• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You say that and yet you said symm nerf is ok... that beam fix made her finally get playtime after two years of people getting instant reported for touching her
sym nerf is OK because she still gets ammo and charge from shields and double shield is still meta so her damage will still be good just not as ridiculous and half the reason she's played right now is TP utility anyway.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I <3 you Mariip but double-pocketed Syms just tilt the fuck outta' me lol
Cause that's what she was supposed to be from day one
SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO COUNTER YOU DAMMIT

Let she counter something, please.

sym nerf is OK because she still gets ammo and charge from shields and double shield is still meta so her damage will still be good just not as ridiculous and half the reason she's played right now is TP utility anyway.
that's just punishing a character because other characters are overpowered though:/

Once double shield is over she'll be useless because of that nerf

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cause that's what she was supposed to be from day one
SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO COUNTER YOU DAMMIT

Let she counter something, please.

that's just punishing a character because other characters are overpowered though:/

Once double shield is over she'll be useless because of that nerf
i think once double shield is over she'll drop a lot no matter what because most likely dive/high mobility comps will be strong again and she's trash vs that

in either case i agree that sigma/orisa should have been nerfed first, or ideally doomfist. just delete doomfist from the game entirely, fuck that garbage hero.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
i think once double shield is over she'll drop a lot no matter what because most likely dive/high mobility comps will be strong again and she's trash vs that

in either case i agree that sigma/orisa should have been nerfed first, or ideally doomfist. just delete doomfist from the game entirely, fuck that garbage hero.
He beam gives her a fighting chance against dive heroes now :/ that's why i don't like nerfing it xp

I have no idea of how balancing double shield out of the game though, sigma is so good that even if orisa goes down i can see him being played with rein or winston xO

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He beam gives her a fighting chance against dive heroes now :/ that's why i don't like nerfing it xp

I have no idea of how balancing double shield out of the game though, sigma is so good that even if orisa goes down i can see him being played with rein or winston xO
sigma mainly needs a damage nerf and maybe add a cooldown to his shield deploy.

even with pre-nerf beam damage i don't think sym is good vs dive because she wouldn't have a chance to get charge. right now she can stand behind two barriers and reach full dps vs the other barriers safely, if her position gets jumped by hammond/dva/tracer/genji she just dies instantly.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
sigma mainly needs a damage nerf and maybe add a cooldown to his shield deploy.

even with pre-nerf beam damage i don't think sym is good vs dive because she wouldn't have a chance to get charge. right now she can stand behind two barriers and reach full dps vs the other barriers safely, if her position gets jumped by hammond/dva/tracer/genji she just dies instantly.
Yeah.. if they'd nerf her damage i wished they'd at least buff her hp a bit :/ thas a request from the symm players ever since 1.0 x-x

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, the only defense Symm has as a close range character is her teammates and her ult
more shields would at least give her something to help stay alive

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, the only defense Symm has as a close range character is her teammates and her ult
more shields would at least give her something to help stay alive
I miss photom barrier so much, it wasn't perfect but it helped in a lot of situations and it was such a good skill the tank that got it became op in no time, after some QoL changes >_>

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
You can't really blame us Sym mains for being salty. We get reported , harrased and abused for picking her for the past three years and then she finally became useful.

Just the other day some stupid ass McCree main on my team was like 'report the Sym' when we lost even tho I was doing my job. Even some of my teammates were confused and called that shitty person out.

Forgive me for being tired of being Symplained to and telling us that we are op after being told to switch heroes when it's not working. Mayyyybeeee follow the same advice AnD L e A r N her counterz before complaining about her.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I miss photom barrier so much, it wasn't perfect but it helped in a lot of situations and it was such a good skill the tank that got it became op in no time, after some QoL changes >_>
I was tying to be sneaky in qp but the enemy Sigma found me and won 1v1 because they had a shield to snake through and then they teabagged me 😔

Symm walked so you could run, give her some respect

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I guess I'm a tank main now. I used to play nothing but support for the most part, but I que up for everything. All I get is tank and maybe a support once in the blue moon.

I just love spamming shields. 🤢 🤢

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Since Role Queue came out I've played more Overwatch in the past two weeks (PTR then Live) than the past two years.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Just wanna share a fan comic/webtoon that I made:

o5VN3ln.jpg

Hope ya'll Overwatch fans like it :) Remember to read chapter 1 first ok?

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
I guess this has already been discussed, but I got back into overwatch two weeks ago after a one year break, and the time it takes to find a match if you want to play Damage is unbearable.
It's consistently taking over 10 minutes for me. :(

I used to like playing as all types, but now I just can justify spending 10 minutes waiting for games to play my favorite characters.

Has there been talks to fix this somehow?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I guess this has already been discussed, but I got back into overwatch two weeks ago after a one year break, and the time it takes to find a match if you want to play Damage is unbearable.

