• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
What if I told you Blizzard no longer cares about updating the game with maps/events and rather focus on their e-sports?

Another year of rehash incoming.

I feel this is sorta bad logic, since maps are an integral part of esports, so they want to get more of those.

It's the events that they're pretty meh on.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
i haven't played as much of any other multiplayer game out there, so i'm 100% speaking out of ignorance here, but overwatch has got to have the most selfish, petulant, and downright idiotic playerbase.

yes, i am tilted by a 7-game losing streak if you can't tell

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
tumblr_inline_plhx8myyb31s8og1p_400.gif

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
i haven't played as much of any other multiplayer game out there, so i'm 100% speaking out of ignorance here, but overwatch has got to have the most selfish, petulant, and downright idiotic playerbase.

It's the most toxic player base I have ever been apart of and I ask myself everyday why do I still play it/put up with this?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So I was playing QP on Anubis last night, and ran up against two gold portrait players, so naturally two of the lower ranked people on our team just didn't play because Overwatch, so when it came to the attacking round, I decided to do the sensible thing and pick attack Bastion, and I ended up getting one of the stupidest kill streaks I've ever got on this game.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Overwatch desperately needs a 2-2-2 role queue or the game is going to die (more than it already has). Thanks for attending my TED Talk.
If you want a 2-2-2 role queue, just use the "looking for a group" feature, and select a group with specified roles. The game will limit your character choices (tank, heal, dps) to the specific role you chose when joining the group, so you're guaranteed to have a 2-2-2 team composition.

SideNote: Select a group that requires mics for a better experience.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
It's the most toxic player base I have ever been apart of and I ask myself everyday why do I still play it/put up with this?

Same, and I'm at over a thousand hours and counting because apparently I hate myself. Fuck you to that smurf account who locked Rein and stayed at spawn, literally shaking their head in front of me as they refused to leave the room for some perceived slight, even after we won a team fight without their help. Just a straight-up garbage player.

Also I stick with Overwatch because when Overwatch is good, it's damn good! When actual teamwork is happening, it's such an exhilarating experience. Too bad it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. The one game that broke my losing streak wasn't even great because a player on the enemy team left. I don't enjoy those victories at all!

Anyway, almost back to diamond again. I'm also convinced this SR range is the absolute worst with so many other tilted Plat players that are close to ranking up mixed in with frustrated and highly egotistical low Diamond players that are plummeting in rank. It's the perfect combination of negative emotions and mentalities. The grind to get past it is gonna be soooooo hard.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
oh god. i have to play this game over the weekend. forgot i need to get the ana skin for my other accounts. why does it have to end so soon.

been on the Dreams Beta for ps4.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Same, and I'm at over a thousand hours and counting because apparently I hate myself. Fuck you to that smurf account who locked Rein and stayed at spawn, literally shaking their head in front of me as they refused to leave the room for some perceived slight, even after we won a team fight without their help. Just a straight-up garbage player.

Also I stick with Overwatch because when Overwatch is good, it's damn good! When actual teamwork is happening, it's such an exhilarating experience. Too bad it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. The one game that broke my losing streak wasn't even great because a player on the enemy team left. I don't enjoy those victories at all!

Anyway, almost back to diamond again. I'm also convinced this SR range is the absolute worst with so many other tilted Plat players that are close to ranking up mixed in with frustrated and highly egotistical low Diamond players that are plummeting in rank. It's the perfect combination of negative emotions and mentalities. The grind to get past it is gonna be soooooo hard.

You and me both. When it's firing on all cylinders and people are clicking then it's a fantastic game but those moments are few and far between in solo queue.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
The rarest thing in overwatch is losing a game and not feeling like it was because someone(s) hard threw/botted out. Happens about twice every 6 hour session. Those are the games I live for.

optimus8936

Oct 25, 2017
If you want a 2-2-2 role queue, just use the "looking for a group" feature, and select a group with specified roles. The game will limit your character choices (tank, heal, dps) to the specific role you chose when joining the group, so you're guaranteed to have a 2-2-2 team composition.

The feature that nobody uses?

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Question: If you join Competitive as a group, do you:
1) gain less SR for Victories​
2) lose more SR for Defeats​
I thought I read something like that, but not 100% sure?
The feature that nobody uses?
Lol, I know nobody uses LFG at higher ranks, but at the lower ranks (Gold & below) it's fairly easy to find a LFG group.

It's even more effective for those of us at lower ranks because, many players don't understand basic team compositions like 2-2-2.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK

Except you still get leavers and throwers.

