• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
0NhMOg9.jpg

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Bronze seems excessively full of smurfs, griefers and trolls this evening, did something happen?

(I know bronze is usually full of those things but it seems worse at the moment)

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
Huh, I find bronze is often way more chill than my time in the higher ranks in days gone by - people tend to know they're bad and just are trying to have a good time.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Hells yeah, I just hit a new milestone in Overwatch.😀

Initially I placed in Bronze (1452):
Dyo4FOcUcAA_Scb

But I grinded my ass off and yesterday I finally hit Platinum! (2503):
Dyo2nwfU8AACIB-

My current Season/Career High SR Rank is (2517) which is a (+1065) improvement from my PlaceMent Matches:
Dyo3MDqVYAAWQVG

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
nearly 100% of my bad bronze matches are just due to general incredibly bad play. impatient people who trickle in constantly, dps not converting kills, suicidal over-extensions. i've dealt with very few genuinely toxic assholes in all the seasons i've spent down here.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Terraj_RSL Very nice!

I got told I'm OP on Tracer last night. This enemy Ashe was carrying her team (and beating the crap out of me) so I finally stuck her with a Pulse Bomb, met her back at her spawn and kept her there for almost the whole rest of the match.

1.jpg

Felt awesome >.< fear the Tracer!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I always wondered what it was like in the lower ranks, kind of curious, but not curious enough to sabotage comp matches constantly to get there. How the fuck I've stayed in mid-diamond since the games launch almost exclusively playing Mei and as of late switching to Brig every now and then, is beyond me.

You wouldn't believe the amount of shit you get in diamond for picking Mei!

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I always wondered what it was like in the lower ranks, kind of curious, but not curious enough to sabotage comp matches constantly to get there. How the fuck I've stayed in mid-diamond since the games launch almost exclusively playing Mei and as of late switching to Brig every now and then, is beyond me.

You wouldn't believe the amount of shit you get in diamond for picking Mei!
Mei is hyper strong against GOATS. Until that's gone or lessened she's a great pick. Good burst, excellent CC, self-sufficient, and a zoning ultimate.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I was so close to 2800 when I took a 2am tumble down to 2690. When you get an 8 year old on your team that is the ultimate shot caller, hilarious stuff.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Thanks.
Damn, I should really play more. I'd love to hit plat but I definitely need more practice.
I improved my gameplay by watching guides/tips/coaching videos on youTube and high level streamers on Twitch.

Also, I recommend only using "Find Group" for competitive, so you'll be guaranteed a competent team composition (ie. 2-2-2). That way you can practice/improve with the hero you want and not have to worry about flexing.
Huh, I find bronze is often way more chill than my time in the higher ranks in days gone by - people tend to know they're bad and just are trying to have a good time.
Same here, during my grind to Platinum the best games I had were in Bronze, where everyone was just having fun. Now it seems the toxicity levels, leavers & "blame everyone but myself", increases in tangent with your SR rank.

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best way to learn the game and improve is to play with people who understand it and will explain during the matches. We not have guided game groups on Era?

Would be willing to play some with other members here, I have it for X and Pro if anyone wants to party up at some point.

Same here, during my grind to Platinum the best games I had were in Bronze, where everyone was just having fun. Now it seems the toxicity levels, leavers & "blame everyone but myself", increases in tangent with your SR rank.
I always found Plat the most toxic and variable in quality versus gold (lowest I've ever been, placed there in first season) through to high Master. It's pretty grim at times.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Just read a metacritic user review of overwatch which scored it a 7/10. The person said rhe main reason for the 7 score was that the game is entirely based on team composition but he/she loved the game for the first 100 hours or so. I get the point why team comp could be bit or miss but any game that I can get 100 hours of solid enjoyment out of is definitely more than a 7 for me.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
It always makes me laugh when someone kills me in Deathmatch then follows it up with a tag spray, a teabag, or a combination of both.

I mean, the reason I'm always 8th isn't because I'm trying to kill other players; it's because I'm NOT trying to kill other players. I spend 99% of the match running around and the other 1% messing with people.

