• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I'll be sticking with OW (because I feel this is from the higher ups, not the OW team), but I don't blame you guys for leaving. And what a time for this to hit too. Right before the new patch, Halloween, and Blizzcon.

Yup. Jeff Kaplan didn't give us a vid from the Overwatch team endorsing concentration camps in northern China. The Chinese Fucking Government got in Actiblizz's face regarding the protest, the folks in suits far removed from Blizzard offices made the call and their employees carried out their instructions.

That doesn't make a 26 and 0 Zarya game any less fun, or suggest that all or even many of Blizzard's employees agree with what happened. That just means people wanna' keep their jobs and Blizz wants to make money. Which I'd already gathered from the whole loot box thing.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been on break from Overwatch, and was going to return with the holiday event.... But I ended up uninstalling the game when this happened.

I'll play MH: Iceborne for a long while, and then work on my backlog before returning to Blizzard games. I thought OW was getting better with 2/2/2 as well, so it's a shame that they're pulling this crap. Hopefully others follow suit and stand up for what they believe in.
Oh i forgot about MH. i played a bit but i might start a new save. maybe by the time i finish vanila iceborne will be out for pc lol.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't believe the rumor that it would be pushed till the 15th for platform parity, but now that it's Thursday, I guess it really will be the 15th. It would suck if the event didn't go a bit longer to make up for it starting later than usual.
We still have 2 hours to go to the usual update time, but yeah, we'll see.

I'd be more surprised that if it's not pushed out right now tho. I mean, even if they had originally planned on a next Tuesday update, Blizzard could def use a distraction right now.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
c2P8Ijt.gif

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe at this point I shouldn't be surprised, but I still think this is so dumb. Now we have nothing to talk about except Blizzards cowardice with the China controversy. If I was a blizzard pr rep, I'd be telling them to rush the Halloween event to get the public talking about anything else as fast as possible. But no, apparently, so hey, how shitty is Activision Blizzard, eh?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
what are you even talking about, no one gives a crap about overwatch events except overwatch players, and its a recycled event with only a few new skins, so many don't even care

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
what are you even talking about, no one gives a crap about overwatch events except overwatch players
Which is a good chunk of their player base.

But, look, it's not like I'm saying that it's a good distraction. Your right, most people won't forget the controversy just because we got skins. But if I'm a pr person and this shit storm is happening, I would throw out everything I could, small impact or not.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Which is a good chunk of their player base.

But, look, it's not like I'm saying that it's a good distraction. Your right, most people won't forget the controversy just because we got skins. But if I'm a pr person and this shit storm is happening, I would throw out everything I could, small impact or not.
If you were a PR person you'd get a 'nope, tuesday, nothing we can do about it' right back in your face.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas Fuel's Jayne directed to delete tweet condemning Blitzchung ban

Dallas Fuel assistant coach Justin "Jayne" Conroy was directed to delete a tweet that was critical of Blizzard's decision to ban and strip prize earnings from Hearthstone player Chung "Blitzchung" Ng Wai, according to the Dallas Morning News.

In the since-deleted tweet, Jayne said while he recognized Blizzard's right to enforce its rules, he condemns "the censorship and severity of consequences brought against an individual who was campaigning for a human right social movement."

Okay, now this shit is starting to encroach upon OW territory. This is getting seriously uncomfortable.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus.

This is so frustrating. I am genuinely looking forward to OW2 so much at blizzcon. Single player type missions and whatever else their adding will give the game the boost it needs.

But...you know, basic human rights trumps videogames, so now blizzcon is going to be an absolute shit show thats not going to let me enjoy the hype of these addition and I can't even really complain because Blizzard deserves this.

All this because some higher up is so enslaved to China that they will enforce their actual censorship policies for them. And the damn thing is, we don't even know who it is. Some asshole high up on the food chain is the one that made this decision or a group of them, but it's Jeff and the rest of the public representatives of Blizzard that actually have to deal with the responses.

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I feel you, Veelk.

Last time I started the client after work and added you but then this whole thing started and I was like...for fuck sake. The game was dead content/balance wise and now I'm conflicted.

I have a team skirmish set on Sat (Xbox) to get the old group back and this whole thing left a bad taste in my guts. For a game that saved me during Uni, I hate to see it get destroyed like this.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Eh its not just one individual high up making this call. Theyre beholden to profit and so much of it comes from their playerbase in China that its pretty evident a lot of people who make decisions realized that this was the route they were going to take. Its shitty capitalism putting profit above everything else. Blizzard honestly hasn't been nor continues to be the company they once were. It would have been nice to see a big company like them take a stand for what is right.

At this point I'm more excited to see blizcon due to the protests than I am for anything theyre going to show off.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Roommate asked me to play a game with her, getting servers errors in the last two games. Servers getting DDOSed?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading about the massive hype and anticipation behind Fortnite's latest big live stunt (just like their last several big events) just serves as yet another reminder of how badly Blizzard squandered all the potential Overwatch had for these types of events and how they completely failed to adapt to the ways Fortnite changed the active-update live-service/battlepass genre.

But hey, maybe we'll get an animated short at Blizzcon for the first time in a year.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, the Halloween event will probably start on the 15, which means I should play Arcade for my weekly lootboxes right?
Still, no news about it, no leaks, and only two weeks of event until Halloween... it's usually my favorite event but I barely give a shit this year.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Reading about the massive hype and anticipation behind Fortnite's latest big live stunt (just like their last several big events) just serves as yet another reminder of how badly Blizzard squandered all the potential Overwatch had for these types of events and how they completely failed to adapt to the ways Fortnite changed the active-update live-service/battlepass genre.

But hey, maybe we'll get an animated short at Blizzcon for the first time in a year.
I think this year we should expect quite a bit more given the impending announcement of OW2 or the expansion (whatever its called). Imagine we'll get the works, cinematics, shorts, gmeplay, new heroes, new modes, etc.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
So, uh, I guess Overwatch is releasing tomorrow on Switch.

I feel like I haven't seen anything about it since the announcement, other than a handful of preview videos at the beginning of this month. Do we even know when reviews are going up?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

I feel like I haven't seen anything about it since the announcement, other than a handful of preview videos at the beginning of this month. Do we even know when reviews are going up?
Probably some time after launch as there is zero population to play the game with currently, if review codes have even been given out yet.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

One of the most unfortunately timed releases in quite some time. Not sure how sites are going to cover it considering that Hearthstone stuff.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I pretty much only play arcade (pc), and though queue times aren't great, I haven't experienced 7-10 mins. Hell, sometimes it's like 20 seconds.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I wish queue times were only 7-10 minutes. I usually am always over the 10 minute threshold, especially if I duo queue with someone else wanting to play DPS. Which sucks because we climb a lot when we duo dps but it also means like 1/3rd of our playtime is spent on a loading screen.

Can you watch replays while queuing? That might help actually.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Mystery hero queue is generally really fast. Probably avg. like <60 secs for me. The odd queue will be a few minutes.

That's all I play these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.