• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What's the list of the one-time-only skins so far? I'm talking about the ones like Doctor Mercy, Medic Baptiste, Nuka Cola Dva, etc. These don't show up when going through character info in-game. And wikis about skins don't seem to list them either.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
What's the list of the one-time-only skins so far? I'm talking about the ones like Doctor Mercy, Medic Baptiste, Nuka Cola Dva, etc. These don't show up when going through character info in-game. And wikis about skins don't seem to list them either.
Took me some time, but did some research and compiled a list for you. In terms of "can no longer get" I think this covers it. Someone can let me know if I missed anything. I don't include the "Origins" skins cause I believe they still come with buying the Origins/Legendary version of the game to this day.

• Blizzcon Bastion (Had to attend or buy a digital ticket to Blizzcon 2016)
  • Blizzcon Winston (Had to attend or buy a digital ticket to Blizzcon 2017)
  • Kerrigan Widowmaker (login during Starcraft's 20th anniversary)
  • Noire Widowmaker (preorder bonus)
  • Pink Mercy (DLC purchase that benefited BCRF)
  • Bastet Ana (Ana's Bastet Challenge)
  • Nano D.Va (DV.a's Nano Cola Challenge)
  • Dr. Ziegler Mercy (Mercy's Recall Challenge)
  • Combat Medic Baptiste (Baptiste's Reunion Challenge)
  • American Reaper (Summer Games 2019 Week 1 Challenge)
  • Zhongguo Mei (Summer Games 2019 Week 2 Challenge)
  • Bundesadler Reinhardt (Summer Games 2019 Week 3 Challenge)
  • Brick Bastion (Bastion's Brick Challenge)
  • Inferno Junkrat (Halloween Terror 2019 Week 1 Challenge)
  • Vampire Baptiste (Halloween Terror 2019 Week 2 Challenge)
  • Demon Hunter Sombra (Halloween Terror 2019 Week 3 Challenge/Blizzcon 2018)
  • Monk Doomfist (Lunar New Year 2020 Week 1 Challenge)
  • Ancient Bronze Winston (Lunar New Year 2020 Week 2 Challenge)
  • Paper Cutting Wrecking Ball (Lunar New Year 2020 Week 3 Challenge)
  • Pacific All-Stars Genji (All-Star Weekend 2018; OWL Token skin)
  • Atlantic All-Stars Tracer (All-Star Weekend 2018; OWL Token skin)
  • Pacific All-Stars Lucio (All-Star Weekend 2019; OWL Token skin)
  • Atlantic All-Stars Mercy (All-Star Weekend 2019; OWL Token skin)
  • Zen-Nakji Zenyatta (OWL Token skin)

Officer D.Va and Oni Genji were also limited time skins, but were eventually added permanently after console players expressed frustration at not being able to earn them due to lacking a PC. (the skins were got for playing Heroes of the Storm)

Beyond that, there's many Overwatch League skins which are no longer able to be gotten as some teams have changed colors (but you keep the original colors if you own them). There were also "grey" skins available through Twitch for OWL.

Last year was the first year we started getting weekly challenges during the seasonal events. I think it is a safe guess that those weekly cosmetics will be added to the pool of season items when they come back around this year. Or they may just repeat the same weekly challenges again.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Took me some time, but did some research and compiled a list for you. In terms of "can no longer get" I think this covers it. Someone can let me know if I missed anything. I don't include the "Origins" skins cause I believe they still come with buying the Origins/Legendary version of the game to this day.

• Blizzcon Bastion (Had to attend or buy a digital ticket to Blizzcon 2016)
  • Blizzcon Winston (Had to attend or buy a digital ticket to Blizzcon 2017)
  • Kerrigan Widowmaker (login during Starcraft's 20th anniversary)
  • Noire Widowmaker (preorder bonus)
  • Pink Mercy (DLC purchase that benefited BCRF)
  • Bastet Ana (Ana's Bastet Challenge)
  • Nano D.Va (DV.a's Nano Cola Challenge)
  • Dr. Ziegler Mercy (Mercy's Recall Challenge)
  • Combat Medic Baptiste (Baptiste's Reunion Challenge)
  • American Reaper (Summer Games 2019 Week 1 Challenge)
  • Zhongguo Mei (Summer Games 2019 Week 2 Challenge)
  • Bundesadler Reinhardt (Summer Games 2019 Week 3 Challenge)
  • Brick Bastion (Bastion's Brick Challenge)
  • Inferno Junkrat (Halloween Terror 2019 Week 1 Challenge)
  • Vampire Baptiste (Halloween Terror 2019 Week 2 Challenge)
  • Demon Hunter Sombra (Halloween Terror 2019 Week 3 Challenge/Blizzcon 2018)
  • Monk Doomfist (Lunar New Year 2020 Week 1 Challenge)
  • Ancient Bronze Winston (Lunar New Year 2020 Week 2 Challenge)
  • Paper Cutting Wrecking Ball (Lunar New Year 2020 Week 3 Challenge)
  • Pacific All-Stars Genji (All-Star Weekend 2018)
  • Atlantic All-Stars Tracer (All-Star Weekend 2018)
  • Pacific All-Stars Lucio (All-Star Weekend 2019)
  • Atlantic All-Stars Mercy (All-Star Weekend 2019)

