• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Sigma should be in comp, it's a beta test for the new matchmaking anyway, stats aren't even being recorded so who cares

especially if role queue isn't in QP yet (and, apparently, is busted at the moment?), Sigma, Rein, Orisa would make me not play any QP until september anyway lol

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oof, I am getting surprisingly tilted playing quick play lol. So many losses where people are dancing around the point... instead of on the point.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sigma should be in comp, it's a beta test for the new matchmaking anyway, stats aren't even being recorded so who cares

especially if role queue isn't in QP yet (and, apparently, is busted at the moment?), Sigma, Rein, Orisa would make me not play any QP until september anyway lol

It's like a soft lock. Once two of a role is picked no one else can pick it.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, QuickPlay is pretty rough right now. Lots of people joining/leaving when they load in and see their role is locked. Making it hard to keep a full team the entire match.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried no limits and I ended up on a group of 6 Sigmas (I know, I'm part of the problem) against a real team and that ended poorly lol

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I don't understand why you make a melee healer, but take away her ability to remain in melee range. She feels really awkward right now. If you're not proccing Inspire, you're not being useful, and if you want to keep Inspire active, you may get shredded.

Maybe keep inspire going for 6-7 seconds as long as she bashes something, which would let her play around the 4 second cooldown.

Poor Brig.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Only played QP so far because I need to get into the game before I play comp again but I LOVE the role locks in QP. I have yet to have any leavers except 1 or 2. Anyway always having 2 tanks and 2 healers feels great and actually means I can enjoy the game again.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Is there an easy way to tell if inspire is active/percent of the time that it is active? I find myself hitting tab to look at the stats to see if I'm healing or not when I play Brig.

Last edited:

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
iirc there's a very slight visual effect at your feet and a little audio queue but it's hard to notice in the middle of a fight

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
It feels like there should be something along the lines of Tracer's blink counter or Zarya's charge counter, especially if Blizzard is going to take away survivability.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
So w/ 2:2:2 live now, one comp I've been coming up against that's been a pain in the ass is a brawly team comp that revolves around double shields (Rein / Orisa). What 2:2:2 comps would be good for breaking double shields? When I run in to this comp, it feels like we have to mirror it to have a chance.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
So w/ 2:2:2 live now, one comp I've been coming up against that's been a pain in the ass is a brawly team comp that revolves around double shields (Rein / Orisa). What 2:2:2 comps would be good for breaking double shields? When I run in to this comp, it feels like we have to mirror it to have a chance.
Sym, Mei, Reaper for DPS.

Brig/Lucio/Moira for the healers.

Zarya, Main tank for the tanks

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
First time playing Sigma, and oh wow, using that shield is going to take some time before I get comfortable with it.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
FYI Sigma has the option to make the reload input recall his shield, in addition to just pressing the shield input again
(at least this option is there on console)

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They need to remove the lootbox rewards, good lord the tanking quality is worse than ever

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Done 3 of my support placements, which is the role I actually play. So far 3 wins with 3 first holds. Now that I write this watch me jinx it, but so far its going well. Though I know I'm going to throw when I do the other two roles since I kinda suck at them.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
If anything I would figure people would do that for tank role, which I figured is the least liked.

edit: It must vary by what rank you are, because my support queue is the shortest of the 3.

I hoping people warm up to tanks and healers a bit with Role Queue. Because they CAN be fun to play, but a lot of the frustration came from team structure issues in the first place. Your not gonna be doing anything in a team of quad DPS and single tank. Same thing with being solo tank.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
As a McCree main, Brig wrecked me...but it feels as if they did her dirty

also, i realy dont like role queue because I pick heroes based on the map

sometimes i want to play ball, sometimes I want to play doomfist. Wish theyd let us opt to swap roles somehow

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I don't think I understand Sigma. I wish his shield instantly popped out on top of him with one-click, I also wish the knockdown was a little bit longer but I guess it interrupts stuff, and the damage absorb is only projectiles and not beams.

Everything has a start up animation and his movement is slow so his counter is people running at him. So then why does he hurt himself?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just did support placements. Went 4-1 and got 2573 SR, which is my new career high. Was almost 5-0, as the last game was so close, but alas, didn't happen.

Though if its like the PTR and these act like new placements, I expect to lose the next two games and plummet 100 SR down.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Brig is dead they say

Near Masters game:

t9IBOKM.jpg

8AY81f2.jpg

She's soooo good.

I just need a tiny bump to her shield (50 is ok) but still, I can make her work just fine. Just gotta know when to yolo and when to play bodyguard.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Went 2-5 for both my tank (tbf 3 of those matches was me playing Sigma) and support placements, placing literally one match's worth of SR in Diamond and one match's worth of SR in Platinum respectively.

I'm expecting low to middle Gold for my DPS placements!

Also, I'm guessing the new predictor for insta-loss matches are when you have two off-tanks in non-control maps! Really obvious now seeing two DPS mains try out "tanking" with Roadhog and Zarya lol

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I think it's safe to say that with 2-2-2, reaper is stupid broken with his 40% lifesteal

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
McCree and Hanzo eat Tracer for Breakfast nowadays.

You don't need Brig for Tracer.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
well no looks like i'm also gonna be in plat for dps too seeing as how i was matched with other plats in my first placement match

didn't get a ton of final blows, but i did okay as mccree and soldier!

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Got plat support and DPS, and silver tank, Lol.

Not my fault that I don't get any heals and the DPS is useless.

Really wish there was an option to switch if the team approves it, there are cases where more DPS is needed or whatever and you have no choice but to stay losing.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, I don't understand why you make a melee healer, but take away her ability to remain in melee range. She feels really awkward right now. If you're not proccing Inspire, you're not being useful, and if you want to keep Inspire active, you may get shredded.

Maybe keep inspire going for 6-7 seconds as long as she bashes something, which would let her play around the 4 second cooldown.

Poor Brig.
You have to be really good at her shift in long range, easiest tip I can think of is hitting easy tank target and you can heal with her passive like that from a long range.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
With the additional of another shield tank, Moira definitely feels like she has more value in more situations. She's been dumping on Sigma early on.

Also, F Mei and her 250hp. She's way too tacky with her kit.

Last edited:

BPK

Oct 27, 2017
I thought role queue also applied to quickplay, but I just played a few rounds on ps4 and it wasn't activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.