• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Also stop nerfing tanks already jeez stop comparing OWL to normal ranks..... literally now no one is going to fuckin choose tanks if you keep puffing dps and nerfing tanks.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
D.Va? D.Va needs nerfs though

Can't think of another tank that's been significantly nerfed in the recent past
Not just tank that lucio nerf sucked hard too.
I mean we barely get people to choose support and tanks and they are getting nerfed cause of OWL.

Sure maybe D.va need nerf but from 15m to 10m ????? Jeez thats like 33% matrix nerf at least power her other abilities to make up for it she wasn't op in the first place and the matrix is very short live anyway.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Not just tank that lucio nerf sucked hard too.
I mean we barely get people to choose support and tanks and they are getting nerfed cause of OWL.

Sure maybe D.va need nerf but from 15m to 10m ????? Jeez thats like 33% matrix nerf at power her other abilities to make up for it she wasn't op in the first place and the matrix is very short live anyway.
Lucio nerf does suck for sure.

Defense Matrix needs basically every nerf they can give it, lol. It is the only defensive ability in the game that can absorb an infinite amount of damage within a time-limit (the opposite of most other defensive abilities) AND delete ults. Not nullify/minimize their impact, delete them. It should be hard to use, and it should have a more limited impact. Yeah, it sucks that pro level D.Va's are wrecking her for everybody, but god damn... she literally has not left pro-level play in years.

Aside from that, if D.Va ever gets nerfed out of the meta, she will eventually be buffed in other ways. Perhaps making her more of a diving bully.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Defense Matrix needs basically every nerf they can give it, lol. It is the only defensive ability in the game that can absorb an infinite amount of damage within a time-limit (the opposite of most other defensive abilities) AND delete ults. Not nullify/minimize their impact, delete them. It should be hard to use, and it should have a more limited impact. Yeah, it sucks that pro level D.Va's are wrecking her for everybody, but god damn... she literally has not left pro-level play in years.

Aside from that, if D.Va ever gets nerfed out of the meta, she will eventually be buffed in other ways. Perhaps making her more of a diving bully.
I don't think she would ever be out of OWL meta. They are still gonna fight close range with goats comps and D.va matrix wouldn't be a big deal yet.

The only one gonna suck it us who play D.va in rank pretty frequently. I really hope at least they make her more mobile , maybe 3.5 sec flying charge.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

The thing is, it's hard to figure out how much harder it needs to be to use. It lasts a mere 2 seconds, has a 2 second cooldown before your able to reuse it, and takes 10 full seconds to recharge.

Now they cut it's range, and I guess they could try to tweak the numbers a little more, but I think the bigger problem is that D.Va only has 1 real competitor for the offtank slot, which is Zarya. Well, she's not so much a compeitor in Goats, but once 2-2-2 becomes the standard way to play the game then Zarya is her only competitor because the only tank that Roadhog pairs well with is Orisa, and D.Va pairs atleast as well with Orisa too.

So I'll say what I've been saying since the day they killed hog: Buff his damage back to what it used to be. Make him the deadly killer he was born to be. The fundamental nature of DM is so good that you'd either have to straight up rework D.Va as a character or else just nerf the numbers to silly proportions to make her comparable in use to Hog and Zarya, so rather than that try to bring them up to snuff in her field.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think she would ever be out of OWL meta. They are still gonna fight close range with goats comps and D.va matrix wouldn't be a big deal yet.

The only one gonna suck it us who play D.va in rank pretty frequently. I really hope at least they make her more mobile , maybe 3.5 sec flying charge.
To remove D.Va from the meta, two things need to happen: 1) DM gets nerfed to the point where it's less valuable than another off-tank's ability and 2) an alternate mobile off-tank is introduced.

As of right now, giving her more mobility would only further entrench her necessity.

So I'll say what I've been saying since the day they killed hog: Buff his damage back to what it used to be. Make him the deadly killer he was born to be.

