• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
I wish Blizzard would de-nerf Lucio's speed back to it's original percentage:
▶Speed song (20% to 30%)
▶Amp it up (50% to 70%)
...because playing Lucio feels "sluggish" and the nerf hasn't done anything to stop the GOATs meta.

I know they buffed his wall-ride speed to compensate (20% to 40%), but I'm still at an disadvantage when there are no nearby wall, since speed was my #1 tool to escape danger.
So Brig's Ult has been literally broken since launch and no one noticed. https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...p/brigs_rally_armor_can_tank_up_to_20_45_more

tldr: Rally and Overload give you way too much damage mitigation because the mitigation effects of different armor tiers are stacking and with Rally it can create a whole bunch of mini armor tiers due to how the time decay is coded.

Holy crap if this is a big reason why GOATS has been such a problem.
Wow, has Blizzard responded to this finding yet?

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Holy shit, That damage reduction, Widow full charge body shot gets reduced by 21, head shot 24

also if you need a video 76 shots are reduce by ~6, This means pre-armor nerf it was being reduced by as much as 10 per shot. half damage
D9NMWrsU0AApkV8

How did they add the "damage numbers" to the game (is it a workshop code)?

I really wish they would add that "damage number" option to the real game, it would be extremely helpful, especially with judging fall-off distances and getting a more accurate number representing how much damage you're doing.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
If they fix this Brig thing then they have to add all the damage back to her shield bash. So tired of the constant nerfs to my main.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
So it looks the brig armor bug hasn't been there since she launched, its most likely a bug related to her rally decay change

From June @21:55
Zen or damage is 46 so reduced by 5 its 41, Brig goes from 350 to 309 then to 268, both correct

Been in the game since at least March @8:33, Same Zen damage except reduced by 3, but goes from 350 to 313 so 37 instead of 43

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Page isn't loading, Blizz Twitter jumped the gun again like they did with the 76 short story.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a decent story. Mauga definitely sounds like a hero candidate, with the description of his guns and shield and his unique personality. Also, dat ending. Please give me some dank present day post-recall lore.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
What do those have to do with OW lol
Nothing. I thought you said "manga coming to OW" right after someone commented "Lore!" So I thought you were joking about manga being made for OW, which means we'd need a mangaka. So I said careful what you wish for, because you don't want the mangaka of Bleach or Fairytale touching OW. But if it was the mangaka of FMA....man.

IT'S A JOKE GONE WRONG, BUTTCHIN, I'M SORRY OKAY

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I thought you said "manga coming to OW" right after someone commented "Lore!" So I thought you were joking about manga being made for OW, which means we'd need a mangaka. So I said careful what you wish for, because you don't want the mangaka of Bleach or Fairytale touching OW. But if it was the mangaka of FMA....man.

IT'S A JOKE GONE WRONG, BUTTCHIN, I'M SORRY OKAY
Oh lmfao

No, Mauga is a character introduced in Baptiste's short story. They gave him enough details (shield, dual machine guns, possibly a pinning move) that it's very likely he's the next character. Like a playable Talon Heavy, but with more tanking abilities.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Is there something wrong with Sombra's stealth detection? Had a match where the same guy "detected" me twice while in stealth despite not getting a "detected!" message pop up; in both cases he as McCree came in my general direction, rolled and threw a flashbang and landed a hit once I came out of stealth. I wasn't even moving when one of them happened, just observing the match. Never got the "detected!" message, and none of the other team had other players with detection abilities.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Is there something wrong with Sombra's stealth detection? Had a match where the same guy "detected" me twice while in stealth despite not getting a "detected!" message pop up; in both cases he as McCree came in my general direction, rolled and threw a flashbang and landed a hit once I came out of stealth. I wasn't even moving when one of them happened, just observing the match. Never got the "detected!" message, and none of the other team had other players with detection abilities.
Could be a variety of factors. Maybe he plays Sombra and knows the best hiding spots. Maybe he was just spy checking, and you didn't see the times where he flashbanged nothing.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Could be a variety of factors. Maybe he plays Sombra and knows the best hiding spots. Maybe he was just spy checking, and you didn't see the times where he flashbanged nothing.
Can't recall running into spychecking much at the lower ranks, but I guess that could be it. The first time it happened he started coming right at me, so I backed up and to the side and the moment I did is when he rolled and threw a flashbang. The second time it happened though, there was a group of three of them moving around/past me so I was moving about to avoid getting detected, but the moment he got close enough to me he did it again.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Mauga seems cool and we could use another tank so I hope this isn't another Junker Queen/Echo/Sojourn situation where a character is "revealed" with the hint or even a confirmation that they'll become a playable character and we're left waiting indefinitely

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
[I'm quoting myself]
D9NMWrsU0AApkV8

How did they add the "damage numbers" to the game (is it a workshop code)?