I used to like playing as all types, but now I just can justify spending 10 minutes waiting for games to play my favorite characters.

Quickplay classic

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Don't know about QP but for Comp
Why are queue times for Damage role players so high?
We're monitoring the data very closely, and I can share some information here. Across all skill ranks, we do see higher queue times for players who specifically queue for Damage Only. Most damage players usually see 3-6 minute queues, unless they're in the masters or grandmaster skill tiers. Players with very high SRs will always see higher queue times because there's fewer players of similar skill to match against them, but we've seen reports and have data showing some players are waiting 20-30 minutes. We're investigating this and are already working on some matchmaker adjustments for future updates to help address the issue. If you can find a friend who plays Tank or Support, queuing together as a Damage/Tank or Damage/Support duo drastically reduces the queue times you'll face.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I hate my current sleep schedule due to work. I normally start playing comp around 10:30 - 11pm, but now I'm ready for bed. I still haven't done my placements yet. Started playing tonight and started with FFA, and I couldn't aim for shit, just too tired.

I did finally play QP with the role lock system, and it works out pretty nicely. Though if I queue for all 3, 75% of the time I get tank, 25% support, and so far never dps. However I get games in like 15 seconds.

Dreaver

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like there's a role queue for QP. Sort of ruins the fun. I have to wait much longer to find a game as dps. (5 min plus vs instant).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I hate my current sleep schedule due to work. I normally start playing comp around 10:30 - 11pm, but now I'm ready for bed. I still haven't done my placements yet. Started playing tonight and started with FFA, and I couldn't aim for shit, just too tired.

I did finally play QP with the role lock system, and it works out pretty nicely. Though if I queue for all 3, 75% of the time I get tank, 25% support, and so far never dps. However I get games in like 15 seconds.
I left comp because i only played support and a hint of tank here and there :/ this role queue kinda ruins it for me

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After some additional time with it, I hate role lock in quick play. There are so many times where I just get thrown into the same role over, and over, and over, and over... and then the damage people suck ASS and don't change to counter team picks and ARGH. It's just not fun anymore, and I don't wanna play Comp all the time. :(

I know I could go into arcade and play QP Classic, but... Ugh. Hate this.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
After some additional time with it, I hate role lock in quick play. There are so many times where I just get thrown into the same role over, and over, and over, and over... and then the damage people suck ASS and don't change to counter team picks and ARGH. It's just not fun anymore, and I don't wanna play Comp all the time. :(

I know I could go into arcade and play QP Classic, but... Ugh. Hate this.

What do you mean you get thrown into the same role? You get to choose your role.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He probably checks the boxes for each role.
Exactly. I wind up clicking each role and I wind up getting tank over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Plus it just sucks having to KNOW that we need to swap, but being unable to swap in a way that genuinely helps the team. It blows.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

The Ashe fruitlessly trying to save her self like she just jumped in smash bros lmaoo

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
13,000+ healing as Moira, Gold medal

Our Mei who did jack shit: Our Moira was only playing DPS, didn't heal anyone.

When the card came up and showed I had 13,000 and healed 30% of all the team's damage, I told him to fuck off.

Silver rank sucks.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
how to climb as support: pick moira, use damage orb on cooldown, win

people do not know how to spot a bad tank below diamond/masters unless they're unbelievably bad

It's basic shit like hey the other team's Genji Is destroying us why are we still in Sig/hammond's, why is our Winston jumping into the full enemy team when we aren't even near. I get the feeling that people don't want to play tank not because they're not fun but to hard to learn even the basics of the role.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, I've also got mixed feelings on role queue
I finished my comp placements last night and basically
damage: mostly good matches
tank: started strong and got worse
support: absolutely abysmal, worst string of matches I've had in a while where absolutely nothing I did mattered

I am curious as to how much of this is matchmaking/placements related; in my worst tank match last night, one of my DPS teammates was a 2200 gold while our enemy had a diamond DPS (I placed at 2600 tank)
but the vast majority of people I was playing with in those matches hadn't placed yet
I'm curious if matchmaking is tighter for those who've placed but I also don't think I want to play more comp at the moment

OTOH my QP matches, in addition to having quicker matchmaking, have been much more fun and much less stressful with all three roles

I think most of this is going to work itself out over time but I guess we'll see

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
My highest Elim game ever on either PC or console, also confirms the fact that I can only win high elim games as Reaper, 68 on 76, 67 on Hog, 58 on Reaper and 51 on Lucio all loses except for Reaper, Also Raper broken in Plat
CJ826Cp.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, according to Schreier, "Overwatch 2" is merely the internal code name for what his Blizzard sources believe is a PvP paid expansion to the base game, not an actual separate retail title.

Status
Not open for further replies.