• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am pretty sure that ppl at Blizzard don't even know what they are doing anymore. Another Brigitte nerf? Her pick rate is abysmal, she is not good and she needed buffs not nerfs.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I think they're slowly rolling back power creep, but that also necessitates rolling back heal creep. Heal creep and power creep have gone hand in hand since hte greater one became, the greater the other had to be to keep up. Except their not doing it all at once, which makes sense if they are doing weekly patch updates like these. So, if we see other healers nerfed as we go along, nerfing Brig's healing makes sense.

It's just kinda wierd to start this with brig. If that's what their doing at all.

I can't think of another rationale to nerf brig's healing.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I swear they want to destroy all the supports and tanks in this game. I am support main from day one but i am not even sure who to play anymore. They nerfed Moira, they nerfed Mercy, they destroyed Brigitte... "No fun allowed!"

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Mystery heroes can be cruel sometimes.

_20200206_112139wujb6.jpg

Our team had 0 deaths all game

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Fix for audio issues coming next patch
Hi there, thanks to your post we have been able to track down a bug with our occlusion system. This is the system that muffles sounds when they are behind walls. Your example was very easy to reproduce and we found the bug that was introduced while optimizing the system for the Switch release. The calculations were wrong and we were muffling sounds much more than was intended.

This fix is now on our PTR and will come to the live game with the 1.45 patch.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Ooops we remember Brigitte existed, time for a nerf!

Seriously. Brig is released, the pro's figure out how the break the game with her and she's nerfed.

She's reworked, generally thought the be underpowered to balanced, yet the pro's figure out how to break the game with her again and she's nerfed.

I thought this was the reason for hero pools. If Lucio / Brig is the meta, bench one of them each week for the first two weeks and see what happens after.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I am pretty sure that ppl at Blizzard don't even know what they are doing anymore. Another Brigitte nerf? Her pick rate is abysmal, she is not good and she needed buffs not nerfs.
She has the highest win rate of any support across all tiers. By a wide margin too. Her win rate is 57% and the next highest is Zen at 52%.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Goat brig is live for 200 tokens i.e. $10 for those that don't have tokens , will be available til the 19th so you can look out for a giveaway during that period
OI8x0VA.jpg

WgCSS0M.jpg

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Instabought.

I'm not a fan of her purple hair, I wish they kept it the same as her normal hair style, but I LOVE this skin otherwise.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Instant bought.

They can nerf her to the ground but at least I got a skin lol.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
P. S. me and a friend are sick of D. Va constant 3 sec harassment. It's cancer.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Any first person views of the goat brig skin? Kinda want to get it but if it has an ugly/too big mace I'll pass.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't liked any of the OWL skins, so I still have the 200 currency I got from linking my Twitch account back when OWL started.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
My friend that i used to play with quit and uninstalled the game because he didn't get a single Lunar skin during the event... I-

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Pfft. I only was able to get a single one which I bought with coins which was the Brig outfit from it. Every gold I got during the event was last year or the year before lunar event skins or a random generic skin.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Pfft. I only was able to get a single one which I bought with coins which was the Brig outfit from it. Every gold I got during the event was last year or the year before lunar event skins or a random generic skin.
Same here, had to buy my one new skin, every thing else was old, and two of them were base character skins including
INDUSTRIAL ZARYA
Which is the perfect choice to just rub it in really.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I think Zen is perfectly fine the way he is, as someone who plays a lot of him mind you I'm no GM player, but he works well as a buff/debuff type character that feeds off his own team by spotting healing to then use his transcendence in emergency situations. He's no main healer and that's okay, there are plenty of other characters who are. He's too squishy to actually sit in one spot healing everyone

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Still pretty new to the game, but have been playing every evening for a few weeks now so thought I would try ranked, however I have ultimately got very little enjoyment out of it.

I think the toxicity ramps up significantly for very little gain...from straight up slurs to team implosions and abuse to force switches it gets pretty awful, this is all in low gold rank so not particularly high stakes. I do think the quality of play can be better as there is more focus but I have had a lot of games where we just got rocked and it felt some player were just not playing particularly well which I can find frustrating. With friends or frequent players it is probably a much better experience but as-is after about 20 games I have zero desire to give it another go.

Would be interested to hear everyone's time split in terms of ranked vs other modes??

Last edited:

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
New live patch Console only changes 👀
HERO UPDATES
Brigitte

Repair Pack

• Armor over-heal reduced from 75 armor to 50 armor
  • HPS decreased from 60 to 55
Developer Comment: On top of the high utility Brigitte brings to her team, she also dishes out a ton of healing and armor. We're reducing some of this healing and armor to help keep her in line with the other healers.

Symmetra

• Photon Projector (Secondary Fire)
  • Damage increased from 120 to 140
Developer Comment: Increasing Photon Projectors max damage allows Symmetra to play more effectively at a safer range when necessary.

Widowmaker

Widow's Kiss

• Full charge time for scoped shots increased from 0.83 sec to 1 sec
Developer Comment: Widowmaker has become stronger over time following changes to other heroes, such as power reductions to barriers. This change is intended to slow down her shots, reducing her overall DPS.

Wrecking Ball

Piledriver

• Affected players' loss of air control reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds
Developer Comment: This change allows Wrecking Ball's enemies to regain control of their movement more quickly to try and avoid attacks, making Piledriver combos a bit less deadly.

Console-Only Changes

Ana

Biotic Rifle

• Allied projectile size increased from 0.3 to 0.4
Symmetra

Sentry Turret

• Turret DPS reduced from 34 to 30

Would be interested to hear everyone's time split in terms of ranked vs other modes??

I mainly play rank, have probably less then an hour in QP since I got to rank 25. Play MH for Arcade boxes/warmups. Rank is just more interesting and more structured then other modes.

Last edited:

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Mainly stick to Arcade/QP. Mystery Heroes is my most played mode (lol) with QP a few hours behind. I play comp every now and then, mainly just do placements with friends. It's crazy how having one friend play comp makes it 10x more bearable.

I'm very surprised that Sym buff went through. Think 140 damage is a little much but I guess we'll have to see.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Developer Comment: On top of the high utility Brigitte brings to her team, she also dishes out a ton of healing and armor. We're reducing some of this healing and armor to help keep her in line with the other healers.

Since 2-2-2 went live i never had a single game with Brigitte having the most healing out of the 2 healers in the team. I guess ppl just don't know how to use tons of her healing and armor yet...

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Downloaded again, doing placements and it's the same Overwatch I didn't miss. Slightly more fun but still dumb brain-dead people that switch from Doomfist to Reaper when our main issue is an uncontested Pharah.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
I only play Mystery Heroes, but I sample other arcade modes when they're available. I feel like MH takes a lot of the pressure off.

Mainly stick to Arcade/QP. Mystery Heroes is my most played mode (lol) with QP a few hours behind. I play comp every now and then, mainly just do placements with friends. It's crazy how having one friend play comp makes it 10x more bearable.

I'm very surprised that Sym buff went through. Think 140 damage is a little much but I guess we'll have to see.

Have to say thank you to both for mentioning mystery heroes. It isn't something I had not actually tried before but it is a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.