Killing me isn't a big deal.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I am trying to make get back into this game, it feels like the arcade stuff is made to be awful so you don't play it? I'm just tyring to unlock a skin but its been misery of people not wanting to work together, or in the case of deathmatch people working together in a mode they shouldn't be. And I don't mean getting caught on the wrong end of a multiple way firefight. I mean like people standing around and not shooting each other and exclusiving shooting everyone else.

Shit is not fun

Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just played for the first time in over a week, as I've been so busy with school. I just played a few QP games, but I always forget just how sad the main tank situation is with lower ranked players. If you actually get one in your game they just sit back and wait, never advancing into the choke/wherever.

My last game on Rialto I said fuck it and played Rein. Pushed hard into the enemy team, and luckily a few of my team followed. The payload was stopped for maybe 30 seconds all match, and it was an easy win.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
I am trying to make get back into this game, it feels like the arcade stuff is made to be awful so you don't play it? I'm just tyring to unlock a skin but its been misery of people not wanting to work together, or in the case of deathmatch people working together in a mode they shouldn't be. And I don't mean getting caught on the wrong end of a multiple way firefight. I mean like people standing around and not shooting each other and exclusiving shooting everyone else.

Shit is not fun

Mystery heroes is my go-to arcade mode. You get to learn new heroes and it doesn't get too sweaty since it's random as hell.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Goodness no, I'm really sorry if you took it as a personal attack, I just mean that strategy is really annoying and is something that smurfs (not you) are using to grief lower ranked players.

I'm super-sensitive lol I need to be conscious of it 'cause I take everything personal >.< it's a genuine character flaw.

In general I have strict rules for spawn camping - do it once. A great Mercy, Moira, Ana, Zen can carry games and stopping them from participating in the next teamfight is real value - but it's also a pretty unkind thing to do to someone, particularly a support with limited self defense, so I never do it more than once.

A carry DPS is another proposition though...

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super-sensitive lol I need to be conscious of it 'cause I take everything personal >.< it's a genuine character flaw.

In general I have strict rules for spawn camping - do it once. A great Mercy, Moira, Ana, Zen can carry games and stopping them from participating in the next teamfight is real value - but it's also a pretty unkind thing to do to someone, particularly a support with limited self defense, so I never do it more than once.

A carry DPS is another proposition though...
This is crazy, if it's working and your team are winning then keep doing it. If the enemy team don't peel to fix the spawn camp and they're suffering for it it's on them. You're there to win not subscribe to a self-enforced code of honour.

To be honest most spawn camping I've seen tends to be ineffective long term anyway, 2v1 spawn camp works well if you have the chops as it leaves 4v5 on objective which is usually enough to swamp unless it's against a cheese comp in a difficult spot or similar.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Rough day for me; Went 7-20. There were only 2 to 3 of those I could've pulled out by playing out of my mind. Hopefully the matchmaker is nicer to me tomorrow.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Rough day for me; Went 7-20. There were only 2 to 3 of those I could've pulled out by playing out of my mind. Hopefully the matchmaker is nicer to me tomorrow.
Same here. Rough night. Almost everyone wanted to be DPS, and no one as tank, and none wanted to play as a team. Finally I ended up in a team where everyone wanted to be support so I switched to tanking and we won. Really need to improve my Rein-game if I want to be able to tank in comp.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Same here. Rough night. Almost everyone wanted to be DPS, and no one as tank, and none wanted to play as a team. Finally I ended up in a team where everyone wanted to be support so I switched to tanking and we won. Really need to improve my Rein-game if I want to be able to tank in comp.

Yep, luck of the matchmaker. Mine yesterday the majority of the time was people instalocking support. I had one game where there were 5 support mains, and 3 were one tricks.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Even after all the nerfs, Briggite is so good. The changes have really only highlighted the way she was probably meant to be played - A bit more conservatively prior to team fights, occasionally swiping away at the front to proc her passive while spying for weaknesses and eyeing your rear to be sure your teammates aren't being dived. I don't really miss any parts of her kit... except for the insta-kill on Tracer, that mattered allot to me. I don't even miss the damage against everyone else. It's just that I can't kill Tracer specifically in one go.

