• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The report button is just a placebo effect button that wears off a day later when you realise no one ever actually takes action.
The report is actually forwarded to a group of blizzard employees that sustain themselves off players woes.

I've reported hundreds of people, only got 2 "Your report done something" messages ever. I only report seriously toxic players. I guess it means you can be a complete POS and will likely get away with it.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
took 3 years but i think im done with this game.. ranked is absolute dog shit. Its even dog shit when you win.

Wow, I literally just had this feeling after an OT win on Dorado. It felt so unpleasent to play and immediately logged off as if I had ended on a loss.

It's so weird, I might be getting to that same point as well.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I've reported hundreds of people, only got 2 "Your report done something" messages ever. I only report seriously toxic players. I guess it means you can be a complete POS and will likely get away with it.

I've probably gotten a few dozen back on PS4. Definitely have to actually type something in though.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Played some FFA Deathmatch as McCree tonight, haven't done that in a while. There were a lot of Ashe running about.

Anyway, at first I went with my usual strategy of running around waving hello (made a Sombra friend, yay McSombra) but most people just killed me anyway. After a few rounds like that I switched to attacking defensively, or ambushing players I felt were targeting me specifically, then heading for the nearest cliff and throwing myself off whenever I landed a kill. McCree's roll being on a shorter cooldown is pretty good, you can keep going for a while now before getting taken out. It's weird how the game decides whether or not to give you XP; I almost always got the message, but sometimes I'd get XP and sometimes I wouldn't.

There was a Hammond throwing himself off the map repeatedly for some reason. Wonder what that was about.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ashe has made this game so much worse. What horrible fucking game design all around. Hats off to making Overwatch even worse.

Attack characters aren't even viable anymore. Fucks sake fucking idiots.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I never liked Snipers, just a personal thing but it just means I can play more D.VA and do my best to counter them.

Fuck Rein/Zarya. Rein/D.VA all the way. :)

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I literally just had this feeling after an OT win on Dorado. It felt so unpleasent to play and immediately logged off as if I had ended on a loss.

It's so weird, I might be getting to that same point as well.
It's unfortunate but winning doesn't mean anything to me anymore. It doesn't matter if I one trick or flex some games are just frustrating.

Also the community just seems to be getting worse and worse. At first it was a few bad apples, but now you have one trick torbs or symms that you either have to play around if not lose.

Problem is, no one wants to play as a team in a team game. Wins aren't rewarding because I've won games where we were clearly the worst team but someone on the other team was clearly soft throwing and I've been on the opposite end of that being on a team where we were clearly the better team but someone gets tilted for no reason and throws to "prove a point."

The game that broke me happened a few weeks ago. It was of course 2CP Volskaya.

We steamroll offense and get 6 minutes. We get cocky on defense do a decent job of holding with a shit comp and they cap with about 2 minutes.we get even more cocky and they completely steam roll us and they still have time left.

People get tilted decide to throw on offense and in 6 minutes we barely cap second point.
We end up having to defend with no chance of winning just drawing and everyone just throws with a hanzo just sitting in spawn saying he's throwing.

Good stuff all around.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It's unfortunate but winning doesn't mean anything to me anymore. It doesn't matter if I one trick or flex some games are just frustrating.

Also the community just seems to be getting worse and worse. At first it was a few bad apples, but now you have one trick torbs or symms that you either have to play around if not lose.

Problem is, no one wants to play as a team in a team game. Wins aren't rewarding because I've won games where we were clearly the worst team but someone on the other team was clearly soft throwing and I've been on the opposite end of that being on a team where we were clearly the better team but someone gets tilted for no reason and throws to "prove a point."

We steamroll offense and get 6 minutes. We get cocky on defense do a decent job of holding with a shit comp and they cap with about 2 minutes.we get even more cocky and they completely steam roll us and they still have time left.

People get tilted decide to throw on offense and in 6 minutes we barely cap second point.
We end up having to defend with no chance of winning just drawing and everyone just throws with a hanzo just sitting in spawn saying he's throwing.

