• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
Just had someone join a game, announce he was throwing, and then play the emergency broadcast tone on repeat. And they say this game is dying...

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
new Roadhug LNY shirt

19-ow-roadhog-bajie-shirt-mens-front-gallery_1.png

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
On another note, am I the only one who thinks it's fucked that Roadhog didn't get a second Lunar skin during the Year of the Pig?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
But he already has a Lunar pig skin. Rein and Zen getting another Lunar skin was more than enough.
I prefer when they give skins to heroes that really deserve them.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
But he already has a Lunar pig skin. Rein and Zen getting another Lunar skin was more than enough.
I prefer when they give skins to heroes that really deserve them.
I would have gladly traded the new zenyatta skin for a new Hog skin. You cannot improve upon Sanzang's stare of death, and they didn't. Not to mention Zenyatta has probably the highest amount of event skins and most of them are amazing.

But I'm genuinely confused by the second remark. No character 'deserves' skins. They're digital dolls we play dress up with. They get skins because we love them to get skins and blizzard knows they can sell them. And if there was a sense in which characters 'desrved' skins, surely RoadHOG deserves a skin at the Year of the PIG celebration, does he not?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I would have gladly traded the new zenyatta skin for a new Hog skin. You cannot improve upon Sanzang's stare of death, and they didn't. Not to mention Zenyatta has probably the highest amount of event skins and most of them are amazing.

But I'm genuinely confused by the second remark. No character 'deserves' skins. They're digital dolls we play dress up with. They get skins because we love them to get skins and blizzard knows they can sell them. And if there was a sense in which characters 'desrved' skins, surely RoadHOG deserves a skin at the Year of the PIG celebration, does he not?
If you have heroes that don't have a single Lunar skin while some others are getting their 2nd Legendary Lunar skin then yes, there are heroes that deserve them more.

And no. Hog does not deserve a Lunar skin because like i said, he already has one, and it's a pig skin.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
If you have heroes that don't have a single Lunar skin while some others are getting their 2nd Legendary Lunar skin then yes, there are heroes that deserve them more.
I would argue that's more that people want other characters to have more skins.

But I maintain that it sucks that we cannot properly celebrate the Hog during the Year of the Pig.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I would argue that's more that people want other characters to have more skins.

But I maintain that it sucks that we cannot properly celebrate the Hog during the Year of the Pig.
Well you can celebrate Lunar NY with Hog. Just pick his Lunar Legendary skin, Lunar Highligh Intro, Lunar Voice Lines , Lunar Sprays... etc. And that's it. They are still there in the game, and they still look cool.

This trend that character needs brand new stuff all the time is really weird to me. Hog has a LOT of Lunar NY items. Why would he need more?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Well you can celebrate Lunar NY with Hog. Just pick his Lunar Legendary skin, Lunar Highligh Intro, Lunar Voice Lines , Lunar Sprays... etc. And that's it. They are still there in the game, and they still look cool.

This trend that character needs brand new stuff all the time is really weird to me. Hog has a LOT of Lunar NY items. Why would he need more?
Because that stuff is old and people want to celebrate with new stuff? Or atleast I do. The 2017 skin is still nice, but it's 2 years old by now. To properly celebrate, he needs new threads.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
We generally won't rewind unless it's an OH SHIT or we hear the health gasp - and most Tracers will begin to reload before their next blink, not after - so that should give you the full second you need to land 2 swipes before going into the stun combo.

We're still very squishy ^.^

This isn't my experience at my MMR (high plat-low diamond). Tracers appear to mash recall after the bash - I'm actually not sure that all my whip shots hit from the sound effects muddling together but I imagine my execution is bad at least sometimes.

My play against them could be better though. I tend to operate on a blind optimism that if I just bash the Tracer all the time as soon as I can in team fights that they'll take enough residual damage from other sources somewhere somehow that I'll get the kill. I'm afraid that if I take the time to swipe before the shield bash that they'll usually blink away first and I'll have wasted my bash CD.

Interesting about reloading before their next blink. Yeah, I should be more familiar with their patterns. I usually play a bit of everyone to get a feel but Tracer's been a blind spot for a while.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Mercy figma has been announced. 90 dollars in the Blizzard Store with Good Smile opening up preorders tomorrow. One thing that got my attention was the picture of Mercy and Pharah figmas standing together.
I'm getting the odd feeling that Pharmercy might become a confirmed ship in that game....

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
1-2 so far on main. couldn't do much as ana if main tank gets anti or our rein going too deep because hanzo's storm arrow and mccree puts out too much damage to even outheal that.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
After playing Apex, if blizzard doesn't just straight up copy it's ping system, I'm gonna cry

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the point where I am seriously considering writing a letter to blizzard demanding that they fire the guy who decided to not only make Mystery Deathmatch but have it take a rotation slot of the weekly Deathmatch

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Don't you just love it when someone asks for another tank and some witty fellow picks Mei. Or, even more hilariously, picks Bastion and goes "I'm a tank"

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
What I don't get is all the DPS complaining about the lack of tanks. If you're support or a tank, that's fine if you feel the need for a tank but as a DPS, to complain and not switch. Don't they see that they are the problem and that asking for another tank without themselves switching is a source of vitriol? (Guess I'm chalking this up to the human mentality, "we need to change; you start!")