I really wish they would add that "damage number" option to the real game, it would be extremely helpful, especially with judging fall-off distances and getting a more accurate number representing how much damage you're doing.
If anyone's interested I found the Workshop Code to add the "damage visualizer": 8QB20

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Update is live

OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – JUNE 18, 2019
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.
PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Baptiste's Reunion Challenge
We're bringing Baptiste's journey in the short story "What You Left Behind" to Overwatch with some special, unlockable in-game content. Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you themed sprays, a player icon, and a new epic skin – MEDIC BAPTISTE!

Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they're playing Overwatch anytime through July 2 to earn six Baptiste's Reunion Challenge sprays!

To learn more about Baptiste's Reunion Challenge, click here.

New Feature: Replays
Experience your past Overwatch games from a whole new perspective with Replays. Replays allows you to watch your ten most recent matches from any vantage point. Whether you want a first-person, third-person, or bird's-eye view, you can see it all with this tool. Hone your strategies by slowing down or speeding up the game to see exactly how a critical moment played out, get a better view of the action from above, or even turn off the UI completely.

Learn more about Replays: Blizz.ly/OverwatchReplays
HERO UPDATES
Baptiste
Biotic Launcher
  • Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
Amplification Matrix
  • Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
Developer Comments: Given the dual nature of Baptiste's weapon, he ends up having to reload often. We're increasing the amount of ammo he has to work with so he can get more firing time while healing. Similarly, increasing the duration of Amplification Matrix will allow allies more time to get into position to make use of it.

D.Va
Defense Matrix
  • Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
Developer Comments: Defense Matrix is a very powerful defensive ability and can often feel oppressive from far away. Reducing the range on it will require D.Va to position herself more carefully to take advantage of its effects.

McCree
Peacekeeper
  • Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.42 seconds.
Developer Comments: On average, McCree's damage output wasn't quite making up for the relatively low mobility or utility in his kit. Reducing his weapon's recovery time improves the potential damage output without affecting the number of successful shots to kill an enemy.

Orisa
Protective Barrier
  • Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
Developer Comments: Orisa has one of the longest weapon reloads and interrupting it to deploy a new barrier felt too disruptive to her gameplay. This change allows her to reload as needed while still being able to protect herself and her team.

Symmetra
Teleporter
  • Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
Developer Comments: This is primarily a quality of life improvement as it was possible to create a teleporter that Symmetra was unable to interact with unless she moved toward it.

Torbjörn
Rivet Gun
  • Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 dmg total per shot).
Developer Comments: The combined damage output of Torbjörn's secondary fire with his Overload ability was too high given his recently increased survivability.
GAME MODE UPDATES
Assault
  • Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from 4 minutes to 3 minutes.
  • Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
Developer Comments: Assault match lengths are averaging higher than we're happy with, particularly in Competitive where there are multiple rounds. We're also concerned with how often Offense fully captures Point A and Point B. Reducing the round time from 8 to 7 minutes should address both these concerns, as less overall time rewards better Defense.

Additionally, sometimes Defenders fight late with good intentions at Point A and end up staggered from their team when A falls, leaving their team with uneven footing to defend a rush to B. In these situations, temporarily lowering the respawn time to get those Defenders back with their team should be a better match experience and doesn't punish players so harshly for wanting to defend Point A.

