• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
What scenarios would y'all like to see?

-Junkertown Queen added and a Junkrat, Queen, Hog and Wrecking Ball mission.
-Dvas mekka crew provide support in Busan.

Guessing all story missions are 1 healer, 1 tank, and 2 dps. Which works fine with the roster so far.

I think it'd be interesting to have a mission where you play as Talon.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone asked the devs why they decided to make this a full fledged overwatch 2? curious about their answer

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So are we not getting a single new hero before OW2 is out? What about event cosmetics?

Imo. they should have revealed at least one new hero for OW and release it before this year ends. Waiting probably more than one year for new hero will be very painful and unfair to current OW players.

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure OW2 will launch with Sojourn, Echo, Mauga, Junker Queen and the omnic from Storm Rising. One of these might be added to OW1 though before OW2's release. Would like some curve balls too like Sanjay, Vincent, someone from the meka squad.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
"One new hero will be added to Overwatch 1 at some point before the release of Overwatch 2.

I think it's Echo. Sojourn will be in Overwatch 2"

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Kill Lucio and a sudden masked character with similar moveset replace him and called himself Sogeking.
The masked person become Lucio new skin.

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
I know I said I was done, but...
I'm weak. All this Blizzard news.
I'm not proud of it, but... I don't know if I can resist.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Killing any playable character is realistically a no-go. Have we forgotten that they scrapped the Tombstone victory pose for subsequent Halloween events?

(Although honestly, Sombra can get axed. So annoying.)

Anyway, I'm happy with the increased focus on lore, and in particular how the Rio mission looks. Good to see Lucio be, you know, relevant, and get tidbits of insight into some political opinions of his. While I would've liked a more specific threat like Vishkar, I'm curious to see why Null Sector is now losing its shit the world over, and how Talon as a threat is going to play into this. I'm also curious to see how far in the future this all is from Recall. It takes a long time to grow a beard like Reinhardt's.

The level design is ace too, going from the favela to the beach and then a left field turn into this huge airship. I also like Lucio's pad too (he has a meme of a sad frog on the wall titled Millennial Anxiety; I chuckled.) Smart of him not to keep it too deep in the neighborhood though. That's how you start Juug Season.

The thing I'm most down on is his design itself. I...don't know why he cut his hair for the sake of those weird extensions (Blizzard probably wanted to make Crossfade easier to read for teammates as the extensions change color); and his clothing is unnecessarily busier. I also don't like the insertion of Kingdom Hearts shorts into the design of his skates. It's a monkey's paw; the price of actual lore was the worst design update to the cast we've seen thus far. C'est la vie.

And I say all of this to say that as much as I'm happy, I'm still not at all committed to buying it after Blizzard's non-apology yesterday. They need an actual call to action.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Killing any playable character is realistically a no-go. Have we forgotten that they scrapped the Tombstone victory pose for subsequent Halloween events?

(Although honestly, Sombra can get axed. So annoying.)

Anyway, I'm happy with the increased focus on lore, and in particular how the Rio mission looks. Good to see Lucio be, you know, relevant, and get tidbits of insight into some political opinions of his. While I would've liked a more specific threat like Vishkar, I'm curious to see why Null Sector is now losing its shit the world over, and how Talon as a threat is going to play into this. I'm also curious to see how far in the future this all is from Recall. It takes a long time to grow a beard like Reinhardt's.

The level design is ace too, going from the favela to the beach and then a left field turn into this huge airship. I also like Lucio's pad too (he has a meme of a sad frog on the wall titled Millennial Anxiety; I chuckled.) Smart of him not to keep it too deep in the neighborhood though. That's how you start Juug Season.

The thing I'm most down on is his design itself. I...don't know why he cut his hair for the sake of those weird extensions (Blizzard probably wanted to make Crossfade easier to read for teammates as the extensions change color); and his clothing is unnecessarily busier. I also don't like the insertion of Kingdom Hearts shorts into the design of his skates. It's a monkey's paw; the price of actual lore was the worst design update to the cast we've seen thus far. C'est la vie.

