• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
gains and losses are huge until the game decides where you should be

and a lot of people are treating the role queue beta like an off season (aka quick play) so I wouldn't worry about these things too much

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
If Sym's beam didn't charge on shields, I don't think her dps would be an issue. Everything else could charge it, but rein/orisa/sigma shields would not.

Or make her turret damage charge her beam power. Like a reverse Zarya with her bubble charging. This could also encourage her to be more aggressive with her turrets instead of sitting back and guarding chokes.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If Sym's beam didn't charge on shields, I don't think her dps would be an issue. Everything else could charge it, but rein/orisa/sigma shields would not.

Or make her turret damage charge her beam power. Like a reverse Zarya with her bubble charging. This could also encourage her to be more aggressive with her turrets instead of sitting back and guarding chokes.
or keep her as she is, she isn't even getting much OWL time anyway x_x

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Have to laugh after they had a comp beta to precisely stop something like this from happening.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
lol at comp having issues. The game literally had a beta for what, 2 weeks and Blizzard still manages to mess up.

Oct 27, 2017
You don't want an MMR reset. If your problem with ranked is you sometimes get placed in games that you have little chance of winning, then an MMR reset is going to make things much much worse, as you're actually going to have teams of bronze players up against top 500 players (you better believe that the best players are going to queue in groups to quickly get back to GM), and that's going to be no fun for anybody for those few weeks where everyone gets back to roughly where they were before the reset.

The whole issue of elo hell is overblown anyway. Even if you make a brand new smurf account and play well, you're going to place in roughly plat, so you still have to be able to reliably win games at that sort of rank; there's no getting around it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I missed a short time of basically MMR reset? Now I am sad. Comp still disabled? Was about to start the game

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
It's really not. How do you think an MMR reset would positively influence the game?
How ? I tell you how. There are gm and masters and diamonds(same goes with all ranks) that have never touched dps/tank or support(depending each on their mains) that have been placed in the same rank as their main. You think this is totally fine ? Idk it seems like a cheap move to not get their fan base mad when they are actually being placed to their actual rank.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
God forbid people use a character that has crazy OP damage output, yes.
She gotta be hugging you to make damage and still got 200 hp unlike the rest of huggers in the game, i really think people are overreacting and she's only strong because of the shields i'm sorry. In any other meta shed be dead before reaching the first shield

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
How ? I tell you how. There are gm and masters and diamonds(same goes with all ranks) that have never touched dps/tank or support(depending each on their mains) that have been placed in the same rank as their main. You think this is totally fine ? Idk it seems like a cheap move to not get their fan base mad when they are actually being placed to their actual rank.
They've been tracking performance for months and months before implementing the role queue, so if you're being placed where you already were, you're simply that level. For me for instance, I placed at three different ranks across the three roles and that made perfect sense.

What makes you think these GM/Masters/Diamonds shouldn't be at the rank they're placed at, even if they played many matches and never drop?
She gotta be hugging you to make damage and still got 200 hp unlike the rest of huggers in the game, i really think people are overreacting and she's only strong because of the shields i'm sorry. In any other meta shed be dead before reaching the first shield
I'm not saying she's overpowered or strong, she's basically strong because of the meta, but that doesn't mean she should be able to look at Tracer and make her vanish. 185 (I think it is?) DPS is simply too strong for the game, period. Her 'finally being viable' should not mean she isn't allowed to be nerfed.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not saying she's overpowered or strong, she's basically strong because of the meta, but that doesn't mean she should be able to look at Tracer and make her vanish. 185 (I think it is?) DPS is simply too strong for the game, period. Her 'finally being viable' should not mean she isn't allowed to be nerfe
Tracer can do up to 240damage per second, should we nerf her too, following that logic?

They left her beam broken for almost a year and now that it's finally fixed they want it to feel like the broken thing again, these nerfs are too harsh. I don't want her to become a troll pick again, 3 years being abused over a character pick means something should be done about it

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Tracer can do up to 240damage per second, should we nerf her too, following that logic?

