• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Did placement for S15. went 6-4. but somehow managed to place higher than last season (since all i did was do placement and got 7-3) lol
doing the very bare minimum.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
i want to put my hand in a blender than try to play zen right now

Some of the matchups in solo queue are really bad. Getting jumped by a Sombra or Winston over and over is pretty terrible and basically prompts a switch to Baguette, but the worst is when the enemy team is also running a Bastion at the same time. Both options are bad then.

Because control maps is just carnival of dumb

You're mad. Control is great. How can you like it less than 2CP?! Assault is just bashing your head against the wall over and over again. You snowball or you don't, and the same can be said of Control but the points are seldom as lopsided favoring one side or another and at least you have more chances to turn it around. I enjoy Control maps.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the matchups in solo queue are really bad. Getting jumped by a Sombra or Winston over and over is pretty terrible and basically prompts a switch to Baguette, but the worst is when the enemy team is also running a Bastion at the same time. Both options are bad then.

You're mad. Control is great. How can you like it less than 2CP?! Assault is just bashing your head against the wall over and over again. You snowball or you don't, and the same can be said of Control but the points are seldom as lopsided favoring one side or another and at least you have more chances to turn it around. I enjoy Control maps.
lol its just my view in the luck of the draw.

i still only will play SoloQ. but after 15 season you think people would understand the game by now. we have people engaging when they shouldn't be. grouping up command is broke. play certain support when it won't work (moira with dive)
anyways, with that said, i like 2CP because it gives me like 5+ minutes to hold. Its very rare our team is the one getting snowballed.

But for me with control is just rinse and repeat until it works. theres very little change when the comp doesn't work. or the team keeps trickling in like its a FFA. sometimes i just want to say bad words but im too nice so i express them here lol.

with that also said. i kinda want to practice at schotcalling better.

also, im playing more lucio again. its S1/S2 all over.

i might play lucio on third alt placement.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
D0_5aeIWwAUVilK

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Balancing in my PTR? Why I never thought I'd see the day.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-march-6-2019/314285
HERO UPDATES
Baptiste
  • Biotic Launcher
    • Can now be stopped from automatically reloading by switching the Automatic Reload option to OFF. This option defaults to ON
  • Immortality Field
    • Made significant changes to its visual appearance and sounds
Junkrat
  • Frag Launcher
    • Impact damage changed from 60 to 50
  • RIP-Tire
    • Cost increased by 10%
Developer Comments: Since the recent increase of Frag Launcher's damage output, Junkrat has been building his ultimate too quickly. We're increasing the cost of his ultimate to balance this change with his increased damage-dealing capabilities.
Zarya
  • Particle Cannon
    • Alternative Fire's explosion radius changed to 2 meters, regardless of energy level
BUG FIXES
Heroes
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Baptiste's Immortality Field to be placed under a payload
  • Fixed a bug where Baptiste's Immortality Field was not destroyed when run over by the payload
  • Fixed a bug where Baptiste's Immortality Field prevented death in out of bounds areas
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Baptiste's Biotic Launcher to heal through barriers
Doomfist
  • Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to not lose his upward jumping movement when using Rocket Punch while in the air
  • Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist to not move while using Rocket Punch if he was recently knocked backed
Junkrat
  • Fixed a bug where Junkrat's Steel Trap didn't make a sound when it landed
Lúcio
  • Fixed a bug where Lúcio's wall jump speed was lower than expected

New immortality field
SrZzzsz.jpg

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
idk if i like the new field. its just... easier to see the drone and its just a circle on the ground.

zarya will be interesting in goat comps.

Salty_Josh

Oct 28, 2017
I disagree with everyone. Baptiste doesn't look like a rejected fortnite character at all. He looks like a rejected apex legends character

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Zarya
  • Particle Cannon
    • Alternative Fire's explosion radius changed to 2 meters, regardless of energy level
lol I wonder how pathetic the 1m explosions were. I wish I'd seen it.