#makehoggreatagain

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
When fans have had enough and decide to do the story themselves

Disclaimer: I literally just found these, so I can't vouch for their actual quality, but it seems like anyone who put this amount of work into a project is atleast something worth looking at.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
OWL is also what destroyed Brigitte and who she was supposed to be as a character. And yes destroyed is the right word.
She might work in high ranks and with good teams but in low ranks and QP she is literally useless as a support and every single support in this game is better pick than Brigitte rn.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
OWL is also what destroyed Brigitte and who she was supposed to be as a character. And yes destroyed is the right word.
She might work in high ranks and with good teams but in low ranks and QP she is literally useless as a support and every single support in this game is better pick than Brigitte rn.
Honestly brig is still pretty useful if you have main healer in your team. Just remember if you ever want to heal your self and the whole team hit any easy target (enemy tanks mostly) with your shift if you wanna heal from a wide range + use your E in your teammates wisely she should be still pretty useful, tho I understand she is WAY weaker than when she first came.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Is anyone else having problems getting logged in to Overwatch today? It was working earlier but now I can't seem to get on.

EDIT: it's working now after I did a scan and repair. weird.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

As weird as it is to say, I think Brig is underrated in a 2-2-2 comp, especially at lower ranks. She doesn't work with every team comp, but if things ever descend into a scrappy brawl on point and one team has Brig and the other doesn't, the team without a Brig is almost certainly going to lose. She has so much sustain and presence because she doesn't ever have to hard disengage, she just puts her shield up and kites away slightly until she's healed up and her cooldowns are back. Not to mention she has the best burst heal ability in the game with her armour pack, which is reliable and easy-to-use as it's ranged and has auto-aim.

Of course, in a triple-support comp she's still overpowered, as the biggest sacrifice you make in picking her as flex support - that you won't have a good defensive ult - can be covered by adding Lucio and/or Zen to the team.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
It's a matter of putting value on my time, the LFG process is slow and doesn't necessarily work a lot of the time, going afk by myself in bad games is a much more valuable use of time.

I'm like 25?? Right now. My going afk doesn't make a difference really as I'm pretty sure those awful games the matchmaking intended me to lose anyway. After dropping near 400 SR due to leavers (before I did the afking) I've actually been climbing back while doing it.
If you "value your time", the LFG process still takes less time than spending an entire match going afk, so LFG is still more beneficial to you than solo-Q.
omfg guys i made it gm

all solo que too

tenor.gif

Congrats, how many seasons did it take you to finally reach GM?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The year is 2019. Mystery Heroes still allows duplicate characters.

Nothing worse than 2-3 Meis or Orisas.

But honestly, the problem with MH isn't really duplicate characters, but more that it's not guaranteed to always have at least one healer in your team. I really hate that, especially when the other team have 3-4 characters that can heal.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand occasionally getting shitty team comps without healers or tanks, but that happens in every game mode. What doesn't normally happen in every game mode is getting two Bastions and two Orisas, because every other game mode disables duplicate heroes except No Limits, which is a mode specifically meant for people who want duplicate heroes. Mystery Heroes' gimmick is supposed to be "you can't choose your character" but for some reason they also threw the No Limits gimmick in there too, probably because Mystery Heroes is so old that it predates the one-hero limit that was added back in 2016.

Also, a year or two ago they changed Mystery Heroes so that killing yourself doesn't change your character. This was supposedly meant to prevent griefing, except it created an even worse problem, which is people killing themselves to ensure they stay as their preferred character; i.e. point A is a lost cause, so Bastion quickly jumps off the edge so he can respawn at point B and get set up.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
If you "value your time", the LFG process still takes less time than spending an entire match going afk, so LFG is still more beneficial to you than solo-Q.

Congrats, how many seasons did it take you to finally reach GM?

shade

but ive peaked at 3900s for the past 3 seasons but been in masters since like season 4 or 5

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
shade

but ive peaked at 3900s for the past 3 seasons but been in masters since like season 4 or 5
Have any general tips for climbing? Last season I was hard-stuck in gold and this season I'm hard-stuck in Platinum.

