• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Nerfing shields and buffing other stuff was a great move. The less the game is stationary and more ability reactive the better.

Also Norse DF and Rat Reaper are sweet.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Thing I've seen mentioned here and there is that while Double shield is still good (maybe meta), the pace is faster with more teamfights rather than the long drawnout shoot shield forever we had before. If that's the case, still have to play myself, I'm happy with the changes.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I played 3 matches in ranked yesterday and was shocked that people who still play this game don't follow it closely enough to know that this patch came out and changed how shields work. Granted I did slip from Gold to Silver so that could explain it, but I figured at this point anyone who's playing a game this old is a fan that follows these changes.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
told someone that hog can one clip orisa shield. but man, even rein's shield goes down quick. its going to take a bit of adjusting

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Wish the 'what new' tab would show the previous year skins as well. Hard to see what worth buying at 1000 gold when you forget who got what the previous year.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
Wish the 'what new' tab would show the previous year skins as well. Hard to see what worth buying at 1000 gold when you forget who got what the previous year.
I'm guessing because skins from 1 or 2 years ago are not new.

On the patch:
Orisa was my favorite tank but she is worthless now. You can still double shield with Reinhardt and Sigma but if there opposing Offense has half a brain and switched to shield busters then they are screwed.
The double shield meta did need a nerf but, as usual, Blizzard has no idea how to properly balance anything. Already seeing DVa and Winston dive dominating.

And with the Moira nerf streak continuing without a break (and an ugly skin this event) it is definitely time to shelve Overwatch for a while.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
from my games and watching the top 500 overwatch streamers which lesser playersl ike me copy

doubel shield is not going anywhere with this patch, orisa/sigma or orisa/reinhardt were the main picks.

people were discussing the patch in one of my comp games and a dps commented they prefer shields since they can just hide behind orisa and spam. interesting.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible luck with games today. I think I went 2-15 in QP, and atleast one of the 2 victories wasn't earned since the team was throwing.

Even though I'm pretty tilted right now, I think I still feel less tilted than in the last patch. The game just feels better, you know?

I just wish that people would learn to focus the fucking Zarya. Halfway decent Zarya players that get healed win entire 1v6 teamfights because no one will focus them. It's insanity inducing because the rest of the team could be 100% beatable, but they're like "oh, zaryas not a threat, lets chase the tracer" and then she melts everyone.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Do like new feature to play death match or custom games while waiting on a match to start. Trying out dumb modes like Mercy Fightclub or Dodge the Car is just a good way to get over a bad match.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I just wish that people would learn to focus the fucking Zarya. Halfway decent Zarya players that get healed win entire 1v6 teamfights because no one will focus them.

Holy shit I was raging on Havana comp last night. Rein wouldn't die.

He wouldn't die because Zarya kept bubbling him. Ana was also on him.

I typed very clearly and specifically: "Kill Zarya and/or Ana because then we can kill Rein."

Like, I can just SEE the problem.

These fuckos couldn't be bothered and I was pocketing like mad. I'm like "We're three years in and we're mid-to-high plat; how the hell do you not know target prioritization yet?????"

After our failure on offense I was the only one to kill Zarya on defense.

I want to personally thank those assholes for taking my SR from me.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
New PTR up to download

New environmental death icons
o3vhFyz.png

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Holy shit I was raging on Havana comp last night. Rein wouldn't die.

He wouldn't die because Zarya kept bubbling him. Ana was also on him.

I typed very clearly and specifically: "Kill Zarya and/or Ana because then we can kill Rein."

Like, I can just SEE the problem.

These fuckos couldn't be bothered and I was pocketing like mad. I'm like "We're three years in and we're mid-to-high plat; how the hell do you not know target prioritization yet?????"

After our failure on offense I was the only one to kill Zarya on defense.

