• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh, gold drop skin finally: it's Kabuki Hanzo. Not a summer skin, not a hero I play.

Also, when are they fixing Symmetra glitching into cars? It's very frustrating playing against one.
Like every previous symmetra bug, when symmetra becomes relevant enough for her bugs to hinder pro matches

:'(

Oct 28, 2017
Please delete cancer Sombra. She's a fucking detriment to enjoying the game. They should just give her the ability to reconfigure your controls and switch invert/normal controls too, I mean why not?

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Man, what is with people making smurfs? How do you find enjoyment out of beating on lower-skilled players because you can't handle people at your own level?

Fuckin' dumb, man.

Everytime i play QP i run into at least 1-2 smurfs and it doesnt help that by default you cant check their profiles anymore.

They slowly started to try stopping it for comp by making you apply a SMS for top 500 but it should be all comp ranks. Force people to attach an email and SMS to their account.

CSGO and even TF2 have taken a variety of precautions to cut down on smurfing.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Everytime i play QP i run into at least 1-2 smurfs and it doesnt help that by default you cant check their profiles anymore.

They slowly started to try stopping it for comp by making you apply a SMS for top 500 but it should be all comp ranks. Force people to attach an email and SMS to their account.

CSGO and even TF2 have taken a variety of precautions to cut down on smurfing.

Making everyone have an email and SMS would probably be bad for the casual audience.

That and I have 2 accounts and I'm not even good. I use them to play different roles.

Also, how do you even smurf in QP? Like comp, if you're doing really well, you will get matched with better people. Also, QP has a bigger range of player rank it puts you with. I'm in gold but I sometimes get diamond players in my QP games.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Making everyone have an email and SMS would probably be bad for the casual audience.

That and I have 2 accounts and I'm not even good. I use them to play different roles.

Also, how do you even smurf in QP? Like comp, if you're doing really well, you will get matched with better people. Also, QP has a bigger range of player rank it puts you with. I'm in gold but I sometimes get diamond players in my QP games.

Email and SMS doesnt have to be for QP or Arcade, just comp.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely think I could set a record for bad genji play. Forget getting kills or amatuer shit like that. I can't get to fights without losing 100hp halfway across the map and have negative elim/death rates in many games. And I have a goddamn panic attack every time I see a brigette on the field. Playing genji is making me genuinely hateful of this game.

Just what the fuck. I know that there's a learning curve to him and he's got more weaknesses now and that I'm trash, but this is beyond the pale.

Then I switch to Tracer and I tear shit apart or I go doomfist and I do okay even though I have no experience on that character. But my third most played character both on PC and Console and I can do NOTHING with him. What the fuck is this character that I suck THAT bad with him?

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
I genuinely think I could set a record for bad genji play. Forget getting kills or amatuer shit like that. I can't get to fights without losing 100hp halfway across the map and have negative elim/death rates in many games. And I have a goddamn panic attack every time I see a brigette on the field. Playing genji is making me genuinely hateful of this game.

Just what the fuck. I know that there's a learning curve to him and he's got more weaknesses now and that I'm trash, but this is beyond the pale.

Then I switch to Tracer and I tear shit apart or I go doomfist and I do okay even though I have no experience on that character. But my third most played character both on PC and Console and I can do NOTHING with him. What the fuck is this character that I suck THAT bad with him?

Are you getting picked off by Hanzo and Widows?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
On that Plat border grind today

0QnpSFU.png

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Are you getting picked off by Hanzo and Widows?
And meis and zens and McCrees and Soldiers and pharahs.

Like, the hero doesn't matter. If it has a long range shot, they're coming for my ass as soon as I step out, unless they have a short range shot, in which case they wait until I come close. It's like all the metas beforehand just trained everyone to always go for the genji. And on PC everyone can actually aim and hit me at longer ranges even if I'm jumping around, which wasn't htat big an issue in console. But here, the most I can manage to do is get in some dash damage before everyone zeroes in on the genji and ults whenever they hear dragonblade coming out.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
And meis and zens and McCrees and Soldiers and pharahs.

Like, the hero doesn't matter. If it has a long range shot, they're coming for my ass as soon as I step out, unless they have a short range shot, in which case they wait until I come close. It's like all the metas beforehand just trained everyone to always go for the genji. And on PC everyone can actually aim and hit me at longer ranges even if I'm jumping around, which wasn't htat big an issue in console. But here, the most I can manage to do is get in some dash damage before everyone zeroes in on the genji and ults whenever they hear dragonblade coming out.
It's also just not a great meta for Genji

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It's also just not a great meta for Genji
Sure, but my 2CP attack torbs would have greater success rates and impact than my genji does.