Good stuff all around.

this was always the only possible outcome. when a mostly low intellect community lacking in critical thinking spends 3 years under the delusion that its their teammates holding them back and not the fact they are garbage, it couldnt have resulted in any other situation. blizzard soft encouraging special snowflake syndrome didnt help either

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
this was always the only possible outcome. when a mostly low intellect community lacking in critical thinking spends 3 years under the delusion that its their teammates holding them back and not the fact they are garbage, it couldnt have resulted in any other situation. blizzard soft encouraging special snowflake syndrome didnt help either
Yeah, I never did and still don't think that the main reason why someone doesn't climb is because of their teammates. Sure you can have three games of straight throwing but you have a 50/50 chance of being on the opposite end of that.

It has created a snowflake mindset like you mentioned. People get offended if you call them out if they are playing badly they'll bring up medals and it just spirals from there.

I've been asked to switch off something, if people asked, knowing full well I'm not the issue in the hopes it motivates others to do the same. Unfortunately people take criticism as an insult and in response get mad and throw games in a tantrum

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
"People get offended if you call them out if they are playing badly"

"'ve been asked to switch off something, if people asked, knowing full well I'm not the issue"

Maybe your mindset is not very good either tbh.

For me the biggest problem in Overwatch is that there are too many characters that are too generic that dont have to fulfill a specific role in the team for it to be successful. Characters as Dva, S76, Widow, Ashe are only there because there are some people who dont care about strategy, teamplay, etc and that do good only because of raw aiming skill, those chars add nothing to the equation for me.

I truly enjoy this game when its taken as a first person moba.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
tumblr_inline_nd4z6u1hHf1rf8so2.gif

"'ve been asked to switch off something, if people asked, knowing full well I'm not the issue"

For me the biggest problem in Overwatch is that there are too many characters that are too generic that dont have to fulfill a specific role in the team for it to be successful. Characters as Dva, S76, Widow, Ashe are only there because there are some people who dont care about strategy, teamplay, etc and that do good only because of raw aiming skill, those chars add nothing to the equation for me.

I truly enjoy this game when its taken as a first person moba.
But D.va has been an integral part of high level teamplay in this game since forever, and Ashe isn't too far away from McCree who is also useful in a team environment protecting support. Like it or not dps plays a roll in a balanced team, Widows can make or break games and protecting them/ diverting attention can be half the play.

I get that burnout is real, but you don't all have to come up with elaborate reasons OW is dOoMeD because you're bored.

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
But D.va has been an integral part of high level teamplay in this game since forever, and Ashe isn't too far away from McCree who is also useful in a team environment protecting support. Like it or not dps plays a roll in a balanced team, Widows can make or break games and protecting them/ diverting attention can be half the play.

I get that burnout is real, but you don't all have to come up with elaborate reasons OW is dOoMeD because you're bored.

I dont think I said its doomed or I'm bored. As a matter of fact I quit the game almost 2 years ago and I only came back recently. Before I was playing the game casually and now im actually trying to climb.

My view is just an uneducated opinion regarding my biggest gripe with the game, which is that there are characters there that you can play with little to no awareness, positioning or knowledge of other characters. You pretty much stay back, point at the slimmest enemy in your range and fire as good as you can. If you're good enough dont worry other players will babysit your ass so you can drop 3 guys in a TF just by pure skill. There are loads of things you need to know to properly use a Mei o heck even a Reaper but you can do very good with S76 just by knowing how to aim and use your sustain/escape when you have to. And the direction is not to keep those to a minimum and put in new mechanics, as we have seen recently with Ashe.

This, again, is just my pet peeve with the game, doesn't mean its broken, doomed or that I dont enjoy it. I've actually put in more time this week than I did in a month last time I was playing the game regularly, I'm on 6 hours of sleep for the last 48h because of OW.

Also, as with many many team-based competitive games, the community mentality is far far faaaar more broken than the game will ever be.

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK
I dont think I said its doomed or I'm bored. As a matter of fact I quit the game almost 2 years ago and I only came back recently. Before I was playing the game casually and now im actually trying to climb.

My view is just an uneducated opinion regarding my biggest gripe with the game, which is that there are characters there that you can play with little to no awareness, positioning or knowledge of other characters. You pretty much stay back, point at the slimmest enemy in your range and fire as good as you can. If you're good enough dont worry other players will babysit your ass so you can drop 3 guys in a TF just by pure skill. There are loads of things you need to know to properly use a Mei o heck even a Reaper but you can do very good with S76 just by knowing how to aim and use your sustain/escape when you have to. And the direction is not to keep those to a minimum and put in new mechanics, as we have seen recently with Ashe.