I want to personally thank those assholes for taking my SR from me.
ylgmqnl0mz231.jpg

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
map fixes explain the size of the patch

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – Dec 11, 2019
A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.
INTRODUCING: PARTY FLEX FOR ROLE QUEUE
Unsure of which role you want to play? Now, party members who queue for any game mode with Role Queue enabled can select multiple roles, indicating what they're willing to play in the next game.
Your other party members' role choices and Competitive Play skill ratings may affect which roles you are eligible to choose, or which role you can play. For example, if you selected all three roles (Tank, Damage, Healing) to indicate your willingness to play any of them, and then two other party members choose Support, you will not get to play Support in the next game.
SPECTATE AND REPLAY UPDATES
  • Added a new hotkey, "Spectate toggle 3P camera side", which changes the shoulder you're looking over for the player you're spectating while using the simple third-person spectator camera option
  • Added a new hotkey, "Toggle normal / simple 3P spectator camera", which toggles between the two third-person camera modes while spectating
  • Updated the death camera to quickly shift from where you were looking to where your killer is, to make it easier to see if you were killed by someone behind you or to your side
  • Updated the simple third-person spectator camera position for several heroes to have them cover less of the screen
  • Fixed an issue that caused zooming in and out while in the simple third-person camera to appear choppy
  • Transitioning into or out of first person no longer causes the camera to clip inside the hero's head
  • Fixed several camera smoothness and popping issues
BUG FIXES
General
  • Fixed a bug that caused toggle crouch to work inconsistently when high precision mouse input is enabled
  • Workshop
  • Fixed an issue preventing Go To Assemble Heroes from working in Assault and Hybrid
  • Fixed an issue preventing Sombra Dummy Bots from being able to hack health packs
Maps
  • Temple of Anubis - Fixed a bug where some heroes could get stuck behind one of the rocks outside of point B
  • Eichenwalde - Fixed a bug that could cause Wrecking Ball to become temporarily stuck when using his Piledriver in a specific location
  • Junkertown - Fixed a bug that allowed some players to stand on a wall near the final checkpoint
  • Junkertown - Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra's Translocator and Baptiste's Immortality Field to land in an unintended place between the stairs and wall near point A
  • Dorado - Fixed a bug that caused the ivy growing on the wall between points A and B to block projectiles
  • Rialto - Fixed a bug that could cause Winston and Sigma to become stuck between the wall, bridge, and gondola outside of Point A
  • Watchpoint: Gibraltor - Fixed a bug that caused Baptiste's Immortality Field to disappear when thrown in a specific spot outside of the first Attacker's spawn
Heroes
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug that could cause Immortality Field to not deploy or get destroyed while deploying in some situations
Mercy
  • Fixed a bug that caused Mercy's gold staff and pistol to disappear while using Valkyrie when viewing in 3rd person
Tracer
  • Fixed a bug allowing players to swap heroes while using Recall

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
how the other team gonna talk shit just because our tank died first point and they rolled us with like 5:40 seconds left on the clock.
when we went on attack we ended up with over 4 minutes. they got awfully quiet and even more quiet when it was 4-2 and it was their turn to attack. full held them on last point.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think that has been fixed? Servers just went down briefly and I wasn't able to replicate it in a custom game (unless I'm doing it wrong...)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
INTRODUCING: PARTY FLEX FOR ROLE QUEUE
Unsure of which role you want to play? Now, party members who queue for any game mode with Role Queue enabled can select multiple roles, indicating what they're willing to play in the next game.
Your other party members' role choices and Competitive Play skill ratings may affect which roles you are eligible to choose, or which role you can play. For example, if you selected all three roles (Tank, Damage, Healing) to indicate your willingness to play any of them, and then two other party members choose Support, you will not get to play Support in the next game.
FUCK YEAH

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The one frustrating thing about the new patch that has been killing my SR is that tanks are still trying to play like they used to before the patch... Even though I try to explain over comms that bunkering isn't going to work, they go and do the same and blame the healers saying they aren't doing their job.

