• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I shouldn't be surprised but when you get put with 5 stacks of pals in comms together and they can't even push as a unit, people who have been playing for 100s of hours. Winston won't harass Widow, McCree won't shoot Pharah, "might practice my Ashe since the random went healer". Pls log off forever.
They probably just LFGs who think forming a group then playing like it's solo queue with your mic off will somehow make them win more. Guaranteed when they lose they all leave the group then join another, and repeat.

I really hate the LFG system, used to be if you got stuck with a group they at least tried make a good team comp, now I'd say it 70/30 in favour of them basically being randoms but in a group.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch desperately needs a 2-2-2 role queue or the game is going to die (more than it already has). Thanks for attending my TED Talk.

It does, but it won't help when a tank goes Hog and is basically a fat, feedy DPS instead of shields, or the DPS main who was too slow to click on one gets stuck as a healer so goes Moira and just uses lifedrain/death orb all game. If you stand next to them when injured you might get a rare heal orb you can mooch that they fired for themselves.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The insta-disband after losing a game with a LFG team always makes me laugh. No thought process over why the game was lost, just "fuck these people"

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
They probably just LFGs who think forming a group then playing like it's solo queue with your mic off will somehow make them win more. Guaranteed when they lose they all leave the group then join another, and repeat.

I really hate the LFG system, used to be if you got stuck with a group they at least tried make a good team comp, now I'd say it 70/30 in favour of them basically being randoms but in a group.
In this instance they def knew each other, they were chatting away and wondering why their "good comp" was failing when Winston was jumping in solo and McCree was taking detours while team fights were happening. Knew the game was an L 30 seconds in.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got to level 25 and could try competitive. After three nights, I finished the qualifier games. And starting out with 2055 SR seems kind of okay. Lost 6 of the games but stuck with it.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OK, friend request sent. and yeah I'm in GMT time zone which is 5 hours ahead of EST so I'd long be in bed by 8PM EST. like you say, weekend would be good.

Alright, let's do Sunday at noon my time?

Finally got to level 25 and could try competitive. After three nights, I finished the qualifier games. And starting out with 2055 SR seems kind of okay. Lost 6 of the games but stuck with it.

Nicely done! Better rank than me and I've been playing for like a year now lol.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Nicely done! Better rank than me and I've been playing for like a year now lol.

Probably cheesed it a bit. Lately I've been sticking with Orisa and Brigitte and they're pretty easy to play once you get a feel for the maps. I'm really impressed with the games, in only one of them did I get 5 DPS to my support. Most of the time the tank and healer spots filled up instantly. Never had that in QP.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Top 500 on NA PS4 starts at ~3950. Well damn.

I'm at 2300, so I guess those top 500 sprays will elude me forever, haha. Though I feel like I could buy a XIM and crack that pretty easily with Ashe.

Got to say I really don't like Ashe's reload mechanic.

I think it's necessary. She has 12 rounds and deals out quite a bit of damage scoped. Play back further and don't hip fire, reload becomes far less of an issue.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's necessary. She has 12 rounds and deals out quite a bit of damage scoped. Play back further and don't hip fire, reload becomes far less of an issue.
It's also as much a boon as it is a constraint. If you run out of ammo with another character that has a long reload, like Orisa, then your just shit out of luck until she reloads. With Ashe, if you need just one single shot and can land that one shot, then the reload speed is fast.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Just played like 10 qp games and lost like 7 lol. I was playing shitter than shit even in the games we won. Analyzing combat performance and I think im just shit

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Just played like 10 qp games and lost like 7 lol. I was playing shitter than shit even in the games we won. Analyzing combat performance and I think im just shit
Quick tip I think 70% of players need. Stop pressing forward mindlessly. Pushing is a strategic step but so many are on this aggressive autopilot.

Not sure if this applies but I found when I started giving thoughts to my aggregation level and my positioning. Hope this helps.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Quick tip I think 70% of players need. Stop pressing forward mindlessly. Pushing is a strategic step but so many are on this aggressive autopilot.

Not sure if this applies but I found when I started giving thoughts to my aggregation level and my positioning. Hope this helps.

Yea thanks. It was partly that; just kept walking in front of widows that never seemed to miss. Idk what happened yesterday, my gamesense and aim were A.W.O.L. Usually at least one of them remains intact.

Edit: Also I must be getting way too old cause I've played this game for over 50 hours and I still struggle to remember where health packs are on some maps.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Man even on 6v6 elimination people just lock into their favourite sniper/dps, run the opposite of the rest of their team and then fail to hit a single target. I mean shit happens, but it's round after round the same story. Sorry needed a quick rant. :(

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Yea thanks. It was partly that; just kept walking in front of widows that never seemed to miss. Idk what happened yesterday, my gamesense and aim were A.W.O.L. Usually at least one of them remains intact.

