• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey if it reduces the chances of 2cp I'm fine with it.

Seems like 2cp chances are high these days.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about the number of maps getting removed from comp tbh. I'm pleased Horizon & Paris will be gone for at least two months, but I think only 12 maps is going too far in the other direction.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy Lijiang is in the season's rotation. I eat that map up for lunch.

Also, guess who decided to flop her ass back into Platinum again? Placed 2605; highest I've ever been. It's so comfortable. Gold was fucking infuriating.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I only played two matches earlier (one Brig, one Bap) and the Bap changes feel great but you're still healing 80-95% of the time
so it's more like when you are shooting, you can be more effective

but that was only one match lol

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I only played two matches earlier (one Brig, one Bap) and the Bap changes feel great but you're still healing 80-95% of the time

Bap shooting was always meant for cleaning up imo. Hate when I see full DPS Bap.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing on switch here by chance? I've been away for work for the past 2 and a half weeks and prior to that was on a borderlands binge so I haven't laid eyes/or played PC overwatch in coming close to a month now. Switch Overwatch came right in time for my trip and I've genuinely been playing it daily for my fix and it's been a surprising experience to say the least.

Gameplay is great once you readjust and get used to it. It's not my first choice but it's definitely a choice. What's surprised me is some of the games I've had where I'm genuinely shocked at the plays I've come to be a part of. I didn't expect much from the level of play this early, and in the first week I got away with some ridiculous level bullshit with Reinhardt alone, but lately I've just been watching the quality of my games steadily rise each day.

I don't have much to say besides this and just sharing my observations. Curious if anyone else has been on it regularly and experienced similar.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Wtf, limiting maps is lame.
I agree, plus it's gonna suck even more next season when the dreaded Paris map gets put in rotation. Also 2 months is a long time to play the same maps, I wish it changed every month or few weeks instead.

If you hold down both mouse buttons (or triggers) you can heal & damage at the same time. Treat it like Moira's coalescence and line up your targets (you~ team~ enemy) for maximum effect. There's no fire-rate penalty so I use it like 99% of the time, plus the Baptiste damage/accuracy buffs can help with shield-break in this double-barrier meta.

Oct 27, 2017
If you hold down both mouse buttons (or triggers) you can heal & damage at the same time. Treat it like Moira's coalescence and line up your targets (you~ team~ enemy) for maximum effect. There's no fire-rate penalty so I use it like 99% of the time, plus the Baptiste damage/accuracy buffs can help with shield-break in this double-barrier meta.

This isn't true any more. Since his attack speed buff, you now get two attack bursts for every one heal grenade and it does now slow down your healing output if you hold down both buttons.

Although I confess I never understood how people were holding down attack and heal and getting value out of both. I consider my aim to be pretty good, but when switching targets like that on a constant quick cadence, I was missing a lot of shots. I still weave attack and healing, but I heal when I need to heal and attack when I need to attack, and don't concern myself with achieving 100% theoretical maximum output.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Let's say you're healing your tanks and that one DPS who's actually sticking with the tanks. Pop! Pop! Pop! Firin' off them heal grenades.

Now let's say you're holding down both buttons.

What's this? Now you're healing and elim credits are popping up? Is this sorcery? Are you hacking?

No. You're playing Bap, and that's how brawly teamfights work on Bap. Heal your peeps and hold down both triggers. Some of those bullets will find flesh, and some of that flesh will have already been tenderized by your tanks and DPS and you're just helpin'.

Be a helpful Bap. Both triggers.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Uhhhhhhh why are they artificially limiting map rotation in comp?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
'It allows us to curate the maps and listen to community feedback' - Jeff Kaplan
That doesn't make any fucking sense. If they did it to work on maps people don't like then that makes sense but they're just artificially removing random maps to keep things "varied"

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Let's say you're healing your tanks and that one DPS who's actually sticking with the tanks. Pop! Pop! Pop! Firin' off them heal grenades.

Now let's say you're holding down both buttons.

What's this? Now you're healing and elim credits are popping up? Is this sorcery? Are you hacking?

No. You're playing Bap, and that's how brawly teamfights work on Bap. Heal your peeps and hold down both triggers. Some of those bullets will find flesh, and some of that flesh will have already been tenderized by your tanks and DPS and you're just helpin'.

Be a helpful Bap. Both triggers.
Does this work on PC?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The map pool is crazy considering how long seasons are.

OW1 continues to be beta testing for OW2

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
It would probably be good to mentally prepare yourself for more promotions like the OW2 thing on the main menu.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
It would probably be good to mentally prepare yourself for more promotions like the OW2 thing on the main menu.

I don't care about the marketing aspect its the noise associated with it everytime you go to the main menu from anywhere. Little noises like that annoy me.

Jeff Kaplan confirming what I've been saying about OW updates
During an interview at BlizzCon, Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan said that it hasn't exactly been a cakewalk for the development team to split its focus between the live aspect of Overwatch 1 and the secrecy-shrouded incubation of its bouncing baby sequel.