They left her beam broken for almost a year and now that it's inally fixed they want it to feel like the broken thing again, these nerfs are too harsh.
They fixed it with the notion that they'd closely follow damage output of both her and Zarya and adjust where needed. These nerfs are deserved. (apparently she's even 195 currently)

And yes: according to that logic, she should. I'm hoping you understand that a continuous wide as shit beam with unlimited ammo that is Symmetra and a hitscan hero that is Tracer are not remotely the same. I guess I should've provided more context.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong, case in point, myself.

I reached masters a few years back mainly as healer, with a dash of tanking and barely any damage.
Never went back to competitive after season 4 or 5.

Now I've finished my beta placements for all three roles and I played like absolute shit as DPS, I was everything I would complain about with trash damage dealers...
And I landed at around 3300 or so, just a bit behind my healer role and somehow ahead of my tank (around 3100).

My damage should be like low plat and instead it's two wins away from masters because my healer work seemingly

Edit: not saying a full reset is a solution myself, but the way they've handled SR seems like a mess

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
They've been tracking performance for months and months before implementing the role queue, so if you're being placed where you already were, you're simply that level. For me for instance, I placed at three different ranks across the three roles and that made perfect sense.

What makes you think these GM/Masters/Diamonds shouldn't be at the rank they're placed at, even if they played many matches and never drop?

I'm not saying she's overpowered or strong, she's basically strong because of the meta, but that doesn't mean she should be able to look at Tracer and make her vanish. 185 (I think it is?) DPS is simply too strong for the game, period. Her 'finally being viable' should not mean she isn't allowed to be nerfed.
You're not wrong, case in point, myself.

I reached masters a few years back mainly as healer, with a dash of tanking and barely any damage.
Never went back to competitive after season 4 or 5.

Now I've finished my beta placements for all three roles and I played like absolute shit as DPS, I was everything I would complain about with trash damage dealers...
And I landed at around 3300 or so, just a bit behind my healer role and somehow ahead of my tank (around 3100).

My damage should be like low plat and instead it's two wins away from masters because my healer work seemingly

Edit: not saying a full reset is a solution myself, but the way they've handled SR seems like a mess
Here.

I would understand for some people that flex a lot and almost have the same performance for all roles ,but moat people have one main role and their other roles are placed the same as their main.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
They fixed it with the notion that they'd closely follow damage output of both her and Zarya and adjust where needed. These nerfs are deserved. (apparently she's even 195 currently)

And yes: according to that logic, she should. I'm hoping you understand that a continuous wide as shit beam with unlimited ammo that is Symmetra and a hitscan hero that is Tracer are not remotely the same. I guess I should've provided more context.
Her beam ammo isn't unlimited. It's 70 and without barriers she needs to recharge everytime her gun reaches a new tier, she takes 2,66 seconds to reach tier 3 which is higher than most heroes' TTK. If you said her damage needs adjust based on this meta I'd be inclined to agree, but the beam itself doesn't need to be shot down that hard, specially considering these numbers are close to what she was supposed to have when she got reworked :/ i don't think completely deleting zarya from the game was fair either, they need a middle groud between the bad symm beam damage and the great new one xO

Honestly, getting rid of double barrier should the priority as you can't even use symm outside of that meta, then you rebalance symm to be good outside of that whether it requires damage nerf or not

Point is, it's not symm that's busted, she's just finally useable because she synergises well in a meta where she can actually get to the target alive, once sigma or orisa go down people will start seeing her as trash again, it's the cycle of symm

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played since season 10, but for the last few weeks I have slowly been getting back into it. Ended up getting plat for tank and healer, which is fine. I've been plat every season I played besides season 1 (diamond). I think I'm going to make a serious attempt this season. A lot of times I got 2900s, but I never played enough or just got frustrated and quit. I'll probably just que for all the roles and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.