And I say all of this to say that as much as I'm happy, I'm still not at all committed to buying it after Blizzard's non-apology yesterday. They need an actual call to action.
Why are you using that horrendous neon dread lucio? :(

Dispatch

Oct 25, 2017
[QUOTE="Nepenthe, post: 26051328, member: 1995"

The thing I'm most down on is his design itself. I...don't know why he cut his hair for the sake of those weird extensions.
[/QUOTE]
Based on the opening cinematic, doesn't Overwatch 2 happen BEFORE Overwatch 1, or am I mistaken? If so, his hair grew into its current style.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Sauce? Her visual design says support but her appearance in the trailer does not

The thing I'm most down on is his design itself. I...don't know why he cut his hair for the sake of those weird extensions.
Based on the opening cinematic, doesn't Overwatch 2 happen BEFORE Overwatch 1, or am I mistaken? If so, his hair grew into its current style.
OW2 definitely takes place after 1

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you using that horrendous neon dread lucio? :(
Because he's still my child; don't judge me.

Overwatch 1 takes place before/during Recall. All of the lore we've seen has been backstory and lead-ups to Recall. Mei was technically still in the Arctic. Lucio was touring after the revolution. Winston was alone at Gibralter. Talon is making moves for...whatever.

The fact that Mei is now officially on the team is the smoking gun that this is now after Recall, since she made contact with Winston after her own short.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the half n half thing they have going on in his hair. Part of it is his natural hair braided to his scalp, the other part are those translucent tubes of whatever (hard light???) Like, what even is going on? There's the two dinky natural dreads sticking up from the band too that give it a weird silhouette because the tubes fall down like a more realistic ponytail. It just looks like a mess to me, and is particularly annoying when there's a dearth of black characters with natural hair already. I would've just left his hair alone beyond better texture work (which they've admittedly done), or if they wanted to use his hair as a better sign post for Crossfade, run some tech through his natural hair, similar to the bands on the Capoeira hairstyle.

And again, I don't like how busy he is overall now. The shirt is overly decorative, and his skates are split in the middle with shorts for some weird reason, completely breaking the flow and not being as practical as a full set of leg armor. It's not Edgy Spyro offensive, but moreso a strong testament to how well designed Lucio- and everyone else- originally were.

Don't fix what isn't broke.

Last edited:

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Maybe the weirdness around Echo is that she is the OW hero

Speaking with VG247 at BlizzCon 2019, game director Jeff Kaplan said the team has plans for at least one hero to hit the live service outside of Overwatch 2.

"We have plans to for at least one new hero to hit the service outside of Overwatch 2," Kaplan told VG247. "Sojourn is an Overwatch 2 character that we've confirmed, so you know it's not her that's coming soon."

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Echo is 99% next. Hopefully Junkertown Queen is also one of the remaining two.

Also i can't wait to see Moira's OW2 redesign.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after they teased Echo last year and she showed up in another cinematic this year its really weird that they glanced over her so hard. Even on stage when Jeff talked about Sojourn briefly I expected him to talk about Echo but nope.

So I also think she is a OW hero and not part of the OW2 batch of heroes. This Blizzcon was all about OW2 for them and if she isn't actually a OW2 hero I guess it makes sense for her to be a no show

Hopefully Junkertown Queen is also one of the remaining two.
Can see that happen. Junker Queen and Echo before OW2 so when OW2 comes out its all fresh new content instead of 2 of the new OW2 additions being existing characters that have been teased before.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Look at me I am supporting
d407416078af5ac7a06b51c76f83cee157ec1ed7.gifv

by destroying every null sector robot.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Kaplan also said not to expect an abundance of new heroes at launch, like with Overwatch.

"In terms of character, there will be multiple," said Kaplan. "It's not going to be like Overwatch where there will be 21- that's excessive and would be extremely disruptive to the game. But we want it to be big and impactful, so there's going to be multiple heroes."

Anyone else confused by this?
I though that he said that OW2 is launching with original 31 heroes plus 4 more? He even mentioned 35 i think.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
that reminds me of when the Bastet event happened, how the version of ToA seen in the menu looked a bit different than the current version, with slightly different lighting and sandstorm effects

rabcat-game-art-ana-bastet-im02.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We know there are at least four. I'd say six is probably the maximum that could be added without starting to cause serious disruption to the game. I'm guessing Echo is the last OW1 hero, so OW2 will add Sojourn, Junker Queen, Doomfist's omnic friend (Null Sector leader?), and a couple others.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Sanjay, as both vishkar and talon, would advance Symmetra's personal lore
they could have also incorporated aspects of Symm's old kit into him, which would have been cool

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is it DLC or what? What I read just makes it sound like a PVE DLC and a visual update.

They say OW1+2 players play together, so if I don't care about PVE can I just stick with OW1 and still get all new characters and skins, or is stuff gonna start being OW2 exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.