• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Newest PTR update
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-march-8-2019/315263
HERO UPDATES
Baptiste

• Made significant visual and audio updates to abilities
BUG FIXES
General

• Fixed a bug where damage boost stat tracking was incorrect in some circumstances
Heroes
Ana
Fixed a bug where, when a character boosted by Mercy landed a shot, Mercy didn't receive audio or visual cues
Ashe
  • Fixed a bug where Dynamite's damage over time was not being damage boosted
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug where his Amplification Matrix was boosting enemy damage
  • Fixed a bug where the healing done by the grenades from his Biotic Launcher was not boosted by the Amplification Matrix
Brigitte
  • Fixed a bug where her Barrier Shield would not regenerate after being destroyed
D.Va
  • Fixed a bug where D.Va's mech would destroy itself sooner than intended
Mercy
  • Fixed a bug where Mercy was only gaining ultimate charge if she was boosting a hero while their projectile did damage, not when the hero shot the projectile
  • Fixed a bug where, when a character boosted by Mercy landed a shot, Mercy didn't receive audio or visual cues
  • Fixed a bug where Mercy gained more ultimate charge than intended while damage boosting an ally who was also being damage boosted by someone else
Moira
  • Fixed a bug where Moira's healing Biotic Orb would not run out of resources

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You ever get so thoroughly dunked on that you just can't help but laugh?

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
That Reaper, he's not alright.

49vQlyI.jpg

Names removed to protect the innocent. I took PotG as well; deleted a Doomfist, ulted on a Tracer and Rein trying to sandwich me, then jumped on a Hog and took him out while refilling my health. I feel like all those hours of Mystery Heroes pay off whenever Mystery Deathmatch enters rotation, the randomness suits me.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be okay if they made it so that Sym can instantly use the TP but put a little delay for every teammate that uses it. Say half a second per teammate. Also make it permanent til it's destroyed or when Sym redeploys it (or even better, give her the capability to destroy it like with Sombra's translocator.) Have a visual indicator to let teammates know its ready to use.

This way the TP adds to Sym's survivability/mobility and still give that utility without being overbearing and OP. It also adds more tactical strategy when used by teams that are well coordinated.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I really, really like Baptiste. The way he shoots is soooo halo and the little fist bump he does just makes me all fired up.

Only one problem: I played so much no aim heroes that I'm not sure if I could even play him now lol.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
This PTR cycle has me hopeful for the future of the game. They've actually been adding huge (but reasonable) changes and, most importantly, iterating on them. Ideally this is a good sign for future updates to the game

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was playing Mystery Heroes. Mouse went bad during Overtime as Reinhardt and my character began moving to a different direction. I tried bringing it back but I wasn't fast enough. And I got completely ripped apart by my team lol. The one guy on chat who kept telling us to do things got mad at me and said "well no wonder we were losing". It didn't help that I was the one of the only two bronze in a team of silvers and one gold.

Man that hurt to hear haha. I remember why I never liked playing with Silvers.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
a slightly faster spin up time and the option to manually destroy it is all I want from Symm's tp

and to be less clunky on railings but they're working on that one

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to try doing my first placement game. Got matched into a zarya that I think was a smurf, or else just really well supported by her team. I tried to coordinate, but no one was listening, and just like that, I'm in tilt city. This is about 2 minutes into my first placement match. Immediately exited out. No regrets. I haven't played competitive in weeks and I haven't put in more than a couple matches into the last 3 seasons or so.

I used to not understand why people mainly played in quickplay, but I honestly get it now and that's where I spend most of my time, between that and deathmatch. I don't think I really enjoy those games the way I did back in the first 2 years of OW, but I literally cannot play Comp anymore without losing my hair.

I'm really hoping the changes they make help that soon.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Hi all. Thinking of getting into OW on the PC. Haven't really played on PC and was only into OW back during launch window on PS4. How's the Era community? Is there an active Discord? I cant seem to get the link to work from the OP (tried quoting etc.)

Lady Siara

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all. Thinking of getting into OW on the PC. Haven't really played on PC and was only into OW back during launch window on PS4. How's the Era community? Is there an active Discord? I cant seem to get the link to work from the OP (tried quoting etc.)

Yep, we just started a new one and we're even trying to get some in-house stuff going again.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I just joined too. My handle will be Titik. I main Sym but can flex to support (in order of proficiency: Mercy/Brig/Moira/) and tank (Orisa/D.va/Rein). I sometimes Torb as well. Only play on PC.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
making solo moira work with genji, sombra, doomfist, zarya, rein against 3-3. team work well enough to emp grav.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oasis City Center, I'm by the road as Reaper and end up 5 of them Vs me, I wraith form and run along the road back towards spawn, they all chase me and get killed by a car.

lols.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
OW is the best game when everything clicks no matter what rank you at.

These days I'm no longer solo queuing and only playing with friends because I can't be bothered to deal with throwers and toxicity.

It really is the only way to play it, it becomes a different game entirely

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team Stacking is in a great place if you have 5 other dudes willing to practice and get better with you. Everything outside of that is pretty awful right now. I can not play this game casually and have fun, which is very sad, as im getting older and dont have the time to commit to playing like that

I have been coaching a Diamond/Plat league team and my team has been doing super well, so that's good at least.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even outside of OD (which honestly blows) there's a few low level comp leagues out there for playing/watching

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
TFW you 360 a sleep on a genji blade (he missed his dash on me thank god). 2nd time my mouse line got snagged. RIP.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just played a game against 3 randoms (non teammates) who were clear as day smurfs. first prestige, low level.

How is this not an issue in this game? it's really frustrating when I go up against players who are clearly faking their rank

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played a game against 3 randoms (non teammates) who were clear as day smurfs. first prestige, low level.

How is this not an issue in this game? it's really frustrating when I go up against players who are clearly faking their rank

It's a major issue and the defense "They just rank up super fast" is horseshit because they will spend games throwing to make sure they do not climb. Is a load of it in lower ranks, clear smurfs and complete throwers.

Basically Blizzard don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.