This, again, is just my pet peeve with the game, doesn't mean its broken, doomed or that I dont enjoy it. I've actually put in more time this week than I did in a month last time I was playing the game regularly, I'm on 6 hours of sleep for the last 48h because of OW.

Also, as with many many team-based competitive games, the community mentality is far far faaaar more broken than the game will ever be.
Get some sleep my man, damn. Also that last part wasn't directed squarely at you, it has just been a recurring theme in here for a while.

You can play most of the cast selfishly if you want, not just the heroes with easy kits, but almost all of them have abilities that will benefit teammates, offensively or defensively. The team aspect is the crux and with so many burnt out or apathetic to trying to achieve that, the game and experience sometimes suffers for it.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I got up to 3300 SR, but I lost 50 from fighting a six stack of GM players (that have de-ranked to low Masters). They were the much more cordinated team, and our DPS couldn't do anything against their rampaging (former) Top 153 Doomfist player.

It didn't help we had a teammate playing Ashe, who refused to communicate with us and was trying to spawn camp the enemy team and tossed Bob into the King's Row pit.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
I've learned to just let criticisms come and go. If one person is being singled out, it's possible that they're a weak point in the team but it's not like getting stomped is ever the fault of one person unless they're actively throwing. For example, I had a not great game as Sombra yesterday on Volskaya. I kept pulling 2-3 people back to the point to deal with me, and my tracking was way off so I wasn't getting picks.

That said, when the front line of my team can't get a pick now that it's a 5v4 or 5v3, that's also an issue. Sombra is absolute dogshit when there's no frontline pressure. What I should have done was go Junkrat, Soldier, Pharah, etc. However, with one guy calling me out 30 seconds into the round, it was Sombra or nothing. Makes me realize just how many losses people like that guy could avoid if they didn't tilt immediately, usually based on nothing at all, causing the rest of the team to tilt into oblivion.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017

huh? I don't get it. What's wrong with my mindset? If you are playing competitive the point is to win. If I and/or the team feels like you should switch because you are doing poorly and do so in a respectful manner I. E. By asking you to switch and telling you why why is that a poor mindset?

Or why is me switching, when I know I'm not the issue, also a bad mindset to have? I shot call lots of games but it gets so frustrating that I get burned out quickly. I win most of those games but its still incredibly taxing so lots of games I don't shot call and it sucks. Partly because I know if I did I'd win more but it's so draining and tiring that after the 3rd game I'm exhausted even if I've won all 3

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
huh? I don't get it. What's wrong with my mindset? If you are playing competitive the point is to win. If I and/or the team feels like you should switch because you are doing poorly and do so in a respectful manner I. E. By asking you to switch and telling you why why is that a poor mindset?

Or why is me switching, when I know I'm not the issue, also a bad mindset to have? I shot call lots of games but it gets so frustrating that I get burned out quickly. I win most of those games but its still incredibly taxing so lots of games I don't shot call and it sucks. Partly because I know if I did I'd win more but it's so draining and tiring that after the 3rd game I'm exhausted even if I've won all 3
Everyone thinks they're not the issue. Even those you're talking to in that game.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México

Good stuff all around.

Yep, often wins seem more rather circunstancial and not a direct product of good teamplay, it's rare when this happens sadly.

Before that Dorado game I mentioned I did have one of those "This is why we play Overwatch" games on Numbani.

We got absolutely de-stroyed on our first defense, they capped with like 5 minutes? Didn't even knew that was possible, didn't win a single team fight because we were always getting picked off or were just basically on stall mode.

Someway, somehow, as if it were a Christmas miracle, no one tilts, throws, instalocks Torb or Sym and we do our attack round finishing with decent time (like 2 minutes), then it was just like if everyone was revitalized by the fact that we actually had a chance to win a game that looked like a shitshow and not only we capped all checkpoints again, we full held them for 5 minutes on A. It was glorious and it just goes to show that the majority of people don't know how the game works:

Even if you have a shit round, any game is winnable unless you set your mind otherwise.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Question:

I remember reading that Tracer's ultimate when the game was like pre-Alpha was an AoE time-slow bubble that froze everyone but her.

