• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just thought this was too good looking not to share. Also painful to know we will probably never get anything like it.

What you're about to see does not exsist. It is not endorsed, licensed or under development. I make game sequel mockups for fun, and after planning to do this for years, I finally convinced myself to bring this to life. Enjoy. #ChronoTrigger #ChronoCross

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This just depresses me.

Maybe Octopath Traveler's sucess will lead to SE greenlighting a sequel that looks something like this... It wouldn't need that big a budget!

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, that looks great.

He should just make his own game that looks exactly look that!

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I always thought it'd be cool that if Chrono Break ever released to do it in a PS2 style almost as if it was a video game sequel lost to the ages... almost like Sonic Mania.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That was MUCH more well done than I was expecting =O

Good stuff ... but saddly it became clear it does not exist because NO WAY Square does a chrono sequel AND in the impossibility of this happens, it is not going to be full sprites

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know what to expect, but that sure looks amazing.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This just depresses me.

Maybe Octopath Traveler's sucess will lead to SE greenlighting a sequel that looks something like this... It wouldn't need that big a budget!

All the people that actually cares about Chrono are pretty much gone. Masato Kato left Square so everything you will see coming out of the Chrono series would be a parody of itself

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.webp

Everything about this is amazing. That Lavos looking humanoid in particular is so perfect it's insane.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that looks great. I love the artwork and how they represented it in a retro, but well-detailed, way.

I would totally play that if it existed.

Nov 4, 2017
Looks super good.

I'd kind of want something like this mixed with some of the advancements in lighting, water, and 3D level design seen in Octopath Traveler.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
My alternate childhood where Chrono Break was made just flashed before me, thank you for this trailer.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A thread that combines my two least-favourite things: A non-existing Chrono Break and Chrono Cross.

Just great.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Neat.

I wish he would do one for Breath of Fire, since he already did that Breath of Fire 6 mock-up art.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Looks great!

If they ignore everything from Chrono Cross this could have been a real hit!

You are obviously not a true Chrono series fan lol. Aside from the art (which is pure preference) since Toriyama wasn't part of Cross since Horii left to focus on DQ Cross it is very important to the whole Chrono mythos, Lucca, and a bunch of other interesting details. Radical Dreamers as well. Plus the combat system of Cross has aged a lot better than I thought.

I wouldn't want Chrono Break to be 2D sprite game for some reason. Maybe a really hand crafted cel shaded Dragon Ball FighterZ look. I'd even take a CT remake done with great care and anime level cut scenes like we got in the PSX/GBA version

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This was fantastic, man Simon's pixel art so freaking good. Now I just want a rpg by him, even if it's not related to the Chrono series.

As for S-E, I stopped expecting something from them in relation to the series for a quite while now, aside from re-releases. I did initially think that CT on the DS would maybe lead to something else, oh well.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Lucca ssems to have put on a few pounds in that mock up or is the aspect ratio a little weird?

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Why doesn't this exist?

Ugh... just why even do this? That one little snippet looks better than most RPGs I played this year. Depressed now. :P

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You would think square would have to be atleast thinking about Chrono Trigger, with how jrpgs have been doing in the last 3 years and how octopath performed sales wise even with a low budget