Overwatch |OT2|Live Long and Alla Till Mig!

Feb 7, 2018
This isn't directly related to Overwatch, but jesus, it's incredible how Blizzard just dicked over their HotS community. Pro's just lost their jobs, streamers have moved onto other games by the hundreds, and the community is in a state of personal betrayal. It's genuinely sad to see an entire community up-ended like this.

This isn't likely to happen to Overwatch (though I want to note that unlikely isn't the same as impossible), but it doesn't make me feel good to support a company that does THIS to their playerbase. Even if the developers who were working on HotS go to Overwatch and we end up getting more content, I'm gonna feel a lot worse about it if that came at the cost of another community.

I've said before that it's straight up strange how this game is being managed, but this incident seems to confirm that activision is seriously fucking things up internally.

The weird thing is that I don't understand how this is even a good business decision to make. How much money are they actually saving when they're taking these kinds of losses in PR? Even if HotS wasn't their most successful game, was it worth gutting it to nothing?

A lot of this is just gross on part of blizzard. And while I do think Overwatch is mostly safe for now, it's shitty to know that the moment the playerbase does end up dipping below a certain threshold, our game will be as expendable as HotS is in their eyes. And it's so stupid because if Overwatch is struggling, it's ONLY because of how poorly managed it is with repeated events and slow content dripfeed. WTF is going on at blizzard?
It's all about the $ and profit.
As long as OW is profitable they will continue to support it, when it's not profitable anymore they will probably do the same thing they did to HOTS.

One thing that made me kinda worried is this:

It doesn't bode well for the future of OW.

Oct 27, 2017
It's all about the $ and profit.
As long as OW is profitable they will continue to support it, when it's not profitable anymore they will probably do the same thing they did to HOTS.

It doesn't bode well for the future of OW.
Yeah but not short term imo. Overwatch is extremely successful. I reckon we still have multiple years before anything like this happens.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree about the Blizz commments, they already took a major L on the Diablo Imortal reveal, which was possibly the second-biggest gaming fail of 2018, after Fallout 76.

I never liked HOTS, only played it for the OW skins a while back and I thought it paled in comparison to DOTA2 in every aspect but they have really pissed off a community there. I wonder where the pros will move to now. The Reddit page makes an interesting read.