Winston's which was actually buffed earlier. He has the best shield in the game right now. It's so blatant they want to bring dive back so they just buffed mccree to have some counter play as well but there will be dive for sure depending on maps.

I loved watching dive in owl so I hope it is back. Tracers popping off is always fun.
Sigma rein it is. Her halt was just too good.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019

IMO dive has always been the most exciting and varied meta. Keeping that and a decent (hopefully single) shield meta viable at the same time should be the goal.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I checked out YourOverwatch videos occasionally some time ago, but found the dudes attitude and general personality really displeasing. I decided to just go check out some of the recent videos and jesus, he really is full of himself. Really obnoxious. Strangely enough, it seems his viewers agree. All the top comments on this one video I watched were all criticizing him.
It's the thing that happens as soon as the OW youtubers get any love from Blizzard. Not one of them is bearable anymore IMO.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Piledriving Sigma and Orisa but letting Mei and Doomfist continue to do what they do just feels like Blizzard continuing to focus around OWL and not realize that's the kind of thing that has them bleeding players.

The only change on there that really feels like it's appealing to lower meta(ie the vast overhwelming majority) of players is the Reaper nerf. I'm genuinely curious what the numbers for OW2 look like because I doubt it'll be more than OW1 and I predict a way quicker drop off if the balancing team continues to obsess over the declining league.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Piledriving Sigma and Orisa but letting Mei and Doomfist continue to do what they do just feels like Blizzard continuing to focus around OWL and not realize that's the kind of thing that has them bleeding players.

The only change on there that really feels like it's appealing to lower meta(ie the vast overhwelming majority) of players is the Reaper nerf. I'm genuinely curious what the numbers for OW2 look like because I doubt it'll be more than OW1 and I predict a way quicker drop off if the balancing team continues to obsess over the declining league.
Doomfist got nerfed last patch??? So did Mei??????

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Neither are substantial nerfs. Only in OWL style play. They both still do the things they were able to do before in any non-high level environment. Which was my point.
Non substantial nerfs have killed heroes before and the larger playerbase is even worse at predicting meta changes than the highest level, who are already bad at it

A good DF will always make him work, aside from literally making him unplayable. Giving you a bigger window to escape from his uppercut combo is a nerf, no two ways about it.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know if this is new or not, but I just won a game where the other team had 2 leavers. I only got 14 SR for the win. I wonder if it gives you less for those situations.

I know there's performance based SR, but the teams were fairly equal and I didn't play poorly.

Last edited:

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is new or not, but I just won a game where the other team had 2 leavers. I only got 14 SR for the win. I wonder if it gives you less for those situations.

I know there's performance based SR, but the teams were fairly equal and I didn't play poorly.
Who knows, the game still does that stupid thing where if you quit (because others have quit and safe to quit time has passed) you not only lose SR that match, but your next win gives you like 3 SR.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Could it be an introduction of what OW2 will be? What I mean is bringing OW1 PVP into the OW2 engine, just without all the PVE content... Maybe with some modes and under the hood improvements? Maybe that's a little bit too much, but who knows specially if they had to sign an NDA

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I heard rumored is that we're gonna have more selectable abilities. Essentially, like the pve mode gives you more abilities, pvp players will get a choice of abilities.

This could be complete bullshit, but it makes sense as something that could completely reinvigorate the game since... Well, it'd upend the entire system of ow. But on the other hand, it was weird to me how they were making all these assets for OW2 that would never be used in the main pvp game. Well, if swappable abilities are coming, maybe they aren't.

We'll see I guess and this is such a far fetched rumor that I haven't seen thrown around anywhere else that it's prooobably fake, but it would be a hell of a way to shake things up.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Mercy rework 2

tumblr_inline_pbbd6fURZ01r2vvqk_540.gif

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fully agree that tii many nerfs and balancing only revilves around OWL meta instead of the actual game balance.

I liked the philosophy of buffing heroes to match up with stronger ones instead of making some characters useless at all.

