• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
We could already do it at 10 yards with headshots. This is a negligible difference, and requires flawless aim and it'll be another full second before she can attempt it again. In that span a Hanzo has fired 3 potential headshots so don't come cryin' to me.
Lol you are acting as its always 1v1 and no team work.... well yah if you keep diving alone as a tracer always then of course you gonna get headshotted.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Lol you are acting as its always 1v1 and no team work.... well yah if you keep diving alone as a tracer always then of course you gonna get headshotted.
I... dk what're you're talking about. I'm sayin' this is the smallest buff imaginable, it's not a big deal by any metric and Tracer's sustained DPS potential remains about 50% that of any sniper or most other midrange DPS. I wasn't even talking about 1v1ing.

I wasn't complaining - merely suggesting that the Reddit post was getting pretty excited over next-to-nothing.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I... dk what're you're talking about. I'm sayin' this is the smallest buff imaginable, it's not a big deal by any metric and Tracer's sustained DPS potential remains about 50% that of any sniper or most other midrange DPS. I wasn't even talking about 1v1ing.

I wasn't complaining - merely suggesting that the Reddit post was getting pretty excited over next-to-nothing.
I know what you mean and as I said its not small buff at all. You will eventually see.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
stupid mouse snagged and made me miss throw my field. also have to remember it needs LOS. i keep putting it butt against a wall

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any good training games I should be looking for in the workshop? Just switched over the kb/m and need to get my aiming up.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Finally finished my DPS placements, and I got 1810, lol. Depending on how I do in my support placements, there's going to be a huge gap between my support and dps ranks. My tank SR is sitting in the middle at around 2350.

I also still can't decide what gold gun I want.

Role queue's got me playin' more Zen lately.

I was actually a little worried playing Zen into double shields, but so far its been working out. I've been picking him when Moira gets taken.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I forced myself to play the game tonight and finally got that Bastion skin. Now I don't have to play until Halloween, and mercifully that's a PvE mode.

Worst Mystery Heroes match of the night was a toss-up between losing to triple Sigma plus double healers and Torb turret, and losing to double Orisa plus Bastion with double healer and Doomfist. Getting six wins took almost three hours and during several matches I just checked out completely; I would have quit, but I just wanted to get this over with before the weekend.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
has the game been dropping frames for anyone? like i thought maybe it was just the match but then it dropped frames while i was opening loot boxes. it never did that before.

ShadowSwordmaster

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I forced myself to play the game tonight and finally got that Bastion skin. Now I don't have to play until Halloween, and mercifully that's a PvE mode.

Worst Mystery Heroes match of the night was a toss-up between losing to triple Sigma plus double healers and Torb turret, and losing to double Orisa plus Bastion with double healer and Doomfist. Getting six wins took almost three hours and during several matches I just checked out completely; I would have quit, but I just wanted to get this over with before the weekend.
Sounds like a war.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
They've gotta split the DPS queue somehow eventually, right? Putting ~60% of the heroes in one queue could only lead to this kind of issue--everyone has their favs.

Like I mostly play tanks and even I'm getting bored of that. Queue times are shorter than ever (as Tank), but, y'know, sometimes I just wanna be bad with Reaper. Thing is, I can't bear to wait, like, a full match's length to do that once or twice, when I could get an extra game in otherwise.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Do groups not show publically any more? Feels like forever since I've last seen one.

No they group by role, 2 on the left are tank, middle 2 dps and right 2 are support, hard to show groups like that.

They've gotta split the DPS queue somehow eventually, right? Putting ~60% of the heroes in one queue could only lead to this kind of issue--everyone has their favs.

The amount of heroes per role doesn't mean much, if OW had 10 heroes on tank and support while only having 5 dps, dps will still have the largest player base. DPS is easy to understand for people and tanks and support are tougher to learn. Or you can believe tanks and supports aren't fun or whatever.