Lúcio
  • Fixed a bug where Lúcio's wall jump speed was lower than expected
I'd heard about this. Glad to hear it was a bug. Seemed to defeat the point of the speed increase otherwise.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Some days I swear people forget how to play this game, Had a dps duo keep saying we should go goats when the rest of the team is support/tanks, Had a team on Volskaya completely fall apart after dominating the defense until people people pushed to hard(i.e Ana solo chasing a powered up Zarya) then the very next defense two people get picked off quick causing a 4v6 and main tank and main healer decided on their own to suicide with us not even engaging in a fight for point A.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
I love his voice lines, skins are kinda good but not great, looks like a fun character. Can't wait for the 2 weeks after he's released are over so people will stop instalocking him, but considering he's also dps maybe that wont be the case.

Oct 27, 2017

This, control is the best and most fair mode as fair as the game can get.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That purple and white recolor is pretty hot tho

Also Ashe's non default skins suck too so eh

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had a weird game where the whole thing felt like in slow motion. Not in terms of lag or anything like that, more that plays and decisions happened at a snail's pace. We still lost though. Only other game tonight was an OT loss where we didn't keep a Reaper and Mercy pocket in check enough. Can't buy a win this season, currently 2-9 lmao.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Some days I swear people forget how to play this game, Had a dps duo keep saying we should go goats when the rest of the team is support/tanks, Had a team on Volskaya completely fall apart after dominating the defense until people people pushed to hard(i.e Ana solo chasing a powered up Zarya) then the very next defense two people get picked off quick causing a 4v6 and main tank and main healer decided on their own to suicide with us not even engaging in a fight for point A.
same
hey when we have tracer genji ball ana zen, against a team with 2 snipers im gonna go winston over rein.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Lol had a game on blizz world yesterday where a duo saying we should run goats while the 3 stack played dps and didn't listen. Each time we lose a fight they would say we should have ran goats. I don't think they gave up lol.

But on hanamura the other team ran goats but we didn't but we actually had synergy so we win easily. Even when we were down a player no one tilted or anything. They were just having fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I streamed some games yesterday but it didn't get uploaded to YouTube. I stopped on the hanamura match because it was just a fun team. Rip

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Geoff knows what everyone wants, more Junkrat and Reaper Buffs
We're mostly going to see how this next patch shakes out, since it has a ton of changes in it already.

That said, we would have liked to keep the Junkrat buff at 140 from a pure DPS stand-point (especially against Tanks/Barriers), but it was just really pushing it once he could one-shot 200 health heroes with a 50%+ boost (Orisa ult, Nano, Baptiste ult, etc). We experimented with making the grenades no longer explode on enemy impact once they hit a surface (as a way to nerf his spam, without affecting direct hits) but it felt really weird and kind of broken in a lot of cases.

So possibly Junkrat buffs and some different Reaper buffs, since the pure passive healing buff was really problematic at the lower ranks.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/geoff-appreciation-thread/314749/55

Lot of good posts, Geoff admits Brig was the most overpowered character

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/geoff-appreciation-thread/314749/48

Geoff appreciation thread

Thanks!​
Overwatch is certainly a challenging game to both tune and continually add new/interesting content. When I think back to how the game was in beta, or even launch, I feel like we've come a long way since then. Remember, there was a time when McCree's fan the hammer did full damage per bullet, Zenyatta had 150 health, Pharah's Conc Blast did 700 damage to shields/barriers (poor Zen…), Reinhardt's charge had no "wind up", it would just come out instantly and pin/kill anyone in front of him.​
That said we're committed to continue to update and tune the game. Although there will always be some changes that will not be popular with some players, know that the the goal is always to keep every hero unique and powerful for everyone.​
While I'm here i might as well clear up a couple minor misconceptions I see occasionally about my history at Blizzard. Previous to the Overwatch team I worked on World of Warcraft as an encounter designer. I made a ton of different content from dungeons like Shadowfang Keep, Deadmines, and Gnomeregan, to raid encounters like Onyxia, Blackwing Lair, C'Thun and Lich King. From there I moved directly onto Titan which eventually became Overwatch. While I have great respect for the designers over on the the Heroes of the Storm team, I never worked on that project other than occasionally sending feedback or talking to various designers over lunch etc.​

Geoff, what do you think was the most overpowered balance change the team has made?