But I am quite salty because I love playing Sigma tbh

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I hate that they are balancing the game around OWL. Even since it started, it ruined the fun for a lot of casual players.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
Could it be an introduction of what OW2 will be? What I mean is bringing OW1 PVP into the OW2 engine, just without all the PVE content... Maybe with some modes and under the hood improvements? Maybe that's a little bit too much, but who knows specially if they had to sign an NDA

The entire OW1 game already is going to be in OW2 since they are going to be cross PVP play too iirc, OW2 is basically just improved graphics and the PVE stuff for some cost

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch team giving this dude the time of day will never stop being funny. Smh.
Yeah, pretty ridiculous. But he's popular, so they don't care.

I hate that they are balancing the game around OWL. Even since it started, it ruined the fun for a lot of casual players.
No kidding. I miss Overwatch being really fun as a casual player. People often don't like whenever I talk fondly of the first year of Overwatch because there are major nerfs/buffs they like that followed that time, but I genuinely thought it was a more fun game. I hope to one day see an "Overwatch Classic" but I'm not holding my breath.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, pretty ridiculous. But he's popular, so they don't care.

No kidding. I miss Overwatch being really fun as a casual player. People often don't like whenever I talk fondly of the first year of Overwatch because there are major nerfs/buffs they like that followed that time, but I genuinely thought it was a more fun game. I hope to one day see an "Overwatch Classic" but I'm not holding my breath.
It's not like the first year of OW didn't receive major changes (no duplicate heroes in comp for one, heavy balance changes for another: remember 400+ damage McCree or kill 150 HP heroes with a bodyshot Widowmaker?)

Not sure where this idea of 'they balance around OWL' comes from when they have repeatedly stated and shown to use stats from all modes.

Not to say your feelings are wrong of course.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
I fully agree that tii many nerfs and balancing only revilves around OWL meta instead of the actual game balance.

I liked the philosophy of buffing heroes to match up with stronger ones instead of making some characters useless at all.

But I am quite salty because I love playing Sigma tbh

Its always funny to see casual players complain about Blizzard balancing around Pro and high level players while Pro and High level player complain how the game is balanced around casual. Last few torb nerfs exemplify that fact, he was really good at low levels and not great at high levels because of his overload.

If they were balancing around OWL dive would be the only comp around. Pro players love dive and miss it. Fact is Sigma is picked at a high rate for how strong he is. He is in almost every game from Diamond and above.

Overwatch has buffed well more then nerfed which has lead to power creep and heal creep.

Sigma has rendered the rest of the off tanks useless, he is the outlier, instead of buffing the rest you just nerf him to get him align with the rest. There was a patch during the moth meta that tried to buff all the support characters to get them to Mercy's level, it didn't work and Mercy continue to be the strongest healer. It wasn't until the changed her HPS from 60 to 50 that she drop below the rest of the supports.

Sigma will still be strong, he has a shield, a stun, and a matrix while having one of the best ults in the game.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
The Y1 Overwatch nostalgia is not because the game was balanced, it's because the game was fresh and new and exciting. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Not to say your feelings are wrong of course.

Why not? Their feelings effectively are wrong. Not their fondness of the past, but their perception of it.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ah the halycon days of Year 1 OW
Where Zen died to a slight breeze, Torb Town ran rampant on console and a flashbang ready McCree lurked around every corner ready to roll to victory.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The Y1 Overwatch nostalgia is not because the game was balanced, it's because the game was fresh and new and exciting. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

Why not? Their feelings effectively are wrong. Not their fondness of the past, but their perception of it.
Well yeah, I meant in reference to their fondness. If they have nostalgia or fondness for it, I'm not here to judge.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Something fun doesn't suddenly become unfun because it isn't new and fresh anymore, if so all older games would suck today. Was Y1 OW balanced? Hell no, but what was there I think was an overall better experience and no amount of "Yeah, but what about" changes that for me. OW continues to have issues, it was never perfect, it will never be perfect. By saying I think Y1 OW was better isn't me saying there weren't things about it that were broken and unfun. It's me saying I think Y1 OW was more enjoyable than the various balancing we've got since. By all means, you can continue to brush it off as rose-tinted glasses. Who knows, maybe you're right. I'd love to play Y1 OW again to find out. But until that option arrives that proves to me I simply started losing interest, or we enter a state of the game which brings back that level of fun for me, I'll keep believing Y1 OW was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.