• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
giphy.gif

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Every single patch is a direct or indirect nerf to brigette. I wonder at what point are they gonna realize they just need to rework the character. Because it's so SO obvious they need to.

Anyway, I just got home from work and this is the first time since OW came out that I was caught unaware by a major release. So this was a nice surprise.

Paris looks beautiful. It looks like something out of a disney movie and/or bioshock infinite.

That said, it's so damn huge. Like, so ridiculously goddamn huge. There's no way it's not an archives map. And I think they're trying to address some of the problems of 2 cp by making it this fucking huge and allowing more approaches to the point. We'll see how that works out, but right now it's kind of a chore to get to the points.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen it for myself yet, but as someone deep into the Hammond life, big maps are OK by me.

Though I guess if the areas are wide open that just means I'm gonna get sniped more... hrm.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Went to Twitch an hour ago, no one was streaming. Had to go to YouTube to see it. Seems kinda small? Was just one viewing of a quick match, though.

I dig the criminal Omnic posters. Hope we get an Omnic baddie one day.

I kinda think someone who sprays stuff on the ground that slows you would be a good Bridget/Lucio counter. I'm a weirdo Torb main so his new Ult is kinda there but as an ability on someone could maybe change the meta.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The scenery in Paris is beautiful, and it makes sense that Widow's domain would be filled with long-ass sight lines because good lord can she control a bunch of space near point A.

Also, why is the restaurant named Les Deux Escargots? Lol, Blizzard didn't have to do France like that.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
While I haven't played on the new map yet, it looks pretty good. Even though I don't hate 2CP as much as other people, I do have a dislike for Horizon and kinda dislike Hanamura. Its good to have more variety.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Can someone please explain what heroes will be affected the most by this PTR change? Brigitte (again)?, Zen, Symmetra?

Also kinda weird that they released new map during the event. Now i wonder where will new Archives mission be? Probably on existing map. That's if we get new mode at all during the Archives event...

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone please explain what heroes will be affected the most by this PTR change? Brigitte (again)?, Zen, Symmetra?

Also kinda weird that they released new map during the event. Now i wonder where will new Archives mission be? Probably on existing map. That's if we get new mode at all during the Archives event...
Well, all heroes with shields when in rally, basically, as shield gen is gone and armor packs aren't a thing, the only thing you change is that when people are in rally the armor will be depleted before the shields, unlike before

So zenyatta, zarya, symmetra and... oh damn i forgot all heroes with shield hp ;-;

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Zarya was a beast with rally because the armour would stack under the shields meaning you could regain the shields before ever touching the armour.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Well, all heroes with shields when in rally, basically, as shield gen is gone and armor packs aren't a thing, the only thing you change is that when people are in rally the armor will be depleted before the shields, unlike before

So zenyatta, zarya, symmetra and... oh damn i forgot all heroes with shield hp ;-;

Doomfist and Hammond when they use abilities and Lucio ult lul.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there usually a free weekend or 50% cut on the price when a new map is launched? Or is that rather with new characters?

Oct 25, 2017
Got to 3000 coins last night, now I just wait to see if I get the Zen skin out of a box.

I'm in Platinum for the first time this season, and it's interesting to me how little difference there seems to be between this and Gold (caveats: I'm on Ps4 and around 2600). Mostly the only difference is that there are a lot more people with gold weapons, but that might just be because I took a couple seasons off.

Also, occasionally, and I mean very occasionally, two people will lock support before I do, which I think happened once in gold in like 400 games.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 how the shield and armor changes affect heroes like Zarya and Zenyatta? I've read the patch notes and I'm still not getting it fully.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Can someone Explain Like I'm 5 how the shield and armor changes affect heroes like Zarya and Zenyatta? I've read the patch notes and I'm still not getting it fully.

So say Zen has a stack of Brig armor, so that means he has armor, shield and regular health.

Currently damage would be done first to shield, then armor then health.

PTR Changes make it so that the Armor is first, shield second then regular health.

This was a bigger thing when Brig armor didn't decay since if his shield was depleted and no damage was made to his armor he can recover his shield over time and still have armor. With the change the armor will be depleted first and will no longer have that advantage..

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So say Zen has a stack of Brig armor, so that means he has armor, shield and regular health.

Currently damage would be done first to shield, then armor then health.

PTR Changes make it so that the Armor is first, shield second then regular health.

This was a bigger thing when Brig armor didn't decay since if his shield was depleted and no damage was made to his armor he can recover his shield over time and still have armor. With the change the armor will be depleted first and will no longer have that advantage..

I understand. Thank you.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Finished my first ever placement matches. Only won 3 of them and ended up with 1869sr as Lucio/ana/pharah. Is that as bad as I think it is lol. Well I'm enjoying it way more than quickplay anyway.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Finished my first ever placement matches. Only won 3 of them and ended up with 1869sr as Lucio/ana/pharah. Is that as bad as I think it is lol. Well I'm enjoying it way more than quickplay anyway.

Fairly standard for first placements. The majority of players are in the silver - plat range.

Also, you're going to lose or gain a lot of SR for the couple games after placements, so if you lose those you could plummet down like what happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.