On the bright side, my Zenyatta is quite deadly against the enemy now. I can finally say I'm shooting more than just shields, and consistently placing discord orbs on the enemy

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
The one frustrating thing about the new patch that has been killing my SR is that tanks are still trying to play like they used to before the patch... Even though I try to explain over comms that bunkering isn't going to work, they go and do the same and blame the healers saying they aren't doing their job.

On the bright side, my Zenyatta is quite deadly against the enemy now. I can finally say I'm shooting more than just shields, and consistently placing discord orbs on the enemy
I hope it's an adjustment period, as a tank main myself it takes some getting used to that shields aren't your main ability, if you know what I mean.

I find the game post patch more fun. Double Shield are still in alot of games, but when the shields actually have significant downtime, it turns out Double Shield isn't that bad. Next focus hopefully on support and DPS, as some things need to change there as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I hope it's an adjustment period, as a tank main myself it takes some getting used to that shields aren't your main ability, if you know what I mean.

I find the game post patch more fun. Double Shield are still in alot of games, but when the shields actually have significant downtime, it turns out Double Shield isn't that bad. Next focus hopefully on support and DPS, as some things need to change there as well.
Yeah and I get that, there's definitely an adjustment period for everyone. Low key I'm just annoyed because I placed myself in gold, had a bad string of matches and slid down to Silver lol. I slowly was making my way up back to where I started, but after the patch it's been a disaster... I'm at 1900 SR now so it's not an impossible feat to break past 2000, but the way things are going, I don't think I'll be able to make it by the end of the season.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah and I get that, there's definitely an adjustment period for everyone. Low key I'm just annoyed because I placed myself in gold, had a bad string of matches and slid down to Silver lol. I slowly was making my way up back to where I started, but after the patch it's been a disaster... I'm at 1900 SR now so it's not an impossible feat to break past 2000, but the way things are going, I don't think I'll be able to make it by the end of the season.
Ah yeah, I can see that. Dropping ranks post patch is always a bad feeling for sure.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the game again and I'm being placed with low/one star players on quick play despite having five stars. Is it just because I haven't played Ranked since they reset everything?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've played 16 matches since this event started and have won 4, merry Christmas indeed.

I don't think I've been playing bad at all!

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Could be the whole 50/50 algorithm doing its thing, but after I complained this morning about having terrible games last night, today I had 3 amazing games and got my SR back up by a bit. Gonna put the game down now to watch the Awards. Playing Zen and Baptiste feels great in this patch when your team is communicating and synergizing

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Had a good day of comp games. Went 4-1-1. 3-1-1 was my DPS placements and I got 1880, lol. Gold is actually reachable but I'm such a bot on DPS.

Played my first support placement game and stomped the enemy team. As long as I win at least 1 more support game I should at least place in plat, as I ended last season at around 2570.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Man, getting stuck on a team where the people being hard countered won't swap, its painful.

Can't wait until Orisa's realize they can't post up any more, or that people need to kill Zarya so she's not spending the entire match at 90+ charge.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Last patch, playing tank was awful because if your healers didn't cover for you or if your dps couldn't get kills, there was litearlly nothing you could possibly do to make an impact.

But if you were a healer, then you were super impactful. Now, that feeling of helplessness has tipped a bit the healers direction. If my tanks weren't fighting right or the dps aren't doing their job....er, good luck. Like you could be doing amazing as Ana. Land a sleep dart at on a critical target? Here comes moira to tickle the ulting genjkaway :D

It's why I think it's so easy to tilt in this game. The solution, atleast to you, is so obvious at points and here your teammate comes to mess it all up. Which isn't to say you aren't making your own mistakes that your teammates are facepalming, but just your perspective, it can feel like the right tactic is obvious and your teammate just doesn't play along and it's insanity inducing.

Still having fun tho. Like, this wierd rage-fun, but fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.