• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Let's talk about something else, like which Overwatch character you most want to date
I don't know who I would "date", but JunkRat seems like he would be a fun person to hang out with lol.
Well, for Lucio... there is the big ass yellow circle surrounding him and for Zen your screen has a yellowish glow when you got an orb on you. :P
You're right, but I think the problem is that the effects are too subtle that often I don't even notice when I'm being healed in the heat of battle.

It's the same problem I have with the "yellow-glow" inside of Baptiste immortality field, the effects needs to be more prominent.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
That's not what I do though.

Your arguments fail and you try change the narrative? Bravo.

Really? That's not what you do? Because what you said earlier sure seems like it.

2-2-2 cannot come soon enough. It has got to the point if I see three DPS or more in a match, I just afk and only remain active enough to not get kicked. Don't care if I'm ruining the game for others, since they already ruining it for me. If they actually cared about winning they wouldn't make such shitty comps.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we still talking about this? We're supposed to be talking about which characters we want to kiss

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
How on Earth do I play Ashe? I like her kit but good lord I suck at her. I can't reliably detonate dynamite or use her escape effectively. I love her primary and can get some kills with it but I'm totally useless otherwise.
Ashe pro-tips:
  • If you throw the dynamite then hold fire without moving your crosshair, you'll hit the dynamite 100% of the time.
  • (200 hp) Insta-kill Combo = Un-scoped bodyshot (40) + scoped headshot (170)

Also, I was bored so I compiled some tip, guide & coaching videos for Ashe:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Just got 3 Legendary skins in 2 Endorsement boxes. Stealth Bastion, Figure Skater Symmetra and Enchanted Armor Pharah.
My luck for this event is better than ever.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Really? That's not what you do? Because what you said earlier sure seems like it.

What's really crazy is that 2-2-2 won't make him enjoy the game anymore and he'll still throw because someone won't play the comp he wants them to play.

2-2-2 isn't a solution for this game, and it never will be, because all 2-2-2 comps are not created equal. The best thing people can do is stack with other players who can take the majority of the comp & put together a good team around the other people. 2-2-2 will basically just kill the player base, nothing more.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
You're chatting shit. Does making up lies about people make you feel better?

I mean I've just been following what you're saying here, and it doesn't sound like you want good teams, you want YOUR ideal team.

A 3-4 DPS team can still dominate another 2-2-2 comp. It all boils down to the skill level of the players, and the opposing teams composition. 2-2-2 doesn't automatically balance the game and eliminate bad compositions. In theory 2-2-2 Could be Zarya, Hammond, Hanzo, Widow, Lucio, and Moira. That's not exactly a killer comp by any means, and it could get swept. Everything you've said up until this point suggests you more so want people to pick heroes you want them to pick to build the comp you want, which will very rarely happen...thus I concluded that 2-2-2 comp wasn't going to improve your enjoyment of the game.

I think if you just found a team to play with where you could build the comps you want as a team, you'd have a better time.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Mirrored Deathmatch had more characters.

It's timed anyway so it doesn't really matter if nobody got a kill in OOPS ALL WINSTONS

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
All this 2-2-2 slander...

Listen y'all. 2-2-2 role queue lock solves more problems than it introduces.

Except for the one problem it may introduce, which is people leaving the game because they can't play the hero they want, or because the player base becomes further fragmented.

I don't think a lock is the right way to get people to play in specific roles to build a good team comp. I think a better system would just be something like exp incentives to encourage people to play those roles to earn more lootboxes. The problem there is that this would basically require a better stream of content in the game to make lootboxes more attractive, particularly for those of us who are years in and have almost everything unlocked.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Except for the one problem it may introduce, which is people leaving the game because they can't play the hero they want, or because the player base becomes further fragmented.

I don't think a lock is the right way to get people to play in specific roles to build a good team comp. I think a better system would just be something like exp incentives to encourage people to play those roles to earn more lootboxes. The problem there is that this would basically require a better stream of content in the game to make lootboxes more attractive, particularly for those of us who are years in and have almost everything unlocked.
I don't think people are proposing 2-2-2 lock in QP. I know I'm personally not. No, the nature of role queue is so that you get to choose the role that you're good at before you even enter the match. There's zero opportunity to not get what you want to play because you've already picked what you want to play.

And I don't know how that would fragment the player base.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I don't think people are proposing 2-2-2 lock in QP. I know I'm personally not. No, the nature of role queue is so that you get to choose the role that you're good at before you even enter the match. There's zero opportunity to not get what you want to play because you've already picked what you want to play.

