• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
^^ Haha, that's awesome.😄
Every single match i played today there was a fucking Doomfist in the other team. I literally can't stand this character, i hate him with a passion.
sombra_overwatch_by_artgerm_dao0m5j-pre.jpg

Last edited:

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Sombra problems? Doomfist annoying you? Ball throwing your team all over the damn place?

tumblr_nxetfpc8HK1r61mabo2_540.gif

anyway, I've been watching Kolorblind stream and she can pull off some ridiculous stuff with Bastion, really made me appreciate the character

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Finished my Arcade loot boxes for the week today with a number of double XP bonus boxes on top. After opening them all I checked the "What's New" tab to see where I stand for the event: I've earned all the victory poses, all the sprays, all but four voice lines, none of the emotes (I bought Hammond's), and... one skin out of eleven.

ONE.

Edit: Kept playing because I'm a glutton for punishment, earned 7 more loot boxes. Didn't get a single skin from any of them. Got two purple rewards in total, and they ended up being an emote and coins. Anyone who thinks the loot system isn't broken trash is a damn fool.

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Dammit Blizzard needs to increase the penalty for leavers, out of the 4 games I played today, 2 of them had leavers and we lost.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm sick of throwers and the dps obsession... literally lost 130 sr today because all games my teammates decided to go 4 dps with non-main tank and I solo heal all game while the enemy team 2 tanks 2 healers and one of the tanks is main tank..... everyfuckin time... WHYYY CANT WE FUCKIN ENJOY THINGS NORMALLY

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
I'm sick of throwers and the dps obsession... literally lost 130 sr today because all games my teammates decided to go 4 dps with non-main tank and I solo heal all game while the enemy team 2 tanks 2 healers and one of the tanks is main tank..... everyfuckin time... WHYYY CANT WE FUCKIN ENJOY THINGS NORMALLY

This is why I stopped playing ranked. If they forced 2/2/2 and role queue I'd go back in a heartbeat though.

I'm a flex Diamond player who prefers playing tank/heals, but almost every time I try to play ranked I get 4-5 inst-lock DPS players who refuse to swap. Even when I go tank none of them go heals, and I have to ask myself whats better. Solo Orissa with no heals, or going Ana/Moira with no tank.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I know the Anniversary Event ends on 6/10, But does anyone know what specific time it ends (I'm PST)? I need to remember to buy my skins/emotes I want before they get locked for another year.
Just use "find group" with a 2-2-2 team comp, never solo-Q unless you just want to lose SR lol.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I 'had' to buy lootboxes to get enough gold to buy the one skin I wanted in the end. Feels bad, man. Why do I have so many McRee skins? T___T

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got the Hammond dance in a loot box so I got all I really wanted from the Anniversary event. I decided not to spend 3000 on the Mei outfit, I can just wait until it's 1000 gold next year.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if I missed an icicle buff at one stage, because damn was I skewering skulls today.

Didn't get anything worth the 3000 this event buuut I noticed that I've pretty much got all my fave skins for each character at this point so it's no biggie.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, so this feature right here is pretty cool

What do you think Jeff, would it be cool if we wrote our own stories into OW? Would that be nice Jeff? Maybe it can be an addition to the workshop, Jeff. Your making a new Overwatch expansion too, Jeff. One that's said to be story driven, Jeff. So just do it, Jeff. Please, Jeff.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sombra problems? Doomfist annoying you? Ball throwing your team all over the damn place?

tumblr_nxetfpc8HK1r61mabo2_540.gif

anyway, I've been watching Kolorblind stream and she can pull off some ridiculous stuff with Bastion, really made me appreciate the character

Mei, in general, is underappreciated. While I use her more as an Off-Tank, she can do stuff that can drive the enemy team up the wall.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Mei, in general, is underappreciated. While I use her more as an Off-Tank, she can do stuff that can drive the enemy team up the wall.
yes! Mei has
- powerful anti-flank and backline protector
- 250 HP and self healing/invulnerability
- wall for mobility, wall for protection, blocking off single enemies for easy kills, blocking the enemy team to prevent overtime
- mid range icicle spam sniper
- close quarters freezing menace
- "get off my point" ultimate
she can be so valuable in so many situations when played well

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing how to properly use Mei's wall can be an absolute gamechanger against a less coordinated team

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
yes! Mei has
- powerful anti-flank and backline protector
- 250 HP and self healing/invulnerability
- wall for mobility, wall for protection, blocking off single enemies for easy kills, blocking the enemy team to prevent overtime
- mid range icicle spam sniper
- close quarters freezing menace
- "get off my point" ultimate
she can be so valuable in so many situations when played well

The number of times I have saved my healers when they hide behind my ice block. People keep forgetting that Mei's Ice Block is basically a pillar that can act like a shield.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Yeah, I love watching KolorBlind's twitch too, she's like the only GM player I watch that ever chooses Bastion.

