• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Gpu2pXq.png

Price - $25 (digital)
Digital release date - Feb 13 on Switch. Coming soon to PS4 and XBO. Out now on Steam.
Physical release date on Switch and PS4 - May 29
Developer - D-Pad Studio
Twitter - https://twitter.com/DPadStudio
Official site - http://owlboygame.com/
OST - https://jonathangeer.bandcamp.com/album/owlboy-ost

mandolynbombomanp6o31.gif

Features
  • A love letter to pixel art for a new audience, Owlboy is an open-world exploration game with a unique mix of flight and platforming.
  • Carry anything. Recruit Otus's friends as gunners to fight for you, each with unique abilities and stories.
  • Large dungeons with big and challenging boss battles.
  • An adventure 10 years in the making.
otusrunpwo8c.gif

screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/NWSUh

Reviews
GameSpot - https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/owlboy-review-a-heartfelt-tale/1900-6416567/
IGN - http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/03/owlboy-review
GameInformer - http://www.gameinformer.com/games/owlboy/b/pc/archive/2016/11/04/game-informer-review-owlboy.aspx

otushouse02wyuls.png

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
$25 sheesh, I can't be the only one to think how unfair that digital price is for Switch users.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Might pick this up for my mini-vacation this weekend along with Celeste.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Ask the devs for a F2P version with lootboxes.
Nah I'll stick with the lootbox free physical copy with 20% off, is that something you would want? I can give you their twitter handle.

The retail price is the retail price.

Do you really think the price would be cheaper here because it's possible to get cheaper copies on STEAM through unofficial channels?
Well I mean Humble Bundle wasn't too unofficial IMO

Not gonna reply to anyone anymore cause I don't wanna muck up the OT with this kind of discourse I like the game and plenty will buy at this price, it's a no go for me though.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
played about an hour today and am really enjoying it. It looks so, so good.

A button to jump initially felt odd to me but I got on board pretty quick.

I'm also glad the day one update changed the Switch icon to something much better.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Bit the bullet on this one and so far I'm enjoying it. It has a pretty relaxing feel and WONDERFUL pixel animation, the story also starts in a pretty touching way.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, much respect to D-Pad Studio for informing us of the physical release date this far in advance.

On the other hand, I want to play this noooooow.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. I didn't have to think too hard to come up with it. It was either that or something about Orly and Yarly.
That's funny then.

Kind of surprised it's coming out on Switch before Xbone and PS4. I know it didn't get much attention when it released on Steam, but I didn't realize it hadn't also released on consoles. That explains it. Hopefully it gets a bunch of attention. It's so beautiful.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The game is fantastic and I'm absolutely certain it will be a hit on Switch with that art style. One of my favorite indie games of 2016.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne
I'm extremely interested in giving this a try after I finish Celeste (or give up on finishing Celeste).

The price seems fair to me, I'm not sure what the complaints are about.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
ah Owlboy, the biggest example of a game that should have been much better than it actually is I've ever encountered :(

Still ok tho, but man :(

DireStr8s

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I was going to be playing this on Ps4 today.

Hope the digital version releases before May.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I got Owlboy in the recent monthly bundle, and while I wouldn't call the game amazing I did really enjoy my time with it. Just know what you're getting. This doesn't have the precision gameplay of Hollow Knight. I wouldn't even call Owlboy a metroidvania. If a light adventure game with fantastic visuals and a very endearing story interests you then I can definitely recommend Owlboy. Otus is so adorable:)

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I found this game to be monumentally disappointing. SuperBunnyHop's review covers most of the reasons why I feel this way:

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful, and has some really, great moments.

But (spoilers to follow)...
The ending felt very much like a bait-and-switch to me. They build up a big bad through the course of the game and you never get to fight him properly! I feel like it was setting up for an Owlboy 2 that might or might not ever happen given how long it took to make the first game.

Still, it was a worthwhile experience overall for me, and I hope the Switch port does well.

Pixel Grotto

Oct 27, 2017
Owlboy is a real obvious labor of love, but it has some problems that bugged me. It seems to be missing an entire second act and I really, really disliked the ending.

I wrote some impressions about it here a while ago. They still stand, but the more I think about the game these days the more I find it disappointing rather than excellent.

I do think it's worth experiencing at least once, if only because the soundtrack is lovely and there were a few moments that made me feel like I was playing something special from an alternate timeline where the Sega Saturn reigned supreme.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Played around two hours, like it a hell of a lot so far. Feel so sorry for Otus everytime he is shouted at, his little face looks so sad, but I also love his cheeky smile.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I'm extremely impressed with this game! unbelievable effort went into creating the world, animation, and the gameplay. if you isolate the gameplay elements (shooting, platforming... etc) maybe you won't be satisfied enough because this isn't a "mechanics" game like Celeste, but if you look at the whole package and the whole experience that the game is meant to deliver, you will appreciate how brilliant the whole experience is. also, the direction is top notch! the timing of the music and sound effects, and the pacing... overall its very well done and carefully crafted the whole time.
this game is up there with Shovel Knight and Celeste as indie gem, if it keeps it up to the end its going to be one of my favorite 2D games of all time.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Bought my copy but i didn't start a game yet. For sure tonight i'll get into it.

This game has been on my radar for a long time and the positive impressions are encouraging !

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I bought it on Switch. So far I like it a lot!
Only about 1-2 hours in, though...