• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
So what are your best heroes in each Slot? Then who's your best most effective hero overall?

Tank
Hog
Orisa
Winston

Support
Zen

Zen's probably the most effective but I generally have more fun playing Hog. I do just okay with Orisa but starting to play her was mostly out of necessity.
I wish I could still play Symmetra but I just couldn't get into her tools once they dropped the thrown barrier / shield/teleporter ult.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to play Not-Rio in my new Amaterasu skin later on.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else getting a bug with Lucio? I can't switch his crossfade at all. It keeps giving me the 'not available' sound as if it's on a cooldown.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
seeing full body shots, both skins look really nice, soooooo much better than the Tracer and Genji skins last year
the lighting in the menu is very pretty too, good wallpaper fodder

I'll probably be able to get enough tokens to get both before they're gone so the question becomes which one do I get first

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
seeing full body shots, both skins look really nice, soooooo much better than the Tracer and Genji skins last year
the lighting in the menu is very pretty too, good wallpaper fodder

I'll probably be able to get enough tokens to get both before they're gone so the question becomes which one do I get first
I bought the tracer skin (what else am I gonna do with these coins), but I never use her skin because 1. Her giant, bright blue hair just screams "Please headshot me!" and 2. I hate that water swooshing sound she makes when she blinks. Genji's was okay, but he has better skins.

Mercy looks like one of those ads you get begging you to play some mobile game.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I bought the tracer skin (what else am I gonna do with these coins), but I never use her skin because 1. Her giant, bright blue hair just screams "Please headshot me!" and 2. I hate that water swooshing sound she makes when she blinks. Genji's was okay, but he has better skins.

Mercy looks like one of those ads you get begging you to play some mobile game.
absolutely lol
D4btmFoX4AISUzC

however, as a toxic Mercy main who only plays to show off my rare skins, I am required to buy it

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It looks like both Mercy and Lucio skins don't have any new audio or visual effects. Compared to last year's skins.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
New map week is best week. You have the only time that quickplayers (in the new map) are trying to make a good team comp on any consistent level instead of just 'do whatever because lawl qp'

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm getting this weird issue in OW where opening the game will eventually cause my monitor to start blinking in and out, going black for a few seconds before returning. It's only on Overwatch. It's a right annoyance and I want to fix it.

But most importantly I did a test match to see if repairing the game's files would do it (it did not), and somehow I won with like.... 6 kills, 1 death, and getting on the board for objective time.

The moral of the story is that even an idiot like me can play this game half-blind.

Also if anyone could give me a solution that would be greeeeeaaaaaat.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Really disappointed they didn't bring last year's Atlantic/Pacific skins back for this season. They're kinda throwing away a tons of potential$$.

Snagged Lucio but need 98 more coins for Mercy so I may just fork over $5.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just spent $5 and got 100 points. I never spent the 100 points they gave as a gift. Got the Mercy skin. Don't have the time to actually watch OWL. Loving the skin, although it really makes you stand out with it's bright spots, which is bad for Mercy.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I wonder if they'll ever permanently fix the intermittent voice line preview not working on the lootbox screen?

I mean lowest of the low priority but seems crazy it's been here for a aeon.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
After keeping track of each one of my last 83 matches I am now certain that I am stuck at the rank i'm in because of terrible teammates, my stats are as Support are way beyond this rank, ugh. I should find a 3 stack.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
All the toxic people must be on tonight, because its much worse than normal. Oh well, easy mute and avoid.

After keeping track of each one of my last 83 matches I am now certain that I am stuck at the rank i'm in because of terrible teammates, my stats are as Support are way beyond this rank, ugh. I should find a 3 stack.

Stats aren't always everything though. And if that's 83 games total across all seasons I'd say that's not really that many. Climbing in this game is slow unless you're far, far below where you should be.

What heroes do you play and what rank?

