• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm good.

I just enjoyed the big mac analogy too much.

TL DR don't expect much from qp or teammates and you can't be disappointed.

This is pretty much the perspective I go into QP games with. I just wish I wouldn't have such ridiculous losing streaks at times, and usually they're all steamrolls, too. It's very deflating. :c

I'll die superquick on Doom, Hanzo and Genji still but I've definitely gotten a little better at all 3, and my Widow has graduated to "not unbelievably terrible" thanks entirely to MH.

I mean, I'm not gonna say I only feed my HP when playing those, every couple of games I am forced to play heroes I don't know how to play, I actually make a kill that ends up winning us a fight/point, so that's pretty cool.
I just don't want to get Widow 3-5 times in the same game, y'know?

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
MH is my favorite part of OW. I wish they'd have more goof-around modes, like the old "all-brawls" playlist.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think one thing that would make MH a lot more fun was if the RNG was guaranteeing you at least 1 healer, regardless of what happens. I've had so many games in MH where one of the two teams gets not a single healer in the entire round, while the other team gets 2-3 healers and 2-3 tanks. Been on both ends of it, too.
It's, however, the only PVP mode in Arcade that I can tolerate that isn't CTF, so during events when I wanna get those Arcade boxes, I begrudgingly play it.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
MH is my favorite part of OW. I wish they'd have more goof-around modes, like the old "all-brawls" playlist.
I love mystery heroes some times. Then they get bastion/orisa and it just feels over. There is no coordination, probably not getting ults to beat it and you might just get unlucky.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I play comp most of the time so QP is the relaxing mode for me. If I have 5 DPS I don't really care cause I can still practice mechanics. Play an off tank and stay stapled to the actual carry DPS on the team to practice target focus when there are no comms, focus around playing with healers as main tank, etc.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Imo part of the thrill of MH is figuring out a way to overcome like a Bastion/Orisa/2 Mercy comp with nothing more than the items you see before you and MacGuyvering together a solution - and having it work. Going up against the ridiculous (or enjoying being part of something ridiculous) is part of the pleasure of the mode.

All I'd want changed is ult charge. Let me get my ult on Tracer, die, and then come back with Grav on Zarya. It'd help the steamrolls the games can become now when one team gets their ults quick.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imo part of the thrill of MH is figuring out a way to overcome like a Bastion/Orisa/2 Mercy comp with nothing more than the items you see before you and MacGuyvering together a solution - and having it work. Going up against the ridiculous (or enjoying being part of something ridiculous) is part of the pleasure of the mode.

All I'd want changed is ult charge. Let me get my ult on Tracer, die, and then come back with Grav on Zarya. It'd help the steamrolls the games can become now when one team gets their ults quick.

I mean, it was quite funny when I had a team of 5 Hanzos and an Ana once, but it didn't work out very well. :P

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Well funny's close enough to fun.

Z5gvcIo.jpg

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
The problem I have with Mystery Heroes over QP is that often I get a hero I just can't play to save the life of me. I'm the absolute worst with Widow, Doomfist and Hammond, and I'm not likely going to get any better with them when the RNG keeps rolling them for me. I'd guesstimate that about 60-70% of my playtime in MH is those 3 + Hanzo lol.
at that time i woulda try my best to gitgud by stay alive as long as i can and get ult, otherwise blame rng and shrug it off. no need to stress :p

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
also we're down 600sr.. just going to keep going down until i eventually hit bronze so i can farm for another gold weapon. i already have like 5400 so far. thats enough for bap and idk what else to get. just gonna go get a widow gold gun even though i don't play her. lol

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Dumb question...what's your gameplan as Reindhart? Like put up Shield, pray for healer, die, repeat?

Thump forward taking light damage so the healers can begin building ult, use shield to create safe space for healers and DPS to operate in, swing the hammer at anyone who comes in range to communicate my desire for them to fuck right off, never charge as a response to the shield getting low or breaking, always have cover nearby to slip behind when it happens.

Switch to Mei or D.Va or Hog when the heals aren't comin' my way.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
LOL I think I usually do the latter and switch to Orissa. I should try to learn Diva and Hog...I'm just real bad at hooking people.

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Also, don't obviously and awkwardly stumble toward the enemy front line when your shield's low and you have ult, unless your plan is to force them back and take a defensive posture because you're trying to make them think you have or will shatter (and 'unless' to that they're dumb and you can get away with that).

