• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The worst part about 222 on consoles is when you have an enemy pharah and none of your dps are hitscan

Even as poor zen i cant do it alone 🤷‍♀️

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Throw hooks make friends.

I do love when they swtich to D.Va or Winston and are also not good at managing their jump/flight cooldowns near the pits though.
Oh speaking of not good at managing stuff

At lower SR, ult management is so terrible. Like no if it's 6v2 after we just captured a point we don't need 3 ults in a row ty

That and the failure to group up are much bigger flaws than any lack of aiming or even questionable positioning/team comps

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Climbing out of gold with my roommate playing a D.Va/Zen duo. Reapers and Reinhardts push so far in at this rank that we just delete them instantly at the start of every teamfight. Feels good. Only problem is getting a decent main tank on attack, as we usually end up with either a bad sigma or another off-tank more often than not.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Role queue may as well have just been Overwatch 2 at this point. It's a completely different game. I've not used the group finder more than once and had not bad matches the entire time during placements on all three roles. Also the sweet free lootcrates for playing roles I like is just *chef's kiss*

Oct 27, 2017
The worst part about 222 on consoles is when you have an enemy pharah and none of your dps are hitscan

Zen has never really been a Pharah counter. He can put an orb on her, but that's more for your team's benefit as you're unlikely to hit many shots on her yourself (and Zen's dps potential is probably better used elsewhere). Ana and Baptiste are much better at keeping a Pharah honest (being hitscan as they are), and Moira is better if you want to ignore her (for as long as your fade is up, she can't really kill you).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Be the hitscan(just go ana) problem with 222 queue is that dps has so much stuff in it people will most likely be bad "flexes" in that queue o-x

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I find Baptiste great against Pharah. Just put some pressure on her. You don't need to kill her (bonus if you did) but putting pressure will make your hitscan happy.

Don't be afraid to throw a solo field to your hitscan too. Playing support means you have to be selfish. Boost whoever you deem fit and all according to the conditions at hand. Same with boosting one teammate as Mercy/who to Rez and who to Nano as Ana.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i haven't queued dps yet but so far my tank matches are very good and my support matches are very bad. people either don't understand keeping in sight lines of your baptiste/ana and then complain when they don't get heals, or i heal 25k over the match and get a million ults but nobody on my team can kill anyone so we lose anyway.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Be the hitscan(just go ana) problem with 222 queue is that dps has so much stuff in it people will most likely be bad "flexes" in that queue o-x
Tried Ana too and got two good hits in usually before I got shredded because our Rein (and really the rest of the team) was completely oblivious to her.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
On the people advised me on that last page: thank you. Decided to buy PSN again.

I am getting slammed. Game changed a bit obviously. For someone (re)starting the game. What are some recommended (offense) heroes to play with?

D.va, McGree and Tracer used to be my jam... but there have been quite a lot of buffs and nerfs.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
On the people advised me on that last page: thank you. Decided to buy PSN again.

I am getting slammed. Game changed a bit obviously. For someone (re)starting the game. What are some recommended (offense) heroes to play with?

D.va, McGree and Tracer used to be my jam... but there have been quite a lot of buffs and nerfs.
All those heroes are still pretty viable, I'd recommend just browsing through the patch notes and going through each hero a few times in quickplay to get your game sense back up to speed.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find Baptiste quite hard to get a feel for. The arc of his grenades doesn't click with me and his lack of self heal really hurts, and find myself being a bit too conservative with immortality field.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I find Baptiste quite hard to get a feel for. The arc of his grenades doesn't click with me and his lack of self heal really hurts, and find myself being a bit too conservative with immortality field.
I hate his kit so much. 80% of my time playing Baptiste is me staring at the ground and spamming healing projectiles. I don't find him fun to play at all.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Eh a lot of people completely waste immortality fields on sustained skirmishes despite the long CD.

It is funny though despite his grenades having a wide AOE I notice sometimes I have to stand relatively still to get healed by them similar to having a friendly Ana.

I'm just glad we finally got a hitscan 3 shot burst hero.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I finished my Support placements and pretty much got what I was at before. I guess this makes sense even though I thought I played a decent Zen, since I played so much of him before they probably have the most data on me and can place me fairly accurately.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
not sure why groups is dead just because of role queue. you'll still end up running into bad players even if you have guaranteed 2/2/2

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate his kit so much. 80% of my time playing Baptiste is me staring at the ground and spamming healing projectiles. I don't find him fun to play at all.
Eh a lot of people completely waste immortality fields on sustained skirmishes despite the long CD.

