• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Playing Baptiste whole day long. Having so much fun. New main for sure. Some fun clips for you all:

Some stats too:

20190321-213106.jpg

20190321-213138.jpg

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Only thing I fear with Baptise is how he can potentially stall 2cp even longer with his field.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Overwatch decides my first ever Sombra PotG (complete with "Hacking" intro!) isn't worth saving as a highlight, but me as Orisa walking forward as I throw my shield and shoot things is one for the ages. The fuck.

To top it off, my first legendary drop post- Baptiste is a legendary pile of coins.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
So now that I'm playing more...

what's the deal with this endorsement stuff, I got to level 3 and almost immediately demoted

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
^^ Ah okay lol.

Does anyone actually choose specific people to endorse? I always just pick a random name and give shot-caller, just to get the 50 exp points.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
they could speak once and they get shotcaller. but people just throw it out. like who actually stops and look at others endorsement
blizz putting in things that people don't care for. other than get loot boxes

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I do give endorsements to good teammates and sometimes the enemy team if we have a funny interaction the match

but getting endorsements feels so random and kinda pointless, the only thing the system is good for is some free extra boxes during events

it's pretty useless as a gage of other people's, uh, quality (???) as a player too so idk

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
^^ Ah okay lol.

Does anyone actually choose specific people to endorse? I always just pick a random name and give shot-caller, just to get the 50 exp points.

It's always considered, and sometimes a hard choice for me ^.^ I always give 3 every game unless there's no one to give it to but a thrower, obvious smurf or BMer.

I do give endorsements to good teammates and sometimes the enemy team if we have a funny interaction the match

but getting endorsements feels so random and kinda pointless, the only thing the system is good for is some free extra boxes during events

it's pretty useless as a gage of other people's, uh, quality (???) as a player too so idk

I totally see patterns in how I get endorsements. Giving out endorsements is one part that I feel leads to getting them back, and staying in the QP lobby for the next round. Winning helps a lot but a hard fought loss can earn some, stomp losses almost never unless I get a card or potg. Cards and PotGs are almost-guaranteed shot callers and good teammates with a hard loss, and pretty much a lock on a win.

When I'm able to pull a Hard Carry game it's... profitable ^.^ or when I just do the solo-behind-enemy-lines thing and it goes well, they pour in.

And I definitely value the information endorsement levels provide and advertise. I usually keep myself around 4, so my teammates tend to trust me a bit more than when I'm down in 3, and back me up, which leads to Ws. And when I see an endorsement 1 on my team, I know I'm gonna' have to pick up some slack, 'cause this dude is 1 or not-ranked with a silver border for a reason.

I like the endorsement system.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's always considered, and sometimes a hard choice for me ^.^ I always give 3 every game unless there's no one to give it to but a thrower, obvious smurf or BMer.

I totally see patterns in how I get endorsements. Giving out endorsements is one part that I feel leads to getting them back, and staying in the QP lobby for the next round. Winning helps a lot but a hard fought loss can earn some, stomp losses almost never unless I get a card or potg. Cards and PotGs are almost-guaranteed shot callers and good teammates with a hard loss, and pretty much a lock on a win.

When I'm able to pull a Hard Carry game it's... profitable ^.^ or when I just do the solo-behind-enemy-lines thing and it goes well, they pour in.

And I definitely value the information endorsement levels provide and advertise. I usually keep myself around 4, so my teammates tend to trust me a bit more than when I'm down in 3, and back me up, which leads to Ws. And when I see an endorsement 1 on my team, I know I'm gonna' have to pick up some slack, 'cause this dude is 1 or not-ranked with a silver border for a reason.

I like the endorsement system.
I had a level 5 doing thanks spam, walling the team and torbjorn cliff throwing

Only happened once but im salty, cause i usually play like a saint and never got more than 4

