• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I hope they make the pink mercy skin available again because it's one of my favorites and it's locked behind my console account BECAUSE IT'S 2019 AND BLIZZARD STILL DOESN'T HAVE SHARED PLATFORM PROGRESSION EVEN THOUGH THEIR WEBSITE KNOWS WHICH SKINS I HAVE
I'm sure it's not a technological limitation at all and a money-influenced decision.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
when you play your first rank game since the anniversary event and then your pc crashes. RIP.

at least my SSD worked and OW actually let me rejoin. so i didn't lose 50sr. but i lagged the whole game because something was eating my connection when i got back.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Honeydew Mei concept art

qiu-fang-boba-mei.jpg

qiu-fang-boba-blaster.jpg

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
5 matches in a row of me and 5 DPS players on the team for the entirety of the matches.

Never change Overwatch.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I might not remember right, but didn't they do double XP during past years anniversary events? Or was it only during the last weekend of the event?

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
The worst is when you get 2 useless tanks that can literally do nothing while your enemy team has main tank and diva.

That'd be great if I actually got other tank players in the first place. Having an awful Rein is much preferable to having a Torb as your front line.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Baptiste is so much fun, being able to easily and consistently finish off low health enemies is so satisfying

so ready for that heal grenade ammo buff

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there are so many genji counters in the game at this point that he's all but impossible to play unless dive just comes back in a big way.

Maybe I just suck at genji (and I do!) but what are you even supposed to do with all these stuns, shields, and escape abilities happening now?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I just suck at genji (and I do!) but what are you even supposed to do with all these stuns, shields, and escape abilities happening now?
You follow cooldowns and work with your team. Don't jump the Ana, jump the Ana after you saw her use Sleep Dart. Don't jump the Widow with dash, save dash to follow after hook. Don't jump Brig, ever. Etc. Etc.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... I got the D.Va skin out of a box!!!

And another D.Va skin immediately after. That's 3 this event :(

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Was house sitting this weekend, making sure rabbits weren't getting up to mischief as you do, which allowed me to actually drop in this event since my friend has PS plus right now.
And that new novelty deathmatch mode was a nice surprise, the way you seamlessly switch from one character to another is smooth and leads to some fun moments as you chameleon your way to 3 or 4 kills in succession.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
and now for some controversial opinions
this is just legendary skins and I didn't do all of them cuz it would take too long and I did it on a tablet and sliding around all these little images was killing my finger lol
it's a little rushed so some could be swapped around a little (casual Hanzo should be S) and the tier maker I used was also missing some skins, namely Junker D.Va which would be A

and the GOAT
tumblr_okibxnPm5O1w1gicjo3_400.png

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
and now for some controversial opinions

this is just legendary skins and I didn't do all of them cuz it would take too long and I did it on a tablet and sliding around all these little images was killing my finger lol
it's a little rushed so some could be swapped around a little (casual Hanzo should be S) and the tier maker I used was also missing some skins, namely Junker D.Va which would be A

and the GOAT
tumblr_okibxnPm5O1w1gicjo3_400.png
B tier is lowest? No C or D?

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
haven't played comp since season 12. decided to see what's new. mercy, torb, sym four stack of one tricks. so nothing i guess.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I hate anniversary time. The loot boxes are so bloated with BS voice lines and poses that I can never get currency to buy a legendary I rather have but never get.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I hate anniversary time. The loot boxes are so bloated with BS voice lines and poses that I can never get currency to buy a legendary I rather have but never get.
They just need to enable letting you sell stuff you don't want. I have there are SO many skins, poses, even emotes that I don't really care to have. And I don't care about sprays to such an extent that I don't even have a spray button binding.

Being able to sell stuff you don't want would be a massive QoL feature.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Some bug fixes went live for PC
General
  • Fixed an issue with Deathmatch games that caused matches to be canceled when there were fewer than 7 players remaining. Deathmatch games will now be canceled when there are fewer than 4 players remaining.
  • Quickplay leaver penalty now working as intended for Deathmatch modes.
  • Fixed a bug that caused voice lines to stop playing in the Hero Gallery after playing 128 of them.