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Stats aren't always everything though. And if that's 83 games total across all seasons I'd say that's not really that many. Climbing in this game is slow unless you're far, far below where you should be.

What heroes do you play and what rank?
Stats averages i'd say are extremely important. 83 is just this season about to do placements and am dreading it because being a support main is the worst in solo queue.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking killed it in my placements, 7 out of 10 as support, 2 tank and one DPS and got mid silver (up from Bronze last season!!!!) to finish 8-2. My last match had a 2 stack clearly trying to throw to lower their placement with the Mei doing everything she could to stop us from gaining any ground at all... and it fucking worked. Super thrilled about that. Man this game sometimes.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking killed it in my placements, 7 out of 10 as support, 2 tank and one DPS and got mid silver (up from Bronze last season!!!!) to finish 8-2. My last match had a 2 stack clearly trying to throw to lower their placement with the Mei doing everything she could to stop us from gaining any ground at all... and it fucking worked. Super thrilled about that. Man this game sometimes.

Nice :) I'm hoping to crawl out of this bronze hole (1150) back into silver. I fell into the "one more game/let's try again" trap when I was home sick for a week so...yeah, that didn't go so well.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
tfw you get a 4k at the first corner as orisa. then the enemy team just said fuck it and go dps only. my dva was pretty off the whole game. noticed sens is a bit low for her. i'll have to adjust.

also the video might be processing. but its only 720p anyways.

POTG was from here.

Last edited:

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Did my placements for the first time in like 7 seasons and, as expected, got placed lower than I've ever been: high gold. But I'm feeling really good about my play. My wins have almost universally been complete rolls, and my losses have all been extremely close. Reinvigorated to play this game competitively and get climbing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i really don't know where any of the Healthpacks are on Havana. the stairs seems to give me an issue because its higher than usual and theres no box or anything to jump on in certain areas. but then again. i like to move backwards and i haven't really familiarized myself enough to know the layout yet.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Finally climbed back to plat with solo q, fuck what a grind. Gonna take a break for real now, at least until next season's placement.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/bmlo65/workshop_spies_vs_mercs/

I continue to be amazed at the stuff that comes out of the workshop. When it was first announced, I thought "Oh no. It's nice, but we're probably not gonna get too much out of it as a community, it's just for a niche audience that likes playing around with stuff is gonna make some minigames that we play a few times and then drop"

Instead, whole new game modes are being made. If they just give players map editor functions (or even better, Map AND Asset editors), Overwatch will basically never die. We will have new things coming out forever.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
That Atlantic Mercy art is so amazing. I am loving the skin. I feel so bad for not buying the Pink one, that's her only skin i am missing. :(

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So how exactly do you earn league tokens? I assume you don't have to have the twitch channel of OWL running in background 24/7...
Do you only get tokens when you're watching the battles being advertised in the main game, like the ones happening at 9pm & 11pm EST today?
And exacly how rare is that 100 tokens drop? Because with only 3 tokens per hour... I might as well just pay the damn tokens if the 100 free are extremely rare.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
So how exactly do you earn league tokens? I assume you don't have to have the twitch channel of OWL running in background 24/7...
Do you only get tokens when you're watching the battles being advertised in the main game, like the ones happening at 9pm & 11pm EST today?
And exacly how rare is that 100 tokens drop? Because with only 3 tokens per hour... I might as well just pay the damn tokens if the 100 free are extremely rare.
you run it when the stream is live

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
you only get drops during live matches and the 100 drops are one at the end of each match per night (usually 3-4 opportunities)
the 100 token drops aren't that rare but they're not particularly common either, I think I've gotten it twice or three times but I don't watch every night
you can leave the stream running at 160p and muted and it will count for drops

basically, if you don't watch OWL regularly and don't already have some tokens you're probably better off just buying them

data west

Oct 25, 2017
An all star Winston skin has tons of potential and he could use something different.

A shame itll be dva and rein.

Status
Not open for further replies.