"Overwatch 2 was 100 percent the reason" for the sluggish Overwatch 1 updates, Kaplan said. "And that was the reason that we were so excited to announce Overwatch 2. We now feel like we can have that open dialogue with the community of, 'This is what we're doing, this is why we're doing these things.'"

kotaku.com

Overwatch Stagnated Because Of Its Sequel, Says Director

Conspicuous is the word you might use to describe the lack of meat on Overwatch updates’ bones for the past couple of years. Seasonal events like summer’s Lucioball, fall’s Junkenstein’s Revenge, and winter’s Winter Wonderland have ground to such a screeching standstill that players don’t get...

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The OW team just needs to be bigger. Activision Blizzard wants that Fortnite levels of money and they could get it, but they need to be willing to spend some to make it happen. There could have easily been a specific team assigned to improving events while the main team did OW2 stuff.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The OW team just needs to be bigger. Activision Blizzard wants that Fortnite levels of money and they could get it, but they need to be willing to spend some to make it happen. There could have easily been a specific team assigned to improving events while the main team did OW2 stuff.
They've been increasing dev size this year company wide, so it's not like they're not doing anything. Events definitely have sucked, but it's also not where the priorities lie. I doubt they'd even want an event specific team when they could be working on OW2 tbh.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wish 1v1 mystery duel was just replaced with 1v1 Lucio duels

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhhhhh why are they artificially limiting map rotation in comp?
People have been clamoring for map veto since comp started. This at least takes away a ton of bitching that occurs the second you see horizon lunar colony appear as the map you're playing on. Is what it is, I will mourn Illios silently to myself.

All that said, I appreciate the overall smaller map pool.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
People have been clamoring for map veto since como started. This at least takes away a ton of bitching that occurs the second you see horizon lunar colony appear as the map you're playing on. Is what it is, I will mourn Illios silently to myself.

All that said, I appreciate the overall smaller map pool.
If they just cut out 2cp or let us filter then nobody would have to deal with Horizon ever again :)

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Urghhh...I'm just rotating between Volskaya, Busan and Lijiang Tower in the last 20 matches. And I'm pretty sure Volskaya was almost half of those.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC EU? Quite bored with barely any friends since switching over there.

GhostPants#261202

On Xbox EU: McDragon Live

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
Finally uninstalled the game . The balance is ass and the people who play are, for the most part, terrible humans.

Might try again in some years if OW2 brings ajything new to the table.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
trying to out-Widow a Widow being pocketed by Mercy for the two minutes and failing miserably, swap to Sombra, actually start contributing, enable D.Va to get a quadruple kill, and the enemy team falls just apart lol

sometimes overwatch is very good

carlos

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't. You are still getting those maps.

Sucks you gotta go. What characters do you typically play currently?

Now that I think about it, maybe I got fed up faster due to only playing healer and tank for the past 20 plus hours. I dont have the patience to wait 10 minutes for DPS since role lock was implemented.

I play all tanks, moira,mercy,bap and a variety of DPS (no snipers or genji).

Role lock really got to me in the end. Too many times either DPS wasnt doing its job or they werent the right picks to go against double shields. The inability to switch and help out and have to be stuck as tank or healer just got tiresome.

Going into voice chat is definitely not a good idea, sucks for when you actually want to communicate something.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
I hate when people on my team pick up D.va. and the other team is Orisa/Sigma. It's lost cause. And they switch in the last 30 seconds of the match. I love her, she was my main, but it's not good vs shields except if you are REALLY good with good supports and that almost never happen in gold...

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
So as I averaged 15+ minute dps queues (in Platinum), I realized the problem is the Tank/Support roles need better "incentives". For your first match you get a loot-box (which is great!), but after that your only incentive is a measley 25 credits.

To put that in perspective, to buy just one skin for 1000 credits, you would need to play 40 matches (1000 / 25 credits). Give more loot-box incentives and more people will play tank/support.
This isn't true any more. Since his attack speed buff, you now get two attack bursts for every one heal grenade and it does now slow down your healing output if you hold down both buttons.

Although I confess I never understood how people were holding down attack and heal and getting value out of both. I consider my aim to be pretty good, but when switching targets like that on a constant quick cadence, I was missing a lot of shots. I still weave attack and healing, but I heal when I need to heal and attack when I need to attack, and don't concern myself with achieving 100% theoretical maximum output.
I just loaded up training to check and holy shit you're right, Baptiste's fire-rate buff does lower my healing with 2 bursts per heal-nade. Dam this sucks since I hold down both triggers like 90% of the time. >_<

Lol don't "switch targets" when holding down attack & heal, use it like Moira's coalescence and line up your targets (you~ team~ enemy), so you alternately hit both. I made a quick video on PS4:

But that perfect strategy is now less effective with the recent fire-rare increase.😩

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Hello Doctor
k6yvlHl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.