• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea that there was an all star team. Wondering where the skins came from.

Go pacific.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
When you are ready to work!

torb.png

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Just got messaged by a dude that didn't like me picking Hammond then said he's a platinum smurf. I hope it wasn't one of y'all cause yikes.

So if you try to stay at platinum wouldn't you theoretically NEED to lose matches to...stay platinum? So not only are you toxic in people's DMs but by the dudes definition it seems like you want to lose just to stay plat.

Most toxic community ever. Haha.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, did I miss something
Technically, no, but Blizzard has been hinting that Role Queue is something 'they are very interested in seeing' and 'jeff supports it' and Slasher, whose been known as fairly reliable as an insider, is hinting htat big changes are coming to OW and he's been an advocate for role queue....it's basically accepted that Role Queue is coming eventually, which will likely mean that GOATS is just straight up dead as a comp.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
On that note, people have been speculating that they might enforce role locking in OWL before implementing it into matchmaking

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
Is Torb hard for ppl to deal with? I've lost so many matches lately to Torb/Orisa duo and my teammates were befuddled when trying to deal with

Some were gm most were master 😂

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No shit just locked Zarya and the other 5 people locked DPS lol. Platinum is hell. Do people play to win or play to annoy other gamers?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I feel like Torb (and Symm and Bastion) have a slight boon in some matches cuz some people just do not know what to do against them

any time I'm Symm and a Rein puts up his shield to try to block my beam is usually a good match for me

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
lol. don't make me play rein. we ended up switching and i went zarya instead. they went Hammond.

thank god for the wall going up. but the enemy team was coming to point. reaper tele up top and killed the ashe, he drops and death blossom with nano. thank god for self bubble i saved. i built up the last bit of grav off him and just chucked it on point and ran behind thew all that was going up. other team could have killed me multiple times lol but nope. idk why i air punched. i think i was thinking he would run into me. lol

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Is 2-2-2 actually coming or just INSIDER GOSSIPS?

Comp needs something to make it fresh. I took a break, 100% Sekiro, did my dissertation and Comp is still the same lol.

Oh well.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Been messing around with Baptiste, and my conclusion is... I don't really like him all that much. I'd much rather play Ana. His ult just isn't doing it for me.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Been messing around with Baptiste, and my conclusion is... I don't really like him all that much. I'd much rather play Ana. His ult just isn't doing it for me.

One of the main draws about Baptiste, is he's a Main Healer that works best with more static compositions, along with game modes where a team has to be closer to an objective.

Because of this, he unfortunately needs to be paired with healers that can help him with his limited kit, and have teammates that are not as mobile (so Bunker comp is the main draw if you want to run a Baptiste to some success).

It doesn't help that his grenades have a limited splash radius, but the visual effects make them appear otherwise. It honestly is one of the more unintuitive parts of his kit.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
One of the main draws about Baptiste, is he's a Main Healer that works best with more static compositions, along with game modes where a team has to be closer to an objective.

Because of this, he unfortunately needs to be paired with healers that can help him with his limited kit, and have teammates that are not as mobile (so Bunker comp is the main draw if you want to run a Baptiste to some success).

It doesn't help that his grenades have a limited splash radius, but the visual effects make them appear otherwise. It honestly is one of the more unintuitive parts of his kit.
I can see him working with a team that's highly organized. In QP, which is my experience, not so much.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't know, I feel like most defintely ain't playing to win and if they are it's some weird serial killer type logic where they're always right.

Yeah I've definitely heard the argument that they have 1000s of hours on DPS and why it's everybody else's fault instead of theirs lol. I need to start using that group que feature for dedicated roles because seeing 5 different DPS with three being widow hanzo and Mcree was the dumbest shit ever. Can't help but realize this is why people can't climb out of platinum. Stubborn assholes.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've definitely heard the argument that they have 1000s of hours on DPS and why it's everybody else's fault instead of theirs lol. I need to start using that group que feature for dedicated roles because seeing 5 different DPS with three being widow hanzo and Mcree was the dumbest shit ever. Can't help but realize this is why people can't climb out of platinum. Stubborn assholes.
Pretty much, I'm stuck in plat cause of other people. Been in plat since the beginning, every time I get close to diamond I get pulled right back down. It's why they need to redo the ranking system, rank shouldn't depend on win/loss when so many people are selfish.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Additionally, guess what came out!

Thanks for the link, I love SVB's "Who to Pick" series.
No shit just locked Zarya and the other 5 people locked DPS lol. Platinum is hell. Do people play to win or play to annoy other gamers?
I'm in Platinum too so I know your pain. I don't know if other low/mid rank players:
a) don't understand what constitutes good team compositions​
b) just don't care & plays whatever they want​
It's all just speculation right now, nothing is confirmed. I wish Blizzard would add 2-2-2 mode to the Arcade, just test it out & get feedback before applying it to Comp.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much, I'm stuck in plat cause of other people. Been in plat since the beginning, every time I get close to diamond I get pulled right back down. It's why they need to redo the ranking system, rank shouldn't depend on win/loss when so many people are selfish.

But as people are selfish, making SR solely performance-based would be a disaster, as everyone will just pick the easiest characters to pad their stats with and not even try to win the game. I think the compromise they have now, where you have a slight performance-based modifier in plat and below is decent enough, and lets players with above-average stats climb with a 50% winrate.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

Comp needs something to make it fresh. I took a break, 100% Sekiro, did my dissertation and Comp is still the same lol.

Oh well.

They're definitely working on it but taking that with them spending 3 years to do the current matchmaker its gonna take awhile. There is to much talk about it for them not to be trying out.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i really shouldn't play rank right when i start up pc. took awhile for things become stable while pc tried to load and connect online. latency was going 10-15ms more than usual.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anniversary 2019 should get announced this week and start next week right?

I wonder if the limited time skins come back for this one (Pink Mercy, Nuka Cola D.va)

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Haven't played Overwatch in a year or so and my first game, playing Tracer and putting in that werk, literally all over the shop, getting kills, harassing their healers and distracting their tanks (taking them down 1v1 over and over) and I get complaints and people telling me to switch when I'm killing it.

Kinda tilted ngl

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this seasons placement games. I've seriously had way better QP games and these weird 3-4 stacks I keep getting paired up with aren't helping.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
played a bunch of QP today. For some reason a solo queue master rank dps player kept getting in my games, and as you would expect whatever side he was on won.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
had a qp match the other day where a 4000 Torb one trick was on the other team (I'm like 2800ish)

his team lost though, he wasn't accomplishing much of anything and wouldn't swap lol

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I wish Blizzard would increase the SR penalty for anyone who leaves mid-game, and decrease the penalty for everyone who stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.