• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
One thing I always misssed a lot from TF2 was all its voice binds. Only having like 3 in overwatch just doesn't cut it. Especially the lack of "incoming" and "push forward". The context sensitive one for attacking the objective is too finicky half the time.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
One thing I always misssed a lot from TF2 was all its voice binds. Only having like 3 in overwatch just doesn't cut it. Especially the lack of "incoming" and "push forward". The context sensitive one for attacking the objective is too finicky half the time.

Haha yea loved the demoman when he dominates heavy and says 'aww there's a new angel in heaven...IN HELL!'

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a string of leavers and dropped all the way to gold. Reaper haven. Either got to play Reaper and out-Reaper the enemy Reaper, or play counter like McCree or something, which is broken at best due to delayed health siphon after you stun and start fanning the hammer, letting him survive it.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leavers should not make you lose SR.

Got a string of them, dropped into gold and stuck here as leaving is common causing more losses.

Last 10 games

4 wins, 3 loss, 3 leavers-loss.

How can climb out this shit hole like that?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Leavers should not make you lose SR.

Got a string of them, dropped into gold and stuck here as leaving is common causing more losses.

Last 10 games

4 wins, 3 loss, 3 leavers-loss.

How can climb out this shit hole like that?
my experience is that once you get to gold it's pretty much over for the season.

Discontent

May 25, 2018
teams that can semi-competently field Bastion are the bane of my life. as long as they can protect the bastion they can just do whatever the fuck they want and nothing works against them.

Played a mystery heroes game on Dorado and I got bastion and the enemy team couldn't get past the first spawn area for a good while. Then they got double bastion and did a double pirate ship lmao and we really really struggled against em. Not played much mystery heroes but Is that s regular occurrence?

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
teams that can semi-competently field Bastion are the bane of my life. as long as they can protect the bastion they can just do whatever the fuck they want and nothing works against them.

Yeah, the game becomes unpleasant whenever your goal turns into thwarting basically one enemy character. You're just playing "President" at that point, except killing the President doesn't end the game.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a mystery heroes game on Dorado and I got bastion and the enemy team couldn't get past the first spawn area for a good while. Then they got double bastion and did a double pirate ship lmao and we really really struggled against em. Not played much mystery heroes but Is that s regular occurrence?
I wouldn't say it's regular on Mystery Heroes, but when it does happen in that mode it's tough to beat. Though I did just finish a game on Volskaya on attack where they started with a Bastion/Brigitte/Zarya combo where the Brig and Zarya just babysat the Bastion in the building on the attacker's right after the choke. Fortunately we managed to knock them loose, cap A in overtime, and with some combined ults, teamwork, and patience, capped B and won.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm quite the opposite: I'm having fun play Rein this season. I'm sad that I cannot just go Brig everytime because I love her peel and style so much but this meant that I'm getting better at Lucio and Rein!

Works for me. Reaper is not an issue as long as I have a trusty Hanzo clicking his head and good heals.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Used the team finder to great success last night. Had a solid guy calling shots and assigning roles - me in Bronze, the rest silver and gold... we... we actually won games. It's like playing a different game altogether XD

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017

Hi, meet your best friend:
tumblr_ov1xmxaV1b1r687oqo5_500.gif

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
I've carried my ass to mid plat from mid gold using bastion on every payload match (with a friendly mercy boosting my pew pew mad skills) and I haven't found a junk rat able to stop me, maybe it's not played around this level?

Either way I have to admit playing the queue and facing bastion is hell. I've got my share of insults while climbing too.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the DPS characters, Junkrat can output the highest amount of damage without being in line of sight, that's why he can devastate Bastion Comps. All you gotta do is get high-ground as Junk, wait until the bastion if under you, and spam away. Obviously if your team is bad and not at least distracting the Bastion, you'll still lose, but I find Junk the best counter to Bastion most of the time.

And rip-tire is insanely good obvs.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, I think as a solo-ish strat Junk has the best odds to handle Bastion. Other methods like flanking, hacking or DMing the living fuck out of Bastion needs too much team play in the solo Q environment.