I'm a support main which makes it harder to climb, since healers are reliant on their team to win and can't really carry a match.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went to an anime con on the weekend, and got a good deal on a Soldier 76 jacket. Gonna cosplay him for next year's con :)

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the rapid endorsement decay? Everytime I get to 4 I soon fall to 3, while playing, despite getting endorsements in most games.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why people say the overwatch community is toxic, folks. Look long and hard and don't become this.
lol. It isn't being toxic.

I don't get on mic and yell racist/homophobic/general insults at others who demand people switch.
I don't run about in others line of sight trying to bother them while spamming voicelines nonstop.
I don't go Mei/whoever and icewall spawn, or a teammate trying to Ult etc.
I don't suicide into the enemy to feed them.

I ask nicely for 2 tanks/healers, I make offers to switch to whatever they don't want (more often than not if nobody wants to swap I instead get an unprovoked "Fuck you" or similar reply).

But I'm the toxic one for wanting to just put down my controller and afk instead of supporting these players.

Again, lol.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
As stupid as it sounds and will never happens I wish rank becomes 2 2 2 BUT here is the catch. You don't get to choose your role its random every game. This way people get to learn each role and not have 50fuckin billion fast lock dps........ dps mains truly ruin this beautiful game. Have so much respect for main tanks and healers

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As stupid as it sounds and will never happens I wish rank becomes 2 2 2 BUT here is the catch. You don't get to choose your role its random every game. This way people get to learn each role and not have 50fuckin billion fast lock dps........ dps mains truly ruin this beautiful game. Have so much respect for main tanks and healers
That'll make people throw and play DPS Moira etc.

Just roll lock the queue and let the army of DPS players wait longer.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
That'll make people throw and play DPS Moira etc.

Just roll lock the queue and let the army of DPS players wait longer.
True true that makes sense. Hopefully jeff will step it up and make it dream come true. But if you think about it this will never happen for the sake of all those main dps streamers. They don't want to make them wait a long time to que.....

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Mirrored Deathmatch is actually helping me improve my aim a ton. I actually feel slightly more confident in my McCree and Hanzo aiming. Still not perfect, but I'm nailing some decent shots and my tracking is definitely getting better.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
Have any general tips for climbing? Last season I was hard-stuck in gold and this season I'm hard-stuck in Platinum.

I'm a support main which makes it harder to climb, since healers are reliant on their team to win and can't really carry a match.
Well it's a grind so keep at it. And healers can def carry matches. What supports do you mostly play

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I don't get on mic and yell racist/homophobic/general insults at others who demand people switch.
I don't run about in others line of sight trying to bother them while spamming voicelines nonstop.

I ask nicely for 2 tanks/healers, I make offers to switch to whatever they don't want (more often than not if nobody wants to swap I instead get an unprovoked "Fuck you" or similar reply).

But I'm the toxic one for wanting to just put down my controller and afk instead of supporting these players.

Again, lol.
You are actively ruining the game for others. And by the way, 2-2-2 comps are heavily overrated. Some of my favorite matches are 3-2-1 comps where the 1 is a tank, 3 dps and 2 healers. Also shout-out to 4-1-1 comps with 4 dps if the players are good enough and can manage their own health appropriately.

I'm curious how quick you snap and throw matches if something doesn't go your way.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Again, lol.
Acting like 2-2-2 comps are the only way to win games is frankly incredibly stupid. This weekend in top 500 games I won back to back games with 4-5 dps, and most of my games run a fair amount of triple dps, bunker comp, or goats. Theres plenty of viable comps to play around and acting like it's no big deal to throw a game because you didnt get the comp you wanted makes you a toxic player. Play around it.

Also this is why we need more than 3 avoids.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017

Again, lol.
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.