I like her allot for the same reason as Roadhog - That I can focus all of my technical skill into brief moments of concentration, but I think I may like Briggite more. At least now - Little matches the feeling of old Hog hooking someone and deleting them, but the feeling of macing a Pharah is also really satisfying. I don't know. The SFX for hits on the whip shot sounds so good too. I like moving the bulk of my mental capacities to positional concerns and occasionally still going YOLO.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
It always makes me laugh when someone kills me in Deathmatch then follows it up with a tag spray, a teabag, or a combination of both.

I mean, the reason I'm always 8th isn't because I'm trying to kill other players; it's because I'm NOT trying to kill other players. I spend 99% of the match running around and the other 1% messing with people.

Killing me isn't a big deal.

but why would you do this....

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Had a person on our team that started to repeatedly jump off the map after it looked like we were going to full hold the enemy team. I just don't understand.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
there are so many selfish, petty, spiteful people playing this game

I love OW but some days I just cannot deal with it

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
there are so many selfish, petty, spiteful people playing this game

I love OW but some days I just cannot deal with it

I had this yesterday, legit came across a person deranking. Typical Mei wall to fuck over team mate movement.

LFG gave me a little hope in humanity.

I managed to finally play a bit with Danj yesterday. It went OK I feel, we went 1-2 I think?

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
This vid is mostly just single picks and duels that felt really awesome to pull off, and a lot of terribly bullied tank players.

Of particular note to Tracer enthusiasts, in regards to Bastion (around 3:30).

6 damage per pellet = 12 with crit -2.4 or 20% for Ironclad = 9.6 damage per shot. 9.6 minus 3 for armor = 6.6 damage per shot. It will thus take 16 Pulse Pistol bullets (6.6 x 16 = 105.6) to remove Bastion's armor, leaving Tracer with 24 bullets in her clip. If those 24 bullets all crit, they will deal an additional (12-2.4 =) 9.6. 9.6 x 24 = 230.4 damage.

Thus, with a single clip of perfect crit shots, Tracer can now one-clip a Sentry mode Bastion.

Yeahhhh boiii.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Which platform do you play on?

PC, on NA server. I'm Danj#2393. Used to be in Gold a couple seasons ago but then I dropped down to sub-Bronze (triple digit SR) and been there ever since.

I managed to finally play a bit with Danj yesterday. It went OK I feel, we went 1-2 I think?

Yeah, something like that. The last game was a total shitshow, not much we could do to salvage it, and after that I was just tilted so I had to quit.

Last edited:

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Even after all the nerfs, Briggite is so good. The changes have really only highlighted the way she was probably meant to be played - A bit more conservatively prior to team fights, occasionally swiping away at the front to proc her passive while spying for weaknesses and eyeing your rear to be sure your teammates aren't being dived. I don't really miss any parts of her kit... except for the insta-kill on Tracer, that mattered allot to me. I don't even miss the damage against everyone else. It's just that I can't kill Tracer specifically in one go.

I like her allot for the same reason as Roadhog - That I can focus all of my technical skill into brief moments of concentration, but I think I may like Briggite more. At least now - Little matches the feeling of old Hog hooking someone and deleting them, but the feeling of macing a Pharah is also really satisfying. I don't know. The SFX for hits on the whip shot sounds so good too. I like moving the bulk of my mental capacities to positional concerns and occasionally still going YOLO.

We generally won't rewind unless it's an OH SHIT or we hear the health gasp - and most Tracers will begin to reload before their next blink, not after - so that should give you the full second you need to land 2 swipes before going into the stun combo.

We're still very squishy ^.^

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

While I'm still not a big fan of the nature of her kit and think she would be improved with a wind up animation to her bash and having to aim her armor pack, I will say that I think she's more or less balanced at this stage.

And the fact that it took more nerfs than Moth Mercy needed should be indicative how fucked Brig was

GoaThief

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.