• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
my ana was good. built up the nano in less than 20 seconds. our rein was surprised. i mean theres rein and hammond on point. of course i'll have it up. and of course i'll nano you without notice so i can run away for abit

i had nano up every minute or so. got great value out of them. mostly to let aggro rein have it. sometimes i gave it to the genji and pharah during their ult.
17K healing, 35% team damage. thats even with the lucio on top of the tanks.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my cousin and I are playing together for Mystery Here's. He is playing as a part of the free weekend but my god the queue times are insane. We've been in queue for like 5+ minutes.

Is it cause I play the game regularly but this is his first time?

That could be it, but also many people are playing the event for free lootboxes, meaning Mystery Heroes (the usual "screw around for free lootboxes" mode) isn't being played as much.

I've also strongly argued against using Mystery Heroes as a tutorial mode so you might want to just jump into Quickplay and show him the ropes.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Straight dumpster fire. don't lock dps. they literally ran solo hog and the rest were a bunch of squishies. like if that doesn't spell widow playground then i don't know what. oh right. our widow was shit along with the junk.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
play quick play, stuck with a stack of dps smurfs who spam need healing all match

load up find a group, only qp groups are "looking for 15 year old egirl" and "happy birthday hitler"

wonderful community, truly

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
4 games in a row where we had 4 people play dps and refuse to switch off. I offered to flex to anything. Nope theyre all sticking to 4 dps. Its crazy that you just cant play this game during certain times of the week/day without having this be a constant problem while being punished for it. I just wanted to play some comp on my main account.

5th game, "notasmurf49" quits half way into the match, loss. Yeah no Blizz thank you for dropping me out of master for this.

Last edited:

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
made my own groups and had some good qp matches
for once there were very few people leaving when matchmaking takes a minute or two, presumably cuz people want that xp bonus lol

last match was a hollywood defense where I played Symm- 40 elims, 10k damage, three golds, potg, and a bunch of endorsements

tumblr_oj47avGDrq1ujvfd5o1_500.gif

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
play quick play, stuck with a stack of dps smurfs who spam need healing all match

load up find a group, only qp groups are "looking for 15 year old egirl" and "happy birthday hitler"

wonderful community, truly
I played QP today as well. We had great teams, balanced comps, people were in voice, wished each other happy easter.

Wonderful community, truly.

Stop cherrypicking negatives and extrapolating that to the entire community, it's trash.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Twitter, Reddit, Official Forums, patch notes posted in battle.net, videos for bigger patches, PTR updates. I guess they could post a notification on the main menu, but to say they do a horrible job is just simple wrong and overreacting.
The problem is that only hardcore gamers will go online to read patch notes, while everyone else will have no idea of the various hero balance updates.

They should add a "What's New" button to the menu for Patches (like they do for cosmetics), with a slideshow of the character updates/changes:
screenshot_2019-04-217fjnu.png

screenshot_2019-04-214gkht.png

(ScreenShots taken from the Patch 1.34 Highlights video)
Hah, I tried this earlier and was sorta surprised that it did exactly what you said.

Also no SR penalty that I've ever heard of.
Kool, that tactic is especially good for those YOLO ReinHarts that charge directly into the middle of the enemy team lol.

That's good to know there's no SR penalty for using groups, I hate when I lose a match solely because of bad team comps.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I played QP today as well. We had great teams, balanced comps, people were in voice, wished each other happy easter.

Wonderful community, truly.

Stop cherrypicking negatives and extrapolating that to the entire community, it's trash.
sorry for being unhappy that me trying to find a good find a game led to being greeted by pedos and hitler fans I guess? really awful of me

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
sorry for being unhappy that me trying to find a good find a game led to being greeted by pedos and hitler fans I guess? really awful of me
But he's right. The community shouldn't be judged by outliers. I too have good experiences mainly and don't call the community trash because of random idiots.

Last edited:

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
But he's right. The community should be judged by outliers. I too have good experiences mainly and don't call the community trash because of random idiots.
I don't think a sarcastic "wonderful community" after having (once again) an overwhelming negative experience with this game's community's usage of LFG group names is the same as saying "everyone who plays overwatch is an irredeemable garbage person" but ok

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I don't think a sarcastic "wonderful community" after having (once again) an overwhelming negative experience with this game's community's usage of LFG group names is the same as saying "everyone who plays overwatch is an irredeemable garbage person" but ok
It didn't read sarcastic which is why you're getting blowback. It's pure nonsense.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I'm grinding my second account to level 25 so I can play Competitive, but it's so dam tedious. I'm using "find group" so I get the 20% XP bonus, but does anyone have any other tips or suggestions to gain more EXP quicker?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Trash because i get a game where the only person that can actually tank is me and literal trash because with 3 heals they can't do a their job to keep the carry alive.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I had really, really good games today with full stacks. I played with two groups that actually stayed together for more than one or two games. Everyone was nice, talking, joking... etc. But this happens so rare that i am still not sure was it just a dream or reality...

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
No one said they were. I said your pronouncements are. The negativity is coming from you not the community.
dude

I loaded up this game, got stuck with toxic teammates

I go into LFG instead and was greeted by a hitler "joke" and someone trying to pick up underage girls

is my displeasure over this really so controversial to you? like, what do you think you're even defending here?