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
everyone make sure to buy this

Made of polyester fiber, measures approximately 10.5" tall. Ages 4+, spot clean only.

big enough to kick around.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question...what's your gameplan as Reindhart? Like put up Shield, pray for healer, die, repeat?

W+M1 is a meme but honestly a big part, at least from my relatively low exposure to Rein (only 1ish season really making an effort to play him and I'm bronze/silver xD).

The idea is to lead the engagement, whether this be punishing an out of position enemy, moving while shielding to encourage your team to move from cover to cover, shielding to protect your team if need be, or literally swinging into the enemy. Rein has the tools to cause huge disruption, it's surprising how much a single character can do to disrupt an enemy setup if he is properly supported. Taking space can be as simple as moving from worse cover to better cover to setup for the next movement, or as aggressive as swinging into the enemy and forcing them to move from where they are.

A lot of learning Rein for me so far has been learning how to communicate, learning how to work with your team, and learning how to control the agression. You'll know when you're too agressive: you'll die a lot, you'll miss enemies flanking you, you'll break your shield over meaningless damage. You'll know when you're too passive, because you won't be doing much aside from being a temporary wall all the time and waiting on your team to get picks. You can be that wall sometimes, but that's not your only purpose.

Easy low level tips:
  • Firestrike. It cleaves through shield and enemies and does 100 damage to each if you get a nice group. If you Firestrike out of shield enemies might commit to you a bit and try to punish, but you can punish back if they get greedy. Worst case, your healers top you up and they get ult charge.
  • Shattering even a few enemies helps. It doesn't have to be a fat team shatter. Shatter can also help in counter situations; I've shattered enemies who graved my team because all they went red in the eyes and dropped shield.
  • Don't charge long distance to kill. It leaves you way too open, is easy to punish and avoid. Very, very rarely does it go unpunished, even in bronze.
  • If you want a better kill/damage option, swing the hammer once, then Firestrike. It cancels the animation, so you do 175 burst damage.
  • Pressing shield+hammer swing allows you to spin the camera around Rein, handy for checking around corners and if your team is even with you.
  • Try not to let your shield break, it takes longer to recharge. This is why setting up near cover is handy, you just duck behind to recharge.
Playing Reinhardt is like playing a fighting game, except as a character you need to rely on your team in order to play to your full potential.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm stuck in Gold this season.

Every time I get a few wins, I get a few shitlords and leavers to undo it all. If it was fair losses fine, but losing cos some abusive stain threw his toys out the pram and left game is just bullshit. It's those players alone that stop me climbing.

Wondering if I should just throw and sink down to some tier where I can farm trophies easy for entertainment.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
No, no. Mmh. Easier. Quicker. More seductive.

(But how am I to know the good side from the bad?)

You will know. When you are calm.

Veelk k that was pretty good.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Reinstalled after a break.

3 Volskaya, 2 Horizon, 2 Blizzard World in 2 hours. Only assault map was Busan.

Finally got Ilios and our Ashe figured out the best way to not get Bob thrown in the well by Hog or Orisa was to just throw him directly in the hole herself.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I got 1GB background patch today. I guess it's Baptiste update. I am not really hyped about him that much but i am just excited that this game is finally getting new content. Hopefully they will start teasing Archives shorty after Baptiste is released.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
What is up with this current competitive season? It feels like all the decent players quit and all the assholes and one-trick off-meta players are all that's left, win or lose. I've hovered over that uninstall a few times this week.

It's not just the losses either, even the wins don't feel earned because the other team is having the same issues, sometimes players in both teams are trying their hardest to throw the match. I've played maybe about 30-40 matches this season and 75% have been losses due to trolls. I used to be 3300 SR now I'm down to 2450.

Is the current meta killing the game?

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
What is up with this current competitive season? It feels like all the decent players quit and all the assholes and one-trick off-meta players are all that's left, win or lose. I've hovered over that uninstall a few times this week.

It's not just the losses either, even the wins don't feel earned because the other team is having the same issues, sometimes players in both teams are trying their hardest to throw the match. I've played maybe about 30-40 matches this season and 75% have been losses due to trolls. I used to be 3300 SR now I'm down to 2450.

Is the current meta killing the game?

Think most people are taking a break till the new patch on Tuesday.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I've learned that queueing in the very late hours is the best time to do so. All the annoying little brats are asleep and I can main tank with relative peace.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In about 30min @ 5pm EST and 2pm PST we will be doing the Era discord in house games... So if you aren't in the discord get there so you can join in!

Status
Not open for further replies.