On an unrelated note "fuck Bastion" lol.
I 'had' to buy lootboxes to get enough gold to buy the one skin I wanted in the end. Feels bad, man. Why do I have so many McRee skins? T___T
How much money did you spend on loot-boxes before you got the RNG for Gold enough times? That's #1 thing I hate about loot-boxes, nothing is guranteed even when you spend monies.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I got super lucky for this event. Got so many Legendary skins. Only unlocked D.Va and Brigitte day one. Got the rest from the boxes plus probably around 10 more from other events. And a lot of Epics.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Got everything through playing minus one Legendary, one epic, and the three dances. So I bought those with my gold coins! Bought Baptiste's Talon skin with coins too.

Overall I'm very satisfied with what I got this event! Very satisfied.

What's next in the rotation? A character or a new game mode?

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Got everything through playing minus one Legendary, one epic, and the three dances. So I bought those with my gold coins! Bought Baptiste's Talon skin with coins too.

Overall I'm very satisfied with what I got this event! Very satisfied.

What's next in the rotation? A character or a new game mode?

We will get a teaser for the upcoming July/August Hero around that time, but Jeff did mention we might get the Summer Games event a bit earlier than usual.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I love watching KolorBlind's twitch too, she's like the only GM player I watch that ever chooses Bastion.

On an unrelated note "fuck Bastion" lol.

How much money did you spend on loot-boxes before you got the RNG for Gold enough times? That's #1 thing I hate about loot-boxes, nothing is guranteed even when you spend monies.

I had like 1.75k gold and got the last 1.25 out of boxes. I bought the 24 box pack.

Also isn't the event supposed to be fucking over? I thought it ended Monday but last night I was still getting Anniversary boxes AND double XP. Not complaining too much but I would have not gone Loot Box crazy so soon had I known. I could have farmed arcade boxes last night instead of losing SR lol :(

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it occurred to me this morning that the mystery omnic guy who appeared at the end of Storm Rising might not be a tease for the next hero but could in fact be a tease for Overwatch 2 or whatever it's called that's being revealed later this year.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it occurred to me this morning that the mystery omnic guy who appeared at the end of Storm Rising might not be a tease for the next hero but could in fact be a tease for Overwatch 2 or whatever it's called that's being revealed later this year.
Oh wow this is an interesting thought and actually a pretty neat one.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Okay so it is hero time then! Sweet! And with Summer Games coming up I'll finally be able to get some missing Legendary skins from last year.

I'll admit that the Summer Games Event is still one of those things where I haven't bothered getting the cosmetics (mostly due to me not being remotely interested with sports). If it's anything like last year, I'm going to get the swimwear-themed stuff and leave it at that.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god oh fuck, you're right @-@

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
We should be getting new hero this or early next month, right? I really wonder who could it be. Any hints or leaks so far? Nothing?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Climbing as a torb smurf is so much fun. Mostly because lower ranks still think hes a throw pick. I had someone message me saying I wasnt doing anything. Finished with 4 golds, 70% kill participation.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Brig's Ult has been literally broken since launch and no one noticed. https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...p/brigs_rally_armor_can_tank_up_to_20_45_more

tldr: Rally and Overload give you way too much damage mitigation because the mitigation effects of different armor tiers are stacking and with Rally it can create a whole bunch of mini armor tiers due to how the time decay is coded.

Holy crap if this is a big reason why GOATS has been such a problem.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So Brig's Ult has been literally broken since launch and no one noticed. https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...p/brigs_rally_armor_can_tank_up_to_20_45_more

tldr: Rally and Overload give you way too much damage mitigation because the mitigation effects of different armor tiers are stacking and with Rally it can create a whole bunch of mini armor tiers due to how the time decay is coded.

Holy crap if this is a big reason why GOATS has been such a problem.

This is kinda crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.