• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I main tank. Climed 300 SR last night. Today I just get trash teammates who are barely master one trick mercy mains telling me how to play rein. Like please leave team chat.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
So what are your best heroes in each Slot? Then who's your best most effective hero overall?

*Tank
Winston
Orisa
Hammond

*Support
Lucio
Baptiste
Moira

*Damage
Sombra
Symmetra
(Ashe)
(Mei)

Overall as Sombra I can say I'm fairly excellent as far as effect, game sense, and strategy. I can definitely credit watching Fitzyhere in getting me this damn good.

Winston my best tank, and Lucio my overall best support.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are your best heroes in each Slot? Then who's your best most effective hero overall?

*Tank
Winston
Orisa
Hammond

*Support
Lucio
Baptiste
Moira

*Damage
Sombra
Symmetra
(Ashe)
(Mei)

Overall as Sombra I can say I'm fairly excellent as far as effect, game sense, and strategy. I can definitely credit watching Fitzyhere in getting me this damn good.

Tank
D.Va (my main and most effective hero since the beta)
Zarya
Winston

Support
Mercy
Moira
Zenyatta

Damage
Tracer
Sombra
Soldier: 76

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

*Tank
Winston
Orisa
Hammond

*Support
Lucio
Baptiste
Moira

*Damage
Sombra
Symmetra
(Ashe)
(Mei)

Here's mine, but only including heroes I'd actually play in comp. About 70% of the time I'm playing support, then 25% tanks, 5% dps.

*Tank
Orisa
Winston
Roadhog
Reinhardt
Dva

*Support
Zenyatta
Moira
Mercy
Ana
Lucio

*Damage
Pharah
Mccree
Soldier 76
Reaper
Junkrat
Widowmaker

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I should note that I basically only play tanks in competitive unless there's a dire need for a healer. I don't feel comfortable enough with any DPS character to play them competitively.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I should note that I basically only play tanks in competitive unless there's a dire need for a healer. I don't feel comfortable enough with any DPS character to play them competitively.

This sentence I close to how I feel but swap support and tanks. I can fill on tank but stick to support if I can. While I can dps, I'm too inconsistent so I avoid it if I can. I play maybe 1 or 2 games as dps per season. One game I can pop off as mccree, but then the next I do absolutely nothing.

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
In Comp I feel comfortable with Sombra, my three thanks, and Lucio/Baptiste. Occasionally map based Symm wrecks faces.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Tank:
Reinhardt
Winston

Healer:
Baptiste
Zenyatta
Brigitte
Ana
Moira

DPS:
S76

Would almost never impose my DPS on any poor comp team. Honestly, even looking at this list, I feel like it's too big - I am not equivalently skilled at all of these heroes. And if I'm being frank, I think anyone with a similarly-sized or larger list is either lying to themselves or being facetiously boastful. You're only really good at your small handful of mains, and you can be competent at off-roles/off-heroes - but those should be last-ditch choices for you. Alternatively, you're handicapping your own potential by forcing yourself onto roles/healers you don't have a natural or trained affinity for.

Love seeing people with off meta heroes!
I feel like there's no defined meta right now.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
im trying to figure out the throw with the rein. like theres 5 people trying to make it past the enemy and hes the one with the shield but he's not bothering with waiting for anyone but himself.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
*Tank
Reinhardt
Orisa
Winston
Zarya

*Support
Brigitte
Moira

*Damage
Pharah
Mei

Rein is most-likely my best hero, and who I play almost exclusively in competitive right now. I used to be a Pharah one-trick, but after taking a break from the game my mechanics on her have taken a dive, so I'm mostly a main tank player these days.

