• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I'd rather fight a Reaper than a Sym. Turret heroes shouldn't be on console!

Lord no, this is pure joy - that's why she giggles so much. I'm always jealous to miss out on the in-houses, but this happened tonight so there's still fun to be had with a Dualshock ^.^

I can't watch this without laughing.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

A Tracer pulsebomb multikill? In 2019?
dicking around in qp as Symm
enemy pulls out a Winston
I swap to Reaper and laugh

I've been switching more in my games and it has helped a lot. I used to try and not swap because I wanted to learn to play better, but its just nowadays less stressful to realize your garbage and genji and always will be and just swap.

I feel there is an underappreciated psychological side to OW. Yeah, sometimes you get just tilty teammates/enemies, but there are also times where you weaponize the tilt against them, and it's pretty great when it happens.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I've been switching more in my games and it has helped a lot. I used to try and not swap because I wanted to learn to play better, but its just nowadays less stressful to realize your garbage and genji and always will be and just swap.
yeah, changing if you're not having success or to counter is hugely important
I like to play a lot of the, uh, "less typical" DPS characters and that's made me very prepared to swap if need be
Lord no, this is pure joy - that's why she giggles so much. I'm always jealous to miss out on the in-houses, but this happened tonight so there's still fun to be had with a Dualshock ^.^
my fear
nothing scarier then playing Zen and hearing the woooom and getting a Tracer unloading in your back
at least with EMP you're just gonna die, with Tracer you've got a chance to 1v1 her so dying feels so much worse lol
I'd rather fight a Reaper than a Sym. Turret heroes shouldn't be on console!
builders for life!! #BuffSymm2019

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Two more days till us cosole player get to try Baptiste. But I was wondering will there be a "grace period" to learn Baptiste before he's put into competitive?
xiwou6yga6lp.jpg
Haha, replace "NetFlix" with "YouTube & HuLu" and that's my life exactly.😄

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
Okay kool, I hope they add the "Unlimited" mode to Arcade when he's released, so everyone can try him out.

Yep, there's always a no limits mode where you'll find 6 Baptistes vs 5 Baptistes and a Rein - for the first week.

A Tracer pulsebomb multikill? In 2019?

A 3-k with the pulse is probably one out of 75. 4k more like 1 in 200 these days.

I feel there is an underappreciated psychological side to OW. Yeah, sometimes you get just tilty teammates/enemies, but there are also times where you weaponize the tilt against them, and it's pretty great when it happens.

Oh it's a huge part of my game. You can get a lot done without firing a shot - that's why the wave is bound to a face button.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Didn't they say one week on twitter

They made a mistake, They've been pretty set with this 2 week thing for both maps and characters
Hey all,

I wanted to follow-up on this. It was previously noted that Baptiste would be unlocked in Competitive Play one week after his initial release. This was incorrect. Baptiste will be playable in Competitive Play two weeks after his launch this Tuesday.

This change has been updated and revised in the original post.

Thank you.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/baptiste-developer-q-a-answers/317030/100

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
So Junkrat is coming tomorrow to Apex Legends, alongside first Battle Pass for the game. Not the best news for Baptiste release if you ask me, since both are happening on the same day.

Would you guys like Battle Pass for OW, since it's becoming very popular and a trend in basically every MP game? Maybe if OW goes f2p, like many ppl are expecting/hoping?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Junkrat is coming tomorrow to Apex Legends, alongside first Battle Pass for the game. Not the best news for Baptiste release if you ask me, since both are happening on the same day.

Would you guys like Battle Pass for OW, since it's becoming very popular and a trend in basically every MP game? Maybe if OW goes f2p, like many ppl are expecting/hoping?