It was scrapped for obvious reasons, but here's my question: does anyone remember the source for that, or could give me a link? Whenever I try to Google it I get countless forum posts about how useless Pulse Bomb is.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Question:

I remember reading that Tracer's ultimate when the game was like pre-Alpha was an AoE time-slow bubble that froze everyone but her.

It was scrapped for obvious reasons, but here's my question: does anyone remember the source for that, or could give me a link? Whenever I try to Google it I get countless forum posts about how useless Pulse Bomb is.
Honestly, this sounds like a prototype version of sound barrier(i temember jeff saying something about testing that ult as a time slowdown)

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've learned to just let criticisms come and go. If one person is being singled out, it's possible that they're a weak point in the team but it's not like getting stomped is ever the fault of one person unless they're actively throwing. For example, I had a not great game as Sombra yesterday on Volskaya. I kept pulling 2-3 people back to the point to deal with me, and my tracking was way off so I wasn't getting picks.

That said, when the front line of my team can't get a pick now that it's a 5v4 or 5v3, that's also an issue. Sombra is absolute dogshit when there's no frontline pressure. What I should have done was go Junkrat, Soldier, Pharah, etc. However, with one guy calling me out 30 seconds into the round, it was Sombra or nothing. Makes me realize just how many losses people like that guy could avoid if they didn't tilt immediately, usually based on nothing at all, causing the rest of the team to tilt into oblivion.

so basically you spent the entire round playing dps and killing nothing but its ok because some guy correctly called you out in the first 30 seconds so you were justified. sounds about right

Last edited:

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
so basically you spent the entire round playing dps and killing nothing but its ok because some guy correctly called you out in the first 30 mins so you were justified. sounds about right

No. I was a flanker with nothing to flank since there was no pressure on the front line. After I pulled half their team back the first time and nothing happened, my feeling was to change to a more damage heavy frontline DPS, but since he started being an asshole the very second I was looking at the enemy comp to decide which DPS would work best, I decided to stick it out and go down with the ship. I wasn't in any mood for shit talk.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I outhealed a Moira (13k on an 8 minute match) playing Ana with fucking 350 ping (my regular ping is like in the 80s ) with like a shit 45ish scoped accuracy.

It beats me how we won that match, probably cause our tanks where that much bettere but holy shit, what a chore, why do people play Moira on very open, vertical maps is beyond me, she's such a liability and forces everyone to play closer without taking advantage of the space you're given. Not to mention an Ana nade is gg go next.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
No. I was a flanker with nothing to flank since there was no pressure on the front line. After I pulled half their team back the first time and nothing happened, my feeling was to change to a more damage heavy frontline DPS, but since he started being an asshole the very second I was looking at the enemy comp to decide which DPS would work best, I decided to stick it out and go down with the ship. I wasn't in any mood for shit talk.

so you were playing a flanker and were unable to flank for whatever reason. im curious, what were your and the enemy comps

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
so you were playing a flanker and were unable to flank for whatever reason. im curious, what were your and the enemy comp

Already told you the reason. There was little frontline pressure. The best way, in my experience, to roll a point with a Sombra or Tracer is have 2-3 of the other team coming back to deal with you while the rest of the team starts to get pushed back from too much pressure. Very easy to get that 'battle on two fronts' feeling and start picking them off.

We had a Doomfist that was not pushing the backline with me, or otherwise being distracting. A Rein/Hog that weren't pulling in enough damage on their own to push. Knowing this I started looking at probably Junkrat or Pharah to start pushing them back a bit more after the first attempt to bait them with Sombra wasn't successful. This would free up our Doomfist a bit and allow our Rein to push forward more with the extra damage behind him.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. My point wasn't "omgz my team sucked!", because they didn't and no one was actively throwing. My point was that when you start throwing shit talk and shade around, it makes people not even want to bother. There have been plenty of times where I've been playing a hero or role and felt like I wasn't performing that role well during that game, and I asked to switch off. Plenty of times I've been asked if I play an X or a Y and switched. No problem. Even times when someone thought they were better at a specific hero than me.