Officer D.Va and Oni Genji were also limited time skins, but were eventually added permanently after console players expressed frustration at not being able to earn them due to lacking a PC. (the skins were got for playing Heroes of the Storm)

Beyond that, there's many Overwatch League skins which are no longer able to be gotten as some teams have changed colors (but you keep the original colors if you own them). There were also "grey" skins available through Twitch for OWL.

Last year was the first year we started getting weekly challenges during the seasonal events. I think it is a safe guess that those weekly cosmetics will be added to the pool of season items when they come back around this year. Or they may just repeat the same weekly challenges again.
Neat. Glad I got that sweet doc mercy skin.

I noticed some special zen skin too where it looked like his head was see through.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Neat. Glad I got that sweet doc mercy skin.

I noticed some special zen skin too where it looked like his head was see through.
You're absolutely right, I completely forgot about that skin. The one that looks like an octopus in a fishbowl, yeah? Zen-Nakji Zenyatta. It was created to honor the 2018 OWL MVP, JJonak. The team asked him what kind of Legendary skin he wanted, and that's what came out of it.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
limited time skins are the worst, especially the OWL ones
just let them become available to buy again, they didn't even bring the Tracer and Genji ones back temporarily when they released the Mercy and Lucio ones last year

I would have hoped the diablo Sombra skin would have set a new precedent in bringing limited stuff back but it doesn't seem like it

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
One can hope that, since Switch is new, Blizzard makes the Anniversary event this year have those skins up for grabs for all? I get the whole exclusivity thing, but it's been 4 years of Overwatch, everyone should have a chance at getting those skins, whether they are new or veterans at the game

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Playing DPS really shows you how much you depend on how good the rest of your team is performing and that, no matter what, they'll still find a way to blame you for everything.

Just buff the damn heroes properly, Blizzard.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Playing DPS really shows you how much you depend on how good the rest of your team is performing and that, no matter what, they'll still find a way to blame you for everything.

Yeah it can be really stark but it's often hard to specifically diagnose mid-match beyond "someone's not pulling their weight."

Lately it's been easier, though. Fuckin' coward tanks don't know how to push - it's ridiculous! I've killed both their supports just walk through the choke you idiots! Try! Tryyyyyyyyyoh okay just do nothing I guess.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
ItYaboiRyanK: You're garbage
Me: Thats whhy I'm pracitcing
Him: You suck so why make a smurf to practice
Bye trashcan
Me: I barely play this hero lol. Weirdo. Thats why its practice
Cringe
Wait You're plat. Why so mad :(

i got this nonsense on my first qp match on my new Wrecking ball/ana/baptiste account. lmao. I have messages turned off so he had to send me a freind request to even do this in the first place. Imagine taking quick play THIS seriously.

sidenote: brigette is so annoying and oppressive but a little less so thanks to the nerf so theres that I guess. I love that WB can harasss Widomakers tho. LOVE doing that.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Bye trashcan
Cringe

i got this nonsense on my first qp match on my new Wrecking ball/ana/baptiste account. lmao. I have messages turned off so he had to send me a freind request to even do this in the first place. Imagine taking quick play THIS seriously.

sidenote: brigette is so annoying and oppressive but a little less so thanks to the nerf so theres that I guess. I love that WB can harasss Widomakers tho. LOVE doing that.
Some people in general take videogames too seriously... Don't feel bad about yourself, feel more bad for the person who's let's life pass them by getting too sucked into a bunch of pixels. Just play how you wanna play and have fun (without being a shithead to others of course)

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Accidentally posted this in the OWL thread. Since we're getting angry

Just got told to switch off Mei from a genji who had no Ana and playing into a Brig/McCree. The nerve of some people