In my entire history of the game, I don't think I've ever had as little success playing a hero as I do genji right now except maybe console widowmaker, and even there you can make a strong case for the widow.

But as soon as I switch to Tracer, my competence at the game just goes up 70%, even against unoptimal enemy comps like Brigette.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but my 2CP attack torbs would have greater success rates and impact than my genji does.

In my entire history of the game, I don't think I've ever had as little success playing a hero as I do genji right now except maybe console widowmaker, and even there you can make a strong case for the widow.
Oh, damn.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
How many hours is that? I'm guessing easily 4 digits.

I'm still bronze border with 2 stars, so I'm not even close to silver.
1700 hours. Plat border is level 1800, so 1 level = 1 hour of play still shakes out all the way to that amount of time (the 100 hour difference is accounted for by Group XP bonuses).

So it's pretty consistent all the way across

600 hours = Silver border
1200 hours = Gold border
1800 hours = Plat border

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I know. It's driving me utterly insane, because I don't even know what I could be doing better. You know what, fuck it. I actually give up. If I need to weeb out, I'll just go Hanzo.

I'll check him out again when he gets a buff. Maybe to his deflect that can't hit jack shit anymore. I know that his range was too large before, but now unless it's dead center on his screen, he doesn't reflect anything.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I know. It's driving me utterly insane, because I don't even know what I could be doing better.

You know what, fuck it. I actually give up. If I need to weeb out, I'll just go Hanzo.
I mean, it's way easier to be effective with Hanzo. I'm not even level 20 on PC and I can be pretty damn lethal with him

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's way easier to be effective with Hanzo. I'm not even level 20 on PC and I can be pretty damn lethal with him
Yeah, well, I just don't have the magic demon blood I need to be effective with Genji, so I'll go with the easier weeb. And look at that, first game I have with him, I clutch the game. Hanzo is the superior shimada.

Last edited:

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Sym 3.0 is dead last on the meta report. It's not surprising. For Sym 4.0 they should remove her useless teleporter and just give her insane wall riding and double jump abilities so she's essentially a pilot from Titanfall. She could hip fire her ALT while hauling ass on the wall. She's always talking about bending reality and stuff with physics so it'd make sense. While they're at it she could be the only hero in the game that could stick to ceilings upside down. Just make her totally batshit nuts. She could be like Spiderwoman or something.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Ran into the worst Hanzo player I think I've ever seen in a Mystery Heroes match yesterday.

And they got PotG.

King's Row defense, I drew Roadhog, we held the enemy team to the starting point the entire time and won easily. This Hanzo of ours, he sets up on the second level and starts firing arrows whenever the enemy team pushes around the statue. That's it. Doesn't use Storm Bow, doesn't charge up his shots or take aim; he just starts dropping arrows down into their ranks, hoping for a hit. The entire length of the PotG clip he's firing arrows, and he only hits twice: once with a headshot, and once with a shot to finish off a weakened player. Every other arrow fired never comes close to a potential target, like he's firing at the ground.

"Play of the Game." Really?

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Sym 3.0 is dead last on the meta report. It's not surprising. For Sym 4.0 they should remove her useless teleporter and just give her insane wall riding and double jump abilities so she's essentially a pilot from Titanfall. She could hip fire her ALT while hauling ass on the wall. She's always talking about bending reality and stuff with physics so it'd make sense. While they're at it she could be the only hero in the game that could stick to ceilings upside down. Just make her totally batshit nuts. She could be like Spiderwoman or something.
Crazy. I've been tearing up with her. People don't have any gameplay creativity.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. I've been tearing up with her. People don't have any gameplay creativity.
A good Sym 3.0 is a force of nature but they're so super rare. Especially in comp. She's either super effective or just kind of doesn't really contribute usually.

I really think all it'll take is one pro team using her to her full potential and she'll skyrocket. People just don't know how to use her, and don't bother to learn.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Just got 3 crates because of level 4 endorsement. Got Rein and Zen summer skins. Yesssss! Love the Zen skin.

But I wonder why I got the crates now as I am on level 4 for quite some time. Started OW just now and got a "keep it up blabla" screen with 3 lootboxes. I think I got 2 when I hit level 3.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Just lost 4 comp matches (and won 1) because every match we had an Ana that was useless and sucked balls. 2 out of those 4 losses the Ana wouldn't Nano anyone until the last seconds of the game. Can any Ana main player here please explain the logic in doing this? Is it because it's hard to get her Nano in the first place? I am truly baffled with this behavior. I'm also going to chalk it up to it being Sunday and I usually stay away from comp on Sundays just because the squeakers are in full force but I did it anyways...And I paid for it. Dearly. Going to need to ham tomorrow to make up for these losses.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just lost 4 comp matches (and won 1) because every match we had an Ana that was useless and sucked balls. 2 out of those 4 losses the Ana wouldn't Nano anyone until the last seconds of the game. Can any Ana main player here please explain the logic in doing this? Is it because it's hard to get her Nano in the first place? I am truly baffled with this behavior. I'm also going to chalk it up to it being Sunday and I usually stay away from comp on Sundays just because the squeakers are in full force but I did it anyways...And I paid for it. Dearly. Going to need to ham tomorrow to make up for these losses.

