• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
if nothing else, the new art on the packaging for these figures is nice
full gallery here
OVERWATCH-ULTIMATES-SERIES-6-INCH-Figure-Assortment-Lucio-oop-3-pckging.jpg
Question: I own OverWatch on PS4 (disc), but saw that the digital version was on sale for $30 during the OWL, so I was wondering:
  1. Is there any performance improvement (loading, framerate) with the digital version versus the disc version?
  2. Will the Legendary Edition lootBox *bonuses* be added to my account with the digital version, even though I already redeemed the disc version?
1. is a no
2. looks like the legendary edition doesn't include loot boxes but ten skins, I couldn't find much about this, I'd just assume you wouldn't get them

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: I own OverWatch on PS4 (disc), but saw that the digital version was on sale for $30 during the OWL, so I was wondering:
  1. Is there any performance improvement (loading, framerate) with the digital version versus the disc version?
  2. Will the Legendary Edition lootBox *bonuses* be added to my account with the digital version, even though I already redeemed the disc version?
PS4 fully installs games to HDD, then runs from that, disc is basically just a key to prove you still own the game. Is no performance difference between any disc and digital version of a game.

It not worth buying the Legendary edition if own any Overwatch version, half the bonus skins are in every PS4 copy anyway, the others are 1k Gold non event unlocks. Be better wasting your money just straight up buying loot boxes.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
went 7-3 on my alt.
didn't realize i did that well. now i have my last account to do. i think its 1-1 right now.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Omg, I hate CTF so much, but I still got like 7 placement matches left, so I can get the competitive points. >_<
PS4 fully installs games to HDD, then runs from that, disc is basically just a key to prove you still own the game. Is no performance difference between any disc and digital version of a game.

It not worth buying the Legendary edition if own any Overwatch version, half the bonus skins are in every PS4 copy anyway, the others are 1k Gold non event unlocks. Be better wasting your money just straight up buying loot boxes.
Dam, I wish I knew before that games play from the HDD, I thought games play from the disc, so I got the digital thinking it would be less wear-&-tear on the PS4.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
lol. bad enemy team. i switched off moira after ult so i can build up trans for the grav they had. they don't realize i switch and wasted time and should have grav. i ended up building trans up to 92% from the quick dinks as they were trying to group up.they nano blade thinking i would trans (lol like i had it yet) but our zarya grav him because he was coming for me. so they wasted those 2 ults. we were up but and i died trying to get back to my team but their zarya just threw the grav on to the tanks with no real followup when we were up in numbers.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Tracer's is the best of the event, I like it but I also know I wouldn't use it over her other skins

I got my eyes on Cadet Oxton this year too

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. Finished placement on last alt. Ended up 7-3. the same as first alt and both placed around the same sr

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
3720 CTF.

Only played I think 2 games after placements. Just don't fancy it as much as regular comp.

Mar 19, 2018
I just recently bought OW on my Xbox to play with friends (I played for 100+ hours on PC). Is there an optimal way to level up solo so I can play ranked with them?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I guess I'm taking a break? Even though it's an event and there are skins to be had, last night was the first time I've logged in to play Arcade in almost two weeks, and after 3-4 rounds of Mystery Heroes the game disconnected as we were pushing the payload on 66. Instead of trying to get back in, I logged off and watched a movie.

I dunno. Lots of cool Lunar skins I don't have, but I don't feel like making an effort to get them.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
What Overwatch really, really needs, before anything else, is a proper fucking tutorial mode. A tutorial mode where it actually explains that you're supposed to wait for your team to group up before you rush the point after respawning, for example.
Yes exactly, OverWatch's [Soldier] tutorial is just pure shit and doesn't cover any of the basic fundamentals of the game:
  • Team Composition
  • Grouping Up
  • ULT Management/Combos
  • Main/Off Tanks & Healers
  • Hero Counters/Advantages, etc.
The tutorial level basically show you how to move, aim and activate your ULT, then throws you into the game with 30 unique characters all with different weapons, abilities & ULTs. I shouldn't have to spend countless hours watching "how to play" & "coaching" videos on youTube just to learn the the rudimentary gameplay mechanics of a specific character, when they could/should do that in-game.

Last edited:

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Chance

How does the ending makes you feel?

Like someone's angling for a vid of Brig kills. Well I'll not be so easily seduced! Come at me with some Sym and Torb and then you'll really get my hackles up.

Bullshit heroes.

Edit: oh also - just now:

30jnyr117dzm.jpg

I had no idea this was a thing. I don't think I've ever seen or noticed a card for this.

