• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Sym is such a badly designed character, I love her

Honestly though, even in a double shield meta I still think Mei, Reaper, and now DF are more viable damage dealers. Probably because Sym has the damage of a Reaper or a Fist, but the survivability of a mccree.

At the owl level she is just to easily exploited and usually the first die, as seen in the matches earlier in the week.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the problem with Symm is their her original primary function (shield buffs) was OP from the start and she was nerfed to obsolescence before the game was even released lmao

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Since they extended role queue beta, does that mean we get more competitive points when it ends? Seems like it should since it seems like they're adding another week or so. What if I rank up in one of the roles

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I'm having a ball with the game lately. Only thing that seems odd is that there is of course a new meta and people are of course hating any new meta. I find new metas fun and a way to figure out fun counterplay. But then I am rarely a negative person.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure how I placed in gold as damage. I really only have 35 out of 1442 hours as damage characters. I have 170 on Symmetra but at least 169 of that was before they changed her from the shield/teleporter ult.

Somehow managed to go 3-2 with Sym and not do too terribly in 2 out of the 5.

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I'm not even sure how I placed in gold as damage. I really only have 35 out of 1442 hours as damage characters. I have 170 on Symmetra but at least 169 of that was before they changed her from the shield/teleporter ult.

Somehow managed to go 3-2 with Sym and not do too terribly in 2 out of the 5.
Well for people who haven't played a certain role in a while, they game usually starts you around gold for placements.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I see they've changed the message about S18's start. Hope the extra time will be used to sort out how MMR is processed across roles.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
unknown.png

Role lock for quick play is now live, Quick Play Classic is in the arcade.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
I can know play Quick Play classic in arcade ; _ ;
No need to play random or mayhem or whatever and crawl 5-9 games for a single win !
7 games already 2 boxes done.
I don't particularly need more boxes full of dupes though

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who I have encountered still voice chatting on PS4 just sounds broken and miserable. Even when our team is clearly winning they're still complaining that our team comp isn't right or our damage sucks.

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
First match of role lock in quick play as a support and I get 2 tanks that only fight in hallways and refuse to walk forward. Ever.

Waiting for everyone to skill up on roles other than DPS is gonna be interesting.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not sure if it's the meta or me but playing support feels particularly bad right now.

i can heal 30k per game and get unbelievable utility from my skills but it just doesn't seem to matter. deranked from 3500 to 2600 since role queue launched.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
not sure if it's the meta or me but playing support feels particularly bad right now.

i can heal 30k per game and get unbelievable utility from my skills but it just doesn't seem to matter. deranked from 3500 to 2600 since role queue launched.

I agree. Playing healer has been the toughest since role queue launched. I took a huge hit to my sr before I realized I need to do more offensively. Like literally ignoring healing to chase kills. It's helped me a bit to recover my sr. I just don't think you can trust your teammates to get kills until this role queue thing is sorted out.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
people are definitely gonna move up/down in MMR in time, it should even things out

I've pretty much just been playing DPS in QP tonight and I'm having a blast, also confirming my suspicions of which characters I can/can't play lol

Edit:
I can play DF I knew it!!

Last edited:

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
Depends on the factor, tank role is pretty quick near instant in diamond, dps takes a bit longer. Plat dps for me take 3-6 mins, outliers will increase the time.
Right now all of them say about 9 minutes while I'm doing placements. One of the things I loved about Overwatch was getting into matches quickly. Going to be kinda annoying if it's going to start taking 5+ minutes every time.

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
One thing I absolutely don't like is if I queue dps/healer I'll never get dps even though it says dps <2 mins and healer < 4 mins.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
This actually brings up an interesting question that I've been wondering about.

Overwatch has changed so, so much since it's release, it's only obstensively the same game. I've always wondered how we'd perceive it if instead of the release game we got back then, we got it how it is now.

It's tough to imagine what it'd be like if OW as it is now was our first exposure to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing new users here and how they'll react to it.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
This actually brings up an interesting question that I've been wondering about.

Overwatch has changed so, so much since it's release, it's only obstensively the same game. I've always wondered how we'd perceive it if instead of the release game we got back then, we got it how it is now.

It's tough to imagine what it'd be like if OW as it is now was our first exposure to it.

I'm looking forward to seeing new users here and how they'll react to it.

In another 10 years they'll release Overwatch Classic, with Sym 1.0 and none of the years of balance changes.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Sigma being able to instantly recall and redeploy his shield without any type of cool down feels broken at times, but at the same time, adding even a small cool down feels like it would break him. If anything, I could see Blizz actually lowering his shield HP which would force him to recall and keep hit recalled more often. This would possibly push him to more of an off tank role though.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Sigma being able to instantly recall and redeploy his shield without any type of cool down feels broken at times, but at the same time, adding even a small cool down feels like it would break him. If anything, I could see Blizz actually lowering his shield HP which would force him to recall and keep hit recalled more often. This would possibly push him to more of an off tank role though.
The basic issue is the same issue D.Va had when her DM was turned into a resource bar, but before the DM got a cooldown.

If you have an ability that you can instantly pop that will negate damage at all times, then that's just a frustrating character to play against because you never have a window in which you can sneak in damage.

It's literally the same exact problem except now it's a shield.

The solution seems obvious to me and it's the same one D.Va got: Give him a 2 second cooldown on shield redeployment.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
The basic issue is the same issue D.Va had when her DM was turned into a resource bar, but before the DM got a cooldown.

If you have an ability that you can instantly pop that will negate damage at all times, then that's just a frustrating character to play against because you never have a window in which you can sneak in damage.

It's literally the same exact problem except now it's a shield.

The solution seems obvious to me and it's the same one D.Va got: Give him a 2 second cooldown on shield redeployment.

He doesn't have D.Va's armor or mobility, and kinetic grasp has a really long cool down. A 2 second window w/o his shield and his slow ass would be wrecked, not to mention penalizing the team anytime he needs to reposition the shield. At least D.Va can get the hell out of town when DM is on cool down. That's why I think a CD on shield redeploy would kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.