• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really wonder if they're going to do story missions that includes all 30+ heroes. Seems like a lot of work on top of doing the usual new hero, map, etc.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
🥰

EIT9uIbWsAEXOAJ

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, when you buy OW2 you're basically just paying for PVE right? Because everything else is in OW1 too?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i get bored of PvE in OW1 after like 30 min (and don't see OW2 changing this) but i have 500+ hours in competitive and still want more, so day 1 i guess?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
i get bored of PvE in OW1 after like 30 min (and don't see OW2 changing this) but i have 500+ hours in competitive and still want more, so day 1 i guess?
Current PvE in OW1 is like.....really basic. We barely have more than 3 enemy types in any given game mode (not counting bosses) while the player mechanics are those that are balanced for PvP gameplay which makes some heroes borderline useless while others hilariously OP.

Actually well designed PvE is gonna be much different. I can't promise you won't get bored with it, but it's atleast gonna be way better than what we have now.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
I have trouble telling the difference between ow1 default looks and ow2 updates because everyone in ow1 is a witch or a gargoyle or a viking or something. But I'm glad that I don't have to buy a pve mode that I don't care about to continue getting new content.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This whole OW2 thing is so damn stupid. Since OW will pretty much continue normally, with OW2 Blizz decided to create an artifical drought of content for their live service game as it seems like all those planned heroes are held back for OW2 and OW will get nothing aside from some skins until OW2.

We are looking at what might be almost a year if not more of no meaningful new content for a gaas game.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how Overwatch is going to survive until Overwatch 2 releases, and I don't know how Overwatch 2 is going to invigorate the community when the PvP is exactly the same. No matter how good the PvE stuff is (and my first impression is that it looks like the same one-note robot-smashing it's always been), how are they going to keep people replaying those levels a week after launch?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how Overwatch is going to survive until Overwatch 2 releases, and I don't know how Overwatch 2 is going to invigorate the community when the PvP is exactly the same. No matter how good the PvE stuff is (and my first impression is that it looks like the same one-note robot-smashing it's always been), how are they going to keep people replaying those levels a week after launch?
I play plenty of the kinda shitty PvE we have already. The only one I avoid really is the Halloween event and that's only that it's so basic that it's simply maddening. But you throw in just a few variations in terms of enemy and character abilities, add rewards you can get for them, yeah, sure, I'll be playing that.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Game Informer there are at least four new heroes they got to see in silhouette that will be described in the cover story issue. I'm assuming two are Sojourn and Echo, one is probably the Junker Queen.

Oct 27, 2017
Its not the same, New core mode, multiple heroes, multiple maps, new visuals and UI, more engine changes

These don't seem to amount to much though. Watching people stream it, even if it launched on PTR tomorrow, I can't see it moving the needle much, let alone with it releasing at some indeterminate point in the future.

I play plenty of the kinda shitty PvE we have already. The only one I avoid really is the Halloween event and that's only that it's so basic that it's simply maddening. But you throw in just a few variations in terms of enemy and character abilities, add rewards you can get for them, yeah, sure, I'll be playing that.

It just seems incredibly basic from what they've shown so far. It feels like what I expected from PvE events from the original game, not something worthy of a numbered sequel.

I hate that I'm so down on this, as I still love the base PvP game. I guess I was expecting if it was this sort of incremental thing that it would be releasing very soon (I thought this was why the updates had slowed down in the past year or so), and if it was further out it would be something big. Maybe they've got more that wasn't ready to show, I dunno.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that even though we won't be able to play any of this stuff until probably early 2021, we'll be getting a steady feed of content reveals, animated shorts, comics, reveals of new characters and maps, etc. just like the pre-release hype cycle of any other game. So we'll have lots to keep us interested even if it's not in playable form.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Its not about fixing it, Jeff said that they would be taking different maps out of rotation every comp season, too many maps at a certain point.
Oh......well, shit.

People have always complained about 2CP, but Paris is literally the only map where I've seen people request a draw and actually have the other team honor it. People don't want to play Paris THAT much. If it's that bad, they ought to rework it.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they allow for some customizability with the HUD. These changes are nice, but I want do extreme things like swap the place of the health bar and the progress on objective. The objective is something I only glance at when I have time because I need to focus on the fight, so it being off in the corner makes more sense. The health bar is far more important moment to moment information, so I'd rather have it right above my reticle where I don't have to fully take my eyes off the action to figure out how much I have to live.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Wait, is it true the OW2 update will have soft role lock implemented? Watching some streams but Annie isn't sure yet.

That'd be kinda sick. Hopefully they split main and off tank too.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
What scenarios would y'all like to see?

-Junkertown Queen added and a Junkrat, Queen, Hog and Wrecking Ball mission.
-Dvas mekka crew provide support in Busan.

Guessing all story missions are 1 healer, 1 tank, and 2 dps. Which works fine with the roster so far.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Watching the video of Seagull's stream, and man if you get stomped in the new mode the map is over FAST. That's something that will be good for competitive in the regular game, but if it makes the transfer to OWL it'll be interesting to see the balance of the mode's entertainment value.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Junker Queen is 99% confirmed for Overwatch 2 because Jeff basically confirmed earlier this year that she was in development as a hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.