It is funny though despite his grenades having a wide AOE I notice sometimes I have to stand relatively still to get healed by them similar to having a friendly Ana.

I'm just glad we finally got a hitscan 3 shot burst hero.
Yea my aim is terrible with both grenades and hitscan... I find myself getting the inputs mixed and spamming healing at the enemy and randomly bursting my low Zen.

How have people found Brig? I've really warmed to her now that I've gotten used to her changes and playing a bit more conservatively. The one thing I'm finding hard is to try and figure which heroes she complements. I totally avoid playing her in bunker comps.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yea my aim is terrible with both grenades and hitscan... I find myself getting the inputs mixed and spamming healing at the enemy and randomly bursting my low Zen.

How have people found Brig? I've really warmed to her now that I've gotten used to her changes and playing a bit more conservatively. The one thing I'm finding hard is to try and figure which heroes she complements. I totally avoid playing her in bunker comps.
I like Brig but I don't like how I'm incapable of doing damage at even medium range and I often use whip shot in 1v1s bc I'm dumb and end up losing bc of it.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Brig is now more situational than ever. Just like before I love picking her in tight maps but now I find myself switching off Brig after 2min or so. She can't sustain herself long enough.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Brig is now more situational than ever. Just like before I love picking her in tight maps but now I find myself switching off Brig after 2min or so. She can't sustain herself long enough.
Same. I have to switch to Ana or Moira like all the time. There are maps/comps when she works so well, but most of the time i need to switch to another healer... :/

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Saw some Baptiste slander and that can't stand, but I definitely agree his ult feels crappy and redundant.

He is actually the most used support on the OWL patch right now, I feel his kit really solidifies mercy as just as pharah pocket especially for OWL. Immortality field is a better res because the people never die to be ressed lol

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Baptiste has actually become my favorite healer after not caring for him much in the beginning. I love being able to save people from certain death using immortaility field.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Brig is weird/pepega right now but love her VIP 3 armor packs:

Brig problem is that the current damage output is too high for her current self sustain and healing output. She gets shredded in a meta where Double shield is a thing. Only pick her in some maps or if your DPS refuse to switch to counter Doom/Reaper and try to be wary of her weak shield.

Try to learn any other healer till Blizzard decides to touch her again.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Brig problem is that the current damage output is too high for her current self sustain and healing output.
She's great if your tank setup allows the main healer to also pay attention to you. But if you're out in front and isolated from the healing rotation you are screwed. It's not clear to me why they don't push her shield back up to 500 to help with this.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I do find myself using Baptiste's ult more often to boost my own healing rather than saving it for a teammate to boost their damage

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
She's great if your tank setup allows the main healer to also pay attention to you. But if you're out in front and isolated from the healing rotation you are screwed. It's not clear to me why they don't push her shield back up to 500 to help with this.

The Blizzard way is to always go extreme: either buff everything all the way up or all the way down.

Once they collect some data they will put her shield back to 300 or so but not 500 because they love that middle point (see Tracer's Pulse Bomb and Reaper's life steal buffs).

This is of course they don't want her deleted forever. Because remember, with role queue they want their beloved streamers back preferably with less Brig. /conspiracytheoryout

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Amp matrix needs to be a little bit bigger. They can buff the duration all they want but it's super easy to avoid as it is now

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
After playing Baptiste for a while one thing I've noticed is that if it feels like I'm just staring at the ground so my grenades can heal the group, I'm probably too close to the fight.

I generally have a better time on Baptiste if I play him back line. Once you move a little back, the arc on his grenades feel good, the immortally field flying forward instead of dropping at your feet by default makes sense, and even his super makes more sense so you can use it to amp your healing on the group. O

Overall I think his kit just works better if I'm not constantly trying to hang out in the middle of the fight. (although the healing AoE sometimes brings me back in so I can have the extra healing throughput)

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
After playing Baptiste for a while one thing I've noticed is that if it feels like I'm just staring at the ground so my grenades can heal the group, I'm probably too close to the fight.