It takes quite a bit to tilt me, but when you start coming at me with "Can you add me to your avoid list or am I going to have to add you to mine?" when the kill feed is nothing but our team dying and you're singling me out? You better believe I'm not going to be accommodating.

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Already told you the reason. There was little frontline pressure. The best way, in my experience, to roll a point with a Sombra or Tracer is have 2-3 of the other team coming back to deal with you while the rest of the team starts to get pushed back from too much pressure. Very easy to get that 'battle on two fronts' feeling and start picking them off.

We had a Doomfist that was not pushing the backline with me, or otherwise being distracting. A Rein/Hog that weren't pulling in enough damage on their own to push. Knowing this I started looking at probably Junkrat or Pharah to start pushing them back a bit more after the first attempt to bait them with Sombra wasn't successful. This would free up our Doomfist a bit and allow our Rein to push forward more with the extra damage behind him.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. My point wasn't "omgz my team sucked!", because they didn't and no one was actively throwing. My point was that when you start throwing shit talk and shade around, it makes people not even want to bother. There have been plenty of times where I've been playing a hero or role and felt like I wasn't performing that role well during that game, and I asked to switch off. Plenty of times I've been asked if I play an X or a Y and switched. No problem. Even times when someone thought they were better at a specific hero than me.

It takes quite a bit to tilt me, but when you start coming at me with "Can you add me to your avoid list or am I going to have to add you to mine?" when the kill feed is nothing but our team dying and you're singling me out? You better believe I'm not going to be accommodating.
the best way to roll a point when playing flankers is for the flankers to actually kill something. you were quite clearly throwing, you only seem semi aware of it.

just to restate, the roll of ANY flanker dps is to pick off targets, NOT blindly run around "distracting" the enemy until you die. its also not to kill trade

Last edited:

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I always assumed there was a limit of one duplicate per lootbox.

That was shattered with the lootbox I just had with 3 duplicates.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
For some reason I always assumed there was a limit of one duplicate per lootbox.

That was shattered with the lootbox I just had with 3 duplicates.
There can be all 4 duplicates in the boxes. It's basically what i am getting like all the time now.

Only Epic/Legendary items are not duplicates for me.
Yup, at a certain point, boxes with any non-dupes become a rarity (unless there's a new event/recent hero launch).

The dupe rate is certainly better than it was early on, but once you've exhausted all your Commons and Rares, the algorithm doesn't just start dumping every Epic on you.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Question:

Honestly, this sounds like a prototype version of sound barrier(i temember jeff saying something about testing that ult as a time slowdown)

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
having a great game and losing a winnable match because your other dps picks Ashe and can't hit shit
so they swap to Widow and continue being useless before finally disconnecting from the match

fun

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
having a great game and losing a winnable match because your other dps picks Ashe and can't hit shit
so they swap to Widow and continue being useless before finally disconnecting from the match

fun

It isn't, certainly. It's very easy to single out the weak link but it's harder to understand that that person has been matchmaked in your skill level and it ain't a issue of Ashe is new and he don't know how to play it because he also played Widow unsuccessfully. Truth is the game made a fair game, your teammate failed to deliver and you failed to carry with that handicap and also failed to turn his failure into something positive for the team. However you successfully blamed him for the L and also managed to avoid analyzing your own mistakes because u believe that game was lost the moment he was picked for the game.

Not judging, I react like you all the time, but it doesn't help us at all.

Guess what, the enemy team probably had somebody as "bad" as that player and the remaining enemy players managed to carry the game with that handicap, you didn't.

Individual performance means nothing if u end up taking a L.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Ashe just seems like the new replacement for widow or hanzo if someone on the team cant countersnipe. Id rather deal with her than anymore widow.

The overabundance of Widow, Hanzo and Doom is the biggest issue with this game still. Thats just me speaking personally but im sure someone will pop in and tell me how godly they are and how doom never kills them.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

So, I don't know how popular it is to post videos from overwatch yt channels, but this one I really think is worth sharing and it kinda spoke to me in a way that I didn't expect it to.

