• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
At least I know it's not just me now at least; I see a couple of people posted on Blizzard's forums noting the same problem, at least one of them with the same mouse (G502).

It sucks going back to the keyboard for ability commands after playing with mouse keys for that for so long. I'm more of a liability than ever now.

EDIT: Okay, this is really pissing me off. Tried playing a couple of matches of Mystery Heroes to get the summer rewards, can't play properly because my muscle memory tells me to press mouse buttons and when nothing happens I die. They need to fix this before the end of the week.

Last edited:

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
The Moira stun evasion might be low key super powerful.

Flashbanged? Fade out. Hooked? Fade out. Earth Shattered? Fade out.
It'll be nice to keep up healing during things like shatter but you'll still have the issue of being Moira and only being able to heal if your team is stacked. Its a good buff to survivability but how much of an issue was that for Moira in the first place.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
The Moira stun evasion might be low key super powerful.

Flashbanged? Fade out. Hooked? Fade out. Earth Shattered? Fade out.
Queen keeps winning!

tumblr_oyuz5u1ivk1si3zszo1_r2_500.gif

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be nice to keep up healing during things like shatter but you'll still have the issue of being Moira and only being able to heal if your team is stacked. Its a good buff to survivability but how much of an issue was that for Moira in the first place.
That seems fine to me. All it actually means is that Moira has some weaknesses as a healer. If your running a dive comp, yeah, moira won't be the optimal healer in that case. Nothing wrong with that, since she's optimal in bunker.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
That seems fine to me. All it actually means is that Moira has some weaknesses as a healer. If your running a dive comp, yeah, moira won't be the optimal healer in that case. Nothing wrong with that, since she's optimal in bunker.
But if you're playing bunker, wouldn't Bap/zen be better or maybe throw mercy in there. Still have the AOE plus imortality field and discord. I mean I see her use with a deathball of any sort but at this point, it just feels like Bap was made to take that place.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
But if you're playing bunker, wouldn't Bap/zen be better or maybe throw mercy in there. Still have the AOE plus imortality field and discord. I mean I see her use with a deathball of any sort but at this point, it just feels like Bap was made to take that place.
Doesn't really matter. Bap/moira would still be a good combination. Even if pairing Mercy with Bap is more optimal, unless your playing at the absolute highest level, the situations where you'd absolutely win if you had played them will be rare. Plus, like you mentioned, deathball. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine for a low mechanical skill intensive character like moira.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Doesn't really matter. Bap/moira would still be a good combination. Even if pairing Mercy with Bap is more optimal, unless your playing at the absolute highest level, the situations where you'd absolutely win if you had played them will be rare. Plus, like you mentioned, deathball. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine for a low mechanical skill intensive character like moira.
Fair enough. Guess it really just bring up the issue with most of the supports duos with the lack of good defensive ult but that's a bap issue too. Hopefully, we see a new cool/fun support with a defensive ult.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In bug-related news, I can no longer launch Overwatch through my shortcut in Steam and when I launch through Battle.net, the game immediately loads the menu without asking me to log in or enter my 2FA verification. What's going on?

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
In bug-related news, I can no longer launch Overwatch through my shortcut in Steam and when I launch through Battle.net, the game immediately loads the menu without asking me to log in or enter my 2FA verification. What's going on?
I'm on console but I read that they changed the executable location for whatever reason

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
FPS related update

Hey folks we have a fix for this issue now and we're working on the schedule for rolling it out. For console players the update is in certification and we hope to release it on Monday at the latest, if things go well it's possible we'll have the update tomorrow. For PC players we're trying to release later today. We greatly prefer to update all platforms at the same time but given the impact of this bug we're going to roll this update out as soon as it is ready for each platform.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
FPS related update

Hey folks we have a fix for this issue now and we're working on the schedule for rolling it out. For console players the update is in certification and we hope to release it on Monday at the latest, if things go well it's possible we'll have the update tomorrow. For PC players we're trying to release later today. We greatly prefer to update all platforms at the same time but given the impact of this bug we're going to roll this update out as soon as it is ready for each platform.

oh. so my ana isn't really hot garbage then.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also Lucioball still, three years after release, doesn't have a forced surrender option when the enemy gets a lead of X points or the ability to skip the post-goal waste of time replay.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Also Lucioball still, three years after release, doesn't have a forced surrender option when the enemy gets a lead of X points or the ability to skip the post-goal waste of time replay.
Don't forget hit detection issues. But you know what they did change? Lucio's speed, so now you have this ginormous area with your character moving slower than ever. Yaay...

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I played one match of lucioball

I literally cannot bring myself to play more, match time + unskippable replays make it take way too long imo

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they pushed the up
FPS related update

looks like they pushed the update out. just got it

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Role queue on PTR has been good so far. Everyone in comms, decent comps and games. Got placed a whole tier higher than on the live server for tank. Whether or not that the good games will continue on live server with no one on comms, etc. is another story, but so far so good.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Role queue on PTR has been good so far. Everyone in comms, decent comps and games. Got placed a whole tier higher than on the live server for tank. Whether or not that the good games will continue on live server with no one on comms, etc. is another story, but so far so good.
That's crazy to me. People must be really hyped to try it out now. Usually the PTR is a trash hole for good games, especially at a time when most people are grinding for new cosmetics.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to have a team that is playing the roles they want to play. It might suck not being able to swap to a last second hammond/tracer to stall, and some neat comps like 3/4dps ball are collateral damage from goats, but otherwise I am wholeheartedly supportive of 2-2-2 lock.