I generally have a better time on Baptiste if I play him back line. Once you move a little back, the arc on his grenades feel good, the immortally field flying forward instead of dropping at your feet by default makes sense, and even his super makes more sense so you can use it to amp your healing on the group. O

Overall I think his kit just works better if I'm not constantly trying to hang out in the middle of the fight. (although the healing AoE sometimes brings me back in so I can have the extra healing throughput)
He has boost boots for a reason. High ground is his best friend.

And the IF has the same exact arc as the grenades, so you can gauge with them and know that it'll land where you need it.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Brig is weird/pepega right now but love her VIP 3 armor packs:

Brig problem is that the current damage output is too high for her current self sustain and healing output. She gets shredded in a meta where Double shield is a thing. Only pick her in some maps or if your DPS refuse to switch to counter Doom/Reaper and try to be wary of her weak shield.

Try to learn any other healer till Blizzard decides to touch her again.

Brig honestly works best with mercy/moira that have high awareness and can spot you as soon as you are in danger and able to save you, with other healers you are pretty much screwed maybe not with good ana ,but I find it hard to find good ana now days anyway.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Tank placements done, and played only Orisa and Reinhardt. Went 3-2 and got 2274. About what I expected.
xqc was right, people who play a lot of main tank must be into pain or other weird bdsm stuff. Its brutal.

All I have left is dps placements. Not expecting them to go well.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Not gonna lie there is a small petty part of me that gets salty when I have an amazing game as a support and I get no upvotes or endorsements at the end of the match.

Just healed 48% of my teams damage and revived the tank 5 times and i got squat.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Brig honestly works best with mercy/moira that have high awareness and can spot you as soon as you are in danger and able to save you, with other healers you are pretty much screwed maybe not with good ana ,but I find it hard to find good ana now days anyway.

Moira especially as she can take care of herself + massive heal for everyone.

But honestly my verdict for Brig is that they finally deleted her in the sense of why pick her at all?

Other healers provide more utility, more heals and can fend of flankers just fine (Moira, Lucio).

She's dead. I suggest anyone who loved to play Brig to learn another healer or just switch roles lol.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Moira especially as she can take care of herself + massive heal for everyone.

But honestly my verdict for Brig is that they finally deleted her in the sense of why pick her at all?

Other healers provide more utility, more heals and can fend of flankers just fine (Moira, Lucio).

She's dead. I suggest anyone who loved to play Brig to learn another healer or just switch roles lol.
I wouldn't too pessimistic. Even if everything you say is correct, it's a truism of OW at this point that almost every character has their time in the sun and out of it. From Hog being killed to Mei being a nonpick for a long time, to even Tracer being dead. It happens to us all and Brig will come back into the fold eventually.

But I still think we need to wait and see how this meta shakes down.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't too pessimistic. Even if everything you say is correct, it's a truism of OW at this point that almost every character has their time in the sun and out of it. From Hog being killed to Mei being a nonpick for a long time, to even Tracer being dead. It happens to us all and Brig will come back into the fold eventually.

Please be symmeta

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah true. Not that worried since Blizzard is a bit faster than before and there are more supports to pick from now anyway.

Current meta look disgusting if we go to Orisa/Sigma double shield meta. I feel completely exhausted every time we go against it.

Jhn

Oct 28, 2017
I've played about 5 games as Damage in 500 hours, yet somehow I ranked higher in Damage than Tank and Support.
This seems pretty common.
My guess it's just because tank/support flexers in the dps queue are generally more aware of what the rest of the team will and won't do to support them than someone who has onetricked damage for three years.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I haven't done my support/tank queues which are my main roles but do placements seems boosted right now? Like I placed 3.18 as dps and last time i just messed around doing only DPS I got plat compared to my normal diamond levels and a lot of my games were not great this season.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie there is a small petty part of me that gets salty when I have an amazing game as a support and I get no upvotes or endorsements at the end of the match.

Just healed 48% of my teams damage and revived the tank 5 times and i got squat.

Same. No one wants to play the role, so if I keep all your asses alive so you pew pew as DPS, then at least a tip of the hat at the end of match would be nice. I always endorse the supports when I play tank.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Same. No one wants to play the role, so if I keep all your asses alive so you pew pew as DPS, then at least a tip of the hat at the end of match would be nice. I always endorse the supports when I play tank.
I do the same. I always endorse the Tanks and Supports before I ever endorse a DPS. I know who is responsible for winning matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.