Last edited:

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Some mean ass people tonight. Some games I just don't synergize with teams and others I do. But it's alllllllll my fault. I guess. Just learning DPS again and having fun with it. And no, I want to Comp. Not QP.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
What a strange oversight not to have a media player in the game with all the animated features. Even the comics should be here.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If valve released TF3 tomorrow I legitimately think the playerbase of this game would be cut by 80%. Why are they adding tanks that are doing more damage than any DPS in OWL? The game is such a shitshow.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
15 minutes and counting for dps queue. 2-2-2 is a fucking blight on this game

I still had not done any dps placements because of those queue times until yesterday. Yesterday I just went into queue while doing other shit and kept an eye on the game in case I found a game. Placements took longer than they had any right to take..

Adding a damn role lock to a game that has been out for several years that will cause insane queue times for the most popular role is such a boneheaded move

Have been finding myself playing less and less because I don't only wanna play tank/support every single game so when I am thinking about playing Overwatch and know its either just support/tank again or sit in queue forever, more often than not I now just end up playing a different game

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
had an amazing set of games yesterday, went like 25-4 and climbed tank from 2700 t0 3050~, i usually queue all 3 slots so i went about 28 games of tank, 1 game of support. at one point i had a 9 game win streak.

can't imagine how much im goign to get brutalized next session, since it tends to even out.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I still had not done any dps placements because of those queue times until yesterday. Yesterday I just went into queue while doing other shit and kept an eye on the game in case I found a game. Placements took longer than they had any right to take..

Adding a damn role lock to a game that has been out for several years that will cause insane queue times for the most popular role is such a boneheaded move

Have been finding myself playing less and less because I don't only wanna play tank/support every single game so when I am thinking about playing Overwatch and know its either just support/tank again or sit in queue forever, more often than not I now just end up playing a different game

For me its been the opposite. I'll gladly wait for the queue because I actually get to play dps. Whenever I try to play before role lock, 2 or 3 other people also pick dps, and I either switch to tank or support or we lose. I've played more games as dps since role lock came out than in every other season combined. I only wish role lock had come sooner.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Maybe I'm just lttp but I'm finally running out of interesting things to get from loot boxes. I received my 3 free boxes today from my account status (lvl 4 since forever), and I got 12 dupes!! Crazy. I still have some blue skins and other 250 coin items, plus a ton of 1000 coin skins, but they never drop :/

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
climbed another 150 points yesterday, after climbing 300 yesterday. at a new career high of 3200~, main tanking usually though i queue for all 3 roles.

i was usually playing orisa in sigma/orisa comp but sometimes my other tank would pick orisa so i would just pick sigma even though I didn't know how to play him.

last few sessions ive just been instalocking sigma.

First like 20 games, i had maybe a 40% winrate with him in competitive (learning in competitive lul), really had no idea how to manage my shield, my shift etc.

I've been figuring him out and steamrolling with him now, winrate has climbed to like 60%. just pushing through chokes spamming my shield then shift, i just steamroll through them using my cooldowns.

i've literally won 1v3s as sigma.

i can overextend solo and not get punished just by kiting back and using my abilities. i can shoot around any shield using angles and being able to reposition myself quickly with my shield. someone hiding behind a wall? np. you have a cooldown to protect yourself or an ult? no problem i'll throw a rock at you. its pretty ridic.

i always wondered how high i could get brig if i abused her when she first came out, because i had a really high winrate with her but i only played her as a last ditch effort. i guess i'm doing that with sigma.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Feels bad going from top 500 support and top 400 tank on console to gold/plat on PC. I now understand a lot more of the frustrations posted here regarding countering characters. Were people always this stubborn to make changes on PC or is it emboldened by 2-2-2? Because every game I play could be so much easier if people just stopped being stubborn about swapping off of double snipers/non meta tanks/non meta support. I literally have to play like a god just to keep some of these games close and even then I still lose a good chunk of them.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
yea when i see a zen/monkey/tracer/soldier/etc on my team at game start i wanna tell them to switch off, but i know thats prolly going to annoy them so i dont say anything, i just let them waste 2 min or whatever before they switch off on their own

one game had an enemy team run hog/zarya into our orisa/sigma the entire game... it was a massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.