WORKSHOP UPDATES
General
  • Visual update applied
  • Check boxes added to support operations on multiple conditions/actions/rules.
  • You can now disable conditions/actions/rules without deleting them.
  • (PC) When copying conditions/actions/rules, the contents will also be copied to your clipboard in a text format.
  • (PC) When pasting conditions/actions/rules, the editor will use the text from your clipboard.
  • Increased maximum number of effects from 64 -> 128.
  • Added 'Modify Global Variable At Index'.
  • Added 'Modify Player Variable At Index'.
BUG FIXES
General
  • Communication Wheel: "Acknowledge" pings triggered through the Communication Wheel can now target objectives.
  • Fixed a bug where explosions could play in the wrong position if a mispredicted impact happened on the client.
  • Fixed an issue where some UI effects weren't being properly colored when color blind settings are set on console.
  • Tutorial: Weapon UI is now hidden until your weapon is available.
  • Havana PvP – Fixed a bug that could cause the payload to get stuck leaving the Distillery checkpoint.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the Play of the Game animation to be cut off before it ends.
  • Fixed a bug that could limit the number of effects displayed on screen at the same time.

Workshop
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug where AI Soldier: 76 wouldn't fire his Helix Rocket at the same target twice.
  • Custom Game: Fixed an issue where 'Nearest Walkable Position' would use a location in a spawn room instead of the specified location when the spawn room doors were closed.
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI Soldier: 76 to be unable to use Biotic Field.
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug where disabling primary fire doesn't disable it for transform effects like Hanzo's Storm Arrows, Genji's Dragonblade, Soldier: 76's Tactical Visor, Torbjörn's Molten Core, Bastion's Configuration: Tank, and Winston's Primal Rage.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra and D.Va from using their Ultimate abilities when using the 'Set Ultimate Charge' action to grant 100% Ultimate charge.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players from focusing on the Rule checkbox when using a controller.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the "Stop holding button" from clearing the action when using a wait before the action.
  • Fixed a bug that caused players to always be returned to the Custom Game Browser when backing out of any game, if the player had been to the Custom Game Browser previously.
  • Fixed a bug that forced Console Players to press the button twice when attempting to enter a numerical value when using a controller. Console Players are now able to bring up the virtual keyboard for manual numerical entry via one button press when using controller.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause variable values displayed in the Inspector to fail to update after making changes and restarting the match.

Heroes
Ana
  • Anti-Heal will be cleared when Sombra uses her translocator to teleport.
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ana's shot sound effects to be played on Baptiste when his Immortality Field is hit by her Primary Fire.
Brigitte
  • Enemy barriers now block line-of-sight for Brigitte's Rally.
  • Fixed a bug where armor damage mitigation was too effective when multiple instances of armor were stacked on top of each other.
Doomfist
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to access out-of-bounds areas of the the Havana map during his ultimate.
  • Fixed an issue where Doomfist's Rocket Punch would sometimes impact stairs.
  • Fixed issue where Doomfist's Seismic Slam was not showing its electricity effect on affected entities.
  • Fixed a bug that could result in Seismic Slam not hitting targets when it should.
Genji
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's damage boost from being applied to deflected projectiles.
Hanzo
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo's targeting reticle to appear on kill cam for players killed by his Dragonstrike Ultimate.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo's hands to clip into his legs during the Meditate emote on several skins (Cyberninja, Lone Wolf, Scion, Young Master).
Lucio
  • Fixed a bug that prevented portions of Lucio's 2019 Pacific All-Stars skin from being visible in highlight and in-game portraits.
Orisa
  • Fixed a bug that caused Supercharger to self-destruct when placed in certain locations.
Roadhog
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog's hook to function when he was hacked by Sombra.
Sombra
  • Translocator will now escape slippery surfaces more easily and not be able to be stuck to them.
  • Fixed an issue where a material effect on Sombra's hair would cause it to cast a shadow while invisible.
Symmetra
  • Resolved an issue where Enemy and Friendly UI color options were incorrectly being applied to Symmetra's Photon Barrier.
Torbjörn
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some of Torbjörn's visual effects from being applied when he used Overload with certain skins equipped.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn's turret to sometimes destroy itself.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So at this point we have at least five possible characters who are being teased:
  1. Junker Queen
  2. Echo
  3. Sojourn
  4. Omnic guy from Storm Rising
  5. Mauga
Jeff has also confirmed they have many new heroes in development. Yet at a rate of three heroes a year, it'll be at least two years between some of these characters being teased and their actual release. I wonder if the rumored expansion will come with multiple new heroes at once to help reinvigorate the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they sneaked another nerf for Brig's ult in there, with it no longer passing through enemy barriers.

