• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i haven't even touched the zen/lucio nerf on ptr yet. but i don't think it'll do much for me during non-goats. since i always relied on headshots with zen.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
I feel like reinharts learning curve is Bronze = w+m1 and charge at the enemy, Gold = play super safe and always have your shield up, Diamond = w+m1 at the enemy and sometimes block a shatter.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is rein in silver just a burly dps?

Once when I was dead, I was speccing a Hanzo teammate while waiting to respawn. The Hanzo was less than 5m away from a mostly stationary enemy Mcree. Hanzo pulled out Storm Arrow and missed every single shot. Mcree flashbanged to FTH my Hanzo to end their suffering.

So in summary, yes

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Can we have some French in the OT title in honor of our lord and savior, monsieur Baptiste?

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I want the next patch so bad. Baptiste is great, but all the changes they made to other characters are gonna shake up the game. And offense capable Orisa, deadlier junkrat, combo ready doom fist, Armored torb, and so on

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot viable symmetra

Oh yeah

I want the next patch so bad. Baptiste is great, but all the changes they made to other characters are gonna shake up the game. And offense capable Orisa, deadlier junkrat, combo ready doom fist, Armored torb, and so on

Yup. Been playing mostly PTR because of all the changes. Live game is boring to me now.

Gimme dat new Sym beam and buffer Torb pls!

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is there a full list? I remember i saw it before but forgot

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Not sure how orisa is buffed unless i missed something

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Not sure how orisa is buffed unless i missed something

Faster movement while shooting I believe.

Edit: This was buggin' me. Here it is: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-february-26-2019/308283

The current PTR is a list of changes spread across like a half-dozen tiny PTR patches. It's kind of annoying that there's not one master "this is what's currently different on PTR compared to live" list.

Orisa
  • Fusion Driver
    • Movement speed penalty while firing reduced from 50% to 30%
Developer Comments: As a defensive tank, Orisa can have trouble pushing forward with the team. Allowing Orisa to move faster while firing should make it easier to apply pressure on the enemy team and use her barrier in proactive ways.

Last edited:

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
God this game is so damned hard to enjoy some nights. I just want to fuck around in quickplay as a low diamond/high plat player. Multiple top 500s in the game and the rest are smurfs...ugh

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
God this game is so damned hard to enjoy some nights. I just want to fuck around in quickplay as a low diamond/high plat player. Multiple top 500s in the game and the rest are smurfs...ugh

Meanwhile down here in plat I'm havin' QP fun on Ana and rackin' up endorsements on Sombra. Got back up to level 4 yusss.

Also I feel ya, I got my ass beat by a masters McCree main the other day. I like challenging myself with tough opponents but... it was like being expected to win a thumb wrestling match v. Edward Scissorhands. You're gonna' lose and it's gonna' hurt.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lmao I used to rank low Gold but then dropped to Silver and I'm at a point where I regularly play Golds so I get my ass handed to me but since we're fucking Silver, teamwork isn't good enough to let us be effective in teams, without being extremely good with our respective characters.

Or maybe I'm just shit

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
lmao I used to rank low Gold but then dropped to Silver and I'm at a point where I regularly play Golds so I get my ass handed to me but since we're fucking Silver, teamwork isn't good enough to let us be effective in teams, without being extremely good with our respective characters.

Or maybe I'm just shit
I hit master twice but only barely in like two seasons a while back and now regularly place right at diamond or right below. But I'm a flex player who plays MT and Support mainly. Just want ot mess around as dps in QP but there are way too many smurfs and gm players.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I hate more in QP?

Blue team: all DPS

Enemy team: 2-2-2

Every goddamn time. No fun allowed.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lost 1000 SR last night because I stuck with a team who had their heart in the right place but couldn't get their shit together. Nice bunch, though. Good times. :(

Edit: I lost over 100, not 1000, that's just silly.

Last edited:

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I hit master twice but only barely in like two seasons a while back and now regularly place right at diamond or right below. But I'm a flex player who plays MT and Support mainly. Just want ot mess around as dps in QP but there are way too many smurfs and gm players.

