• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
That Zarya Epic recolor... why??
My god, except for Moira everything about Archives revealed so far is so boring. I really wonder what are they doing. It's like they are not even trying.

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Question: I started a new account on PS4, I'm still grinding to level 25 so I can play Competitive. But I was wondering does my performance in quickPlay affect my starting/placement rank in competitive when it's a brand new account?
tfw your 2 dps can't take out a pharah. lets just swap off hitscan all together
As a healer main I know the pain of a Pharah doing uncontested damage to your team. But in my experience I found the best counter to Pharah is with a Sombra, since Pharah players tend to panic when they're grounded with no mobility.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: I started a new account on PS4, I'm still grinding to level 25 so I can play Competitive. But I was wondering does my performance in quickPlay affect my starting/placement rank in competitive when it's a brand new account?

Yes, your quickplay performance is used to establish an initial baseline for competitive.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Bastion skin is whatever, good idea but it's pretty dull imo
gearbot still the best

I like the Zarya skin, good color scheme and the weapon will look good in first person

surprised at no casual jacket/hat D.Va as seen in her short

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
feeling underappreciated. as a support player willingly to play solo tank (Orisa/dva) because we got 3 dps instalocks, a zen and some other support, who initiated the whole lets not be toxic and have 3 dps, ends up not healing the team when the zen held gold healing until the end of the game going into 5-4 (Horizon). i was fine with the 3dps actually. they killed things. its the dying as your only shield on point. zen tried best.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inappropriate language + Inflammatory generalisations.
Every skin reveal for every event is a reminder of how mentally ill DVa fans are

like seriously what the fuck is wrong with you

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a good year or so since I've played a lot and among the things I'm noticing is yeah, a lot of Moira's seem to play DPS first and then heal only when there's nothing else to do. If I'm on a team and the Moira is the only healer, I play like we have no healer.

In my experience most will decide to heal after the enemy team is dead, but during the fights most Moiras never use healing orb or normal heal ability. I'd like to see her main attack not self heal her.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
the only time they start to heal is when the team dies in front of them. RIP

Whenever I play as her, I swear people forget that she is a short range healer who cannot heal through shields. Teammates playing footsie with the enemies Winston shield while he kills me is annoying when I try to follow them into the front line.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure data west is talking about the legion of D.Va fans who go mental in the responses on the OW Twitter each time a skin revealed isn't D.Va. Or the B.net forums. Either way the comment isn't... unwarranted.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Ah okay thanks, time to put on my tryHard hat lol.
Yes, your quickplay performance is used to establish an initial baseline for competitive.

Is this actually true though? I've seen a lot of people say that, but from personal experience and from even high level streamers on new accounts, the first placement game always seems to be somewhere in gold. Unless those high level players are just buying accounts that have already been leveled up. Mainly looking at Kabaji, he's now done 3 of his unranked to GM accounts and all three the first placement game was somewhere in gold. I can't imagine if he leveled up an account in QP it would make him start there.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017

For an epic skin, I actually don't think this is too bad. The blue of her uniform looks too similar to her default, but Zarya's hair looks pretty good here.

But this means I was wrong. No Overwatch Winston skin is forthcoming after all, since we know the final skin is Ashe and Bob. Honestly, I was expecting a tracer skin atleast, but apparently not.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before, I just wish they weren't using 75% characters that they already used in other events.

But I guess it doesn't really matter so long as they give you a mode where you can pick whatever hero you want. Just a shame other ow don't get the starring roles.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I am so sick of Tracer and Soldier. Just phase them out from the main storyline.

Give me more lore on Genji/Hanzo and Lucio/Symmetra.

Cockmagic

Oct 30, 2017
Is this actually true though? I've seen a lot of people say that, but from personal experience and from even high level streamers on new accounts, the first placement game always seems to be somewhere in gold. Unless those high level players are just buying accounts that have already been leveled up. Mainly looking at Kabaji, he's now done 3 of his unranked to GM accounts and all three the first placement game was somewhere in gold. I can't imagine if he leveled up an account in QP it would make him start there.

QP performance probably matters a little bit. My first ever placement a few months ago was in low diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.