• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn that's a lot of changes

I need some time for this shit. The shield one hurts the most but the repair pack might make up for it. I don't know. Gotta test her out.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Better never hold up your shield as brig or else you will never have shield bash

When's Echo purely from the art Sigma already looks boring

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade will be getting a Quick Play classic for Arcade

But No Limits is already QP Classic. Or do they mean another QP Classic?

Better never hold up your shield as brig or else you will never have shield bash

For real. It melts too fast now. It needs to at least have a faster recharge time.

Next hero can't be any more boring than Batiste

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
btw. did they say how SR will be calculated for each role. do i have to do 3 placements?

On PTR its 5 games per role for placements.

GN8ZjRE.jpg

kyTHSUb.jpg

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, Arcade really need more than just 5 modes at a time. Why they never introduced more slots as they keep adding new modes is beyond me.
Bucket spread. Too many modes will spread your players out too thin and make your matchmaking times too high. Big issue in matchmaking systems.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Goddamn that's a lot of changes

I need some time for this shit. The shield one hurts the most but the repair pack might make up for it. I don't know. Gotta test her out.

:(

I guess what they imagined for Brigitte is to be more in the back and dive in/attack only when really needed now or when she is flanked. I honestly don't know what they thought with these changes. Why now, when GOATS is dead??

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff said on Seagull's stream that they have secretly been tracking individual role performance data in comp for several months, so the placements will use that when determining your SR.
Jeff said they've been tracking players MMR by role for a while now so I think its based on that.
LOL dps is so going to be bronze so i rarely even get to play.

i wonder what my tank sr is. because early season i was really shit until latter half.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
:(

I guess what they imagined for Brigitte is to be more in the back and dive in/attack only when really needed now or when she is flanked. I honestly don't know what they thought with these changes. Why now, when GOATS is dead??
She was already relatively weak post GOATS nerf. They should have at least waited until the meta develops before making changes. It's honestly baffling to me.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Brig being able to heal more than one person at a time when there's no enemies in range is good, my main complaint when playing her

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the changes to Brig is intended gor her to be a backliner/bodyguard more than a frontliner. 200hp shield is nothing considering every dps got buffed recently.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I also really like the Sym changes. Permanent telly, Mariip ! Maybe teammates will actually use it now!

Yeah the changes to Brig is intended gor her to be a backliner/bodyguard more than a frontliner. 200hp shield is nothing considering every dps got buffed recently.
Maybe they will put in shield bash damage back in. At 200HP with 50 healing per second, I am much less weary of her damage.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
base is still big... but if someone leaves during QP match (like tank) imagine it taking some time to find a role to fill that.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So Sigma is definitely hero 31? I wonder is it a tank or dps? It looks like evil, old man to me. He kinda looks like male version of Moira (not the "old" part).

Oct 27, 2017
Those Brigitte changes sound rough. She's had her ability to burst heal removed, and a 200HP shield is nothing. The buffs to her AOE heal are useful to her role as a support, but I don't see why you'd want to pick her over any other healer, considering she's not really bringing any other sort of utility to the table, and her ult is still buttcheeks compared to the huge impact Lucio and Zen get with theirs.

Also, not sure why the whip speed was increased, and recovery time decreased. It was never particularly hard to hit anyone with it as you're either point-blank range, or you're just looking to tap a tank to get the inspire going, and you were never particularly vulnerable after it.

I suppose they had to rework her as a healer but wanted to make sure they stayed firmly on the side of her being undertuned.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Ugh, these stuffers on PS4 are KILLING me. I really want to play on PS4, but it's really tough when you just lose enemies on screen because you had a half second stutter. I thought it was just me or my internet connection.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
excited for this! less stressing about team comp, and there should be a baseline level of acceptable quality in every competitive match when role queue drops.

looking forward to climbing as a main tank again! also real happy about the buff to reinhardt. he's been my guy since day 1, and it's going to be way less frustrating trying to play him with all the cc characters around.

also, zero need to have an alt account! i can play as dps in comp when i feel like it and be ranked appropriately!

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I kinda can't believe that it took them more than 3 years to implement something as simple as 2-2-2. That was one of the biggest issues for this game since day one.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
This should affect groups who look to boost other players. like what is it. masters and up have a smaller sr range to Q together? can't have master+ dps in Q with a gold healer so they have to play other roles within that range

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
The Moira stun evasion might be low key super powerful.

Flashbanged? Fade out. Hooked? Fade out. Earth Shattered? Fade out.

Status
Not open for further replies.