Last edited:

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

*Tank
Winston
Orisa
Hammond

*Support
Lucio
Baptiste
Moira

*Damage
Sombra
Symmetra
(Ashe)
(Mei)

*Tank
Orisa/Reinhardt
Wrecking Ball
D.Va

*Support
Lucio
Zenyatta
Ana

*Damage
Mei
WidowMaker
Torbjorn
Soldier: 76

Overall, I'm definitely much more comfortable playing Reinhardt and Wrecking Ball for Tanks, and Mei has always been my go-to DPS (map dependent). I absolutely suck playing Winston, so Hammond is more my speed (especially when I have to solo tank with triple/quad DPS comps). Lucio has always been my go-to Support, but I'm pretty comfortable with playing any of them (with Mercy being my weakest).

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
For me it's probably:

*Support:
-Moira
-Mercy
-Ana
-Brigitte

*Damage:
-Ashe
-Reaper
-Sombra
-Mei
-Pharah

*Tank:
-D.Va
-Zarya
-Orisa

Overall and because i am playing her the most since she was released i think that i am the best with Moira. I can do a lot of healing, keep my teammates alive and also defend myself and stay alive during the match. Mercy is also very close 2nd.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's just Zarya and Zenyatta. Lol. I've one tricked my way through matches with Bastion but it's not something I risk too often.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit. its one of those rare 1 in a million games in rank where i get to dps. was hoping to do tank only this season. but a 3 stack wanted to play off tanks.

so i was a bit rusty with tracer going in. even though we didn't get the first map on oasis. i switched to soldier the last 2 rounds and made up for it. even got POTG as tracer. it was so dumb. not because i stuck genji and he ended up killing zen in the process. its the face i just walked by a zarya like a bot and went to point LOL

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Support:
Mercy & Zen (although I'm getting pretty decent with Baptiste)

Tank:
Orisa is my jam, but I'm working on my Wrecking Ball game as well

DPS:
Sombra & Soldier 76 are my go to's and I'm starting to pick up Ashe

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

*Tank
Winston
Orisa
Hammond

*Support
Lucio
Baptiste
Moira

*Damage
Sombra
Symmetra
(Ashe)
(Mei)

I'm rusty as hell but from what i remembered on ps4:
Support:
Lúcio
Ana
Moira
*my best class but my zen got so bad i'd rather play ana as I can land them sleeps lol, can't vouch for my baptiste

Tank:
D.va
Winston

Dps:
Soldier
Symmetra
McCree(trust me, it's weird, but he's really my third best when i hit a good day lol)

bear force one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I love how Baptiste can help your team easily take a rough corner solely with his Immortality Field. What a cool strategic ability.

xaosslug

Oct 27, 2017
TANK
D'Va
Zarya

SUPPORT
Moira
Ana
Zenyatta

DAMAGE
Mei
Bastion
Sombra
Symmetra

my most effective/goto characters are D'Va and Mei. Thanks to Total Mayhem I've become competent and confident playing Mei in qp and comp. I play Sym all day every day in TM, but still am not confident in my ability enough to rock her in qp or comp.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Man, playing QP tonight I've been getting nothing but groups in all my games. Somehow got a GM and Plat duo in one of my games and we were getting rolled, so this duo start talking shit immediately.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
played zen on junkertown defense with a mercy (qp). they were dealing too much damage for her to heal. asked if can go moira. i agreed when i died. but i never really died so she switched to ana and then moira. lol. thank god for high ground and leaving me uncontested.

also in other news. i did not know that torb's ult can take out a bap's field. i thought it would only affect things that actually touch the ground.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hey that question is fun, I feel my best character is each role is...

Tank
Winston: What I love about the big ape is that he feels like a character that really prioritises game sense over mechanical skill, plays much more to my strengths.
I'm getting quite into wrecking ball as well these days, but I'm still more reliable as Winston.

Offense
Doomfist: Mainly because I put the time in with this character, I don't tend to go for offensive characters very often and I'm not one for fine accuracy either, so this leaves a number of the lineup as some of my weakest in the game.
The important thing here is a find the character inherently fun, situational though.