I'd say at this point its pretty clear Brigitte's initial balance was pretty far off the mark. She has been nerfed multiple times since then and she is still very strong.​
Another regret is although I really like the way Hanzo has turned out, I somewhat regret increasing his projectile speed specifically. It will always feel great when testing a change like that, and it has helped make him a lot more consistent… but he has lost some of what helped make him feel very different than other heroes. That's not to say you're going to see Hanzo nerfed next patch or something, but its just one of those retrospect things that I wonder if there was another way to get to the same goal.​

Speaking of balance Geoff, what heroes are on you and your team's radar for changes in the next few PTR cycles [Post-Baptiste hitting live]? Or at least who are you guys planning on changing?

We're mostly going to see how this next patch shakes out, since it has a ton of changes in it already.​
That said, we would have liked to keep the Junkrat buff at 140 from a pure DPS stand-point (especially against Tanks/Barriers), but it was just really pushing it once he could one-shot 200 health heroes with a 50%+ boost (Orisa ult, Nano, Baptiste ult, etc). We experimented with making the grenades no longer explode on enemy impact once they hit a surface (as a way to nerf his spam, without affecting direct hits) but it felt really weird and kind of broken in a lot of cases.​
So possibly Junkrat buffs and some different Reaper buffs, since the pure passive healing buff was really problematic at the lower ranks.​

Out of interest, what are some mechanics currently absent from Overwatch that you'd like to see added/are campaigning to have added?

We have a ton of unused ability and weapon prototypes sitting around. They're generally either something we've tried on a hero in the past and didn't like, or something we did like but didn't feel like it fit right on the hero we were testing.​
Some examples off the top of my head:​
Bomblet Gun: We had this gun where the projectiles would stick into enemies, but the impact damage was pretty low. The alternate fire had a fairly long animation time but would remotely detonate all the little bombs you stuck into all your targets. It was pretty fun but we just need the right hero for it to work with (it was really fun playing around with it on Tracer!).​
Invis Wall: This was originally on Sombra i think? The idea is you plant this wall that made it so enemies couldn't see you though it, but you and your allies could see just fine. It didn't block bullets like a barrier, it was just for hiding while running past a choke or just throwing into the middle of a fight. It was pretty scary to fight against when all these projectiles were just magically coming out of the thing but you couldn't see who or where they were being fired from. It was like a high-tech smoke bomb, kind of.​
I always thought it would be cool to try to do some sort of "tunneling" effect, where you could maybe temporarily destroy or remove a small part of a level to move or shoot through.​
Honestly it'll probably never happen due to immense tech issues, but it always seemed like it could be cool to see.​

But I was wondering, would you guys ever consider buffing her HPS up to 55 to see if it works as a nice middleground? It could be the extra "oomph" some Mercy players miss about her healing. Or also, would you ever consider giving her an ability on her Reload button for her staff which temporarily boosts her healing output?

I think that's certainly possible. Overall her healing output is still higher than the other healers, which she pays for by not being able to split focus and do other things while healing. I'd also love to be able to increase the power of her damage boosting, but it causes a lot of issues with various breakpoints where suddenly X hero can one-shot 200 health heroes etc. There are other ways to make it feel better without just adding raw damage though, we'll see.​

One huge thing that sits in Sym main's minds is the teleporter. Are you looking at buffing it / making it more consistent? Bonus question: Ever thinking about returning shielding (blue HP providing) to Sym in some form?

I actually looked into the railings stuff with Symm/Reaper ground targeting and worked on it for a while last week. It turns out its a bit more complicated and is going to require some code changes to try to change it, but i'm hoping we can get something in next patch if it goes well in play testing.​
As far as the teleport build speed… maybe. I totally get the thing where you go to try to make the clutch save and the build time is so long that they die anyway, but the concern is we need to make sure we don't just give your whole team nearly instant teleportation across a huge area. If we're not careful it could really make all chokes not even worth trying to defend etc. That said it something we could try and play test with and see how it goes.​

(Unsure if correct reply) Echo has wings :eyes:

Hmm… you're right…​

Last edited:

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went on a fucking tear last night in ranked with my friend - ended sourly though during the second half of our last comp as I had to go and deal with the kids. But the climb is real. It's happening. Look out, gold, here I come!

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
When I think of the woman of Overwatch League an image of Geguri springs to mind, and... did more ladies come on board?

Status
Not open for further replies.