The replay system seems cool. What would be even cooler is if they could auto-populate the timeline with highlights, so you dont have to scrub through blindly looking for the big plays. Edit: Or a keybind you can press in game to put a marker on the timeline.

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Update is live

OVERWATCH RETAIL PATCH NOTES – JUNE 18, 2019
A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum
For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.
For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.
PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Baptiste's Reunion Challenge
We're bringing Baptiste's journey in the short story "What You Left Behind" to Overwatch with some special, unlockable in-game content. Wins in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade will all earn you themed sprays, a player icon, and a new epic skin – MEDIC BAPTISTE!

Tune in to participating Twitch broadcasters while they're playing Overwatch anytime through July 2 to earn six Baptiste's Reunion Challenge sprays!

To learn more about Baptiste's Reunion Challenge, click here.

New Feature: Replays
Experience your past Overwatch games from a whole new perspective with Replays. Replays allows you to watch your ten most recent matches from any vantage point. Whether you want a first-person, third-person, or bird's-eye view, you can see it all with this tool. Hone your strategies by slowing down or speeding up the game to see exactly how a critical moment played out, get a better view of the action from above, or even turn off the UI completely.

Learn more about Replays: Blizz.ly/OverwatchReplays
HERO UPDATES
Baptiste
Biotic Launcher
  • Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
Amplification Matrix
  • Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.
Developer Comments: Given the dual nature of Baptiste's weapon, he ends up having to reload often. We're increasing the amount of ammo he has to work with so he can get more firing time while healing. Similarly, increasing the duration of Amplification Matrix will allow allies more time to get into position to make use of it.

D.Va
Defense Matrix
  • Reduced length of Defense Matrix from 15 meters to 10 meters.
Developer Comments: Defense Matrix is a very powerful defensive ability and can often feel oppressive from far away. Reducing the range on it will require D.Va to position herself more carefully to take advantage of its effects.

McCree
Peacekeeper
  • Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.42 seconds.
Developer Comments: On average, McCree's damage output wasn't quite making up for the relatively low mobility or utility in his kit. Reducing his weapon's recovery time improves the potential damage output without affecting the number of successful shots to kill an enemy.

Orisa
Protective Barrier
  • Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.
Developer Comments: Orisa has one of the longest weapon reloads and interrupting it to deploy a new barrier felt too disruptive to her gameplay. This change allows her to reload as needed while still being able to protect herself and her team.

Symmetra
Teleporter
  • Teleporter interact range increased from 1 meter to 1.5 meters.
Developer Comments: This is primarily a quality of life improvement as it was possible to create a teleporter that Symmetra was unable to interact with unless she moved toward it.

Torbjörn
Rivet Gun
  • Secondary Fire damage per pellet reduced from 12.5 to 10.5 (105 dmg total per shot).
Developer Comments: The combined damage output of Torbjörn's secondary fire with his Overload ability was too high given his recently increased survivability.
GAME MODE UPDATES
Assault
  • Time awarded for capturing Point A on all Assault maps has been reduced from 4 minutes to 3 minutes.
  • Upon losing Point A, any defenders that are dead, or that die shortly thereafter, will have a maximum respawn of 3.5 seconds.
Developer Comments: Assault match lengths are averaging higher than we're happy with, particularly in Competitive where there are multiple rounds. We're also concerned with how often Offense fully captures Point A and Point B. Reducing the round time from 8 to 7 minutes should address both these concerns, as less overall time rewards better Defense.

Additionally, sometimes Defenders fight late with good intentions at Point A and end up staggered from their team when A falls, leaving their team with uneven footing to defend a rush to B. In these situations, temporarily lowering the respawn time to get those Defenders back with their team should be a better match experience and doesn't punish players so harshly for wanting to defend Point A.