I use nano boost soon after I get it because it charges pretty fast.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

i think people get caught in the mindset of "the perfect nanoboost combo will come along any minute" and then they hold it for 5 minutes

there's probably also a dose of fear of wasting it from people who haven't adjusted to its new status as a burst-heal move.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
i think people get caught in the mindset of "the perfect nanoboost combo will come along any minute" and then they hold it for 5 minutes

there's probably also a dose of fear of wasting it from people who haven't adjusted to its new status as a burst-heal move.

Agree. Here's the thing - If people don't understand thejr hero's Ult charge rate then they shouldn't bother with playing them in comp. it's essential you understand how fast it charges and what you need to do to get it faster. With Orisa I can get it very quickly by pounding crit shots on the enemy. I usually ult 4-6 times by the end of a round on Kings Row.

Edit: corrected grammar. Stupid iPhone.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bro that's not symmetra, that's next lucio buff

I really think all it'll take is one pro team using her to her full potential and she'll skyrocket. People just don't know how to use her, and don't bother to learn.
This, problem is the pros don't bother to learn either, the one in OWL that did retired(at least we have Mangachu)

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what I would change about Symm. I like her current playstyle more than the previous iteration. One thing I would like to see is to speed up the turret deployment animation. I feel like it's on the wall for slightly too long before it starts shooting.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Bro that's not symmetra, that's next lucio buff

True true. But what I'm envisioning for 4.0 is almost like Sym is coming from another dimension. Where it's like she's from the "upside-down" or something. I could picture her wall running but literally standing straight up and not grabbing the wall like Lucio and Titanfall Pilots. Just make her crazy and insane and terrifying. Also (because the above idea will never happen) maybe make her current teleporter semi-invisible or made of something reflective like a mirror so it blends into the environment. I want her teleporter to be just as useful for the team as it used to be. Right now it's just so fucking obvious. I NEVER see amazing plays where a Sym puts here tele behind the enemy and Dva chucks her bomb through it getting a quad kill. Most people see the tele and take it down in seconds.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
This, problem is the pros don't bother to learn either, the one in OWL that did retired(at least we have Mangachu)
I don't think you're gonna see Sym used effectively in solo q until you see it used effectively in a professional team environment. Like, it's some strange culture/momentum thing alongside mechanics cause Sym enables a team, but has little carry potential. So until people see not only how to play Sym, but also how to play alongside Sym, they just won't play her. Once someone makes a breakthrough play with her, a movement will start.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you're gonna see Sym used effectively in solo q until you see it used effectively in a professional team environment. Like, it's some strange culture/momentum thing alongside mechanics cause Sym enables a team, but has little carry potential. So until people see not only how to play Sym, but also how to play alongside Sym, they just won't play her. Once someone makes a breakthrough play with her, a movement will start.
Think about it like this: Since the start of the game, certain characters moved only a certain way. They either had movement abilties, in which they had to do things to take advantage of that, or they didn't, which meant they had to compensate for it by using the positions/abilities they had to their best advantage. And it was like that for 2 years.

Now, you have Sym that can grant movement abilities to the ones that lack it and maybe even help out some characters that have them in other ways. However, just because they can doesn't mean they will, because that depends on you being able to coordinate with the sym player, who also has to think of how to best help her teammates who she's used to seeing on the ground like they are.

In a lot of ways, this is a whole new dimension to the game, and someone does need to set an example of how this can work, because it's totally understandable why people would not realize how to best take advantage of this ability when it's so new and hard to use.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Think about it like this: Since the start of the game, certain characters moved only a certain way. They either had movement abilties, in which they had to do things to take advantage of that, or they didn't, which meant they had to compensate for it by using the positions/abilities they had to their best advantage. And it was like that for 2 years.

Now, you have Sym that can grant movement abilities to the ones that lack it and maybe even help out some characters that have them in other ways. However, just because they can doesn't mean they will, because that depends on you being able to coordinate with the sym player, who also has to think of how to best help her teammates who she's used to seeing on the ground like they are.

In a lot of ways, this is a whole new dimension to the game, and someone does need to set an example of how this can work, because it's totally understandable why people would not realize how to best take advantage of this ability when it's so new and hard to use.
More or less what I was trying to say

Status
Not open for further replies.