And I don't know how that would fragment the player base.

Role Queue would effectively mean you'd need to either retool a playlist (say, strictly competitive for this example) or create a separate one. If you retool it, then wait times increase because the game now needs to match people in a role queue for a match where that specific role is needed, so if everyone wants to play DPS, they'll have longer wait times, where as a support might have a very short wait time because fewer people will be playing them. If you create a new playlist, then you're pulling players away from the other one who want to role queue, and now the player pool for each list grows just a little smaller.

Even then, you'd have to lock people into those roles so they don't abuse the system. Players could opt for support to get a faster match and swap out for a DPS later. If you lock the roles, then you'll run into the problem of not being able to change roles with other players (i.e. if someone is better at support but wanted to play DPS, they can't swap out to a support to help the team win, they're stuck as DPS).

I just think it introduces more problems than it otherwise would solve from a matchmaking perspective and isn't congruent with the nature of OW, which is team focused and also revolves around counter picking pretty often.

Giving a teamwide exp boost for making a 2-2-2 comp might be more likely to encourage better comps without impacting the matchmaking or viability of matches after they've started. So, say if the team plays a 2-2-2 comp they get a 20% bonus in exp.

All of this is hypothetical, obviously, as none of us really has any experience behind the scenes, and without player numbers or the data to look at hero selection and player behavior, it could all just be bullshit on my end (narrator: it was).

Still fun to discuss ways to address some problem areas the game clearly has (like why they haven't just deleted Hanzo and Widow from the game entirely forever).

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Role Queue would effectively mean you'd need to either retool a playlist (say, strictly competitive for this example) or create a separate one. If you retool it, then wait times increase because the game now needs to match people in a role queue for a match where that specific role is needed, so if everyone wants to play DPS, they'll have longer wait times, where as a support might have a very short wait time because fewer people will be playing them. If you create a new playlist, then you're pulling players away from the other one who want to role queue, and now the player pool for each list grows just a little smaller.

Even then, you'd have to lock people into those roles so they don't abuse the system. Players could opt for support to get a faster match and swap out for a DPS later. If you lock the roles, then you'll run into the problem of not being able to change roles with other players (i.e. if someone is better at support but wanted to play DPS, they can't swap out to a support to help the team win, they're stuck as DPS).

I just think it introduces more problems than it otherwise would solve from a matchmaking perspective and isn't congruent with the nature of OW, which is team focused and also revolves around counter picking pretty often.

Giving a teamwide exp boost for making a 2-2-2 comp might be more likely to encourage better comps without impacting the matchmaking or viability of matches after they've started. So, say if the team plays a 2-2-2 comp they get a 20% bonus in exp.

All of this is hypothetical, obviously, as none of us really has any experience behind the scenes, and without player numbers or the data to look at hero selection and player behavior, it could all just be bullshit on my end (narrator: it was).

Still fun to discuss ways to address some problem areas the game clearly has (like why they haven't just deleted Hanzo and Widow from the game entirely forever).
Yes. Matchmaking needs to be retooled. At this point in the game's lifespan, that statement is closer to fact than opinion. Yes, competitive as it exists needs to be replaced. Yes, DPS players are gonna be screwed over a little. Honestly? They can deal with it. Adapt or leave.

If it's a question of hard lock or soft lock, the answer changes. If it's a hard lock, when you queue as DPS you can only pick DPS, so there's no risk of them dodging long queues. If it's soft lock, then queue time dodging (which is what you say - want to play DPS, queue as support to get a shorter wait time) should be a reportable offence, which should be actionable if the person continue to do that.

Yeah, if you suck as a DPS, you suck as a DPS. But guess what? Your team will suck too. Each of your roles will have separate SRs. So if you're a master's level support and a gold DPS, and you queue for DPS, you're playing a gold match.

The LFG tool and endorsements has unequivocally proven that motivating people to behave isn't enough motivation. The anemic report system has proven that anything less that scorched-earth banning policies doesn't do enough to discourage bad behaviour. The only solution to control an open system is to constrict it.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
I ran into someone the other day in QP on xbox who had tanked their SR from over 4000 to 900 in one season, losing something like 160 games more than they had won. I reported them and explained why but I'm just assuming nothing will happen.

The question is, why is this even a possibility? Shouldn't there be protections in place to auto-ban people who are clearly tanking? Just one person managed to ruin 160 comp games.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I ran into someone the other day in QP on xbox who had tanked their SR from over 4000 to 900 in one season, losing something like 160 games more than they had won. I reported them and explained why but I'm just assuming nothing will happen.