Support
Moira: My most played class for sure, Zen is my fave character but I'm not accurate enough to make him my best, Ana I feel pretty competent with but lack in switching to offensive play when necessary. Moira on the other hand, she just works, truly a jack of all trades for me with a kit that can support and be self reliant, incredibly useful for that solo quick play life of insta-lock sniper teammates.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
i wanna answer the "what's your Best character in each role?" q with the caveat that i'm kinda struggling to know what i do right sometimes given the chaos of Bronze league.

Tank:
I think it's d va. i play rein and orisa more because they're the easiest to focus a scattered chaotic team with/ to drag people forward, but i do have to fight the urge to overextend with rein and just feel like when i play orisa i'm attempting to lose slowly more often than not. whereas with d va i can kinda peel or chase down nearly-dead targets effectively, or just be a stubborn jerk that lives forever to stall things out.

damage: Soldier. don't have the aim for more precise heroes. don't have the situational awareness or self-control to doomfist responsibly.

and my win-rate on him many seasons has been 100% because i only go dps in comp if other people insta-lock tanks and healers, so if i'm playing soldier, it means i have actual tank and support mains around me, and all i have to do is be semi-functional.

support: i don't know any more. i love most of them. maybe zen for the ability to assist my dps or moira for the self-sustain, aoe, and ability to punish bad dive-dps.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tank: Rein*/Zarya/D.va

I need to really work on my balancing of abilities with D.va, I get caught out a lot with boosters. I think my DMing is OK, when reacting to chanelled ults or trying to protect key targets but I'm bad at making grav/dragons reads.

I think I need to work on keeping my Zarya energy up more consistently, I lose it all between fights. I feel my bubbles have the basic cadence of not bubbling and walking in, but instead wait for some hits and then bubble, or try to read a Firestrike. Grav usage is literally the opposite of actual team coordination since it's hard to get people to listen... I'm generally graving after an offensive ult to try to keep the enemy together for my yolo bronze DPS.

I like Rein the most for how much fun an agressive Rein can be. I like to hit shatters, I like to be in your face and push the enemy back. But I am too agressive and die a lot. I need to reign it back a lot.

DPS: lol

Support: Zen*/Ana/Lucio/Moira/Mercy

Zen forever. I love his kit even though my aim is fucking garbage. But being able to help kill shit is fun. Right clicks are fun. Opening up a fight with a lucky volley is fun. I feel I can time trances OK to save the team, enough at least at my level. With Sombras being more of a thing these days though I go Lucio if we need off support or Moira for main support, simply to be able to live. I'm not as confident in my Ana simply because I feel my aim is bad. In QP I will, but when it comes to comp I prefer to go someone more consistent like Moira or Mercy. I've been really trying to break the Mercy habit but if the team plays more spread out, I need GA to be able to whip from person to person. I'm hoping eventually to rely on Ana for main heals.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Current rank: Masters.

Tank: My main is Reinhardt but it can be frustrating to play these days so I'm playing more off-tanks than usual. I feel comfortable with D.va, Roadhog, Orisa, and am currently learning Wrecking Ball.

Supports: I prefer Lucio or Zen but I feel comfortable playing any support except Ana, as my aim is adequate at best.

Damage: I'm okay on projectile heroes like Junkrat and Pharah. But if I'm on hitscan duty then F.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017

Chuck E. Cheese is coming with that very confused cease and desist. RIP Florida's social media game, their hashtag usage is about to drop like a stone

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Had my brother fix up my computer some and duo-q'd on comp for the first time in forever.

4 wins out of 4 so far, including a comeback on Horizon where the enemy team had a five-minute lead, because fuck you what are you doing on my objective?

I shall probably play around with the Workshop tomorrow. Time to recreate Speedrunners, Lucio edition!

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Tank: D.va, Rein, Roadhog. Trying to learn Zarya when I could fill as her.

Support: Brig, Moira, Baptiste, Zen. Can play Lucio and Mercy when needed but not the best.