My brother got the elims card and I was momentarily deflated, 'cause I had gold elims & damage, and I look over and whaaaaa..?

Last edited:

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Torb is fine now honestly. Symm? Annoying but manageable. Mei? Takes a team effort just to kill her. Fuck Mei.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another event another ZERO legendaries (skins) from earned lootboxes. Ever since the rumours of winding the game down and layoffs last year it's been like this. No legendaries except gold, which I'm pretty sure just my base game rolls since few of those ever.

I'm 100% sure they changed the odds on free boxes. This is like the 4th event in a row now.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Another event another ZERO legendaries (skins) from earned lootboxes. Ever since the rumours of winding the game down and layoffs last year it's been like this. No legendaries except gold, which I'm pretty sure just my base game rolls since few of those ever.

I'm 100% sure they changed the odds on free boxes. This is like the 4th event in a row now.
How is this even possible? How many boxes you opened since the event started?

I am only missing Reaper and Zen. Got all the other Legendary and Epic items.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Down in Silver you normally don't get GOATS, or if someone suggests so someone else plays Hog or something. It's a rarity to even come up against GOATS. Yesterday was the first time I played a standards GOATS vs GOATS. It was fun but jeez, it feels like a struggle to kill anything. Definitely see where there increased teamwork aspect comes into play in relying on heavy focus from your tanks and topups from your healers.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
obs wasn't streaming even when i went "live". so i played for 2 hours last night only to find out it didn't broadcast anywhere. RIP. it was a good night too.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Like 40-50. I do get legendaries but it's just Gold. But pretty sure they non event rolls as not getting new skins from that.

Bad luck. I don't remember the last time I got consecutive gold rolls on my legendaries, but it's not common. My luck this time was 'go through around 30 boxes with no legendaries and then get a handful in the span of a few boxes'. I got one gold roll. The rest were skins.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad luck. I don't remember the last time I got consecutive gold rolls on my legendaries, but it's not common. My luck this time was 'go through around 30 boxes with no legendaries and then get a handful in the span of a few boxes'. I got one gold roll. The rest were skins.
It's happened for like the last four events, and in timing with the rumoured layoff and winding down threat, which turns out just happened. Also I then read this today.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk//2019/02/19/people-are-buying-fewer-overwatch-loot-boxes-and-hearthstone-packs

I also noticed long ago they seemed to undo that patch that meant to ditch dupes when got stuff to unlock, since after playing for 2.5 years I still have a load of base game stuff to unlock but it gives me dupes most of the time still.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also noticed long ago they seemed to undo that patch that meant to ditch dupes when got stuff to unlock, since after playing for 2.5 years I still have a load of base game stuff to unlock but it gives me dupes most of the time still.

They definitely didn't undo any changes to the loot box drop system. The vast majority of my drops are for Ashe or Hammond, because I have the fewest items for them and therefore the highest chance of getting their items when duplicates are removed.

Don't read too much into a bad run of RNG.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Overwatch Retail Patch Notes – February 19, 2019
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

New Map – Paris

Paris, an elegant city of art and romance, is the home of our newest Assault map.

Begin your journey at the Cabaret Luna, where the velvety alto voice of preeminent diva Luna charms movie stars, revolutionaries, locals, and tourists alike. After the encore, step outside to see the sights and seize victory. Artisanal shops line the streets as you approach the first point, so duck in to sample a macaron or escape enemy fire. Battle through alleys and corridors before clashing with your foes on the banks of the Seine. Once you establish dominance over your adversaries, make your way to Maison Marat and deliver the coup-de-grâce.

HERO UPDATES
General

• Non-recoverable health, shields, and armor are now consumed before recoverable health, shields, and armor
    • Previous priority order: non-recoverable shields, recoverable shields, non-recoverable armor, recoverable armor, non-recoverable health, and recoverable health
    • New priority order: non-recoverable shields, non-recoverable armor, non-recoverable health, recoverable shields, recoverable armor, and recoverable health
Developer Comments: In Overwatch, a health type order determines the prioritization of subtracting health, shield, or armor types when a hero takes damage. For example, if a hero has recoverable shields and takes damage, the damage taken will diminish the recoverable shield before it subtracts from their recoverable health. Previously, it was possible for heroes' recoverable shields to be prioritized for damage and regeneration, allowing their non-recoverable armor to persist. With the order adjustment, heroes who have been granted non-recoverable armor or shields will now consume those resources before recoverable health, armor, or shields.

GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAMES UPDATES
General

• Players can appoint lobby ownership to other players in custom games
BUG FIXES
Arcade

• Fixed a bug in Mystery Heroes that caused the HUD to display an "Unspecified" notification when transitioning from Skirmish to a match
Heroes

General

• Fixed a bug that caused heroes to use the "Behind You" voice line if affected by a damage over time ability
Ashe

• Fixed a bug that prevented the lit fuse on Ashe's dynamite from being visible if it was deflected by Genji
  • Fixed a bug that caused Mercy or Ana to see a skull hit marker on their screen if they were healing Ashe when she detonated her dynamite
  • Fixed a bug that caused the lever on Ashe's rifle to slip out of her hands when she used her Flourish emote
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ashe's rifle to glow significantly brighter when hit with Ana's Nano Boost
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ashe's reload to cancel if she used the "Hello" emote
D.Va

• Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va from being visible to teammates if her Junker or Scavenger skins were equipped
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the flags on D.Va's mech from animating during her Lying Around highlight intro if her Junker or Scavenger skins were equipped
Hanzo

• Fixed a bug that caused the arrow arcs of Hanzo's Storm Arrow ability to be visually incorrect
Junkrat

• Fixed a bug with Junkrat's Mine Like a Steel Trap achievement that prevented Ashe's Bob from counting as a valid target
  • Fixed a bug that caused the tail on Junkrat's Krampus skin to clip into the ground during his Shot Put highlight intro
Mei

• Fixed a bug that caused Mei's hat to fold into itself when she used Cryo-Freeze with the Mei-rry skin equipped
  • Fixed a bug that caused Bob to stop attacking Mei if she used Cyro-Freeze on top of his head
Reaper

• Fixed a bug that caused Reaper's shoulder to clip through his collar during the Executioner highlight intro if his Lü Bu skin was equipped
Reinhardt

• Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt's Earthshatter from hitting an enemy if they were pinned by his charge but survived after traveling the maximum distance
  • Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt's Rocket Hammer to make a hammer sound rather a blade impact sound if his Guan Yu skin was equipped
Soldier: 76

• Fixed a bug that caused the visual effects for Soldier: 76's Tactical Visor to persist after the ability ended if the Ultimate Duration slider was set above 100% in a custom game
Symmetra

• Fixed a bug where Symmetra's teleporter could be used to reach unintended locations
  • Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra's turrets to float in midair after being teleported onto a moving object
Hero Gallery

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from previewing Orisa's Supercharger in the Hero Gallery
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players from rotating hero models in the Hero Gallery if the Mouse 1 button was bound to a keybind in the Miscellaneous section
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Owned and Unowned filters from displaying accurate results in the Hero Gallery
Game Browser and Custom Games

• Fixed a bug that prevented players from using the word "support" in the Game Browser
  • Fixed a bug that caused a backfill player to become a spectator if a group leader rejoined the match after leaving
Maps

• Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to throw her Translocator to unintended locations in Blizzard World
  • Fixed a bug that caused heroes to clip into a railing when spawning in Château Guillard
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to throw her Translocator through a certain wall in Dorado
  • Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra's turrets to attach to the wall behind her rather than the intended target in Numbani
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ashe's Bob to instantly break destructible tiles on Petra
Social

• Fixed a bug that prevented an accurate error message from appearing when a player tried to accept a friend invite if their friend list was full
UI

• Fixed a bug that caused performance issues whenever the kill feed updated
  • Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist's ultimate indicator to float in the spectator UI when Meteor Strike was fully charged
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Quick Melee icons from displaying in the kill feed
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the "Draw" notification from displaying color blind colors
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the melee icon from appearing in the kill feed after eliminating training bots, Torbjörn's turret, Orisa's Supercharger, D.Va's mech, and Ashe's Bob

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017

That's just not true. The dupeless rule applies to only drops of that particular type, and the lootbox system is designed to assign rarity of loot before the actual item. Meaning you could be missing only an orange but your box can be set to contain only grays and blues so you're SOL.

This is all rather obvious though so I don't know how you could get confused on it. I can imagine something like this happened to you, but I can only think of a situation where you get a lootbox, buy a cosmetic before opening the box, and then open the box to discover the cosmetic you bought when you were still missing another of the same type. That's really stupid though. I can't think of anything else though.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps there's a "Paris only" arcade mode again?
I remember when the last map came out (was it Rialto or Busan? It feels like half a century lmao) it took me almost a month till I got it in QP.
there definitely is/was for new maps but i don't do arcade. its qp or rank. and the only time i do arcade is just for some ana paintball or get booted in a widow HS only room.

Status
Not open for further replies.