Because the argument being presented here is not one I actually like. It's a sort of "Hitting bottom" version where you realize that the game is kinda fundamentally broken on a competitive level, and that it's likely to stay broken to a large extent because Blizzard wants it that way. And that's kinda sad because it's kinda accepting that the game will never really play like you want it to.

But then I went on overwatch and played a few matches with this mindset and it kinda works. If you truly don't care, then the fun parts of the game shine through better. You're free to just go be a cyber ninja and if you lose, you lose. I've always advocated for acceptance of losses, but now it's just kind of a differnet level of "Oh, well, it's overwatch, what can you do?"

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
It isn't, certainly. It's very easy to single out the weak link but it's harder to understand that that person has been matchmaked in your skill level and it ain't a issue of Ashe is new and he don't know how to play it because he also played Widow unsuccessfully. Truth is the game made a fair game, your teammate failed to deliver and you failed to carry with that handicap and also failed to turn his failure into something positive for the team. However you successfully blamed him for the L and also managed to avoid analyzing your own mistakes because u believe that game was lost the moment he was picked for the game.

Not judging, I react like you all the time, but it doesn't help us at all.

Guess what, the enemy team probably had somebody as "bad" as that player and the remaining enemy players managed to carry the game with that handicap, you didn't.

Individual performance means nothing if u end up taking a L.

If I may ask, how can you turn that scenario to you and your teams favour? Just ignore that weak links and communicate with the others?

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

So, I don't know how popular it is to post videos from overwatch yt channels, but this one I really think is worth sharing and it kinda spoke to me in a way that I didn't expect it to.

Because the argument being presented here is not one I actually like. It's a sort of "Hitting bottom" version where you realize that the game is kinda fundamentally broken on a competitive level, and that it's likely to stay broken to a large extent because Blizzard wants it that way. And that's kinda sad because it's kinda accepting that the game will never really play like you want it to.

But then I went on overwatch and played a few matches with this mindset and it kinda works. If you truly don't care, then the fun parts of the game shine through better. You're free to just go be a cyber ninja and if you lose, you lose. I've always advocated for acceptance of losses, but now it's just kind of a differnet level of "Oh, well, it's overwatch, what can you do?"

I don't know how much I buy Blizzard designing ranked as being for casuals while also dumping hundreds of millions into OWL as the ultimate esports experience

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Ashe just seems like the new replacement for widow or hanzo if someone on the team cant countersnipe. Id rather deal with her than anymore widow.

The overabundance of Widow, Hanzo and Doom is the biggest issue with this game still. Thats just me speaking personally but im sure someone will pop in and tell me how godly they are and how doom never kills them.
I mean as a Sombra main I find Doomfist laughable and free ult charge.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
If I may ask, how can you turn that scenario to you and your teams favour? Just ignore that weak links and communicate with the others?

Always ask yourself: What can I do to make things better?

Let's say I'm playing Zarya. We have Rein, Ashe, Widow, Lucio and Moira. The map is Gibraltar.

Ashe isn't getting any picks. Widow keeps on dying. First thing old me would do is blame our DPS. I GOT GOLD ELMS AS ZARYA. OUR WIDOW IS A BOT! ASHE IS A SHIT HERO! PLEASE WE DON'T NEED TWO SNIPERS BLAHBLAH.

After watching I think it was Surefour on how to stay positive video, he recommended to always ask how or what can you do better for the team. Give compliment even if they are small: Nice boop Lucio! Thanks for the heals, Moira! You are doing Great Ashe! Keep it up etc.

Next analyze why our Widow keep on dying or why our Ashe can't hit for shit. Maybe because I'm playing Zarya instead of body guarding her as D.VA, making some good space and making sure they aren't being dived all the time. Maybe because instead of Moira, we could run Mercy and keep our DPS up and boosted. Or maybe Lucio could switch to Zen and heal them from afar.

The list goes on. It's not always the DPS fault. It's a team effort. If your Widow can't win against the enemy Widow, why not change your team comp, go full dive and force their snipers to switch? Once you go up the ladder you will see people that are better than you 1v1 but it's not counter strike. Communicate with your team, tell them that you can't win against their Widow, switch to Sombra or another flanker and tell your team maybe we could run dive or heck GOATS because hey, shit might be boring but it works.

I'm not TheUnforgiven but hopefully this is a good answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.