• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Unauthorized Access Detected... > TALON FIREWALL... Bypassed > Accessing file... [CLASSIFIED] Communications Record of Captain Cuerva, D.

UCQ71166AB041550714816972.jpg

TO: F. MCMANAWAY

DATE: FEBRUARY 21, ____

SUBJECT: CUERVA STRIKE TEAM - LOG RECOVERED

Commander,

New information has surfaced about Captain Cuerva's missing strike team. My agents have recovered Cuerva's personal log. The last entry is dated 27 August, at 0430 hours, from Ti Ôtel Lanbi in Port-de-Paix. Transcript below.

SENIOR ANALYST

TRUNG LE NGUYEN

27 August, 0430 hours

Ti Ôtel Lanbi, Port-de-Paix, Haiti

We landed at 2000 hours on 26 August. Tortuga lies across the canal, a dark, rocky shape against the sky. My team bunked down in the hotel, and we planned to cross to the island in the morning. Our orders: to retrieve Jean-Baptiste Augustin, or, failing that, to eliminate him. I still hold out hope to talking sense into him. No one leaves Talon. The organization needs him, now more than ever. All it will take, I'm sure, is the right kind of pressure to make him regret his decision.

At 0200 hours, Pacanowsky left the hotel to purchase supplies and failed to return. Mazzei and Doubleday were dispatched to locate him, and an hour later, there was a knock at my door. The hotel staff delivered a box with my name on it. Inside was a folded letter and Pacanowsky, Mazzei, and Doubleday's emblems, which looked like they had been torn from their jackets.

Come find me, Cuerva.

I know better than to underestimate Baptiste. I helped train him myself, and he was one of our best. I've never known a medic to be such a good shot, and his adaptability to new situations is a rare talent. All of us have seen our fair share of conflict, but Baptiste was built to survive. I swear he has the Devil's own luck.

I am preparing the rest of the team to move out. Baptiste could be gone by dawn. I don't know if Pacanowsky, Mazzei, and Doubleday are still alive. All three of them were part of Baptiste's unit before his desertion, and given their personal inclinations, the odds aren't in their favor.

If all goes well, everything will be settled and we'll be on our way home by tonight. Hopefully Baptiste will be among us, playing cards and drinking rum, instead of lying in a shallow island grave.

But either way, I will not fail. It will be done.

D. Cuerva

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be pointing towards a Sombra related event? Maybe this years Archives event? (If there is a new one that is).

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
if it is an archives event, please for the love of god dont have stuff for doing it on legendary. Uprising on legendary was the most difficult thing ive done in a game ever.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Baptiste guy in the mission report. Ex-Talon, medic, good shot, took out a whole unit. Sounds like a new character for sure.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
UCQ71166AB041550714816972.jpg

TO: F. MCMANAWAY

DATE: FEBRUARY 21, ____

SUBJECT: CUERVA STRIKE TEAM - LOG RECOVERED

Commander,

New information has surfaced about Captain Cuerva's missing strike team. My agents have recovered Cuerva's personal log. The last entry is dated 27 August, at 0430 hours, from Ti Ôtel Lanbi in Port-de-Paix. Transcript below.

SENIOR ANALYST

TRUNG LE NGUYEN

27 August, 0430 hours

Ti Ôtel Lanbi, Port-de-Paix, Haiti

We landed at 2000 hours on 26 August. Tortuga lies across the canal, a dark, rocky shape against the sky. My team bunked down in the hotel, and we planned to cross to the island in the morning. Our orders: to retrieve Jean-Baptiste Augustin, or, failing that, to eliminate him. I still hold out hope to talking sense into him. No one leaves Talon. The organization needs him, now more than ever. All it will take, I'm sure, is the right kind of pressure to make him regret his decision.

At 0200 hours, Pacanowsky left the hotel to purchase supplies and failed to return. Mazzei and Doubleday were dispatched to locate him, and an hour later, there was a knock at my door. The hotel staff delivered a box with my name on it. Inside was a folded letter and Pacanowsky, Mazzei, and Doubleday's emblems, which looked like they had been torn from their jackets.

Come find me, Cuerva.