Overwatch needed a battle pass two years ago. The game is desperately in need of a feature to maintain engagement beyond shitty loot boxes.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would go for a battle pass if the team could demonstrably show the level of content/updates are worth the battle pass. I don't really care for skins anymore as currently done.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Overwatch needed a battle pass two years ago. The game is desperately in need of a feature to maintain engagement beyond shitty loot boxes.
Exactly. And for the game like OW, it's such a missed opportunity, really. Love it or hate it, no one can deny it that it makes ppl more interested in the game, it makes them like you said more engaged and that feel of progressing and unlocking stuff in Battle Pass lootboxes just can't give. OW definitely needs some change(s).

for someone who hasn't fortnite'd or apex'd, what do battle passes even give the customer?

It usually gives cosmetic stuff, like skins, emotes, highlight intros, weapons... basically any kind of cosmetic that is available in the game. There are usually 100 levels, and by playing the game you earn Battle Pass XP and level up your Battle Pass which makes you unlock all the stuff. They (seasons) usually last 2 or 3 months each.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
overwatch has needed a restructuring of its loot/cosmetic unlocking systems for a while now

I'd wager most people who've been playing this game for years already have most of the vanilla box stuff and probably gain enough currency to buy one or two new skins when events come

meanwhile, newer players are given basically no currency (since dupes no longer exist until you've gotten everything in a rarity tier) so if they want event skins they have to buy loot boxes or grind and pray

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
overwatch has needed a restructuring of its loot/cosmetic unlocking systems for a while now

I'd wager most people who've been playing this game for years already have most of the vanilla box stuff and probably gain enough currency to buy one or two new skins when events come

meanwhile, newer players are given basically no currency (since dupes no longer exist until you've gotten everything in a rarity tier) so if they want event skins they have to buy loot boxes or grind and pray
Yeah, i am playing since day one and it's exactly as you said.

I am only missing some Legendary skins and maybe few Epic items. And basically 90% of my lootboxes are 4 duplicate items for such a long time now. When there is a event, my first 10-15 boxes are all new items and then 4 duplicate boxes continue. It's really, really bad.

And what you said about new players is also true. I mean yeah they are getting less duplicates but they are barely getting any gold and can't buy anything directly with it because they don't have enough. And i don't even want to talk about event Legendary skins costing 3k gold.

Overall it's just really bad and outdated system for 2019.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
When did enjoyment of a game become leveling up and cosmetics, and not the you know, gameplay?

Embarrassing.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Just fought 4 stacks that got their whole team to play Goats in QP....this is disgusting

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I accidently wiped my sensitivity settings. I haven't played since launch where there was just a y axis and z axis slider for the sensitivity and I can't get anything to feel right. There's so many options and I have no clue what they do.

There's a program on PC that tells you what sensitivity settings to use depending on what youre already playing. So it takes your csgo numbers and tells you how close you can get to it in other shooters. Idk how accurate that program is, but whats everyones sensitivities here on PS4? The only shooter i've played at all this whole gen is Destiny 1 and 2 on default settings, any way to get it to feel like that basically and I can go from there?

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I accidently wiped my sensitivity settings. I haven't played since launch where there was just a y axis and z axis slider for the sensitivity and I can't get anything to feel right. There's so many options and I have no clue what they do.

There's a program on PC that tells you what sensitivity settings to use depending on what youre already playing. So it takes your csgo numbers and tells you how close you can get to it in other shooters. Idk how accurate that program is, but whats everyones sensitivities here on PS4? The only shooter i've played at all this whole gen is Destiny 1 and 2 on default settings, any way to get it to feel like that basically and I can go from there?
here are my PS4 settings, don't know how they'll feel for you but I'm comfortable with them
Horizontal: 35
Vertical: 35

Aim Assist Strength: 100
Aim Assist Window Size: 80
Aim Assist Legacy Mode: OFF
Aim Assist Ease In: 50
Aim Smoothing: 0
Aim Ease In: 35

Aim Technique: Linear Ramp

Ana & Widowmaker specific,
Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed: 70.00

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Decided to play ranked.. Just had a game where I was the one of two players with not a smurf account. The other team had a widow that was either cheating or the greatest widow smurf i've ever played with. I kind of hate this game.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gD8lZVa.jpg

I took this screenshot as soon as the round started because I just had one of those hunches. What was it Jayne once said? 50% of matches are lost at the hero select screen?

