• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't we have Halloween teases by now? Or am I thinking a week ahead of schedule.

Give me a good Brig alt!

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Lvl 18 currently on PC.

I don't know what to feel. Never in my life have I felt this frustrated. I failed in many exams and done stupid shit in my life but playing on PC after years of Console only makes me want to stop this madness.

The reason is that I know what to do. I can tell what's going to happen even before it does but my brain farts. My muscle memory fucks me up. Even simple heroes like Moira became much harder due to new button layout mostly.

On the bright side though, I got much better at controlling my hero with a mouse since I started although I gave up on using the Keyboard and instead use an Xbox One controller in my left hand as I planned to do from the start.

My problem currently are two things:

1- Aiming in general. I am missing lots of shots and I hate it. I need to get better and the only way to do that is, well, more practice. I struggle so much against Pharah (anything up/down fucks my brain).

2- Again, sometimes I struggle with the mouse when I need to adjust my movement up/down. I just find it very hard in tight situations and find myself suddenly breathing hard. Feelsoldman.

Both of these can be remedied by playing constantly till I get better but sometimes I feel like there is no point since I'm all alone on PC and don't have fun at all. :(

I guess we will see.

P.S. I can't believe PTR patch isn't live yet. Role Queue + Double Shields drove many people away and Blizzard stance on no cross play yet (between consoles at least) is stupid.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Both of these can be remedied by playing constantly till I get better but sometimes I feel like there is no point since I'm all alone on PC and don't have fun at all. :(

It takes time, but once you get used to it, it's SUPER hard to go back to console OW. In fact, console OW specifically, since other FPS games seem to have better implementation of their aiming mechanics. Something's just off about how OW does it.

P.S. I can't believe PTR patch isn't live yet. Role Queue + Double Shields drove many people away and Blizzard stance on no cross play yet (between consoles at least) is stupid.
It's coming this tuesday, at the Halloween event drop, I'm 95% sure.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
It takes time, but once you get used to it, it's SUPER hard to go back to console OW. In fact, console OW specifically, since other FPS games seem to have better implementation of their aiming mechanics. Something's just off about how OW does it.

It's coming this tuesday, at the Halloween event drop, I'm 95% sure.

I still have my Xbox hooked to the monitor because all my friends are still there. Playing alone is really unfun for me especially with how quick OW community get toxic.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I still have my Xbox hooked to the monitor because all my friends are still there. Playing alone is really unfun for me especially with how quick OW community get toxic.
I also feel that the PC community is more toxic than the console one was. But if your on PC now, feel free to add me. Veelk#11623

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I also feel that the PC community is more toxic than the console one was. But if your on PC now, feel free to add me. Veelk#11623

Lemme get home and see my full name. Still using Ghostpants (default) lol.

EU I take it? As I can't play in NA servers (middle east to NA is like 200+ ping).

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't we have Halloween teases by now? Or am I thinking a week ahead of schedule.

Give me a good Brig alt!
Event will 99% start on 15th. That's Switch release date.
Hm yeah, maybe the 15: https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...ween-event-2019-Release-date-October-surprise

"Fans have been discussing the changes online, "I wouldn't be surprised if it came out on the 15th to Aline with the switch release. After all, they did say they had stuff planned for that day besides the release," one Overwatch fan shared.

Another adds: "There's a Eurogamer interview with two of the game's producers that heavily implies the Halloween event will start on the 15th - the same day the Switch port launches."

Other fans have also pointed out that Blizzard would need to extend the event by a few days for it to be active on October 31.

So there's plenty of speculation to suggest that Blizzard is doing things differently for the Halloween event this year."

But that would suck imo. Only two weeks before Halloween, meh...
Dates from the previous years:
  • 2016 - October 11
  • 2017 - October 10
  • 2018 - October 9

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
got a nice mouse after using a generic logitech for like 6 years. it's a fancy gaming one with holes in it and shit, it's called the g-wolves skoll.

even though i'm using the same exact dpi/settings, it's like half the weight so it feels completely off. other things like the scroll wheel is slightly higher so have to get used to that too.

the lightweight of it is feeling pretty good i suppose. didn't realize a new mouse would be this much work heh. i play at 3200 dpi x 2 in game. been playing around 3 hours with it so far, mainly casual modes while i'm figuring it out.

hope it's worth it!