The question is, why is this even a possibility? Shouldn't there be protections in place to auto-ban people who are clearly tanking? Just one person managed to ruin 160 comp games.
Looks like someone who goes afk when they don't get what they want and thinks they're enjoying the game that way.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To respond to the question that was posed a few pages back, in regards to what I consider my best character for each role.
Tank:
Probably Rein or D.Va, though I've done pretty well on occasion with all but Wrecking Ball, whom I just can't wrap my head around (mobility-heavy characters in general really). I am not very comfortable playing tank, even though I don't mind doing it if need be. Tho fuck comps where I solo-tank with a solo-healer. :|

Support:
I think I do pretty decent with all of them except for Ana (lack of technical skill, though I love playing her) and Brigitte (I tend to get nervous when I am close to opponents as her, though I've done some utter bullshit with her too). I would say I'm proooobably the absolute best with Lucio or Zen though. I enjoy playing the entire Support class, even Mercy, and generally gravitate towards it.

DPS:
I rarely get to play DPS, and I generally don't enjoy doing so, but I've had some games as Mei, Symmetra and Junkrat where I just danced all over the enemy team. I'm generally a lot more comfortable with projectile characters than hitscan, and have a much easier time leading shots and even landing critical hits then than if I were doing hitscan DPS characters. Those 3 DPS characters also are the ones I enjoy playing the most, I'd say.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like someone who goes afk when they don't get what they want and thinks they're enjoying the game that way.

understood_that_reference_avengers.gif

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know why did they imposed character limits on mirrored deathmatch?

No clue. I guess it's just a limitation of which characters you can have without the mode being too ridiculous (Lucio) or maybe they would just crash performance on consoles (Symmetra, Torb)

A lot of missed opportunities though, really wanted that All Tracer or Reinhardt DM

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a role queue. I barely play the game anymore, so I'm ok with any kind of shake up.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys. I've been really enjoying team deathmatch lately but I can't seem to find any websites that pull stats from the games that monitor that specific playlist.

Do any of you know of a website that lets me see stats for me that aren't strictly quickplay or competitive?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys. I've been really enjoying team deathmatch lately but I can't seem to find any websites that pull stats from the games that monitor that specific playlist.

Do any of you know of a website that lets me see stats for me that aren't strictly quickplay or competitive?

As far as I know, there's still no official API for Overwatch data, so the stat tracking sites are limited to what they can get from scraping your profile on the official site, which just tracks Quick Play and Competitive.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Do you know why did they imposed character limits on mirrored deathmatch?
Some fights would take forever, a round of lucios would take too damn long to end, for example, so would a round of moiras because of the low damage

Same reason we dont have lucio at the x1 mistery showdown rotations, fuck that just remove heal song for those xP

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Some fights would take forever, a round of lucios would take too damn long to end, for example, so would a round of moiras because of the low damage

Same reason we dont have lucio at the x1 mistery showdown rotations, fuck that just remove heal song for those xP
Rounds in mirror deathmatch are timed, though. So a Lucio round might have zero kills, but it wouldn't last longer than normal

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
There's still the point control thing at the end of mistery showdown, whoever loses gonna be because they got booped out of a square for .0005 seconds
...are we talking about the same mode here? I'm talking about the one that came out with the workshop, with twelve players who all okay the same hero for a set period of time. I feel like terraj was as well.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
...are we talking about the same mode here? I'm talking about the one that came out with the workshop, with twelve players who all okay the same hero for a set period of time. I feel like terraj was as well.
Oh, i guess not xD i was using the x1 mode to justify why a round of lucios could feel dumb, gonna be 1 minute with 1-2 deaths compared to the high octane from the dps rounds we already got in this new deathmatch

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
hope we get another charity skin for pride month

considering how successful the Pink Mercy campaign was, it's be weird for them not to do it again

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
hope we get another charity skin for pride month

considering how successful the Pink Mercy campaign was, it's be weird for them not to do it again
I hope they make the pink mercy skin available again because it's one of my favorites and it's locked behind my console account BECAUSE IT'S 2019 AND BLIZZARD STILL DOESN'T HAVE SHARED PLATFORM PROGRESSION EVEN THOUGH THEIR WEBSITE KNOWS WHICH SKINS I HAVE

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they make the pink mercy skin available again because it's one of my favorites and it's locked behind my console account BECAUSE IT'S 2019 AND BLIZZARD STILL DOESN'T HAVE SHARED PLATFORM PROGRESSION EVEN THOUGH THEIR WEBSITE KNOWS WHICH SKINS I HAVE

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US with this problem and I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.