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Liking Bap. Already pissed at the "ramdom" loot on boxes, even though we have a new hero, my purple and golden drops continue to be coins. FU Blizz.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Baptiste's achievements are rough. Liking him so far, but I think it'll be a while before I get his Cute and Pixel sprays.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone else thinks that Baptiste's primary (DMG) just doesn't feel good??
I am not sure is it audio or what it is exactly but after Ashe, this feels really weird and "weak". Sometimes i feel like i am not even sure am i dealing damage or not.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get a decent amount of shot callers when I actually get on the mic. Otherwise good teammate/sportsmanship. I normally give out good teammate unless we specifically have a shot callers cause teammates in the middle after you click the endorse button lol. Generally to healers, but I do decide on the game. Give it to the enemy team if they had a really good player.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I am not sure is it audio or what it is exactly but after Ashe, this feels really weird and "weak". Sometimes i feel like i am not even sure am i dealing damage or not.
Absolutely, and I think it's the #1 reason I don't enjoy playing as him. Both his primary and alt fire sound really weak and quiet. It just doesn't feel like I'm doing as much damage or healing as I'm actually doing.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Absolutely, and I think it's the #1 reason I don't enjoy playing as him. Both his primary and alt fire sound really weak and quiet. It just doesn't feel like I'm doing as much damage or healing as I'm actually doing.

Yeah they definitely messed up the sound and animation of his gun. It barely even moves when you shoot primary fire, as if it was a beam weapon or something.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I have almost a flow chart. Did anyone shot call while not being a dick (endorse) -> someone who tried hard to be helpful or nice -> Main tank who wasn't toxic (endorse) -> Main Support who wasn't toxic (endorse) - > flex support -> Off-Tank

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I agree. Idk if it's the sound, recoil or the fact that unlike Ashe you just hold down shoot and it'll keep firing (and like most of the characters in the game) or what but it doesn't feel satisfying.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
why does sombras ult destroy baptistes? its not a barrier, there's not even a physical device

seriously what is blizzards obsession with letting sombra fuck over EVERY hero's playstyle?

next patch; sombra can now hack transendence. we think sombra doesnt rawdog zen enough as it is

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Watching the OWL's excellent team user-interface made me realize, why doesn't Blizzard add it to the regular game too?
Status-Effects-Coming-to-Overwatch-Spectator-Mode.jpg

It would drastically increase the player's "game-sense" as you can:
  1. see friendly/enemy deaths
  2. see team compositions & hero swaps
  3. see teammate's health & ULT percentage
  4. see teammate's status-effects:
    spectator-ui-new-status-icons.jpg
SideNote: I know all this info is available in the "score screen" & "kill feed" but many players (myself included), don't bring up score screen as often as we should and/or forget to look at the kill feed.

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
Watching the OWL's excellent team user-interface made me realize, why doesn't Blizzard add it to the regular game too?

SideNote: I know all this info is available in the "score screen" & "kill feed" but many players (myself included), don't bring up score screen as often as we should and/or forget to look at the kill feed.

Great idea. Much better than having to press tab to access that info and block view of everything else.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

I've wondered about this since that interface first showed up in the first Halloween event.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I just had a match where other team was able to kill us while we were in Immortality Field... 3 times. Am i missing something or?

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a match where other team was able to kill us while we were in Immortality Field... 3 times. Am i missing something or?
There's a couple of nuances with the field. Obviously, if you get knocked out of its radius, you're vulnerable. But the cues that the field is gone (killfeed, Baptiste's voice lines, the device's explosion) can be subtle and easy to miss in the middle of a heated battle. And lastly, the field needs line of sight to work. So any of these things could have contributed to you being killed when you feel like you shouldn't have been.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
why does sombras ult destroy baptistes? its not a barrier, there's not even a physical device

seriously what is blizzards obsession with letting sombra fuck over EVERY hero's playstyle?

next patch; sombra can now hack transendence. we think sombra doesnt rawdog zen enough as it is
Cheers, love...

IiPHDfq.jpg

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

Isn't some of that information just given to us, the viewer though? Like, the players themselves don't actually have all these UI elements, that's just what we see on the stream...correct?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Isn't some of that information just given to us, the viewer though? Like, the players themselves don't actually have all these UI elements, that's just what we see on the stream...correct?

Yeah, I get the same interface while joining a full custom game and waiting for a spot to be free and watching people play.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Yeah all that extra UI information only shows up when Spectating (OWL or in-game). But my post was suggesting Blizzard should add all that extra UI info to the regular game, so I won't have constantly check the score-screen just to see my team's status/ULT percentage.

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas

Okay, yea I knew you could see those in the score screen. I thought we were also talking about the enemy data (health / ult) so i was confused. I'd be down for an option to turn on / off those UI elements, particularly seeing friendly health bars at the top of the screen with ult percentages. That would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.