WORKSHOP UPDATES
General
  • Visual update applied
  • Check boxes added to support operations on multiple conditions/actions/rules.
  • You can now disable conditions/actions/rules without deleting them.
  • (PC) When copying conditions/actions/rules, the contents will also be copied to your clipboard in a text format.
  • (PC) When pasting conditions/actions/rules, the editor will use the text from your clipboard.
  • Increased maximum number of effects from 64 -> 128.
  • Added 'Modify Global Variable At Index'.
  • Added 'Modify Player Variable At Index'.
BUG FIXES
General
  • Communication Wheel: "Acknowledge" pings triggered through the Communication Wheel can now target objectives.
  • Fixed a bug where explosions could play in the wrong position if a mispredicted impact happened on the client.
  • Fixed an issue where some UI effects weren't being properly colored when color blind settings are set on console.
  • Tutorial: Weapon UI is now hidden until your weapon is available.
  • Havana PvP – Fixed a bug that could cause the payload to get stuck leaving the Distillery checkpoint.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause the Play of the Game animation to be cut off before it ends.
  • Fixed a bug that could limit the number of effects displayed on screen at the same time.

Workshop
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug where AI Soldier: 76 wouldn't fire his Helix Rocket at the same target twice.
  • Custom Game: Fixed an issue where 'Nearest Walkable Position' would use a location in a spawn room instead of the specified location when the spawn room doors were closed.
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug that could cause AI Soldier: 76 to be unable to use Biotic Field.
  • Custom Game: Fixed a bug where disabling primary fire doesn't disable it for transform effects like Hanzo's Storm Arrows, Genji's Dragonblade, Soldier: 76's Tactical Visor, Torbjörn's Molten Core, Bastion's Configuration: Tank, and Winston's Primal Rage.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra and D.Va from using their Ultimate abilities when using the 'Set Ultimate Charge' action to grant 100% Ultimate charge.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players from focusing on the Rule checkbox when using a controller.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the "Stop holding button" from clearing the action when using a wait before the action.
  • Fixed a bug that caused players to always be returned to the Custom Game Browser when backing out of any game, if the player had been to the Custom Game Browser previously.
  • Fixed a bug that forced Console Players to press the button twice when attempting to enter a numerical value when using a controller. Console Players are now able to bring up the virtual keyboard for manual numerical entry via one button press when using controller.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause variable values displayed in the Inspector to fail to update after making changes and restarting the match.

Heroes
Ana
  • Anti-Heal will be cleared when Sombra uses her translocator to teleport.
Baptiste
  • Fixed a bug that caused Ana's shot sound effects to be played on Baptiste when his Immortality Field is hit by her Primary Fire.
Brigitte
  • Enemy barriers now block line-of-sight for Brigitte's Rally.
  • Fixed a bug where armor damage mitigation was too effective when multiple instances of armor were stacked on top of each other.
Doomfist
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist to access out-of-bounds areas of the the Havana map during his ultimate.
  • Fixed an issue where Doomfist's Rocket Punch would sometimes impact stairs.
  • Fixed issue where Doomfist's Seismic Slam was not showing its electricity effect on affected entities.
  • Fixed a bug that could result in Seismic Slam not hitting targets when it should.
Genji
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Genji's damage boost from being applied to deflected projectiles.
Hanzo
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo's targeting reticle to appear on kill cam for players killed by his Dragonstrike Ultimate.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo's hands to clip into his legs during the Meditate emote on several skins (Cyberninja, Lone Wolf, Scion, Young Master).
Lucio
  • Fixed a bug that prevented portions of Lucio's 2019 Pacific All-Stars skin from being visible in highlight and in-game portraits.
Orisa
  • Fixed a bug that caused Supercharger to self-destruct when placed in certain locations.
Roadhog
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Roadhog's hook to function when he was hacked by Sombra.
Sombra
  • Translocator will now escape slippery surfaces more easily and not be able to be stuck to them.
  • Fixed an issue where a material effect on Sombra's hair would cause it to cast a shadow while invisible.
Symmetra
  • Resolved an issue where Enemy and Friendly UI color options were incorrectly being applied to Symmetra's Photon Barrier.
Torbjörn
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some of Torbjörn's visual effects from being applied when he used Overload with certain skins equipped.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Torbjörn's turret to sometimes destroy itself.
I wish they would add these patch notes to the main menu of the game (like how the have "What's New" during Events), because only hardcore gamers go online to read patch notes, so the majority of casual OverWatch players will never see them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.