Edit: Also I must be getting way too old cause I've played this game for over 50 hours and I still struggle to remember where health packs are on some maps.
Happy to help in any way however small.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Got to say I really don't like Ashe's reload mechanic.
It's also as much a boon as it is a constraint. If you run out of ammo with another character that has a long reload, like Orisa, then your just shit out of luck until she reloads. With Ashe, if you need just one single shot and can land that one shot, then the reload speed is fast.

Yep. I keep her secondary fire on hand specifically in case I get caught in a fire fight during a reload. It usually creates enough separation to load an extra shot or two, get away to snag a health pack, or get behind some kind of cover to retreat & regroup. She has a really fantastic kit so far, and there's not much I think she's lacking in.

One thing I do wish, though, was that her dynamite had SOME kind of knock back. Not even a big "boop"...just something to give teams a little bump. It seems so weird that it doesn't when so many other things (even Zarya's alt fire) will reposition enemies. It bothers me more than it should, lol.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It's January 16 and they didn't even mention new map or any other content. Like i said we are probably not getting anything.
After this Ana thing ends they will probably just announce and tease Lunar NY event.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
After trying to learn Hanzo and McCree and dropping to Gold by the end of last season, I just climbed back up to Diamond playing tanks and supports with a little Sombra here and there whenever no one wanted to be a healer. I'm never going to be great at being DPS because I just don't have the twitch reflexes nor the time (and patience) to learn how to consistently aim good, but I know I can get to Masters eventually with the other two classes. I got to low Masters once a long time ago on an alt account, so I know it's possible. I really hope I see fewer Mercy/Moira duo healers, Reaper mains, and Roadhog mains on my way up. Also, fewer players who insta-lock Rein and charge constantly. And Anas who try to fight Widows. And off-tanks who insist on playing Zarya with Orisa and wonder why they never get any charge.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Feels good when a teammate tells you they're gonna avoid you as teammate cause you're "garbage" then you stomp them next match.

totally irrelevant but HOLY SHIT at just what happened in his current stream fighting the first dlc's main boss

Currently playing through the dlcs myself for the first time so I'll have to wait to see what happened >. >

Last edited:

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Currently playing through the dlcs myself for the first time so I'll have to wait to see what happened >. >

Good luck! Those DLCs are tough, even in Dark Souls standards. Really looking forward to how Seagull finds the difficulty of the second DLC, which is hands down the hardest thing in the entire Souls series.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
For those who believe Rein's proportions are... off, LEGO has a solution for you.

Bonus:

My Bastion set arrived yesterday; my D.Va/Rein and Dorado sets should be coming in either today or tomorrow. Looking forward to assembling one of them this weekend!

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So i guess i was right about the event.
Hopefully Moira gets a skin. Ashe would be nice too.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Played first sober comp match in a while, attack on Rialto we absolutely minced the other team. Start defense and one of our team throws the rest of the match. ??
Deleted the game. I'll leave it now until my PC is built methinks

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Who should I be keeping bloom and default crosshair on?

I've been running tiny green crosshair with everyone but maybe I'm fuckin up my aim w some heroes

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
my dot for zen.

screenshot5863jc8.png

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Sometimes I take my middling PS4 Tracer gameplay and set it to music - and I did it again!

Of note:
The 4K PotG at around 2:40? You're damn right I got that Moira after the fade.

After killing the Mercy & Rein pair at around 3:09, I basically stayed right where I was and let my team mop up the leavins. I counted to ten, the Rein charged back in with the Mercy just behind, and that is when the Mercy one-clip at 2:22 happens. Lol that Rein was piiiissed. Can't imagine how the Mercy felt >.<

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Chance

Love the music.

What's your sensitivity BTW? I'm noticing that you tend not rotate and rely more on blinking/going on straight away lines.

I stopped playing Tracer long time ago but my last sensitivity I settled on for her was 50/30 with everything else to default (reddit OWconsole suggested this to me, some top 500 guy). It's not very low yet not very high. Just the right amount of tracking+movement/camera.

Of course I was supposed to maybe go bit by bit higher after getting comfy with it for a while but Brig happened and now I'm a Brig one trick lol.

Sensitivity is all subjective but I highly suggest you mess around it and go bit by bit higher. Like 40 then 45...and so on till you reach that perfect sweet spot.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
That's so weird. From the videos I thought they are much lower than that.

So only suggestion applies is perhaps try to move with your camera more if that makes sense?

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
No new map, huh? I hope this is an anomaly and rest of the year is on par. My two favorite ongoing games are this and Street Fighter 5 and both seem to have maybe started pumping the brakes.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
No new map, huh? I hope this is an anomaly and rest of the year is on par. My two favorite ongoing games are this and Street Fighter 5 and both seem to have maybe started pumping the brakes.
as far as i can tell they are either reforming the game mode or slowing down on maps, hard to tell when 2CP is such a controverse mode

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
as far as i can tell they are either reforming the game mode or slowing down on maps, hard to tell when 2CP is such a controverse mode

What if I told you Blizzard no longer cares about updating the game with maps/events and rather focus on their e-sports?

Another year of rehash incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.