An important aspect of QP is being able to enjoy it
-when someone +1000 SR over you is on the enemy team
-when your team goes 6 dps
-when they have Lucio+Brig and you've got a Zen
-when they have the luxury of a tank and you don't
-when you're just practicing a new hero and really can't be expected to perform very well

All of these are probably going to result in a loss - and here's the important thing to remember: that's okay.

I've gone back and watched some of my launch year Tracer clips - stuff I was very proud of at the time - and I was horrifyingly bad. Like I was costing my team wins, period.

So to offset that moral error, I'd play support for at least 50% of my games. My Year One Mercy was a gift to my teams - each game deposited capital in a bank of ethics - which I would withdraw and spend every time I practiced Tracer

And I still felt bad about it lol

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
So are you hating on the team that's actually trying to have a semi-good game or the team that's actively throwing because 'It'S jUsT qP'? Not clear from your post.

Former. Every time in QP I legit don't have fun trying out DPS because of try hards. Am I supposed to fill in every game? Lol

Why I rather play FFA than QP.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Former. Every time in QP I legit don't have fun trying out DPS because of try hards. Am I supposed to fill in every game? Lol

Why I rather play FFA than QP.

It's rough, but playing new heroes V tryhards is the best way to learn 'em, imo. Sombra can kill 4 200hp heroes in one clip if they're making it easy, but that's not how things actually go down in the streets!

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Going for a 2/2/2 comp in QP doesn't make you a 'tryhard'.

Well first of all MCD was explicitly complaining about tryhards in the bit I was responding to, not 2/2/2. (2/2/2 was above that.)

Second, I like to think anyone who's just earnestly trying to win the game is tryharding, regardless of their hero pick - as it should be.

And third, yeah, 2/2/2 is a fucking luxury. 2/2/2 is the towering, beautiful, perfect Big Mac in the ads - an ideal we were sold on - but when you open that box you'll almost-definitely discover a smushed, pathetic thing.

When you open the box, expect a McDouble and feel blessed if you actually got 2 pieces of beef.

To take this analogy to its natural destination - a perfect Big Mac is always the ambition, but it can't be expected or (worst case!) relied upon. So expect something a little less robust - be prepared for it - and count your lucky stars your team has enough of the Secret Sauce to make things tasty.

Oh shits. I just read a Wiki that says Lena Oxton's middle name is "Thousand Islands."

...seems a bit on the nose.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Well first of all MCD was explicitly complaining about tryhards in the bit I was responding to, not 2/2/2. (2/2/2 was above that.)

Second, I like to think anyone who's just earnestly trying to win the game is tryharding, regardless of their hero pick - as it should be.

And third, yeah, 2/2/2 is a fucking luxury. 2/2/2 is the towering, beautiful, perfect Big Mac in the ads - an ideal we were sold on - but when you open that box you'll almost-definitely discover a smushed, pathetic thing.

When you open the box, expect a McDouble and feel blessed if you actually got 2 pieces of beef.

To take this analogy to its natural destination - a perfect Big Mac is always the ambition, but it can't be expected or (worst case!) relied upon. So expect something a little less robust - be prepared for it - and count your lucky stars your team has enough of the Secret Sauce to make things tasty.

Oh shits. I just read a Wiki that says Lena Oxton's middle name is "Thousand Islands."

...seems a bit on the nose.
You ok? Weird post man.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
which is why I prefer mystery heroes over qp to have fun. no stress about heroes picks.

The problem I have with Mystery Heroes over QP is that often I get a hero I just can't play to save the life of me. I'm the absolute worst with Widow, Doomfist and Hammond, and I'm not likely going to get any better with them when the RNG keeps rolling them for me. I'd guesstimate that about 60-70% of my playtime in MH is those 3 + Hanzo lol.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
The problem I have with Mystery Heroes over QP is that often I get a hero I just can't play to save the life of me. I'm the absolute worst with Widow, Doomfist and Hammond, and I'm not likely going to get any better with them when the RNG keeps rolling them for me. I'd guesstimate that about 60-70% of my playtime in MH is those 3 + Hanzo lol.
I'll die superquick on Doom, Hanzo and Genji still but I've definitely gotten a little better at all 3, and my Widow has graduated to "not unbelievably terrible" thanks entirely to MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.