I know better than to underestimate Baptiste. I helped train him myself, and he was one of our best. I've never known a medic to be such a good shot, and his adaptability to new situations is a rare talent. All of us have seen our fair share of conflict, but Baptiste was built to survive. I swear he has the Devil's own luck.

I am preparing the rest of the team to move out. Baptiste could be gone by dawn. I don't know if Pacanowsky, Mazzei, and Doubleday are still alive. All three of them were part of Baptiste's unit before his desertion, and given their personal inclinations, the odds aren't in their favor.

If all goes well, everything will be settled and we'll be on our way home by tonight. Hopefully Baptiste will be among us, playing cards and drinking rum, instead of lying in a shallow island grave.

But either way, I will not fail. It will be done.

D. Cuerva

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a new DPS-based support hero like Zenyatta, I'll actually reinstall the game.

"Medic that happens to be an exceptional shot" sounds like my kind of hero.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the incredibly slow drip of content with little to no effort being put toward addressing serious issue with the game's design and balance have really put me off overwatch for the last year or so

i finally understand blizzard fandom

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Fingers crossed for a Talon Tank so they can add an "Overwatch" mode which is the "canonical" way to play the game
Tracer/Solider 76/Reinhardt/Winston/Mercy/Ana Vs Reaper/Widowmaker/Sombra/Doomfist/Talon Tank/Moira

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Boring, game is in serious need of a Winston/Reinhart alternative that can actually be played full time unlike Orisa and they release another damn healer

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't Jeff say several black women are in the pipe in response to the Ashe criticism? Guess it's gonna be a while. Hope he didn't mean that Omnic with Mcree as counting.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
For the love of all that is holy, please be a tank. The last thing this game needs is another sniper.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Baptiste stands out too much as a name, they go out of their way to call him a medic and to say he's kicking talon ass etc

New healer named Baptiste.

Also...McManaway is the name of the Talon Commander, which seems important.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Ya, but I don't like snipers. I like getting in people's face. If it's a new hero that plays more like Zen than Ana, that would appeal to me more. Zen was my most favorite support to play and Ana was my least.

>DPS-based support hero
>Getting in people's faces

You see, there's this hero called Brigitte...

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
wonder what the heal mechanism will be. "exceptional shot" makes his weapon sound pretty ranged but i doubt he'll literally be wielding ana's rifle.

or it's all a decoy and Cuerva is a new talon hero after all and Baptiste gets to hang out with that one friend of symmetra's in character-limbo forever.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm still waiting for Echo personally lol.

Watch as this new hero is actually a reborn Gérard Lacroix in disguise.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot Ashe came out (guess the total non-presence of DPS in OWL hasn't done her any favors). Yeah, guess this is gonna be a Tank or Support hero, then.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot Ashe came out (guess the total non-presence of DPS in OWL hasn't done her any favors). Yeah, guess this is gonna be a Tank or Support hero, then.

Non presence? You've had teams going triple or quad dps and i think every hero has been played bar like 3 or 4 and people probably forget they exist anyway.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love another off tank. Definitely not another fucking support...with high survivability. GOATS is already disgusting.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Baptiste got EVERYONE to defect including Cuerva and that's why they're all missing. But on its face, it looks like Baptiste killed them all based on the fact that they say they 'recovered' Cuerva's log.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Non presence? You've had teams going triple or quad dps and i think every hero has been played bar like 3 or 4 and people probably forget they exist anyway.
I feel like these days when I tune into OWL I primarily see triple tank support teams but maybe I'm just suffering from total memory loss.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
"dps healer" and "another tank" don't really sound like targeted goats-killers. maybe they decided to make the hero a dedicated anti-meta creation.

I feel like these days when I tune into OWL I primarily see triple tank support teams but maybe I'm just suffering from total memory loss.
nah, it's not just you . people occasionally do 3 or 4 dps pushes but then revert to the GOATS default when they lose momentum.

the most successful other team-comp was throwing a sombra in there. there were some juiiiicy emps.

they did make it through every hero by the end of saturday though.

what does GOATS mean, I haven't been keeping up with overwatch

triple-tank, triple support. kinda a deathball focused around using brig + lucio for aoe heals and speed
people first realized it was currently a very good team comp from watching a team named goats.

Status
Not open for further replies.