• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
As long as we're doing wishlists for Overwatch 2

1. Get rid of 2 CP
2. LFG at launch
3. Fix Rank and SR system
4. Hero bans or role queue. Pick one.
5. Get rid of lootboxes and go for a battle pass or some straight forward system to earn cosmetics.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch 2 patch notes:

1. There is now a story mode
2. 2-2-2 role queue is now forced in all standard modes
3. Pharah and Brigitte are now dating

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Would prefer an expansion over a sequel.

• Role queue
  • 2-2-2 (or at least 1 of each role minimum required)
  • Co-op story content
  • 3-5 new heroes
  • 2-3 new maps
  • New game mode
  • Everyone who spams voice lines instantly dies
Would make the game feel fresh again.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that OW needs a shipping update in general. Soldier-Mercy has effectively been put to bed due to his orientation and Mercy having clear hints about being with Genji and Ana marrying someone that isn't Reinhardt but on top of that we have a slew of new characters. At the very least, Ashe clearly is an old flame of McCree's (I don't care what Chu says, there's no way they haven't fucked in the past).

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Gency is prob gonna be explicitly canon eventually

or they'll just keep it as vague flirting to avoid ship related backlash

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pharah/Brig is cute because they both had Overwatch parents and probably grew up and played together. Then they drifted apart and have now reconnected as adults. It's cuuuute.

I feel that OW needs a shipping update in general. Soldier-Mercy has effectively been put to bed due to his orientation and Mercy having clear hints about being with Genji and Ana marrying someone that isn't Reinhardt but on top of that we have a slew of new characters. At the very least, Ashe clearly is an old flame of McCree's (I don't care what Chu says, there's no way they haven't fucked in the past).

Technically Chu said they never dated, he never said they didn't bump it before.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Pharah/Brig is cute because they both had Overwatch parents and probably grew up and played together. Then they drifted apart and have now reconnected as adults. It's cuuuute.
You could make a commentary on their contrasting fighting styles. Brigette obviously based her fighting style on her two paternal figures, Reinhard (shield, mace, armor) and Torb (armor pack). Meanwhile, Pharah plays absolutely nothing like Ana. Like, at all. Her only ode to her mother is her eye tattoo.

Brig wants to be the second generation of her forefathers, Pharah want to be her own kind of hero.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Chu x not doing his fucking job
He just told us that Bob enjoys checkers last week, how much more lore do you want?

No, he didn't actually say that. I don't even remember the last time he said anything, but I think it was around the time when Gwishin bastion was revealed and he clarified that D.Va only hates Gwishin, not omnics in general, and that's relevant information because ?????

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Got queued up with GM Pharmercy yesterday when i'm at 34xx. I shit you not, Xbox EU is dead. I can post the picture to prove it as well.

Of course we won because...Pharmercy and the duo are in the top 10 consistently on the leaderboard.

Honest question: on PC is Pharmercy a thing? Or is it just a console thing where you find yourself that nice Mercy girlfriend and duo stack to GM?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
He just told us that Bob enjoys checkers last week, how much more lore do you want?

No, he didn't actually say that. I don't even remember the last time he said anything, but I think it was around the time when Gwishin bastion was revealed and he clarified that D.Va only hates Gwishin, not omnics in general, and that's relevant information because ?????
I actually thought that was canon smh

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought that was canon smh
I actually went and checked to see what he's recently written. On the blizzard forums, he has his profile set to private, so I can't actually see his posts, wonder why that is. On his twitter, he hasn't posted any other story bits recently.

Like I said, I don't consider the types of tidbits of character trivia that he drops to be meaningful storybuilding in any way, so if we assume that he is responsible for every story that happened in OW since release (which isn't true, as we know blizzard hired a few writers), I feel like he's written a grand total of less than 10,000 words over the course of 3 years. I mean, it's not like the stories in the events and comics have been complex or deep or anything.

I have to wonder what his actual daily activities at blizzard are. Like, what does he actually do during his work hours.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Oh double XP, now I can get twice as many dupes. I've been grinding out boxes this entire event to get the two items I actually want, hamsterdance and bubbletea Mei, aaand nothing.

This token stuff is a bit confusing. Can you get tokens from watching the immediate rebroadcast if you already saw it live? I've kept it running in the background since it first started. Cba to actually watch though, these mirror / goats matches are so insanely dull.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Oh double XP, now I can get twice as many dupes. I've been grinding out boxes this entire event to get the two items I actually want, hamsterdance and bubbletea Mei, aaand nothing.