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Junkrat? Hah! Obviously the random dps on my team thinks Genji is a sensible choice against a Bastion on a payload, evidenced by them leaving the voice channel when asked to switch as we're getting rolled.

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
I find waaaaaaay easier to play as Sombra and just hack him and teleport. You wont kill him but disruption is often enough for him to switch or at least not having an easy game.

Also bodyguards in my level are RARE and people can't identify people flanking if they're in the middle of a fight. I've seen reinhardts going from full hp to dead while holding a shield to the frontline while reaper unloads in their backs.

Although the easiest its still to get your ass on voice chat and ask your team to get orisa, rein and mercy and just play the damage race with him and win.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the logic but it's too limited. How often is the Bastion going to get caught by deflect? It can happen but it's not reliable enough to be the approach.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
nah. most fun support to play by a mile even if i'm not always good enough to hack it.

i'm guessing you mean from the other side of the equation, though? sleeps and antis?
Mostly sleep dart.

I've always thought it was stupid the get up animation on it is so long that it's basically a combo ability instead of a CC

data west

Oct 25, 2017
it's always felt pretty balanced to me. she's got no mobility moves. if you're relying on it to save you from a flanker but whiff it, you're pretty much dead.
I'm coming at it from the perspective of a tank.

It's the same issue the game has in general. Everything that's supposed to work on these tiny flankers works even better on a tank.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
I'm coming at it from the perspective of a tank.

It's the same issue the game has in general. Everything that's supposed to work on these tiny flankers works even better on a tank.

huh. i tank way more than i heal lately and it doesn't feel like i get hit by it much at all. the boops and bashes and freezing, definitely. sleep is the one stun skill that i don't think has triggered me yet.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
huh. i tank way more than i heal lately and it doesn't feel like i get hit by it much at all. the boops and bashes and freezing, definitely. sleep is the one stun skill that i don't think has triggered me yet.
It's especially the worst as Hammond. I have seen Ana shoot darts that make Hanzo's arrows look like toothpicks

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Played Lucio and our Ana complained about me healing too much and asked me to switch. I.....uh...

Lol I played a quickplay match as Lucio and this bastion kept saying 'youre supposed to heal' 'heal me' etc on her mic and I was playing a bit shit that day anyway so I thought I was just doing a bad job with heals. Then I saw she was on half health and there were no enemies around at all and she wasn't healing herself. To be fair, she was like lvl 8 so maybe it's her first time playing bastion but even then she should check the abilities lmao.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love when heroes with self-heal ask for heals. Sure, sometimes you're in a jam and need a top up, but I'm generally going to focus heroes that can't heal themselves. Stop feeding and hit the fucking vape, Roadhog.

Best is when people complain about never getting healed literally as you're healing them.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
bad anas can be pretty frustrating, yeah.

you know, the frontline/dps ones, sketchy aim, poor positioning.

Last edited:

Discontent

May 25, 2018
I kinda wish there were 24/7 community servers that just had map rotations or even map specific ones where the games were like first to 25 or whoever wins the most before time ran out like TF2 had. Mainly just to goof around and have random fun moments.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Used the team finder to great success last night. Had a solid guy calling shots and assigning roles - me in Bronze, the rest silver and gold... we... we actually won games. It's like playing a different game altogether XD
If you want to climb, I'd recommend only using "find group" (never solo-queue), you'll have much better team communication & cooperation, plus you don't have to worry about flexing so you can play, practice & improve with the the hero you want. That's how I went from bronze to platinum this season.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Played Mystery Heroes.

Got a character I was good at. Died. Got Zarya who I'm the worst with. Died. Random character and then died. Zarya again? Died. Another random character and died. Zarya? Why Zarya??? Died. Zarya again!

Meanwhile the red team? Bastion, Mercy, Brigitte, Brigitte, Symmetra, Bastion, Zen, another Zen, ANOTHER Brigitte.

I freaking love Mystery Heroes mode sometimes....

Status
Not open for further replies.