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
Some people in general take videogames too seriously... Don't feel bad about yourself, feel more bad for the person who's let's life pass them by getting too sucked into a bunch of pixels. Just play how you wanna play and have fun (without being a shithead to others of course)
I just wanted to practice :'(

tenor.gif

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
this is why you've got to turn off friend requests too lol

tired of dealing with salty people, who has time for it anyway

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It really sucks that they are not doing Legendary skins with unique audio/visual effects anymore. I hope that Pink Mercy will return because that's her only skin i am missing. But i highly doubt that it will.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably been said many times before over the years so I'll just add to it, but I'm convinced that if you rage quit in a QP you get sent to a black hole where you're stuck on shit teams for 10+ games. Fucking hell.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Winston has become the most annoying tank for me after all the other tanks have been nerfed. If he is pocketed he can be SO annoying.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the SR gains you get when people on the other team aren't bugged at this point right? Like theyre working as intended? Because its been over a month since you only get like 7 SR for a win in that situation but when you lose a game due to a leaver you lose your regular SR. Super frustrating

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Bye trashcan
Cringe

I recognize that username. It rings a Bell of Assholes in my mind - I'm sure I've played with or against them and they made some wholly negative impression on me to the point that I scrolled through my PSN messages trying to find it.

I couldn't, but my point is YaBoiRyanK is not merely a douchebag to you, but to all who happen across their poisonous path.

Fuck 'em.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Got called a smurf (and a few other things) today by a rage quitter. I will take it as a compliment....even though I am not very good but was just having a solid game in general.

Loving playing Diva at the moment, feels like when I warm up I can really start rolling over the enemy team. Still not a fan of DPS, would rather play an off-tank or support Mercy, Lucio, or Moria 90% of the time. Ball is also great on certain maps but only because no one at my level seems to know how to deal with it haha

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I had one of the weirdest matches ever yesterday. It was a bronze match as a support on Dorado. We made it to the first checkpoint, but then the enemy team won the next fight and started spawn camping the right door. I (as Lucio) snuck out the left door and went around the entire enemy team, who continued to spawn camp, and started moving the payload by myself. About halfway to the second point our Moira joined me and the two of us pushed it all the way through the opening and closing door after point B before the enemy team actually came after us. In fact, they continued killing people at the old spawn, so the rest of my team ended up spawning closer and beating them back to the payload.

If this wasn't enough, they managed to stop us very close to the end, then proceeded to SPAWN CAMP AGAIN except for a single McCree, who me and the Moira took out and then pushed the payload the rest of the way to finish the map.

Then on their attack, for nearly the entirety of point A the enemy Reinhardt, Sombra, and Lucio hung around the defensive spawn trying to kill people who came out until Overtime when they all went back to the payload and made a serious push. They made it all the way to the last point but we stopped them just after the point B door.

I thought for sure they were throwing after their point A behavior but then they surmounted an actual decent push. I know it's bronze, but the entire game seemed like an extra level of WTF.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
I recognize that username. It rings a Bell of Assholes in my mind - I'm sure I've played with or against them and they made some wholly negative impression on me to the point that I scrolled through my PSN messages trying to find it.

I couldn't, but my point is YaBoiRyanK is not merely a douchebag to you, but to all who happen across their poisonous path.

Fuck 'em.
Yeah his name definitely seem familiar. I reported those messages and action has been taken place so there's that I guess!

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Never had this happen before...

Got a "Failed to connect to server" message at the bottom as soon as it said match found, lost 50 SR and got a 10 minute suspension without ever leaving the menu screen.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Imo. one of the best additions to DPS role. I barely have any fun playing DPS but Ashe is another story, she is super fun.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Ashe is fun and I enjoy playing her, even if she sometimes feels like just a worse Widow

but as a character? ehhhh
Jennifer Hale's extremely good, hammy performance is the only part of her I really like

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that, but her dynamite does enough damage and Bob generally keeps me on par with other characters. My worst character is actually McCree. I dread whenever I get him in Mystery Heroes.
If I had the ability to shoot the dynamite reliably it'd allow her to edge over my struggle Widow where I can somehow get more work out of the poison mine because I'm that bad with the dynamite.
I feel like I'm supposed to be able to immediately snap into aim and pop it mid throw buuuut, not me.

Cruelly enough, mystery heroes keeps handing me her when I finally get to take on a damage role.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
If I had the ability to shoot the dynamite reliably it'd allow her to edge over my struggle Widow where I can somehow get more work out of the poison mine because I'm that bad with the dynamite.
I feel like I'm supposed to be able to immediately snap into aim and pop it mid throw buuuut, not me.

Cruelly enough, mystery heroes keeps handing me her when I finally get to take on a damage role.

If you throw the dynamite and don't move your crosshair the dynamite will always be in your crosshair to quickly shoot it

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to do something about players being added to a match when it's damn near over. Joining an overtime should not be a thing, and how it still is astounds me.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
They really need to do something about players being added to a match when it's damn near over. Joining an overtime should not be a thing, and how it still is astounds me.

Totally agree, it doesn't happen to me too often but it is very frustrating when I have joined games and haven't even been able to pick a hero before the game is over...

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It looks like Epic, right? Kinda basic and boring.
They could have done so much better with Mardi Gras theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.