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What I don't get is all the DPS complaining about the lack of tanks. If you're support or a tank, that's fine if you feel the need for a tank but as a DPS, to complain and not switch. Don't they see that they are the problem and that asking for another tank without themselves switching is a source of vitriol? (Guess I'm chalking this up to the human mentality, "we need to change; you start!")

I know right?
I especially love the Hanzos or Widows that don't do jackshit and picked their character when there already were 3 other DPS yelling about there being only one healer/tank.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This is why I support/tank now :)

I've been really enjoying Rein lately. It's incredible how fast you can charge ult with Firestrike.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch hasnt been fun for me for about 2 weeks, and im just kind of sick of the stuns and CC that I have no control over.

I really want to like this current game, but it feels awful to play tank right now and I dont really find it that fun

Blizzard needs to stop buffing low skill ceiling characters. I do not want to see a Mei in literally every game I play.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
This is why I support/tank now :)

I've been really enjoying Rein lately. It's incredible how fast you can charge ult with Firestrike.
I realised this from the start (and reckoned that starting out as support and tank would be far easier). I only really have one game under my belt as DPS and I managed a 17 kill streak without dying once (I started the game at the midway point) and that was only because there already were 2 tank & support.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Overwatch hasnt been fun for me for about 2 weeks, and im just kind of sick of the stuns and CC that I have no control over.

I really want to like this current game, but it feels awful to play tank right now and I dont really find it that fun

Blizzard needs to stop buffing low skill ceiling characters. I do not want to see a Mei in literally every game I play.
Overbuff has Mei hovering around a 1% pickrate on all platforms.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that why Ashe got tons of merch just days after being announced?

Ashe is the only new hero they've ever added who had collectibles available at launch. This is presumably a new thing going forward for future heroes.

Edit: Ashe might have also had a lot of merch available because her design was finished long before she was ever added to the game. She was originally created for the Reunion short and only later did they decide to add her to the game. So her character model, concept art, etc were long finished and could be sent to licensing partners months beforehand.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
just give me "we need a main tank" on the comm wheel
Don't you just love it when someone asks for another tank and some witty fellow picks Mei. Or, even more hilariously, picks Bastion and goes "I'm a tank"
That's why I only use "Find Game" when playing competitive, so I'm guaranteed a 2-2-2 composition. Plus, before queuing we check that we have both a main/off tanks & healers, which eliminates the extreme randomness of solo-queue.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
This isn't my experience at my MMR (high plat-low diamond). Tracers appear to mash recall after the bash - I'm actually not sure that all my whip shots hit from the sound effects muddling together but I imagine my execution is bad at least sometimes.

My play against them could be better though. I tend to operate on a blind optimism that if I just bash the Tracer all the time as soon as I can in team fights that they'll take enough residual damage from other sources somewhere somehow that I'll get the kill. I'm afraid that if I take the time to swipe before the shield bash that they'll usually blink away first and I'll have wasted my bash CD.

Interesting about reloading before their next blink. Yeah, I should be more familiar with their patterns. I usually play a bit of everyone to get a feel but Tracer's been a blind spot for a while.

Yeah we rewind after the bash. We're not scared until we gasp or get stunned, so you need to land those first 2 swipes before the bash - bring us down to around 100hp during the 1 second we spend emptying our guns and immediately bash and go into the combo.

This gives a Tracer about 1.1 seconds to realize that they're about to die, sure - but that 1.1 seconds is not scary enough to make the Tracer bail. 0.5 seconds with only 30hp lost from the first melee (no reason to panic), another 30hp lost 0.5 seconds later (still no panic) - BASH + combo. Now she's just dead.

At higher ELOs players like to get as much of the reload animation before the blink as possible so their target will have less time to adjust their aim after the blink - but it's never a hard and fast rule and depends on the player.

Also the standard Tracer rhythm is just shoot, blink as you reload (blink doesn't cancel the reload), shoot, blink and reload, shoot, blink and reload. It takes 1.0 second to empty a clip, 1.0 second to reload, and 3 seconds for a blink charge to come back so you can keep this up for like 4 or 5 repetitions.

Aim for the head. To stick pulse bomb, treat it like a melee strike with a wind-up. Use rewind liberally, and be very cautious when engaging without it.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Reaper is literally w+m1 now

I genuinely don't think this team has learned ANYTHING since they launched the game

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
some positivity
I played three comp matches, I got to play characters I wanted to play, I played well, and all three matches were victories

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Got around
100 hours played now and I'm loving pretty much every hero except Winston. Don't find him fun to play at all

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got around
100 hours played now and I'm loving pretty much every hero except Winston. Don't find him fun to play at all

Jump into the backline on top of a support, throw down the bubble around you, and electrocute them to death while spamming OH YEAH and NATURAL SELECTION voice lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.