• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone here changed their PSN and can confirm it doesn't mess up the link to your Blizzard account?

I basically want to know if I can keep racking up OWL tokens.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
my only complaint would be that the upper portion of the coat being a separate separate piece on top of the rest of the coat is a weird look but otherwise I am pleased

I've been hoping for a Moira skin with a dress shirt and tie and this will do

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Has anyone here changed their PSN and can confirm it doesn't mess up the link to your Blizzard account?

I basically want to know if I can keep racking up OWL tokens.

It looks like people are losing progress so I'd hold off it I were you, It does seem like you'll have to re-link your account after the change
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-progress-lost-with-psn-change/328582/13

Our engineers identified a small number of cases where the PSN change affected game progress, and are currently working to address this from our side. We are confident in being able to have this resolved within a short time. Until this is resolved, we recommend refraining from playing any matches.

Although I don't have an exact time to offer as to when this will be resolved, this is a priority for us. As a general guess, I would expect this to be resolved within a few days to about a week. Thanks for hanging in there in the meantime!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...all_overwatch_progress_after_psn_name_change/

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It looks like people are losing progress so I'd hold off it I were you, It does seem like you'll have to re-link your account after the change
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-progress-lost-with-psn-change/328582/13

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/...all_overwatch_progress_after_psn_name_change/
Hmm I haven't lost any progress so far. I have all my skins and sprays. I haven't played a match tho since the change.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
hadn't played D.Va in a while

she's still just the best

Edit:
the hi res image of the Moira skin is up
0x0250000000002791.jpg

yep, gonna get this one
also, didn't realize at first but this skin is based on an outfit from her lore video illustrations
nesskain-hks-shot2f.jpg

Last edited:

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks this was the kind of stuff I was worried about.

There's only a handful of games I care about progress going forward. But this is definitely one of them.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another day of playing my ass off, another day of getting pooped on. 14k+ heals as Brigitte and the questions of "where are my heals?" come flooding in. I dunno, maybe don't pick high mobility characters that I can't keep track of if you're expecting pocket healing? :/

Man, I'm tired.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Man I played my fucking ass off in Comp last night as Moira, I think I played six games and came out with gold medals in kills, damage, healing and objective time every single match and lost a shit ton of SR. In practically every match (spread across two different teams) nobody would focus the Mercy, instead decrying Bastions who a) weren't the problem and b) was getting rezzed every. Single. Time. He was downed stopping us from making any progress. Add to this nobody actually watching the healers back and screams of "I NEED HEALING! WHERE'S THE HEALING?!" I think I am about done with playing Comp. I think I'll grind out some boxes in the event and then either uninstall or stick to QP where I just do what the fuck I want and don't care about taking the L's. Losing so much SR despite bringing my A-game is just too much to take at times.
I know the feeling, but remember your SR gains/loss is based off other Moiras at the same rank, not how many Gold medals you got.

As a support main, I get those "blame the healers" toxicity too, so I just turned OFF voice chat all together, which has the decreased the amount of times I get tilted.
Become a Mercy god and you will fly through silver and gold.
Ranking up with healer is hardest at the mid-lower ranks because you're still at the mercy (no pun intended lol) of your teammates, who often just trickle into the fights and still don't understand basic team compositions.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the feeling, but remember your SR gains/loss is based off other Moiras at the same rank, not how many Gold medals you got.

As a support main, I get those "blame the healers" toxicity too, so I just turned OFF voice chat all together, which has the decreased the amount of times I get tilted.
Ranking up with healer is hardest at the mid-lower ranks because you're still at the mercy (no pun intended lol) of your teammates, who often just trickle into the fights and still don't understand basic team compositions.

I mean sure, I get that my personal progress is relative, but at the same time I'm consistently outperforming everyone else on my team with 'good' comps and mostly, when it comes down to it, we're getting outplayed rather than actually playing poorly overall so at least there's that. I could really just live without success and failure being blamed on a healer who's doing their job better than average overall. The healing stats don't lie!

You'd think with over 3k hours in Dota 2 I would be used to this shit by now.

Sharkarat

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Yeah, similarly playing Tank and getting all the blame.
Cause at least half the time I get blamed for playing passively It's because I've already noticed the team (DPSes in particular) just won't be able to follow up on aggressive tank play.
With one of the most irritating moments being idle dps not helping cleaning up an earthshatter.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
I just wanted to take a second to rant that Sombra is currently probably the least fun character to play against. I used to think it was probably Widowmaker, but her hacks just leave certain character completely helpless. She just takes the fun out of it and completely ruins some modes even. I really hope they'll consider reworking all the stuns/cc at some point, they're just too disruptive and infuriating.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, similarly playing Tank and getting all the blame.
Cause at least half the time I get blamed for playing passively It's because I've already noticed the team (DPSes in particular) just won't be able to follow up on aggressive tank play.
With one of the most irritating moments being idle dps not helping cleaning up an earthshatter.
My beautiful brother in misery.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I just wanted to take a second to rant that Sombra is currently probably the least fun character to play against. I used to think it was probably Widowmaker, but her hacks just leave certain character completely helpless. She just takes the fun out of it and completely ruins some modes even. I really hope they'll consider reworking all the stuns/cc at some point, they're just too disruptive and infuriating.
BOOP!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Another day of playing my ass off, another day of getting pooped on. 14k+ heals as Brigitte and the questions of "where are my heals?" come flooding in. I dunno, maybe don't pick high mobility characters that I can't keep track of if you're expecting pocket healing? :/

Man, I'm tired.

lmao yeah
This happens so often when I play healer. They run in all alone with a squishy 200 health DPS hero, expecting me to solely pocket them, and when they obviously get melted, I am at fault for sticking with the team. Or there's a Tracer or Genji flanking from behind, constantly killing me, I keep telling them there's that flanker behind, but they ignore it and then yell at me for dying so often. Like, fucking protect your backline you baboons then you'll get your heals.

I also like when I play Zen, Moira or Brigitte, have gold everything medals (including damage, with 3 or 4 DPS on the team) and still get the blame. Like, maybe fucking kill people so I don't have to constantly defend myself?

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao yeah
This happens so often when I play healer. They run in all alone with a squishy 200 health DPS hero, expecting me to solely pocket them, and when they obviously get melted, I am at fault for sticking with the team. Or there's a Tracer or Genji flanking from behind, constantly killing me, I keep telling them there's that flanker behind, but they ignore it and then yell at me for dying so often. Like, fucking protect your backline you baboons then you'll get your heals.

I also like when I play Zen, Moira or Brigitte, have gold everything medals (including damage, with 3 or 4 DPS on the team) and still get the blame. Like, maybe fucking kill people so I don't have to constantly defend myself?
The solution is to six stack heals and go.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Heh....looks cool. but not as cool as his Blackwatch outfit. He looks like a sort of punk edgelord, which I guess I could see McCree being at 18 or below

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Archives seems to be the event with the most individual heroes getting multiple skins

Actually not true, up till these skins torb was the only multiple in archive now Mccree and Moria have 2, summer and Halloween have the most with 8, winter with 6, anniversary with 5 and lunar with 4. This includes epics. Also I don't think I updated with the latest lunar event.

Mccree has the most event skin at 9

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Actually not true, up till these skins torb was the only multiple in archive now Mccree and Moria have 2, summer and Halloween have the most with 8, winter with 6, anniversary with 5 and lunar with 4. This includes epics. Also I don't think I updated with the latest lunar event.

Mccree has the most event skin at 9
Holy shit, nevermind then lol

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Was I making it that much harder on myself all that time? Lol. Well it's what worked for me anyway. Damage boosting a Reaper destroys all the silvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.