This token stuff is a bit confusing. Can you get tokens from watching the immediate rebroadcast if you already saw it live? I've kept it running in the background since it first started. Cba to actually watch though, these mirror / goats matches are so insanely dull.
During events Blizzard disables the dupes, but even during non-events the dupe % is way to high.

I think you only get tokens for watching the OWL when it's "live" not rebroadcasts. (Can anyone else confirm?)

Btw, what's "Cba"?

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
During events Blizzard disables the dupes, but even during non-events the dupe % is way to high.

I think you only get tokens for watching the OWL when it's "live" not rebroadcasts. (Can anyone else confirm?)

Btw, what's "Cba"?
Sorry, "can't be arsed", hah.

Yeah, only live giving tokens seems in line with what I've experienced, but I've read other statements attributed to Blizzard support, hence the confusion.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Sorry, "can't be arsed", hah.

Yeah, only live giving tokens seems in line with what I've experienced, but I've read other statements attributed to Blizzard support, hence the confusion.
Ah okay, that's the first time I heard Cba lol.

If you're on console and have a media player (roku, chromecast, fire stick) you can turn it on, then switch input to your console and earn OWL points while you play. That way you won't have to use your computer/phone.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
if you're getting duplicates it's because you have every other item in that tier of rarity

to my understanding the box first dictates rarities, then the item
so if you're getting a purple item, it's gonna be something you don't have unless you already have all the purple items

for events, whether or not you're getting vanilla or event items is dictated before that and I believe event drops are in their own loot table (ie getting a vanilla legendary shouldn't affect event legendary percentage)

so basically... number of vanilla or event items first, rarities of said items next, checks to see if you do or don't have items left in those rarity tiers, then finally what the items are

this is just based on things I've read here and there and my own experiences as someone who plays this game too much and has most of the non-legendary items in this game

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
if you're getting duplicates it's because you have every other item in that tier of rarity

to my understanding the box first dictates rarities, then the item
so if you're getting a purple item, it's gonna be something you don't have unless you already have all the purple items

for events, whether or not you're getting vanilla or event items is dictated before that and I believe event drops are in their own loot table (ie getting a vanilla legendary shouldn't affect event legendary percentage)

so basically... number of vanilla or event items first, rarities of said items next, checks to see if you do or don't have items left in those rarity tiers, then finally what the items are

this is just based on things I've read here and there and my own experiences as someone who plays this game too much and has most of the non-legendary items in this game
I stand corrected then! Interesting, I had no idea this is how boxes worked during events.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I actually went and checked to see what he's recently written. On the blizzard forums, he has his profile set to private, so I can't actually see his posts, wonder why that is. On his twitter, he hasn't posted any other story bits recently.

Like I said, I don't consider the types of tidbits of character trivia that he drops to be meaningful storybuilding in any way, so if we assume that he is responsible for every story that happened in OW since release (which isn't true, as we know blizzard hired a few writers), I feel like he's written a grand total of less than 10,000 words over the course of 3 years. I mean, it's not like the stories in the events and comics have been complex or deep or anything.

I have to wonder what his actual daily activities at blizzard are. Like, what does he actually do during his work hours.

It's common misconception that Michael Chu actually works for Blizzard.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
OW servers dead for like three hours now on Xbox. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
Y1UN3n4.jpg

this my peak

it wont get any higher than this

i should just retire

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a way to know when there are xim users on xbox. It's beyond brutal in the widow custom games.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
I dced during a match today, came back and we won and it game me full comp points im pretty sure.

I didnt know overwatch could do that tbh.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
What do you call people who instantly pick DPS but then have potato aim?

They are unaware that they throw in comp.

A general term I've heard others use is "shitter" though I prefer "Hearthstone Main." People always seem to intrinsically grasp what I mean when I use that term.

On a related note: what is it with all the Reins in Legendary Uprising that don't EVER shield the payload and just swing swing SWIIIIIINNNNNNG instead? It hasn't worked in any game I've tried; not sure how it'll suddenly start working.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Is there something going on with the PS4 servers? Out of the 6 comp matches I joined, 5 of them disconnected mid-match, is anyone else getting this problem? (It's 11pm PST right now)

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Every single match i played today there was a fucking Doomfist in the other team. I literally can't stand this character, i hate him with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.