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I did the play the coop mission for the Mercy spray, people so salty to be Mercy they didnt heal and just used the pistol, ult and shoot from the sky on all the chances I picked the other members.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pulling out Bastion stills works at high plat / low diamond. Lol. Surprised. Teams still don't know how to react once the Reins shield is broken.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Hamster is FUN.

The feel of momentum is perfect for people who played Pathfinder in Apex Legends.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Hey guys it's only 8 days left in the competitive season, so grind to your best SR rank while you still can. I've been stuck in Gold elo hell this entire season. >_<
is this the day everyone just fights to play trashy dps and no tank? im just going to go ahead and play dps at this point.
Hmm...from your posts it seems like bad team comps are your main problem, so why don't you use "find group" instead of solo-queue?

Btw, I'm curious what rank are you?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Hey guys it's only 8 days left in the competitive season, so grind to your best SR rank while you still can. I've been stuck in Gold elo hell this entire season. >_<

Already? I haven't even done placements. I better do them this week before the end of the season gets too close. Darn you school for taking all my time.

Since I haven't been playing as much, I expect to place low gold. I finished at like 2150 last season after dropping 200 SR. Feels bad

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember lore teasing Sombra finding evidence of some vast conspiracy. What was it? Don't know. Is that why she blackmailed the CEO of Volskaya industries? 2 years later and we still don't have an answer for that.

Blizzard likes teasing all these interesting plotlines and characters but never gives the fans a payoff. Hell, we probably won't see that new omnic character until next year. And already you have people theorizing that he had something to do with the omnic crisis. Fans might as well be creating the lore at this point.

To me Overwatch doesn't have a story, especially since none of it is in the game.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Finally played the new archives mission, everything about the ending just raises further questions to me for a period in the past no less.
So par for the course then.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...from your posts it seems like bad team comps are your main problem, so why don't you use "find group" instead of solo-queue?

Btw, I'm curious what rank are you?
its just a few games out of many. no one got time to talk about the good players. ;P

i still will prefer SoloQ just so i can attempt to fix the mess ive been given ;P

im sitting at 2850ish at the moment. it's been going up/down 500sr when it wants to.

this season has me filling more but at times its hard when its 3-dps and no support or tank, or, wrong support going into team comp. (eg moira trying to heal dive comp. like really. lets think about your choices) or dps support. i get you can build up ult charges but you got beefy tanks that need healing. don't just heal when they just died.

But my 2 alts like 200 levels in is mid diamond just playing zen/ana on both accounts. one of the alt is more flexy.

anyways since Season is almost over i'll try out LFG during placement and see how that works.

This season my hours placed is almost dead even with zen, ana and orisa.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is fun but sometimes the loop gets annoying of going from 3000 lose one match and you're down to 2900 again. Win to go back up to 2943 then lose to 2900 again.

I know. It's the grind. But when you're healing and all you can really do is heal you start to wonder if you wanna just start killing players instead of being stuck with support.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Decided to turn on the PS4 for the first time in months, and there's a 24 gig Overwatch update. Da fuuuuuuck?

Btw, the last time I played OW was when they added Moira, so I've got a lot of catching up to do methinks...

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
^^^ Before you jump into a new game go to training to learn/understand the new characters. Many heroes have had balance nerfs/buffs or a complete reWork (ie. Torb).
im sitting at 2850ish at the moment. it's been going up/down 500sr when it wants to.

this season has me filling more but at times its hard when its 3-dps and no support or tank, or, wrong support going into team comp. (eg moira trying to heal dive comp. like really. lets think about your choices) or dps support. i get you can build up ult charges but you got beefy tanks that need healing. don't just heal when they just died.

anyways since Season is almost over i'll try out LFG during placement and see how that works.
I'm in the mid-ranks too at 2400, but I wonder if bad team comps are a result of:
a) players not understanding good team compositions​
b) players just dgaf and play what they want​

The best part of LFG is that everyone will have a mic and you're guranteed a 2-2-2 so you won't have to fill/flex (bad team comps is the #1 reason I tilt).
I know. It's the grind. But when you're healing and all you can really do is heal you start to wonder if you wanna just start killing players instead of being stuck with support.
I'm a healer main too so I know your pain of feeling helpless, like on attack-2CP when you're team just stands in the choke instead of advancing.

If my dps are ineffective I usually just go Brigitte to assist with damage output.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
^^^ Before you jump into a new game go to training to learn/understand the new characters. Many heroes have had balance nerfs/buffs or a complete reWork (ie. Torb).

I'm in the mid-ranks too at 2400, but I wonder if bad team comps are a result of:
a) players not understanding good team compositions​
b) players just dgaf and play what they want​

The best part of LFG is that everyone will have a mic and you're guranteed a 2-2-2 so you won't have to fill/flex (bad team comps is the #1 reason I tilt).
I'm a healer main too so I know your pain of feeling helpless, like on attack-2CP when you're team just stands in the choke instead of advancing.

If my dps are ineffective I usually just go Brigitte to assist with damage output.
but what if your dps is snipers (widow, hanzo, ashe) that dont go in cqc?

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Man, now that scatter arrow is gone, fan the hammer (plus a flashbang) is the worst ability in the game. It just feels cheap whenever I get hit by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.