Localization
  • Added remaining Japanese translations for Anniversary unlocks and Workshop content.

Heroes
  • D.Va
    • Changed the decal on the Academy D.Va skin from "판결자" to "가디언".
  • Torbjorn
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Torbjorn's turret to shoot through walls in certain locations.
  • Ashe
    • Fixed a bug where Ashe wasn't gaining ultimate charge while B.O.B. existed.
  • Brigitte
    • Changed Brigitte's "Take a hike" Anniversary voice line to "Get out of here".
  • Roadhog
    • Changed Roadhog's "You're a talker. I don't like talkers." Anniversary voice line to "I'm beached as, bro."

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
  • D.Va
    • Changed the decal on the Academy D.Va skin from "판결자" to "가디언".
  • Brigitte
    • Changed Brigitte's "Take a hike" Anniversary voice line to "Get out of here".
  • Roadhog
    • Changed Roadhog's "You're a talker. I don't like talkers." Anniversary voice line to "I'm beached as, bro."

Whats the deal with these changes?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I liked the roadhog talker line

Why didnt they just add a new one idgi

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
greatest feeling in overwatch: loading into quick play with five other randoms and playing against a five stack with identically styled PSN names...

and winning

one of the most stressful and exciting matches I've played in a while lol, my whole team was firing on all cylinders
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
"Fixed a bug that caused voice lines to stop playing in the Hero Gallery after playing 128 of them. "
Still not fixed though.

stingsabit

Nov 4, 2017
Just played a match at 33xx with and my teammates on attack were Hanzo, Torb, Ashe, Soldier and Hog... complete trash. Nobody swapped, noone worked together. Probably one of the most garbage games I've ever played. I just swapped to Widowmaker because why the fuck not.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I feel like my quick play games have been pretty good during this event. Also, I don't know what's up with Blizzard the last week and half but I have had so many of my reports come back with action taken. I don't think I've even had to report someone for actually using a slur, usually just being an asshole, something kind of terrible or putting weird sexual things in the chat. Maybe, other people are realizing maybe they should report and the system can work.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Just got my first "Thank you for reporting, action was taken" message. Don't even remember what it was, but feels good that reporting actually does something.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never once had action taken on a report. Just had to report some guy who was throwing during a comp match and refusing to kill anybody. Nothing will happen.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised nobody caught this, but in the thread yesterday about a cancelled Blizzard game, Jason Schreier said:

Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 (or whatever they wind up being called) are very much still alive.

He has previously indicated that Blizzard is working on some sort of Overwatch product, but it's not clear if he's using the term "Overwatch 2" as a generic placeholder for what could just be a dating sim for all we know, or if the game is actually being designed as a genuine follow-up/replacement for the current game.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm surprised nobody caught this, but in the thread yesterday about a cancelled Blizzard game, Jason Schreier said:

He has previously indicated that Blizzard is working on some sort of Overwatch product, but it's not clear if he's using the term "Overwatch 2" as a generic placeholder for what could just be a dating sim for all we know, or if the game is actually being designed as a genuine follow-up/replacement for the current game.

He also mentioned in the thread that whatever it is, it's to get around the promise that "all future Overwatch updates will be free" so it's likely a sequel or overhaul of the entire game. It's probably why the updates and creativity behind the game's events have slowed down.

It'll be interesting to see how the userbase reacts to whatever it is, and how it affects OWL.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He also mentioned in the thread that whatever it is, it's to get around the promise that "all future Overwatch updates will be free" so it's likely a sequel or overhaul of the entire game. It's probably why the updates and creativity behind the game's events have slowed down.

It'll be interesting to see how the userbase reacts to whatever it is, and how it affects OWL.

I can't find a post from him elaborating more on the game, but it's worth noting that Kaplan has said they have at least two more years of heroes planned, so at least publicly they seem to be insisting they're not replacing the main game anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.