Last edited:

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Decided to do my DPS placements.

20+ minute total queue times to find two matches. First we roll Havana and the team leaves, don't even have to defend, barely 3-4 minutes of gameplay.

Second game, we cap A on Volskaya first try, someone leaves, games cancelled.

Fun times.

Edit: Another 10 minute queue time, aaand someone quits on Gibraltar.

Last edited:

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to do my DPS placements.

20+ minute total queue times to find two matches. First we roll Havana and the team leaves, don't even have to defend, barely 3-4 minutes of gameplay.

Second game, we cap A on Volskaya first try, someone leaves, games cancelled.

Fun times.

Edit: Another 10 minute queue time, aaand someone quits on Gibraltar.
Competitive has felt like gambling to me for a while now.... It's about praying the other team has more clueless kids tossed in than your own. Every game I wonder why these people chose the competitive mode over any other mode.

Overwatch really needs an in game tutorial that is relevant to how actual matches play out and explains base ideas for each role.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
really? so i shouldn't do my arcades yet? bleh

I'm still sure it's coming this week, because it's always started at the second second Tuesday of October. Blizzard did say that they might change up the times, but if they have, then this is a wierd shift, especially since they'll be pushing Halloween into November, so....idk, they might, but I doubt it.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Like i said, it won't start before 15th because of the Switch release. They probably want parity for the event on all consoles and PC.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That would be incredibly silly since there already isn't parity between consoles (PC gets all tons of stuff that isnt on console).

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh playing during the day is rough. I feel like I'm doing a decent enough job in terms of average healing, elims, number of ults etc closer to what I was when I was near silver but I'm at an embarrassingly low level of bronze. Maybe I need to start reviewing my gameplay in earnest. I feel OK in the moment, but obviously I am dropping lol.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I wish people on Reddit would stop telling people to leave voice and text chat and "focus on your gameplay."

There's a pretty solid correlation in my experience between not being in chat and being patently awful for your current rank, possibly due to people who want to screw around not joining chat to begin with. I can honestly only think of a single player in recent history who the team couldn't communicate with who was good, and it was a smurf widow who destroyed a double shield team.

Be a good teammate; get in chat. Mute people if need be, but you're not doing your team any favors by being a fully functioning body part cut off from the rest of the nervous system.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
I wish people on Reddit would stop telling people to leave voice and text chat and "focus on your gameplay."

There's a pretty solid correlation in my experience between not being in chat and being patently awful for your current rank, possibly due to people who want to screw around not joining chat to begin with. I can honestly only think of a single player in recent history who the team couldn't communicate with who was good, and it was a smurf widow who destroyed a double shield team.

Be a good teammate; get in chat. Mute people if need be, but you're not doing your team any favors by being a fully functioning body part cut off from the rest of the nervous system.
Reddit was the mistake.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017

Most people don't even give team chat a chance and write it off before the game has even started.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Voice Chat isn't even working for me anymore. I can join but don't hear anyone talking. It worked before but doesn't anymore. I tried everything to fix it. Nothing helped. Reinstalling Windows would probably fix it but I am not doing that because of one game.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Last night, (Monday after 11 PM EST) I played 4 total matches in competitive solo queuing as DPS. The wait times for each game were as follows:

1. 7 minutes
  2. 10 minutes
  3. 9 minutes
  4. 12 minutes

And those are on the lower end of queue times in my experience. DPS queue is such bullshit, absolute waste of time and then you're forced to play boring ass heroes because the meta is dogshit on ladder.

Edit: Also, FUCK voice chat, after dipping my toes back in on actual fun, non toxic communities like Destiny 2 I'm not bothering joining voice on this game at all.

