• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
No, Lucio's heals are definitely HOT (Heals Over Time) than BH. Even when you use Amp It Up to increase his healing rate for a short duration, it's still just a buff on the player which heals them a certain amount. It's a lot of upkeep if you are careless, on top of having to keep track of cooldowns and buff timers, etc.
Maybe I misunderstand it, but how is that not burst healing. I thought burst healing just means a rapid increase of healing potential. That's the 'burst', just an increase in heals. I understand the distinction in Lucio's healing aura being HOT and even amp'd up, it's still over time, but there is a massive increase of it and....that's a burst, isn't it?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
don't be using VC to ask for healing if youre low . There's a key for that so i can pick up where the sound is coming from faster than trying to 360 and find where you are at.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
if you need to be healed the best way to communicate this is to stand where the healer can see you and your big, bright critical health marker lol

so often I have someone stand behind me and use need healing, just walk forward a foot and you'll get healed

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
if you need to be healed the best way to communicate this is to stand where the healer can see you and your big, bright critical health marker lol

so often I have someone stand behind me and use need healing, just walk forward a foot and you'll get healed
the ones that keep running around you as you turn around so you'll never see eye to eye

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
If I need healing I just walk infront of a support to try to get accidentally healed.

Also looks like Orisa/Sigma is coming back in Plat at a more consistent rate, took all of a month.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
If I need healing I just walk infront of a support to try to get accidentally healed.

Also looks like Orisa/Sigma is coming back in Plat at a more consistent rate, took all of a month.
Double shield finally catching up.

also i wish replay viewer show stats like healing done or damage done through the game (TAB)

my games its pick what they want or rein/zarya. noticed some s76 because they watch youtube.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
can't tell what the mercy wanted to know when they all caps GOLD HEAL ??. like were they expecting to have gold heals because i was Ana? it was 18K healing which ended up being 37% of the team damage.

weird call from them to ask me to nano rein considering (1) we had him as a shield and they had widow. (2) our other tank was a hog. idk if they thought that one thought that one through.
but they also ran zarya/orisa and our soldier had visor which they decided to stand there and die.

Last edited:

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Jeff discussing the team experimenting with 3-2-1 role queue

us.forums.blizzard.com

Blizzard save your game! go 1/3/2

Wow, it was super weird to stumble on this thread. In early December, we were brainstorming ways to shorten DPS queue times and the idea was proposed to try changing the role queue team composition to be 1 Tank, 3 Damage, and 2 Support. Our matchmaking engineers did some modeling around queue...

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I can see if they had one tank, it would be stressful if you "pick the wrong tank".

By the way, what the pre-patch suppose to be for?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
They should bring a version of it to the PTR. Or make it an arcade mode. It would be interesting to test out what they've been trying out.

It would require a lot of tank reworks though, and like they mention every off-tank would have to be re-worked.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff discussing the team experimenting with 3-2-1 role queue

us.forums.blizzard.com

Blizzard save your game! go 1/3/2

Wow, it was super weird to stumble on this thread. In early December, we were brainstorming ways to shorten DPS queue times and the idea was proposed to try changing the role queue team composition to be 1 Tank, 3 Damage, and 2 Support. Our matchmaking engineers did some modeling around queue...
Woof, this game is a structural mess.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
In general, these matches are more chaotic and (I'll touch on this later) feel "more FPS-y".
Also, many on the team have cited that with 3 damage dealers they feel far less pressure than they do in the current live game with only 2 damage.
After a few of the early playtests in December, I remember one developer giving feedback that "the game felt like old school Overwatch… like when we first launched." I tried to point out that the reason they felt that way is because we used to play the game this way all the time… it's shouldn't be that surprising or different. Let's all remember, the surprising thing back then was actually having two tanks…
pull the trigger Jeff

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
That seems like a whole other can of worms

Here's the quote.
If you were to come and play Roadhog today with us in our 3-2-1 experiment, he's moved from the Tank to the Damage category, he only has 400 health, Take a Breather only heals and does not do damage reduction and there were a bunch of DPS changes to his scrap gun. Now, don't freak out. We're not doing this for 2-2-2… I am only sharing the design experiment that's going on here.

So yeah, it's gonna be a weird problem if they pull the trigger.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
They have yet to balance the game for 2-2-2 in a timely manner and now they experimenting 3-2-1?

????

Hello? Jeff?

I'm not opposed to the idea but the slow dev team doesn't inspire confidence.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
We're gonna be queuing for individual heroes in the future, aren't we. That is the nightmare ahead.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
We're gonna be queuing for individual heroes in the future, aren't we. That is the nightmare ahead.
I mean, thats what happens when you try to revalance to 2-2-2 a game that was never meant for it on the first place, the counters aren't thought per class and some 2-2-2 compositions can be beaten by only mirrowing or not going 2-2-2, some supports were made with 3-3 in mind, solving the queues is the least of the problems

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ what are they thinking.

I don't like 222 but this makes no sense. You force 222 and then don't even bother properly balancing around 222 but instead are already experimenting with a 321 setup.

222 needs interesting heroes and heroes that are more of a hybrid. I will never understand why they pushed Brigitte hard into the healer direction when she is the kind of hero the game needs for a role lock to be more interesting. A support that can also work as a mini tank or even dps.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ what are they thinking.

I don't like 222 but this makes no sense. You force 222 and then don't even bother properly balancing around 222 but instead are already experimenting with a 321 setup.

222 needs interesting heroes and heroes that are more of a hybrid. I will never understand why they pushed Brigitte hard into the healer direction when she is the kind of hero the game needs for a role lock to be more interesting. A support that can also work as a mini tank or even dps.
No. 2-2-2 balance is all about erasing ambiguity so you don't have to worry about a hero being too overpowered because it fills two roles, the tendency is flattening their designs more and more so their function is clear. That's why symmetra is still on dps slot, torb lost the armor functionality, that's why they made a healer based on armor that broke the game cause armor is op, because supports need to heal. I'd give up on hybrids, the moment we got them people started asking for tank/off tank queues and eventually main/off sup

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
2/2/2 is about balancing the game, 1/3/2 is simply for queue times and whether it could work. Hell, it's like most people didn't read Jeff's full post and the most essential part:
'We're not really confident that it's the correct thing for the game.'

Them experimenting, brainstorming about solutions is a good thing, I have absolutely no idea why people are perceiving this as a horrible decision (as, you know, it isn't even a decision).

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Please just get rid of role queue. 2-2-2 has really hampered my enjoyment of the game as a jack of all trades player who likes to flex to whatever my team is lacking. Also dps queue times are just lol

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm glad that I've mostly sticked to Mystery Heroes or Quick Play Classic ever since 2-2-2 was implemented. The most I can wait is 2 mins while I do some deathmatch.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly 3-3 but look at how well triple tank worked with Ana and only because her healing output was bananas, if you wouldn't use her in triple tank you'd be dumb
1) OG triple tank was a 3-3 meta for like a week and thusly not a 3-3 meta
2) Ana was not made specifically to foster triple tanks otherwise she would've been a mainstay in GOATS and not a Zen hotswap

Status
Not open for further replies.