• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
RIP Zen in meta Jan 2020 - Jan 2020.

The rise of Reinhardt as main tank, and the likelihood of a D.Va on the opposite team (who is more willing to solo jump a Zen as she can jet back out in 3 seconds), means it appears to be reverting to Lucio. Again.

Sad if true. I haven't even played support in comp this season yet, but I really miss playing Zen as he's fun to play. Also because he's my highest win-rate hero.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Last night almost killed the game for me. Start with a few QP classic for arcade points that are just me on support plus all dps, no cc on them, no rotations, lose all matches. Roll into regular QP with a weird long string of racists and throwers, lose all matches. Finally after eight losses get one decent team that doesn't require any mutes or reports and get a nice win. Not a great ratio.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Ok so I havent played in a VERY long time. I see there are wait times for roles now...so I can't just jump in a quick play and try to familiarize myself with the new characters? There's a 10+ minute wait time to play as dps class? What the fuck...

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I havent played in a VERY long time. I see there are wait times for roles now...so I can't just jump in a quick play and try to familiarize myself with the new characters? There's a 10+ minute wait time to play as dps class? What the fuck...

Quick play classic or whatever its called in the Arcade menu is the regular quick play as it was before

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had a great CTF Blitz game where me rolling in real fast as Hammond and getting an early cap resulted in someone rage quiting out of the gate. We get more caps in rapid succession and by the time it's 5-0 the opponents have only 3 members left and the game quits due to not enough people.

Slightly annoyed that a dominating performance like that didn't result in a Win, but I kept a recording of it and that's the true reward.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Had a great CTF Blitz game where me rolling in real fast as Hammond and getting an early cap resulted in someone rage quiting out of the gate. We get more caps in rapid succession and by the time it's 5-0 the opponents have only 3 members left and the game quits due to not enough people.

Slightly annoyed that a dominating performance like that didn't result in a Win, but I kept a recording of it and that's the true reward.
Yeah, that sucks. I've had a few comp matches where magic happens and we just steamroll the enemy team onto the point right out of the gate, so people on their team leave and the match cancels. I'm always like "C'mon! A fast win should still be a win!"

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've never actually been into quick play classic in the arcade since 2-2-2 came in, I just assume it's six on six attack characters, why else would you go there?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've never actually been into quick play classic in the arcade since 2-2-2 came in, I just assume it's six on six attack characters, why else would you go there?
Honestly i almost never got more than 3 dps characters there, granted, i duo a lot and we try to balance out things, but I can go widow without feeling like people are fucking up the composition o- o

If we end up with 4 dps i just pick a support with damage boost and pray, sometimes it works if they aint playing world of tanks

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i almost never got more than 3 dps characters there, granted, i duo a lot and we try to balance out things, but I can go widow without feeling like people are fucking up the composition o- o

If we end up with 4 dps i just pick a support with damage boost and pray, sometimes it works if they aint playing world of tanks
That actually surprises me a lot, the only times I'm tempted to venture in are when I really need a break from support and tank roles so naturally I figure everyone is like me.

Never even considered world of tanks with the power creep, good god almighty, the absolute hoss war of attrition.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that sucks. I've had a few comp matches where magic happens and we just steamroll the enemy team onto the point right out of the gate, so people on their team leave and the match cancels. I'm always like "C'mon! A fast win should still be a win!"

Most of the time that happens because they have someone AFK from the start though.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That actually surprises me a lot, the only times I'm tempted to venture in are when I really need a break from support and tank roles so naturally I figure everyone is like me.

Never even considered world of tanks with the power creep, good god almighty, the absolute hoss war of attrition.
It's been as it's always been, if you are a tank/support player and have a friend that's the same, every match is bearable, if you take rounds dpsing you'll hardly get more than 3dps/match. If the enemy teams has no healers you can punish that with strats that are not 2-2-2 too xD

The secret is playing for fun and not minding the strats much cause odds are the enemy team will be as bad as yours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Is it me or it near impossible to truly be get out of endorsement level 3. I get to 4 but drop back down to 3 after a few days. Probably because if you get into a few losing matches then you get no endorsements at all since nobody likes to endorse on loses.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or it near impossible to truly be get out of endorsement level 3. I get to 4 but drop back down to 3 after a few days. Probably because if you get into a few losing matches then you get no endorsements at all since nobody likes to endorse on loses.
Yeah, it seems like unless I get endorsements every single match I'm gonna drop back to 3.

Oct 27, 2017

I've only ever seen level 5 players in quick play. In comp I think it's pretty much impossible to keep up the endorsements because people are more tilted.

Also something seems to be happening imminently... Seagull and Emongg are both streaming and teasing something...

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing we're getting Echo soon and her animated short is a direct lead-in to OW2, along with a possible beta.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it has to be something that's going straight to live (or at least PTR) if Seagull is streaming the game. Not just an announcement of something.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
im hyped, hope its not a map editor

t1580410800z1.png

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Everything sounds like a mess. And especially hero pools. They are basically going against what this game is about and how it's designed from day one. Disgusted.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. So it's hero bans, but fixed and rotated on a weekly basis. I'm someone who flexes on a bunch of heroes, so it's great for me, but I can imagine one-tricks being super turned off by it.

Also I guess I was wrong about something being playable today!

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Like man, I can actually ditch the game for a week when cheese toxic characters and come back when they're banned. Glorious, please make it work

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
- Experimental card every now and then (basically PTR on live servers, changes to hero balance, game modes and more).
- Get rewards, experience etc. just like normal, so should provide more data for the OW team (PTR was infamous for not getting enough players).
- Not for bugs or stability tests, pure for gameplay changes.
- First experimental card in a few weeks, also for console!

- New balance strategy: faster, more aggressive and targetting the meta.
- Used to focus on stability, now pushing player base more often from the meta.
- Not the same as experimental card changes per se

- Season 21 of competitive: Hero Pools
- Experimental System to prevent players of stagnating on the meta
- ONLY IN COMPETITIVE, QUICKPLAY IS SAFE
- Hero pool rotates weekly. WEEKLY.
-
Target is to keep the meta fluid.
- Team is willing to change aspects of this, like time of the pool if needed.
- OWL is excited about this and will implement this system as well (!!!!!!!)

- Huge anti cheat effort, will address this majorly in the next 2 updates
- Big workshop update incoming
- QoL changes incoming (for example: pin replays so it doesn't get deleted ; share replays)
- Major overhaul for Career Profile in Overwatch 2 ; will get a small refresh soonish for OW 1 (sort player icons, finally lol)

Think that about covers it, very exciting stuff.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
You need to quit, dude, this ain't healthy
It's also entirely false because Jeff stated way back in 2016 that he could see them eventually remove heroes from the hero pool. Like, way back when there wasn't even a single hero added (or maybe post Ana) and nothing of this even was up for discussion, the game director already was thinking about stuff like that.

'Goes against what the game is about', lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.