Last edited:

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

And those are on the lower end of queue times in my experience. DPS queue is such bullshit, absolute waste of time and then you're forced to play boring ass heroes because the meta is dogshit on ladder.
And thats not even considering if someone leaves a game early and then you have to queue back up for another 10 minutes.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno. Maybe it's an issue on console. He swings around an objective and no one can kill him, and so I have to do it, but I'm either a tank or healer so it takes 8 years and then he just leaves. There's no other character that gets to be that disruptive and has that much survivability basically for free.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
And thats not even considering if someone leaves a game early and then you have to queue back up for another 10 minutes.

Yeah, I'm done, just did my placements, 3050, but didn't have fun, even playing my main role (tank), I'm just either bored or mad all the time.

I tried to give it another shot but I uninstalled it for now, I'm too over it to keep grinding this. Game is barely an FPS now which is why I used to love playing it. I even tried PUGs and joining a high diamond-low masters team on Jaynes discord, it's a fun experience, but fuuuck this meta.

Oh well, back to Destiny 2. I'll be back when Winston is playable again.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno. Maybe it's an issue on console. He swings around an objective and no one can kill him, and so I have to do it, but I'm either a tank or healer so it takes 8 years and then he just leaves. There's no other character that gets to be that disruptive and has that much survivability basically for free.
He can only really run amok if there isn't a Sombra or Mei running around. Either of them basically negate him from the game, since without his mobility he is nothing. Edit: Oh and of course Doomfist, who counters everyone.

I mainly play Hammond and those two three are the only ones that force me to switch out.

It's really an issue of DPS I think. A good tank or healer can only do so much vs. an enemy's runaway tank.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Voice Chat isn't even working for me anymore. I can join but don't hear anyone talking. It worked before but doesn't anymore. I tried everything to fix it. Nothing helped. Reinstalling Windows would probably fix it but I am not doing that because of one game.
Did you happen to muck with child accounts or anything recently? When I added my kids as children accounts it turned on a variety of features like disabling voice chat, but also did it on my parent account and it was very hard to figure out what went wrong. BNet support should be helpful or you in looking into anything like this.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Did you happen to muck with child accounts or anything recently? When I added my kids as children accounts it turned on a variety of features like disabling voice chat, but also did it on my parent account and it was very hard to figure out what went wrong. BNet support should be helpful or you in looking into anything like this.
No I didn't. I had a problem with this already way, way back in the past when I was still playing WoW. It prevented me from doing something, don't remember what. However, I changed it back then and never had problems with it since then. But I will check again once I am home just to make sure. Thanks.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
So, after the horrible decision Blizzard made banning blitzchung, I can't justify playing any of their games (or Activision's, for that matter).
It's a shame. I thought 2-2-2 was a big step in the right direction, and I was looking forward to the Halloween event, but...I'm done.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So, after the horrible decision Blizzard made banning blitzchung, I can't justify playing any of their games (or Activision's, for that matter).
It's a shame. I thought 2-2-2 was a big step in the right direction, and I was looking forward to the Halloween event, but...I'm done.
I might switch over to playing xiv I've subbed for it for awhile.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017

Yea I'm right there with you.. OW has been really the only game I've played for years. This is a good time to uninstall and move into something else

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Uninstalled everything last night. I've been drastically disappointed in Blizzard's inability to balance anything, their constant hyperactive focused wild swing changes in all their games, but they're probably the company I have the most built up love for their worlds. Hundreds of hours of Starcraft 1 & Diablo & HOTS, Thousands in Warcraft. Think this was just the last nail that was holding on what I'm willing to put up with.

Just reminds me that I'm really bummed Gigantic is gone.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

In the same boat. Terrible show of support for a corrupt regime.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be sticking with OW (because I feel this is from the higher ups, not the OW team), but I don't blame you guys for leaving. And what a time for this to hit too. Right before the new patch, Halloween, and Blizzcon.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan

Yeah I've been on break from Overwatch, and was going to return with the holiday event.... But I ended up uninstalling the game when this happened.

I'll play MH: Iceborne for a long while, and then work on my backlog before returning to Blizzard games. I thought OW was getting better with 2/2/2 as well, so it's a shame that they're pulling this crap. Hopefully others follow suit and stand up for what they believe in.

Status
Not open for further replies.