PTR games on my support account went well -- except the 5th game took nearly 15 minutes in queue... Probably not enough high MMR players or something. They were all solid games though. Two were stupidly close.

Oddly enough, I placed at a career high (~4200) so I'm wondering if they didn't mess with the SR algorithm a bit. I'm too much of a scrub to be that high, especially after how little I've played Overwatch lately.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
2-3 on tank roll got about 100 sr above my current, Rein is still useless against knockback heroes, New passive doesn't do enough to make him worth play against those comps.

When I play Rein my most frustration comes from flying/knocked back by enemy Junk and Doom. I can handle the stuns as a Brig main. In fact, I destroy enemy Brigs coming in for a cheeky Stun and McCree but Junk? Gotta fly to the moon like a ragdoll. What a stupid ass hero.

Sad to see Rein still losing.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I read the knockback reduction was only 30% I knew it would be useless. Reduce it by like 75%. He's got a massive suit of god damn armor on.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Also, the Moira stun immunity buff is dumb. They are rewarding an easy hero for bad positioning. If you get stunned, that's on you. I say that with near 200 hours and reaching Masters with her.

Should have given her something that makes her kit more engaging.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I read the knockback reduction was only 30% I knew it would be useless. Reduce it by like 75%. He's got a massive suit of god damn armor on.
3NROe7Y.png

still holds true
Also, the Moira stun immunity buff is dumb. They are rewarding an easy hero for bad positioning. If you get stunned, that's on you. I say that with near 200 hours and reaching Masters with her.

Should have given her something that makes her kit more engaging.
This, Doom being able to still reload while meleeing and Brig's knockback buff are all whack.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Though I will say instant queue pops for tank role is nice

Speaking of Moira

Disgusting. I have mad respects for Ana players since I don't have the skills to play her at all but watching her sleep dart go to waste because LOL I can fade is just sad.

Just look at the video and tell me if this is not rewarding for bad positioning.

And legit have no idea why they are still buffing the most CC cancer hero in the game.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
can role lock be disabled when someone quits a game? i rather go full cancer at that point. its either. everyone just leaves or try to fight and win.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
2-3 on tank roll got about 100 sr above my current, Rein is still useless against knockback heroes, New passive doesn't do enough to make him worth play against those comps.

Rein in 2019 LUL.

I kinda just wanna move to an offtank role since the main tank ladder life is just gonna be Orisa 24/7.

My D.Va is pretty shit though.

Though I will say instant queue pops for tank role is nice

Speaking of Moira

I understand to need the worst healer in the game a buff but fucking this? Lmao.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Rein in 2019 LUL.

I kinda just wanna move to an offtank role since the main tank ladder life is just gonna be Orisa 24/7.

My D.Va is pretty shit though.

I understand to need the worst healer in the game a buff but fucking this? Lmao.
You won't get to choose main or off tank until advanced role queue is released in 2021 though

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I like new Brig. You have to play way more carefully, which might not be everyone's cup of tea, but she's a really good healer now. Fits into way more comps

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
FINALLY! I can return to OW for real and actually play comp again. Role queue is going to be great and going support knowing I have tanks and, mainly, DPS players that actually play those roles at that SR is HUGE for me. As a flex player (forced to by the damn playerbase)... Thank god for this.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
toxicity should still be there. now people expect the role lock people to do their job
Well, yeah. If somebody isn't performing well or the game isn't going well, the salt will still flow. That's kind of inevitable when the gameplay is so team-reliant.

Role-based queuing and SR will still reduce the frustration, IMO. You are less likely to have a player on a role that they aren't comfortable with, and after the MMR/SR settles, you aren't as likely to have somebody on a role where they can't perform at their current SR level. Previously you could have DPS who are terrible tanks, supports who aren't great at DPS, etc. because they were forced to flex. Now with the role SR you can be a 4400 DPS and a 3500 Tank so that sort of thing won't happen as often.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I do like the idea of role sr because it shows skill level. Unless they got a boosted account or something. With that said. I have to do dps placements. Which I dread lol

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
thinking about Symm teleporter changes-
the big negative is longer cooldown, especially since it now only goes on cooldown after the TP is destroyed
TP+turrets into their backline might be less viable, but also, if you just manually destroy it after it is sent then it's only a few seconds more so maybe not

OTOH this feels like a big boon for team utility and positioning, even just putting it down to help a no-mobility, just-respawned teammate get back faster on point A of 2CP maps (Symm 1.0 memories...) without worrying about it self destructing before they can get to it is nice

same goes for positioning when defending maps with multiple levels, just being able to leave it up (maybe positioned behind a pillar or something) and have those options available for your team is gonna feel good

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, first quick play of the summer games!

I get yet another legendary for one of my bottom 5 used characters in Genji
And my teammates are Hanzo, Genji, Widow, McCree and Ashe...

WHO COULD HAVE FORSEEN THIS?!
(we won though, based invulnerability field)

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Blizzard publicly announcing that season 17 doesn't matter, people are treating it as such. Quad DPS in every game.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Blizzard publicly announcing that season 17 doesn't matter, people are treating it as such. Quad DPS in every game.
That might be a necessary evil. I don't want to wait the whole season for role lock.

Also, dps mains gotta enjoy the fast queue times while they can lol

Status
Not open for further replies.