DPS: last time I played DPS, I was in gold or some shit. Bastion I guess? If you need one.

I was Masters but no longer play with my main account because I wanna have fun with friends instead of solo q alone up there with toxic randoms.

Brig is my best hero but these days I'm on Baptiste all the time untill I see a pesky Reaper, Doomfist or Sombra harrassing my teammates. I deliver Brig justice upon them. Zen I always love him but the moment I stop playing him, my aim turns to shit. Goddamn projectile heroes lol. Moira is a hero I reached close to GM but quite honestly, I'm glad I have Baptiste now as she bores me to tears after many hours as her.

For tanks, D.VA was my best but ever since Mercy got nerfed I never picked her again. Having a good Ana is hard to come by so I learned Rein and Roadhog and can now at least flex to these three comfortably. Zarya still learning.

Last edited:

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had to solo heal in comp so I said fuck it let's go Ana. It actually wasn't too bad. I love sleeping ulting enemies.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
You've just got to admire someone capable of thinking it's the Reinhardt's fault you're losing when the team has four DPS, a lone Brigitte for heals, and that rushing into the enemy as Symmetra, by yourself, every time you come back from spawn couldn't have possibly had anything to do with it.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
So, this guy is the best OW teacher that I've come across, and he is outlining the roles each character plays.

An in depth guide on when to pick which character. It's pretty comprehensive and easy to understand.

Really looking forward to his Damage installment.

Thanks for the video links, they were very helpful, specifically the Support video since I'm a healer main.

The best tip was choosing support heroes that compliment each other (ie. pairing offensive ULTs with defensive ULTs).

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018

*Tank
Winston
Orisa
Hammond

*Support
Lucio
Baptiste
Moira

*Damage
Sombra
Symmetra
(Ashe)
(Mei)

*Tank (Weakest role)
  • Orisa
  • Reinhart
*Support (Best/main role)
  • Mercy
  • Brigitte
  • Lucio
  • Baptiste
  • Moira (somewhat)
*Damage (Average role)
  • Sombra
  • Torb'Jorn
  • JunkRat
  • Reaper (somewhat)
  • Genji (somewhat)

*Best Most Effective Hero
(Changes depending on the Map, weather it's Attack or Defend, and the 2nd healer selection)
  • Mercy
  • Brigitte
  • Lucio
  • Baptiste
also in other news. i did not know that torb's ult can take out a bap's field. i thought it would only affect things that actually touch the ground.
That's because Blizzard recently patched Torb's ULT to damage bap's field post-release. To confirm I watched some "Baptiste MythBusting" videos from when Bap first went live, and in both video Torb's ULT doesn't damage Bap's field:

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite Ana shut down is a well timed/thrown grenade into a Zarya grav just as the enemy Zen transcends. Perfection.

I lover her kit. Nades have so much utility. I feel like I am doing the most as a main healer with her. Pulling off the sleep combo to melt 200hp flankers feels incredible. I should have made the jump sooner.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
After 2+ years on PS4, I've been exclusively playing QP on PC off and on since about September, and just recently made it to level 25. Considering the chill fun I've been having playing QP most of the time now I may not even do competitive anymore, I don't need the stress. Although I'd be interested to see where I get put, so I may do one set of placements just for shits and giggles.

I'm definitely still not great with a k/m compared to a controller, but I can play pretty decently. On PC, my best characters are probably:

Tanks
D.Va
Hammond
Orisa

Support
Lucio
Brigitte
Baptiste

DPS
Symmetra
Junkrat
Ashe

Those are pretty much who I exclusively play on PC, although I've messed around with Moira, Ana, Winston, Rein, and Sombra a bit. My biggest concern is working on getting better with Lucio's mobility with k/m, as I was pretty good with him on a controller but I don't quite have the snappy movement I should yet.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Fc5w6VG.jpg

hekYIdJ.jpg

NDn2iUX.png

aN9Y39n.png

ok918rd.png

It's beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.