We lost. They had Pharmercy and our three brain genius DPSes refused to switch until round 1 of Anubis was nearly over and then they couldn't hit anything anyway.

That sensation of knowing a game is lost before it's even started, that you're about to waste the next 10-20 minutes of your life on a completely unwinnable match because you've been given AI bots as teammates, is the quintessential Overwatch experience.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just fought 4 stacks that got their whole team to play Goats in QP....this is disgusting

Did they win?

gD8lZVa.jpg

I took this screenshot as soon as the round started because I just had one of those hunches. What was it Jayne once said? 50% of matches are lost at the hero select screen?

We lost. They had Pharmercy and our three brain genius DPSes refused to switch until round 1 of Anubis was nearly over and then they couldn't hit anything anyway.

That sensation of knowing a game is lost before it's even started, that you're about to waste the next 10-20 minutes of your life on a completely unwinnable match because you've been given AI bots as teammates, is the quintessential Overwatch experience.

Depending on rank though, I never consider a game lost until it actually happens(or we're getting rolled hard).

I've had several games where our 4 dps, 1 tank, 1 support team beats the enemy's 2-2-2 comp.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty new to the game and the last thing I care about is the cosmetic side of it.

In both Overwatch and Apex I keep most stuff set on default regardless but my experience may not be typical of most newcomers.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I finally got internet back on my PS4. Now I'm torn on whether to go back to PS4 or continue playing on laptop. I finally carved a good tiny chunk on laptop and I got the Ana Bastet skin there but PS4 has all my other unlocks and my treasured Pink Mercy skin and Noire Widowmaker skin.

If only I could merge my accounts together....

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PC version is superior. Why would you ever go back aside from friends begging you to play with them or for the luls.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
PC version is superior. Why would you ever go back aside from friends begging you to play with them or for the luls.
It is better, but for reasons unrelated to gameplay. In fact, having Widow be as good as she is on PC is worse for me, personally. Good Widows are the bane of my life.

For me, it's better mostly for optimization reasons. Everything is goes loads faster and smoother and so on. It also has text chat. But in terms of sheer gameplay, I wouldn't mind going back to Console Overwatch. The game is slower, but not really 'worse' for me.

That said my last patch was over a year ago, so idk if they f'ed something up that I haven't heard about.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is better, but for reasons unrelated to gameplay. In fact, having Widow be as good as she is on PC is worse for me, personally. Good Widows are the bane of my life.

For me, it's better mostly for optimization reasons. Everything is goes loads faster and smoother and so on. It also has text chat. But in terms of sheer gameplay, I wouldn't mind going back to Console Overwatch. The game is slower, but not really 'worse' for me.

That said my last patch was over a year ago, so idk if they f'ed something up that I haven't heard about.

I played this last Saturday, it was slower, and I couldn't aim as DPS outside of Tracer... It was not as fun as PC. I think there are some hurdles to enjoy the PC version but they are mostly worth it.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I am generally okay with both keyboard and mouse or controller. I notice that I do a lot better with certain characters in kb/m and better with others on controller.

But like I mentioned earlier the big draw is my unlocked stuff that exist only in the PS4 version and the stuff that I only have on PC. That's what's really conflicting me.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I am generally okay with both keyboard and mouse or controller. I notice that I do a lot better with certain characters in kb/m and better with others on controller.

But like I mentioned earlier the big draw is my unlocked stuff that exist only in the PS4 version and the stuff that I only have on PC. That's what's really conflicting me.
I know your pain.

I want my Breast Cancer Mercy skin from my PS4 back :(

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I know your pain.

I want my Breast Cancer Mercy skin from my PS4 back :(
Yeah Pink Mercy is a HUGE reason for why I'm so torn on which to go! Even though my PC version has Bastet Ana which I didn't get on PS4, the PS4 version counters with me having Pink Mercy, Pacific and Atlantic All-Star Genji and Tracer skins, Noire Widowmaker, and basically almost every other season event skin!

Status
Not open for further replies.