And I mean, I've tried LFG, with roles locked or unlocked, with mics on, with endorsement levels. Nothing works to get a good game.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's the most toxic game I've played by a mile. I thought DOTA2 was bad at times but Overwatch is numero uno

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I always hear conflicting reports on which game is the MOST toxic. Opinions are largely influenced by whomever plays which game the most, but even from people who supposedly were deeply into multiple online games say different things about the respective player base toxicity levels

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I always hear conflicting reports on which game is the MOST toxic. Opinions are largely influenced by whomever plays which game the most, but even from people who supposedly were deeply into multiple online games say different things about the respective player base toxicity levels
Yeah I don't generally experience this apocalyptic scale that people talk about. It's actually been pretty chill.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely proud of myself and you all should be proud for me:

sbGjMNbh.jpg

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess Ashe is the new Widow? The new hero that 99.9% of people can't play but decide to throw with anyway because they feel like having some hitscan fun?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone in gold-plat range want to duo/trio comp this weekend? I didn't have time to play during the week and I want to get some comp games in, and solo queuing on the weekend is a bad idea.

Yeah I don't generally experience this apocalyptic scale that people talk about. It's actually been pretty chill.

Same, I get maybe one toxic person a week. Two if I play a lot. Though I also just ignore/mute them.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Question: If you queue for Competitive as a team/LFG (instead of solo), do you:
1) gain less SR for victories​
2) lose more SR for defeats​
I think I read that somewhere but not 100% sure?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Games are weird tonight. I'm getting matched with bots on both teams. I've won 6 out of my 7 QP games. I'm sure comp would be the opposite, because of course it would.

Question: If you queue for Competitive as a team/LFG (instead of solo), do you:
1) gain less SR for victories​
2) lose more SR for defeats​
I think I read that somewhere but not 100% sure?

I think it has to do with your SR and the team/match average SR. If you're grouped with a lot of lower ranked people you'll gain less and lose more.

Last edited:

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Why is it that after successfully holding a choke point for two minutes, some people assume that you can spawn camp the other team and break formation so that the others can slip past the choke and capture the point as we scramble to team up again?

Nov 14, 2017

I had a 5 game loosing streak this week where every match we had a leaver, AFK, or troll. In one of them the thrower was in game chat and rather than just scream abuse like they usually do, they straight up said they wanted to get their smurf down to bronze. Like, if all the trolls just joined together, they could 6 stack their way down to bronze much faster, but they're all just so toxic there's no way they could stick together long enough.

Why is it that after successfully holding a choke point for two minutes, some people assume that you can spawn camp the other team and break formation so that the others can slip past the choke and capture the point as we scramble to team up again?
I had a match recently which was myself and a friend, another two stack, and two randoms. I instalocked support as usual, but the other stack both went DPS along with one of the randoms. One random went healer, but lacking any tank my friend figured we'd lost, so he went DPS too. We actually held them in spawn for ages, until they went goats and pushed at which point we were screwed.

The two stack game into game chat to start cussing us out, saying they were master rank smurfs, and blaming us for the fact we were getting rolled. My friend who is also a master rank on his smurf (he only plays that account to queue with me in plat) was like 'dude, the reason we're getting rolled is because they went goats and we don't have a comp'. Like, how can two players be in masters and not get that goats is a threat, even if they are playing 1k SR beneath their rank?
It's the most toxic game I've played by a mile. I thought DOTA2 was bad at times but Overwatch is numero uno
Can confirm. Overwatch is more toxic than DOTA 2.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
ive always thought these ppl were just complainers but wow there really is an absurd amount of boops in this game.

and also brig is so broken wow

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except you still get leavers and throwers.

And I mean, I've tried LFG, with roles locked or unlocked, with mics on, with endorsement levels. Nothing works to get a good game.
Same, spent like 15 minutes building a team before, everyone on mics, seems friendly. Lose one team fight and suddenly insults everywhere, someone quits mid game, we lose and team disbands instantly. Not even an isolated case.

May as well solo queue, same BS but don't waste time trying to pretend the community not shit.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I really want an area denial tank for OW and i'll be happy

honestly since HOTS is dead can we just make Blaze into an OW hero?
Firebat-HotS-Header.png

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Console Widows with KB/M are ruining ranked. Almost every other match in Diamond on PS4 is a Widow with such precise aim that it's just auto death for anything with under 300 Health. Ashe is also getting the brunt of these types of players. Just a horrible character in general to add at this point of the game. Reporting doesn't work. This is a huge problem.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
is this the year tracer gets a new skin

First of all, don't get that hope on me. After two years it's just... sigh...

Second, if she does I'd bet money that it's not something nice in the vein of McCree/Widow/Mei. It'll be one of those kinda fugly Blizzard Superhero-y skins like Pharah. Or Lu Bu Reaper.

Lu Bu Reaper looks like If Reaper Were A Michael Bay Transforner.

Nothankyou.jpg

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I remember I used to complain all the time about Tracer getting ANOTHER new skin lol.

But it's been more than long enough. I've mellowed out. She needs a new skin.

Mercy is the one who needs a break now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.